Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son (49625 Views)

I Returned To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US – Ondo Man / Homeless Man And Wife Get Help From Twitter As They Go Viral / Cacudu Benson's First Wife Now Homeless (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by yemmywesey(m): 9:46am On Dec 17, 2023
The man is the architect of his own misfortunes, you left your wife and two kids in Nigeria and abandoned for many years without looking back, what about the trauma the wife went through when she needed her husband most, leading to her being evicted from her husband house by her husband elders brother which eventually led to the death of the first son. What did the Japa man achieved after spending 30 years in UK/US.
The juju aspect or spiritual attack on the man must be investigated, people that are remote controlling him from Nigeria should be investigated also.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Kingrshd3: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2023
Ganjafama:
Japa is not a means to wealth, rather it is a means of attaining a comfortable life and also means of creating a good future for your kids. This is something that is hard to achieve here in Nigeria.

God bless you u at least u comment with a valid idea and reasons to Japa but 90% of people believe it's a means of wealth 🤑.

That's my point ☝️
They do say it as if getting there will make u pluck money on d tree without paying taxes Levi's and so on ..
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Houseontherock1: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2023
chidiakwari:
The son should go and find out how he can get citizenship from his father and leave this hell hole called Nigeria.
That is the Koko grin
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Ganjafama(m): 9:52am On Dec 17, 2023
Beraphiu:

This Life is a great lesson, No one wants to be a slave to others and people are making it out there but my advice for everyone is, if you can make it in Nigeria to the the extent of raising the sum of N15m I don't think you need to travel out and for people who want to do that it must have been in your twenties or Early thirties

Here are the lessons to derive from this story
1. You must be academically sound or have a skill that you can rely on when u get out there

2. In Marriage; you can see the son trying to make his mum and dad unite together, which teaches us that if you are a man and you cannot withstand any time a thing like this will happen don't marry a single mother.

The story is not clear at all. How can he think of reuniting his parents when his mother is already married to another man? If I were the new husband I'd chase away the father and son from my house. The idiot abandoned his wife and kids here in Nigeria for decades and now that's he's sick he wants to unite with the wife he left 30 years ago not minding the fact that she is married.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by oluwaseyi0: 9:56am On Dec 17, 2023
chidiakwari:
The son should go and find out how he can get citizenship from his father and leave this hell hole called Nigeria.

Live hell hole Nigeria then come back 30 years empty handed? Seems some people never learn that abroad is not for everyone
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Artscollection: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2023
Beraphiu:

This Life is a great lesson, No one wants to be a slave to others and people are making it out there but my advice for everyone is, if you can make it in Nigeria to the the extent of raising the sum of N15m I don't think you need to travel out and for people who want to do that it must have been in your twenties or Early thirties

Here are the lessons to derive from this story
1. You must be academically sound or have a skill that you can rely on when u get out there

2. In Marriage; you can see the son trying to make his mum and dad unite together, which teaches us that if you are a man and you cannot withstand any time a thing like this will happen don't marry a single mother.

With the present govt, naija can swallow your 50milla without you knowing.
The biggest problem in nigeria is the stiffling of consumer's purchasing power,that is a very bad indicator and reasons why oyibo companies are living.
China as an exporting country does more to keep their individual purchasing power at it's best because iinability to do that will collapse your economy so opening a business if you don't have one already is a very risky adventure.
My advice to japarians is to have a good plan of returning back home,start planning for your return as soon as you get there even of it is in the next 10yrs.never make yourself comfortable, that is the reason that man failed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by emerged01(m): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2023
Agunesinjaweola:
Why must a man left for abroad without looking back for his family either to visit or bring them over
This doesn't look good to me and there's a missing link both in the UK and US as many questions are begging for answers !?
Bro,even me I dont have pity on baba o. He left his wife and two kids without looking back for 30yrs. I no wan talk much sha.
My own dad did the same. The story long o even this one no reach. Make we just dey thank God for life and be a good father to our children.

1 Like

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by CaptainFM1: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2023
chidiakwari:

That's if Baba has. Many people abroad are there illegally and hope of getting document has long be closed on them.

On a serious note, we need to do something about this Japa mindsets.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Never said Nigeria is not a fertile ground. My point is he should draw his positive lessons & be thankful & move on.

Or are you saying there is ZERO possibility he may have died from any of those vices?

Vices abound everywhere, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm more like in the middle. We good

###
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by ednut1(m): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2023
This old man is not telling the truth 🙄
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by vannessa7(f): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2023
Ganjafama:
The story is not clear at all. How can he think of reuniting his parents when his mother is already married to another man? If I were the new husband I'd chase away the father and son from my house. The idiot abandoned his wife and kids here in Nigeria for decades and now that's he's sick he wants to unite with the wife he left 30 years ago not minding the fact that she is married.

