Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 (25050 Views)

Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by seguno2: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2023
kalemy:
Don't worry guys, before then Jesus don come.

Yeah right.
That’s why the oyinbos who brought Jesus to us are busy working on making their communities better and avoid the predicted sinking of their cities.
Why are you so smart
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by oluwaseyi0: 9:54am On Dec 18, 2023
KingKO22:

They know better thing

Who would invest in Igbo land where insecuyis the order of the day

What will you now say of the North

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Lastmankc(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Lagos is a overhype slum
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by RevenuesBoost(f): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2023
100 years is a long time to readdress the issue.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Omoluabi16(m): 9:57am On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Nobody predicted the year 2000 oga.

The prediction has always been in the next 50 years, Lagos (not Lagos) state will sink.

Tinubu was busy sandfilling the ocean without knowing it has consequences.
technology will always come to mankind's rescue. The advancement in 80years time will be something we can't imagine now. Tell people of the 1940's what were toying with now, they'd have called you crazy .
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Trophy12: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2023
seguno2:

Why do you people sound like how the people of Noah’s world would have sounded when he warned them about the flood
. The day u will discover u don't have sense that's the day u will be alright grin
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Lovedoit: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2023
Dey play
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by louken(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2023
DomPerignon:
The so-called experts said this will happen by the year 2000.

It didn't.

Now they have pushed their prediction by a hundred years to 2100

Black man's mentality.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by omoyeni37: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2023
tollyboy5:
One olobe up there dey write "story story", on the other day someone said nigeria was not suppose to attend anything involving climate change. Religious people read their books and come up with this theory of keep multiplying as if we still live in 3000 BC.
Some countries are encouraging more reproduction and you think its for your own good? Nope! its for selfish interest, so when there is war there will be more men to die on the battle field.

When you plan on having children use your senses, be it man of God or man of Satan. When you build your houses have at least a tree planted in your compound.

Try to move towards greener energy. If you like do otherwise grin, the arctic region will melt due to expanding population and destroying of the atmosphere protecting us.

Those western countries producing all kinds of bomb and industry will surely have their share from what they majorly caused. grin
The world will be different cities on large ships attacking each other. because no Land again and water has covered every face of the earth.
After millions die out, many years passed with this present world turning to Atlantis myth. New land might spring up somewhere with survivors going to start a new Adam and Eve lineage in small forest grin grin grin grin grin
The TV series, the 100 comes to mind😊
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Justiceleague1: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2023
LegendHero:
Story story.
Ahhh..we don't know o..but we do know that Lagos saved you people from "cocoyam leaves"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Jayhome24: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2023
Sink to where? Another annoying submission by the World troublers.

May be na their city go sink but no where in my country, Nigeria will sink, God forbid.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Jonjam269: 10:18am On Dec 18, 2023
Obirodents and senseless comments/topics are like siamese twins. Losers
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by OfficialAPCNig: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2023
Omoluabi16:
technology will always come to mankind's rescue. The advancement in 80years time will be something we can't imagine now. Tell people of the 1940's what were toying with now, they'd have called you crazy .
Ok.

California with a GDP that's 9X the size of Nigeria GDP is sinking because people are pulling unsustainable amount of water out of underground aquifers for food production.

Lagos is sinking because Lagosians are filling the ocean, causing water table to rise.

Can technology create artificial water?

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2023
eko oni baje
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by OfficialAPCNig: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2023
Jayhome24:
Sink to where? Another annoying submission by the World troublers.

May be na their city go sink but no where in my country, Nigeria will sink, God forbid.
It's already sinking.

That's why you are experiencing flooding for every little rain in Lekki.

There is always consequences for sandfilling natural water ways. Tinubu said he tamed the Atlantic and sensible people laughed at him.

Come to Lagos, Omo Nile has sold off most of the canals. Unless government demolish all those buildings blocking those canals Lagos will sink faster.

Both Yoruba and Igbo properties blocking canals should go down. But it seems Lagos State are busy demolishing Igbo properties

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Sirtee19: 10:45am On Dec 18, 2023
They won't sink, but would have become and stand as a new country of their own.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by windvane(m): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2023
Armaggedon:
Jakarta has sunk. Indonesia has already found a new capital.

If you follow the flooding in Lagos you'll see it's getting more intense as years go by.
when they mean Lagos,I believe they meant Lagos island ...most path of the mainland are on a hill
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by onyxo76(m): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2023
wetin be my own, i no go dey alive by then anyway
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by koning: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2023
Jokerman:
Lol... Island maybe... Not mainland

Island of course. Lagos island is very fragile.

