Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! (10338 Views)

Are Nigerian Graduates Employable? / Covid-19 Pandemic Has Proved That Nigerian Graduates Are Highly Employable / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Dronedude(m): 11:56am On Dec 18, 2023
Yh they are entrepreneual.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by MT: 11:56am On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
I have had many experience interacting with people who need work
They like to Show their CV and certification which at the end they cant even follow simple instructions right
I wonder how many of them get their qualification?
This nation has a very long way to go no wonder we will even prefer to hire white man to come do work here because of experience.
You people should go and change

Most are not even trainable
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Brendaniel: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
They like to Show their CV and certification which at the end they cant even follow simple instructions right
This nation has a very long way to go no wonder we will even prefer to hire white man to come do work here because of experience.

Oga don't deceive yourself, the same people go abroad and they get employed....

If they were enough jobs, some of the criteria you are looking at may not be relevant in your reviews...

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Petie33: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
Pls can you teach me
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Realist777: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
Lol, you are right but don't you think you picked some wrong folks or you are interested in people that follow instructions like robot?
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Boldtrust(m): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2023
Because our educational system is rubbish. Our society is experiencing epic moral and ethical degradation because of our thirst for westernization and shift from pure African values

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Petie33: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

I have been keeping it in me since
but my recent intention to train unemployed people to become social media assistant is very frustrating and yet am doing it for free
You wont even imagine some are calling a free training that no one asked them money for here scam without following through at all.
pls can you teach me
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by tenpipsperday: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

But how come the same people you are here painting all sorts of bad color still excell when they venture into a well orgnized society?

Or you are looking for a slave whom you want to boss around

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by beardedboy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
I think you should actually question your leadership skills.

I've led teams and worked in teams. And we've successfully operated and achieved our goals.

Please improve your leadership skills or delegate the task to a competent leader.

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by hosemujica: 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ms202309:
cool

The difference between international HR and Nigerian HR

International HR actually give you work training and orientation to make your work better

Nigerian HR only cares about that Certificate you got many years ago, no retraining or orientation

I can still remember two different occasions

1: recruitment at Whogohost Lagos Nigeria

2: recruitment by Grand Excelsior Hotel Sharjah UAE

Whogohost wants a ready made IT guy

Grand Excelsior Hotel want a tailored made IT guy that would get trained atleast 3 months on basics of the Company

After training Nigerians they leave, Its not worth it.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by ehikwe22: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
Which other nationalities do you have experience with? I can say this is not exclusively a Nigerian. If you go to Europe or America, you'll understand that majority of white people are just like the majority of us - nothing special. Only less than 1% of them are exceptional and the system helps them excel.

Why have not been able to institute a strong system as theirs is a talk for another day - but just keep in mind that it has a lot to do with us and also with them. For example, why was the West hellbent on having Buhari become president? I hope we've seen th effect of Buhari's presidency on Africa. A loss for Africa and a win for them. Hopefully, things will turn around someday

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by candygist: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

but my recent intention to train unemployed people to become social media assistant is very frustrating and yet am doing it for free
You wont even imagine some are calling a free training that no one asked them money for here scam without following through at all.

How can I be a part of this training. I'm interested.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Foodhub2023: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

pls add me na
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Wallade(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

Excuse me, please give more information about the the statement in bold.

Besides, are you a recruiter, HR officer or......

Maybe you should also review your recruitment strategies, process and plan. You have to keep looking because there are yet several suitable Nigerians for the jobs except for some highly technical jobs that requires expatriates.

You also have to think about training of new and existing staff. It has a way of closing the knowledge gap than to go for quick fix solution like employing expatriates at the expense of national growth and development, capacity building and improving the living standards of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Foodhub2023: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

pls i wil appreciate it cos am just indoor this period
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Wallade(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

What strategy and criteria did you use to select your potential social media assistants for training? As terrible as your selected candidates can be, you must have missed some things too in the process of selection.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Father4all: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
It shows you are not educated. And it also show the corruption in Nigeria educational system
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Wallade(m): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2023
TimT:

We all keep shouting no job, unemployment, yet we have no entrepreneurial skills....
And worse, when we finally travel out to western world, we are ready to drop our certificate and do "Any job so long as it pays"...
But here, nobody wants to do anything without certificates... They aren't ready to drop their certificate...
It's just a matter of time, we'll get there...

We are ready to do any job abroad because of the economic power derived from the exchange rate upon conversion to naira.

I would rather be a caregiver, working 70hrs per week, in the USA than working as a manager earning 300 - 600k per month in Nigeria.

