Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 (25049 Views)

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:40am On Dec 18, 2023
The last time I visited Lagos, I told my bro the same thing but he laughed it off. I was convinced of this the first time I visited Lagos Island but let's see. Maybe we will device a new tech to beat nature.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Jayhome24: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

It's already sinking.

That's why you are experiencing flooding for every little rain in Lekki.

There is always consequences for sandfilling natural water ways. Tinubu said he tamed the Atlantic and sensible people laughed at him.

Come to Lagos, Omo Nile has sold off most of the canals. Unless government demolish all those buildings blocking those canals Lagos will sink faster.

Both Yoruba and Igbo properties blocking canals should go down. But it seems Lagos State are busy demolishing Igbo properties

Oh my God pls I beg you never in your life quote me again if you can't understand my statement clearly.

Pls what brought Tinubu into this, do I mentioned Tinubu in my post?

Pls what brought igbo building been pulled down in Lagos into my discussion?

Do I mentioned tribe in my post?

I beg you in the name of God stay clear of my post plss bikonu plss.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by TheOgaBoss: 11:52am On Dec 18, 2023
DomPerignon:
The so-called experts said this will happen by the year 2000.

It didn't.

Now they have pushed their prediction by a hundred years to 2100
where did u read that Lagos will sink by year 2000? any source?
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Nchenches: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics

Could disappear, not must disappear.

Will that stop Igbos from continuing to build in their beloved city - Lagos?
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by PHAYOL81: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Another further date....... By then, we might've gotten a technological know-how to deal with it and permanently save our CITY.

GOD BLESS AND SAVE LAGOS ALWAYS

GOD BLESS AND SAVE ALL YORUBALANDS

GOD BLESS AND SAVE ALL YORUBA INDIGENES
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by stasius: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Many people reading this will not be around by then that is 77 years from now.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by OfficialAPCNig: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2023
Jayhome24:

Oh my God pls I beg you never in your life quote me again if you can't understand my statement clearly.

Pls what brought Tinubu into this, do I mentioned Tinubu in my post?

Pls what brought igbo building been pulled down in Lagos into my discussion?

Do I mentioned tribe in my post?

I beg you in the name of God stay clear of my post plss bikonu plss.
No wonder you voted for foolish government because of your culture of not holding elders accountable.

To answer your questions.

Tinubu sandfilled Atlantic.

Both Igbos and Yorubas are building along water channels.

Lazy yoot that can't read based on context

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Nchenches: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2023
KingKO22:

They know better thing

Who would invest in Igbo land where insecuyis the order of the day

The more insecurity in the SE, the more Lagos lands are occupied by the Igbo.

There are nearly 1000000 personnel in the armed forces of Nigeria. If they allow a few miscreants carrying gun in the SE to prevail, the armed forces of Nigeria are destroying Nigeria as well.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Toneyo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2023
Same you will tell the people from the East to leave Lagos and develop their region. What's the hate about?

DomPerignon:
See how the children of hate and perdition are getting orgasms over this fear P0rn climate change bullshit!

Before Lagos will sink into the Atlantic, their own region will be swallowed by gully erosion .

Jealousy and envy always begets hate and we are seeing it allover this bullshit thread.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Panda7(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
Because these cities are fast degrading to their natural environment and have no basic ecosystem.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by NewDea4: 12:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics

Go to places like Ajegunle (the one before Owode Onirin) and Agboyi, and you'd know Lagos is finished.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by snipernigga(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2023
No problem Igbo people will buy and sand fill the water that will come grin grin grin
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Omoawoke: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
DomPerignon:
See how the children of hate and perdition are getting orgasms over this fear P0rn climate change bullshit!

Before Lagos will sink into the Atlantic, their own region will be swallowed by gully erosion .

Jealousy and envy always begets hate and we are seeing it allover this bullshit thread.

When people are covetous, envious and bitter. They lead frustrated lives and always chasing bad news that will eventually befall them. Thatโ€™s the way of the igbos. They are self destructive, they destroyed their region and all moved to Lagos, now they pray for the fall of that same Lagos where they feed

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Iluvmycontr3: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
And all hav been there in existence since the beginning of time...

Normal speculations ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Epinigirls: 12:38pm On Dec 18, 2023
Please oh
Someone should do another post posting sinking cities that disappeared in the last 30 years
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by dapadawee: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics
story story one done sink before? any sinking is a worldwide sinking together. life go sink the same moment, except you throw bomb inside Lagos. LAGOS STATE STANDS FOREVER
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Jayhome24: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

No wonder you voted for foolish government because of your culture of not holding elders accountable.

To answer your questions.

Tinubu sandfilled Atlantic.

Both Igbos and Yorubas are building along water channels.

Lazy yoot that can't read based on context

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

By the time I will injures you with insults don't call on any OP or rule 2 or rule whatever then ok.

Let your OP be reading the banter you first thrown and by the time I face you and draw ring with you no OP should dare complain.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by DomPerignon: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
Toneyo:
Same you will tell the people from the East to leave Lagos and develop their region. What's the hate about?

And how's that a bad thing ?

Advising someone to focus on their homeland is now hate speech ?
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by DomPerignon: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Nobody predicted the year 2000 oga.

The prediction has always been in the next 50 years, Lagos (not Lagos) state will sink.

Tinubu was busy sandfilling the ocean without knowing it has consequences.

In 1989, A UN Study Predicted That By 2000 Entire Nations Would Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth From Global Warming

โ€œA senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000. Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of โ€˜eco-refugees,โ€™ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.โ€ (Peter James Spielmann, โ€œU.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked,โ€
https://apnews.com/article/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by BitterTruth0001: 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2023
Edusouls:
donโ€™t go and get a life poor ronu boy, stay and be wailing Igbo and down,tribe wey Dey progress massively on their own. Igbos are gradually leaving Lagos letโ€™s see how it would be in their absence

Lol Iโ€™m Igbo brother . Check my posts
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by DomPerignon: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
where did u read that Lagos will sink by year 2000? any source?
1989 AP article
https://apnews.com/article/bd45c372caf118ec99964ea547880cd0

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Edusouls(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
BitterTruth0001:

Lol Iโ€™m Igbo brother . Check my posts
ok itโ€™s the happening tribe now in the whole west Africa
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by OfficialAPCNig: 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2023
Jayhome24:

By the time I will injures you with insults don't call on any OP or rule 2 or rule whatever then ok.

Let your OP be reading the banter you first thrown and by the time I face you and draw ring with you no OP should dare complain.
Injure who with banter?

You no reach. I'll just ignore if I don't have your time. No time for negative energy.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by brightleave(m): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2023
BitterTruth0001:
Maybe this will finally scare my Igbo brothers to stop investing massively in Lagos.
Dem no dey hear word
maybe lipsrsealed if nairaland go dey stable. Maybe
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Gangster1ms: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
DomPerignon:

See as it's paining you that igbos are being advised to invest in their own lands. You're the jealous and evil one here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / A Final Year Student Of Oscohtech Died From Accident Today (graphic Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Plane Crash Site, No Casualties (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.