One Tsunami and the entire Banana island and parts of Ikoyi will be wiped out.

Lagos state should consult Amsterdam now to study how to secure a recovered land. The whole of Amsterdam is built on water.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by caye(m): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2023
wolesmile:
Where is Righteousness2 to preach his end time gospel? Abi this obe no be sign of end times too?
Dat guy...in fact, his brain has been fried by Western religion propaganda.

Anything relating to Afrika, he has no say.
Except Isrhell and Amerikkkan.

Hypocrite.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Countersam(m): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2023
horsepower102:

World of Statistics

The last report I read said 2050 and it's now predicted to be in 2100. Anyway the truth is something bad will definitely happen in the future.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by caye(m): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2023
Omoluabi16:

I beg to differ.

Pre-history and archaeological excavations prove that no technologies is immune from the anger of Mother Earth 🌍, when the time comes.

I hope you can survive 10 tsunamis operating at same time, including earthquakes.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by 1TrippleCee: 11:01am On Dec 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Dubai will sink before Lagos. The same technology that made cities out of Ocean and Seas to build Dubai cities is still available to fortify Lagos cities.

No one can make cities out of oceans sea. Out of desert, yes, ocean, never. The pressure from moving water is not a joke
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by caye(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2023
Oh. World economic forum!
Ah. Those ones are devils.
They like predicting evils only. Useless satanists, who always think of making AFRIKANS poorer and enslaved.

We will prosper, while they will decay and die, Amin.
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Menclothing: 11:11am On Dec 18, 2023
This are the most popular cities and over populated cities of the world listed here
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by SuperOnyi: 11:16am On Dec 18, 2023
tollyboy5:
One olobe up there dey write "story story", on the other day someone said nigeria was not suppose to attend anything involving climate change. Religious people read their books and come up with this theory of keep multiplying as if we still live in 3000 BC.
Some countries are encouraging more reproduction and you think its for your own good? Nope! its for selfish interest, so when there is war there will be more men to die on the battle field.

When you plan on having children use your senses, be it man of God or man of Satan. When you build your houses have at least a tree planted in your compound.

Try to move towards greener energy. If you like do otherwise grin, the arctic region will melt due to expanding population and destroying of the atmosphere protecting us.

Those western countries producing all kinds of bomb and industry will surely have their share from what they majorly caused. grin
The world will be different cities on large ships attacking each other. because no Land again and water has covered every face of the earth.
After millions die out, many years passed with this present world turning to Atlantis myth. New land might spring up somewhere with survivors going to start a new Adam and Eve lineage in small forest grin grin grin grin grin

shocked

Something keeps telling me that this is similar to what happens on Earth during a certain period of time... Maybe, this is the "writer's" way of protecting his creation because since we have free will, his creation could become a wasteland forever if he did nothing.

This article further proves that there are many ancient civilization at the bottom of the ocean today. We earthlings think we're somehow special...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by oladunjoye77u: 11:18am On Dec 18, 2023
By 2090 my CofO would have expired and I would have earned about 98 years rent from my only property at risk of the supposed sinking city.By 2090 my CofO would have expired and I would have earned about 98 years rent from my only property at risk of the supposed sinking city....
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by Jlyc04: 11:19am On Dec 18, 2023
[quote author=KingKO22 post=127538738]

They know better thing

Who would invest in Igbo land where insecuyis the order of the day

grin
You dey correct my brother
Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by FreeStuffsNG: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2023
Validated:
By 2090 my CofO would have expired and I would have earned about 98 years rent from my only property at risk of the supposed sinking city.
Yinmu.

Your aniyan alone has made you lose that property too soon.

You get same thing you wish from the land. Curse it, it curses you, bless it , it blesses you.

Your thoughts towards the land is evil so you will lose that single property on Lagos soil. You lost the property because of your evil thoughts towards the land and it withdrew what it blessed you with.

1 Like

Re: Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 by ClearFlair: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2023
DomPerignon:
The so-called experts said this will happen by the year 2000.

It didn't.

Now they have pushed their prediction by a hundred years to 2100

Post the link where the "experts" said it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Final Year Student Of Oscohtech Died From Accident Today (graphic Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Plane Crash Site, No Casualties (Pictures) / Why Is The Beautification Of Under Bridges In Lagos Taking So Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.