Can you see the picture.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Codes151(m): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
una just dey feel urself... what instructions? person dey find work, you dey review cv dey feel like king... monkey... for cheap work way una dey give nigerians?

whats the employment benefit for the rubbish work where u wan act like king? wht the salary? is it up to 3m per month? smh
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Realist777: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
1TrippleCee:

I have trained close to 500 in the past five years. Also majorly here too. I do not charge. I have taken some in to leave with me all end up disappointing to even stealing my items. Only very few have turned up to the moment that my work showed. Those ones have moved on to setup their own businesses. But the percentage is small. Very very small. Majority just want the results and nothing else they don't want to go through the process of getting the results
You don't just pick anyhow people and except them to possess certain qualities bro!
For you to have picked up someone that ends up stealing your stuff means you picked them without preliminarily testing them
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by motymop: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
TimT:

We all keep shouting no job, unemployment, yet we have no entrepreneurial skills....
And worse, when we finally travel out to western world, we are ready to drop our certificate and do "Any job so long as it pays"...
But here, nobody wants to do anything without certificates... They aren't ready to drop their certificate...
It's just a matter of time, we'll get there...

The reason why when we finally travel to the western world, we drop our certificate is because they don't take our certificate serious, then we become unemployable because of lack of skills, so many resort to do menial jobs while they restart their education again.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by TimT: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2023
Wallade:

We are ready to do any job abroad because of the economic power derived from the exchange rate upon conversion to naira.

I would rather be a caregiver, working 70hrs per week, in the USA than working as a manager earning 300 - 600k per month in Nigeria.

Can you see the picture.
If that's the case, then there wouldn't be any point going to university here in Nigeria...
After waec- just travel out...
Coz if they(you) are ready to travel out, then your educational certificate are moreorless useless...
If you don't join hand and develop your country, nobody will do it
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Bizibi(m): 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

You took it out of my mouth many of them cant even do simple task
They cant even put mind to learn practical things
And yet despite we cry unemployment many people would rather sell their house to send children to school
Children who will end up unemployed or getting paid peanut because they failed to maximize the advantage of their education because of little to no practical experience.
those days are long gone,the Nigerians now don't know how to persevere and go through the process. They all want it quick and it doesn't work like that.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by virginchaser(m): 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
I used to think Nigerians aren't trainable until i melt couples of job thirsty people i brought up from scratch, though graduates without practicable skills but got into our line of IT jobs to become pro with our softwares.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by RepoMan007: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
hmmm
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by motymop: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lukepeter:

There is no dignity in labour in Nigeria, and the purchasing power for your menial job in Nigeria is the worst.

If you can't even wrap your head around way people are more comfortable keeping their certificate aside to do menial job in other countries than in Nigeria then you are either not honest in your reasoning or you not capable of critical reasoning.

There is no dignity in menial jobs everywhere in the world

Nobody will respect a door man or a garbage man, uber driver,window cleaner or security man anywhere in the world, most menial jobs are for people with no certificate and it is not a job of pride

There is a reason why jobs like pilot, engineer, lawyers and many other white collar jobs are respected and paid well abroad because you need your certificate, skills and experience to be in those profession.

The reason why majority of immigrants do menial jobs abroad is because they have no skills, experience or don't have the right certificate which makes them unemployable for white collar jobs
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Wallade(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
TimT:

If that's the case, then there wouldn't be any point going to university here in Nigeria...
After waec- just travel out...
Coz if they(you) are ready to travel out, then your educational certificate are moreorless useless...
If you don't join hand and develop your country, nobody will do it

Which hand? You for ask me to join leg ni. The same Nigeria that our politicians and elites have bastardized and are still holding hostage.

Stop deceiving others even if you wanna deceive yourself.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Fuckgodndjesus: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Easybet1:
Useless scammer trying to lure people to WhatsApp with his useless training and mod push this to front page.

Smh
Seriously, who is the foolish mod that pushed this scammer trash to front page.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by onlinereach: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Please my candid and personal opinion, I agree with the author totally but the youths are not to blame, but the system i.e our Educational system that lays much emphasis on paper qualification. I am of the opinion that we must balance it without it thousands will remain unemployable. Today there are more opportunities than before but the system made it extremely difficult for many to discover their bearings after school. I strongly believed that Era of Employment Slavery is over.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by cigaricon(m): 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:

To add to this, many employees have this mindset of defrauding the company or it's clients/customers, or cutting corners to get extra pennies in their pockets. They don't care about the company. I've seen this a lot.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by motymop: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2023
Wallade:

Can you see the picture.

This mentality is what made black bottom of the food chain in the country where they now live.

You are not thinking about career growth or trying to be a better person professionally, you are thinking about currency exchange as if you will be spending the money in your home country when you immigrate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Skill To Learn As A Nursing Mother / I Will Build You A Professional Responsive Website/blog For 18K Only / ICS LTD Aptitude Test And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.