Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice (11211 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Access Bank Approves Paternity Leave For Male Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Unrated900(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2023
Lagos ile ogbon
Ilu awon don
Shine ur eyes when coming oooo ebube
No waiting
No gocking
No slacking
No pressing of phone anyhow.
Remember not to stop at oshodi.
Those ageros knows who is coming newly.
Once again I wish u luck in ur endeavors
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Zealoy(m): 10:34am On Dec 21, 2023
Elstan20:

All you said are lies I didn't remember telling you I want to go to a high market place I will go to where my money can start something
Not all places in Lagos has thier shop rent ranging from 400k na lie and not all houses in Lagos has their rent ranging from 150k too so stop with the unnecessary hype man .
oga wetin he dey tell u na true o, list face me i slap u now in lagos is #200k including agent then u pay #80k yearly, one room selfcon is #350k with agent then u pay #200k yearly, list shop inside market is #400k with agent then u pay #250k yearly, cost of living in lagos state is high, sometimes it will be as if u are hustling for the landlords/land ladys here in lagos, am paying #750k per year at Tradefair international market ojo lagos state, which is list amount becuz am old tenant

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Komoscofield: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:
It's not worth what?
Money dey Lagos oga.
it's not worth it.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Ynix(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2023
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?
2. I plan on selling foodstuff ?
3. Which area and market will be conducive for
me to start this business.

Please I really need your advice . Your opinion matters alot

Sebi you be igbo guy, go to Lagos and look for someone to learn trading from
Or go to the wharf and get jobs. While you learn trading. Don't part with your money by doing what you have not learned yet

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by IamHonourable1: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2023
[quote author=ShinjaWWest post=127520470]Lagos be like London to Igbo people...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

Lagos was a former Nigerian capital and that's why people like to domicile there, don't think it's because the previous state governors or southerners developed it
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by BallingGuy: 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
Elstan20:
I want to leave my current location due to circumstances which I can't control and moreover business here is very slow

And I want to deal on raw and not cooked food

The only advice I will give you:

1. Rent a room or room self-contain around alagbole/Ojodu abiodun (which is around Berger axis. This area has proximity to anywhere around Lagos and apartment around that location is quite affordable.

2. Cost of getting a shop around that axis is quite on the average. Minimum of 200K (and below).

3. The axis has mixture of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbos.

4. Easy access to bus park to the south-east.

5. Proximity to the airport (both local and international).

6. Every human around that axis, all they care about is food. They all need food.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by JaySmart4422: 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
The population of Igbos in Lagos
Sometimes makes me wonder if there are more people in the east
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Love800(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
Seriously?
Chicagograduate:
Different agencies of goverment will troop into your new store to demand one levies or the other.If you dont have they will lock your store.Agbero go also display their madness.Before you know it your business go crash.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Love800(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2023
Sir.
Pls can u assist me with anything.
Even if is 1k.
purejustice36:
If you’re a genuine person I think I can at least assist you with accommodation for just 3 months till you get your own place
and also connect you with your fellow Ebonyi people here who are into the same business and doing well for themselves
At least it’s safer to interact with your fellow language men
I need nothing from you , I’m just someone who hates stories that touch , so if you’re interested I have my conditions
1. You must be a neat person
2. You must not be a local person, I mean someone who lacks fashion sense
3. You must smell nice

Don’t judge me, I’m very big on neatness
If you don’t have a problem with none of it then , follow me on IG @Kelly_Dreyton my acct is on private just follow let’s talk more.

P.S- I need no dime from you.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Chicagograduate(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
Love800:
Seriously?
A trial will convince you
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Love800(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hmm.
But what and what agencies will come?
And is agbero not the same thinig with federal tax collectors?
Chicagograduate:
A trial will convince you
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Chicagograduate(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Love800:
Hmm.
But what and what agencies will come?
And is agbero not the same thinig with federal tax collectors?
Local government will come.Iyaloja,who is the daughter of Tinubu has her tax collectors who extort different types of levies from traders.There are morning, afternoon and night touts levy extortionists.
Another set of government will come for a levies that you don't know.
They may ask you to pay 10k,but will reduce it to 3k without receipt.
All this money end up in private pockets instead of government purse.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by richeeyo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Elstan20:

