Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 (25052 Views)

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by gare(f): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics

Make the thing go make we rest over fight of ownership, or can the founders and owners help stop it from going under sea.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Codes151(m): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2023
LegendHero:
Story story.
you think so. lol.

Water table and earth degradation
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Landforsaletv: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by udemzyudex(m): 9:41am On Dec 18, 2023
Lagos go disappear bawo, is this play?
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by wolesmile(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2023
Where is Righteousness2 to preach his end time gospel? Abi this one no be sign of end times too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Chicagograduate(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2023
Tinubu built Lagos but he is destroying Nigeria
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Toosure70: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2023
How many of you here will be alive then. Abeg make I rest jare
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by israelmao(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2023
If Lagos doesn't sink they should come and sink it.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Edusouls(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2023
BitterTruth0001:
Maybe this will finally scare my Igbo brothers to stop investing massively in Lagos.
Dem no dey hear word
don’t go and get a life poor ronu boy, stay and be wailing Igbo and down,tribe wey Dey progress massively on their own. Igbos are gradually leaving Lagos let’s see how it would be in their absence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by DDIA: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2023
Where will Nyamirii move to in Nigeria that time? grin
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by iamtardey: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2023
That stupid man U play draw yesterday
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Nadingo: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Dubia will sink before Lagos. The same technology that made cities out of Ocean and Seas to build Dubia cities is still available to fortify Lagos cities.
It's Dubai not Dubia. Ahh!!!

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Benwallt(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2023
This will surely be a great news to IPOB and ESN terrorists

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by gigabyte13: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2023
World economic forum indeed....
Lagos wey don dey before Dem form una union na e go disappear abi......
This oyinbo people eeerrhn
They surely knows how to make their own the best and others the worst.
As in Lagos go disappear
πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£
Expensive joke
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Mohisah: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2023
Which of the scientist created the universe? Base on forecast rain suppose no fall again o, but y'day rain fell massively πŸ˜‚
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Fenomenal124(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2023
Disappear go where exactly?

Do well to Contact me for any Crypto trading transactions or any Dollars exchange (any amount)!!
We pay immediately after confirmation and very reliable. You can also visit our Abuja office in kubwa.
Contact us @: D'great Investment and Online Trading Service LTD!!

D'great

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Hotice085: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics

Tinubu has already killed Lagos, let us wait for the oba of Benin to come rescue them
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by OfficialAPCNig: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2023
DomPerignon:
The so-called experts said this will happen by the year 2000.

It didn't.

Now they have pushed their prediction by a hundred years to 2100
Nobody predicted the year 2000 oga.

The prediction has always been in the next 50 years, Lagos (not Lagos) state will sink.

Tinubu was busy sandfilling the ocean without knowing it has consequences.

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by qtx(m): 9:47am On Dec 18, 2023
Scary. Will start selling my props in Lagos right away. grin
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Soukiss(m): 9:47am On Dec 18, 2023
post=127538690]The so-called experts said this will happen by the year 2000.

It didn't.

Now they have pushed their prediction by a hundred years to 2100[/quote]

Hundred years that the know that we cannot see
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by ComNonny: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2023
My sweet lagos
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by OfficialAPCNig: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Dubia will sink before Lagos. The same technology that made cities out of Ocean and Seas to build Dubia cities is still available to fortify Lagos cities.
Making cities out or ocean and climate change are the reasons cities are sinking
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Trophy12: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics
all this one na ogogoro talk.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by seguno2: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:
Indonesia is doing what Nigeria did in the 1980s by moving their capital to a higher ground.

Was the moving of our capital to Abuja due to the potential sinking of Lagos, or due to other factors such as political and geolocation?

Meanwhile, the sinking of Lagos may happen faster than predicted due to the absence of pipe borne water from surface water bodies and obstruction of natural waterways.

Potable water still luxury 23 years after return of democracy

WHILE the Federal Government continues to proliferate the country with dams, it is such an irony that a state like Lagos, with its massive, constant boast of being a megacity, cannot provide its residents, thereby forcing the bulk of them to take solace in the arms of water boreholes.

At regular intervals, the two major waterworks in the state, the Adiyan, and Iju get grounded leading to the non-availability of water. In April and May last year, for instance, they both produce less than 10% of their installed capacity.

As of today, Eti-Osa, Apapa, Victoria Island, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki, Surulere, Ikorodu, Agege, Ojo, Mushin Kosofe, and most locations in the state are without access to clean water. Consequently, millions of residents now rely on boreholes, rivers, rainwater, as well as comprised wells for their water needs.

On its website, the LWC claims that it has a total installed water production capacity of 210 million gallons per day (MGD), which is far lower than the current estimated daily water demand of 540 million gallons per day.

Also, its plan to produce 745 million gallons per day by the year 2020 through the Lagos Water Supply Master Plan fell flat with the actual number of citizens having access to potable water dropping, rather than increasing 11 years after the launch of the master plan.

A senior staff of LWC, who preferred anonymity said that at present, its agency only supplies water to Lekki, parts of Ikoyi, Victoria Island (VI), Ojodu, Iju, and some parts of Ikotun.

https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/potable-water-still-luxury-23-years-after-return-of-democracy/
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by kalemy(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2023
Don't worry guys, before then Jesus don come.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by seguno2: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2023
LegendHero:
Story story.

Trophy12:
all this one na ogogoro talk.

Why do you people sound like how the people of Noah’s world would have sounded when he warned them about the flood
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Omoluabi16(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2023
Validated:
By 2090 my CofO would have expired and I would have earned about 98 years rent from my only property at risk of the supposed sinking city.
haha. I wonder what would happen when all our C of O's expire then. I think Lagos state is projected to expire by 2080? Only God know how our grandchildren/Government of the day will settle the fight.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Rubyjade: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2023
Ladies and gentlemen, I have an apartment for rent in Lekki. Ikota villa estate to be precise. It's a self contain with a balcony. A shared apartment, so you have the option of either using the 3 persons to 1 kitchen or converting your balcony to your kitchen.

The bathroom is made of a bathtub, the cupboard is fixed to the wall and Power supply is almost always constant because it comes with a generator that is almost always fuelled.

I will not be charging agency fee or commission fee because I am not an agent and it's my personal apartment which I got by myself earlier this year.

It's 800k yearly and 150k for service charge yearly which is negotiable.

I am the owner, and my reason for wanting to dispose is because I'd be relocating next year.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by erniok(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics
I disregarded this info when I saw your source was WEF.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Final Year Student Of Oscohtech Died From Accident Today (graphic Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Plane Crash Site, No Casualties (Pictures) / Why Is The Beautification Of Under Bridges In Lagos Taking So Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.