What he might be saying is for the father and mother to settle their differences, their quarrel, I'm sure the woman was very bitter when her husband disappeared.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Franzinni: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2023
toxtimmy:
You people like to boil the ocean....why?...why do something that's impossible?... Why always look for bad in everything?... Not everything will or is supposed to make sense for you, what you don't understand and will make no difference in your life, just ignore and move on.

Example... Your salary and stuff is not enough to pay your rent, so where did you get money to buy data on your phone for the internet?...now I think you be their and they steal money from somewhere to be able to afford data... Or are you a ritualist?.

Not everything you go out your nose I ti unless you have facts that will make a difference in your life or others life.... For now explain how you get money to buy data on your phone to come on the internet even though you are in the negative every month after getting your salary?

well ... I understand your point of view and I must say you are right , my opinions on the matter are just that, opinions, you have made no effort to negate my observations though and that puts you in a similar position as me .... Opinions. Now let's ask ourselves why? What is the motive for thier disclosure of events in thier life? I have my opinions on that as well but I'll rather keep it in line with yours.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by BGSM: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2023
I ll not subscribe to this man story because their are lot of hidden facts that caused his predicament right from the first day of engagement with his wife in Nigeria before he travelled out up till moment.
Another point is that we can’t compare the level of technology in the 80’s and 90’s and the level of technology of today.
Their are lot of hidden facts that are left out.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Umadam: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2023
Kai, this story is so touching....
It almost broke me....
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by hotseat: 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
I often tell those who care to listen that if "japaing" abroad isn't the avenue of fulfilling your destiny, such adventure would end up in utter futility.

Imagine, after a long 30yrs abroad, he came back worse off.

By His grace, we go make am here for Naija!

No shakement!

1 Like

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by page9(m): 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
[]Well, forceful and Chained evacuation of black to Slave Ships no Longer Happen again

The west has successfully brain-washed us to believe the grass will always be greener on the otherside

That is the point the "African Afrobeats Legend-Fela Anikulapo Kuti Preached all his life" That, instead of Africans standing up and taking responsibility for the development of Africa, we run to the western world for everything. The African leaders especially franco-phones will rather destroy their countries than to offend France, Same with Africans as individuals, rather than confront our challenges, we prefer to be second class citizens elsewhere.

When everyone leaves, who do they expect to make it better? Secondly, many do not have full grasp of the happenings at the other end, otherwise they will know that going abroad is not for everyone. I have visited many of these countries, 95% or more are struggling to cope with the daily challenges of life. Most people struggle daily to survive and meet their monthly bills, UK, Canada, Australia, Dubai, China, Turkey etc .Even the citizens of these countries are struggling[/b]g.

[b]Where there are challenges and problems, lies many business opportunities for those who can see beyond the noise.

The country is bad, we have terrible leaders, there is insecurity, kidnapping, boko haram etc, yes, we acknowledge all that but are these enough to be despondent? I don'nt think so.

For those who understand the Red Car Theory (RCT), they will understand better. Personally i see business opportunities everyday and i wonder why Nigerians love to complain rather than take advantage of these opportunities. But most lack the knowledge of Red Car Theory.

For the benefit of those who may not understand the Red Car Theory. If i ask those who have gone to church today. " How many Red Car did you noticed on your way going to church and while coming back today? You probably did not notice any red car passing. But if i had approached you in the morning before you set out to the church and i promise to pay you N5,000 per red car you see provided you can show me picture evidence with your phone. I bet you will not miss out any red car. Same with opportunites, just because we are not searching or looking does not mean there are no opportunities here. Many are not looking enough.

Many of my contemporaries who got American Green Cards are not better than some of us, Western world is not very suited for business success, it is for those willing to offer "Cheap labour". I used the word, cheap carefully because, your wages will not be adequate for your comfortable survival there. It is a lot of money when you convert the pay to Naira, but you will have to live in that country and spend the same currency in that same country.

I wish Africans will see the cup as half-filled than Half-empty, the western world will never appreciate a run-away who refused to take responsibility to put his house in order but wants to claim his right in other man's house, little wonder why some citizens of these western world are quick to remind Africans in diaspora to 'go back home and fix their economy', instead of feeding on their success.
What i realized is that, most Africans, especially Nigerians, prefer the easy way or short cut, they constantly do more of complaining than solving problems

Mental Slavery is much deadlier than physical slavery.