Do you think I'm as stupid like your people that place more value for luxury instead of starting small and grow .lol man I not gonna go for a high class place or shop when I'm there I go for as little as 5 or less per of my money ( I believe in starting with what's at my disposal) so go and huge transformers you frustrated tribal bigot
Have been waiting to reply you
In my comments was anything tribalistic or insulting on for you to turn around and insult me,
May the soil of the yoruba land that you so much despise it's people drink your blood
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2023
richeeyo:

Have been waiting to reply you
In my comments was anything tribalistic or insulting on for you to turn around and insult me,
May the soil of the yoruba land that you so much despise it's people drink your blood

Have sense IJN Amen
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Love800(m): 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
My God!
But how can one avoid these illegal tax. Am willing to pay the levies but how can one put a stop to the illegal ones?
What if the ur business is registered, will it put a stop to it?
In the future i plan frying snacks(puff puff, doughnuts, eggroll) on the roadside. I hope dis wont affect me.
Chicagograduate:
Local government will come.Iyaloja,who is the daughter of Tinubu has her tax collectors who extort different types of levies from traders.There are morning, afternoon and night touts levy extortionists.
Another set of government will come for a levies that you don't know.
They may ask you to pay 10k,but will reduce it to 3k without receipt.
All this money end up in private pockets instead of government purse.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Theophinio(m): 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
24SEVEN:

If and when you eventually want to start your food business, consider Port harcourt. Food is sold at an exorbitant rate here.

That's exactly what I figured out

Am into supplies of quality rice around South South. I plan to penetrate into Portharcourt in 2024

Price: #48,000 (Wholesale price)

Long grain rice

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Theophinio(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
Akinpresident:
Don't go to Lagos.

Ignore the hype.

You can go much later if you wish; that's after you've established yourself.

Stay in the east. It's much better for you in terms of growing quickly in business.

Pick any eastern town, maybe Onitsha or Aba or Enugu or Owerri, just anywhere, go to Ebonyi and source for food items. Rice, cassava products, potato etc, then buy small small first and start reselling in these cities, when you master the business, you can start reselling in bulk.

Again, don't goto Lagos. Stay in the east first.

One of the best, if not the best advice have read in this thread

That's what am currently doing. I thank God am growing rapidly
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Chicagograduate(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Love800:
My God!
But how can one avoid these illegal tax. Am willing to pay the levies but how can one put a stop to the illegal ones?
What if the ur business is registered, will it put a stop to it?
In the future i plan frying snacks(puff puff, doughnuts, eggroll) on the roadside. I hope dis wont affect me.
Na MC oluomo agbero go show you pepper.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Love800(m): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
U didn't answer the question. But thankz.
Chicagograduate:
Na MC oluomo agbero go show you pepper.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
Theophinio:

One of the best, if not the best advice have read in this thread

That's what am currently doing. I thank God am growing rapidly

Your WhatsApp number please let's chat this is mine please message me or drop yours let's talk
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Theophinio(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Elstan20:

Your WhatsApp number please let's chat this is mine please message me or drop yours let's talk

Ok bro

Have whatsapp you. You can edit and remove your number here
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 7:15am On Dec 22, 2023
online4business:

Ebube ebube ebube na three times I call you ooo.

Go ebonyi buy bag of rice from mill come sell for kogi

If you follow my advice in two to three years you can travel to Lagos to do holiday.

House for kogi and Lagos 50-150 na face me I face you ooo.

Shop rent for kogi highest 100k Lagos go manage 400k

Security for kogi na to buy ogogoro for them #2000 highest Lagos you go pay police pay area boys pay security you to pay pay pay pay yet boys to still be boys.

Your go finish before you even start the business sef.

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by MrNice04(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21
Dikastan:
Come to Onitsha and do the business,Lagos is over hyped. We have markets and the population here in Onitsha to give you bumper sale. Lagos will frustrate you with endless demolition of markets and tribalistic discrimination. In case you later decided to go to Lagos,never you invest one Kobo there. Don't ever buy land there even if they are selling it five naira. Do your business and think home. If you want to come to Onitsha,I will assist you without collecting Kobo from you.
I'm really interested sir can we talk on phone please...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Elliot Waves And Harmonic Pattern Strategic Trading (re-loaded) / Fraud: Lagos Businessman Sues UBA For N38 Million / Sanusi: It's Illegal To Collect Dollar For Services Rendered In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.