TwoBottles:
The world has been programmed in such a way that the black man will remain a slave. Our forefathers protested being taken away in chains but here we are doing anything we can to go and become slaves in a white man's land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by 90dbest: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2023
Only two cone heads I saw.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Mansunny: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lovemeharder:
Things are happening, thank God for life tho. Welcome back home.
Things are really happening
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by JustPowerApps(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2023
The anti-japa story no work, make government find something else give us in their blockbuster selection grin
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by toxtimmy: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
How will their notice help your live in any way shape or form?...

Secondly, is there anything you can do today that will make a difference in someone else's life?... I.e. go to your neighbours house and sy good at ernoon and ask them everything ok?...

Let me know if you think it's a bad idea.

Franzinni:
well ... I understand your point of view and I must say you are right , my opinions on the matter are just that, opinions, you have made no effort to negate my observations though and that puts you in a similar position as me .... Opinions. Now let's ask ourselves why? What is the motive for thier disclosure of events in thier life? I have my opinions on that as well but I'll rather keep it in line with yours.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Emekayoung(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2023
tongue tongue
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by ComeToJesus: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nonsense tales from a nonsense country to discourage migration.

Economic migration is a fact of life. Our father Abraham migrated.

Nations are entering into strategic alliances for manpower deals. Kenya just signed a deal with the government of Kuwait that will see skilled workers from Kuwait being gainfully employed. About 1500 of those workers are leaving for Kuwait this December. And let me tell you, your Perm Secs do not earn what these guys are going to get paid. One would have expected Nigeria to be in the league of nations scouting for good deals for its citizens. One wonders what is the use of so called 'ambassadors'

Your own government's role to is to pay Abike to be parroting up and down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by matify83: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2023
Faruq987:

Point out the discrepancies if you are sure you read it

At the point that baba was found under the bridge, he had already made contact with his son but claimed he found himself in nigeria mysteriously.

Baba has been in nigeria for years now, during which baba was partly rehabilitated in a church house. Baba has been to the psychiatric hospital and even been incacerated in prison.

The sensationalism the story initially generated is gradually been diluted by evidences now coming out.

I am also curious why a british citizen would suddenly lose citizenship for being careless with his passport.

1 Like

Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by BigIyanga: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
I told you.. that msn is a selfish and careless man. He only lived selfishly for himself. He had kids and Naija and never tool care of them.. most likely had kids in London too and abandoned them. Had kids in US… and abandoned them. Such a prodigal son
We have to enforce serious child support law in this country.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2023
Edusouls:
Lazy, stupid and shallow minded Nigerians, U.K Dey cash out from una, school tuition fees , travel fees una Dey put for their economy is in billions of pounds still na slave dem Dey use una doo, still u see some worthless people here hailing the intentional slavery. Blacks were not created by the same God that created others, we are yet to find out which god did

Why don't you use this same energy to develop the country and give people a strong reason not to travel out??

I'm sure this new found love for Nigeria is rooted in tribalism: probably your kinsman is in power.

We'll see how long the love will last grin
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2023
DKM123:
This story is not as complicated as they are making it seem.

The Baba travelled abroad and abandoned his family after marrying another wife who is an American.

The first wife and kids were thrown out of the family house after a while by the Baba's elder brother.

His first abandoned son died because their mother couldn't afford to buy drugs of 150naira.

The second abandoned son went in search of his father at adulthood to no avail.

The Baba was abandoned by his American wife and kids after he developed mental illness.

Baba came back to Nigeria 30years later suffering from kolomental and now wants to reunite with the family he abandoned for 30years.

You got it, man
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
Kingrshd3:

God bless u for this and don't mind that bastard saying rubbish

He's not a bastard; he was right.
He said ''probably'' and i'm sure you don't know the meaning of that word or you were blinded by your fake love for Nigeria.

The man would have PROBABLY died if he had remained in Nigeria. This is correct, if you are really educated

The only bastard here is the presumed educated adult who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'PROBABLY'.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Baba4kinatu:

Why have you not been killed by any of the emboldened

That's where probability comes in.

It could be 1, 1/10, 5/10/,9/10, etc.
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by Franzinni: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
toxtimmy:
How will their notice help your live in any way shape or form?...

Secondly, is there anything you can do today that will make a difference in someone else's life?... I.e. go to your neighbours house and sy good at ernoon and ask them everything ok?...

Let me know if you think it's a bad idea.

I see your point , you sure sound smart in isolation....Oh well
Re: Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son by daania50080: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
Some discrepancies are beginning to show up in Baba's story compared to his son's.Wishing baba luck in also reuniting with his wife and children abroad.Some discrepancies are beginning to show up in Baba's story compared to his son's.Wishing baba luck in also reuniting with his wife and children abroad....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Mourns His Fiancée, Who Died One Month To Their Wedding (pictures) / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.