Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID (17024 Views)

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by omowolewa: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Finishing, Safety and Standards. If Nigeria can get these right

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by SmartyPants(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
They even used a cellotape as a plaster. Nigeria My country

That's transparent plaster my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by waveman2: 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lagos builders always using quacks for professional work.I known an architect never designed that pool.The pools seems to be a standard size pool which should have a minimum depth of 2m.But that is not the case in lagos.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by cutedharmee: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
See what ignorance has done to u. If you don't have idea of something its good you calm down and learn from people that knows. Stop bringing yourself out my friend. That's a white plaster, some people's skin react to the normal plaster we all use to know reason why dis is someaw preferred. I hope Lagos state govt act fast on dis before another casualty is recorded.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by HighTable(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
There is not a near death experience (NDE) na, use Google and you will understand it's not something to take lightly for most people.
This is mostly an avoidable accident in the "wrongest" of places, a park !! Where you pay money to injure yourself !!
This are the sort of things and news fueling JAPA

2 Likes

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

Don't be foolish, there are transparent tapes too serving same function as plaster

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by appini: 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2023
There are some activities that I will never embark on in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by oweniwe(m): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
Talk2sukky:
Your daughter warned you. Despite the warning you still went ahead with the slide

That's women for you.

You go warn them, den no go hear word, after experiencing tough times when will come out to lament and blame other people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by XAUBulls: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
thisweekng:
In a chilling account, a woman shared her harrowing near-death experience at the newly-opened Giwa Gardens Water Park & Resort in Lagos, shedding light on alarming safety concerns.

The incident unfolded during a family outing at Giwa Gardens, as the lady detailed, “This morning I went to Giwa Gardens Water Park & Resort with my family to have fun, and it did not end well.” What was supposed to be a day of enjoyment turned into a nightmare due to perceived safety lapses.

Describing the perilous conditions, she expressed concern about the inadequacy of pool depths for the water park’s long slides. Her daughter’s head collided with the pool tiles after a slide, prompting a warning that went unheeded. She recounted, “My daughter hit her head when she went on it and came back to tell me I shouldn’t go.”

Despite the cautionary tale from her daughter, the woman decided to experience the slide herself. Unfortunately, her encounter with the waterpark’s slide resulted in a direct impact of her forehead on the pool tiles, causing significant injury. She compared this incident to her previous visits to water parks worldwide, noting the absence of rubber padding in Giwa Gardens’ pools.

The first aid response to the injuries further added to the distress. “The staff did not even see it as a big deal!! It took them almost 15 minutes before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse. The first aid service is wack!!! No good plaster is available!” she lamented, highlighting the inadequate medical assistance provided.

In an effort to prevent further incidents, the lady promptly informed the park’s management about the dangers posed by the slides. However, her plea for action seemed to fall on deaf ears. “I informed the management immediately that the slides should be closed, up until I left it wasn’t closed!!!” she exclaimed.

The urgency of the matter led her to call upon the relevant authorities, tagging the Lagos State Government in her social media posts. In a plea directed at both the government and potential visitors, she cautioned, “@lagosstategovt Please go to @giwagardens and do the necessary quality control check before they kill people. Go to @giwagardens at your own risk.”

This alarming incident serves as a wake-up call for both regulatory bodies and the public, emphasizing the need for stringent safety measures and quality checks at recreational facilities.

This morning I went to @giwagardens @keji_giwa with my family to have fun and it did not end well
The pools are too shallow for the long slides,my daughter hit her head when she went on it and came back to tell me I shouldn’t go…I thought she was exaggerating,I went on the slide and hit my forehead head on the tiles in the pool ,I have been to at least 5 water parks in different countries,there is always a rubber laid in all the pools,my head hit the tiles directly and my lips caught into two.
The first accident I had was at the river,I tumbled in the tube and the back of my head hit the tiles,I left immediately with my daughter not knowing a bigger one was coming…
The staff did not even see it as a big deal!!
It took them almost 15mins before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse.
The first aid service is wack!!!
No good plaster available!
Am not here looking for attention,I am just trying to save another victim from this disaster.
@lagosstategovt
@lagosstategovt
@lagosstategovt
Please go to @giwagardens and do the necessary quality control check before they k## people.
Go to @giwagardens at your own risk
I informed the management immediately that the slides should be closed,up until I left it wasn’t closed!!!

https://thisweekng.com/lady-recounts-her-near-death-experience-at-a-newly-opened-waterpark-in-lagos-video/
Gosh! Her upper lip got split... The regulatory authority in Lagos State must step in NOW to avert further injuries to funseekers.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by alt3r3g0: 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
In a civilized society the woman don hammer from the lawsuite that will follow.

That's why their safety standards are a lot higher.

In naija, she can sue and the company drag the case till eternity
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Adewale1603(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Na happiness or over joyful dey kill person, na people wey belle full and dey financially okay dey seek for vacation and funs all about.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by youngrichnigga: 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2023
When every aspect of our lives have been taken over by nepotism, favouritism and lack of professionalism; why will a park license not be issued to a businessman who has no moral or safety ethics just because he has money and is connected in the high places. The LASG need to urgently close down the park and do a wholesome review of the already issued licenses on safety compliance and meeting all regulations. The beaches should also be gazetted in the exercise angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by potland: 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Disobedient mummy despite your child warning you still went there thank God it is not a serious accident
get out. Useless tinubu asslicker
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Cooleasy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2023
NDE?
Oops!
Came into the thread but didn't find any NDE undecided
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by spartachico(m): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
Imagine a newly opened water park and it's already having safety problems, all these people should learn to use good and original materials for God sake
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
potland:
get out. Useless tinubu asslicker
Useless Ossuu u Piggss
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
They intended to cellotape her mouth.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Westerhoffe(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
Above all, that's why you should never ignore children when they make some comments.

Listen to your children.

If you had listened to her, you'd not have had a torn lip.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by themanderon: 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
The hypocritical Lagos state government will not do something about this now till someone breaks his skull into pieces and then they will come with their puerile condolences.
This is a disaster waiting to happen. We never seem to pay attention to safety till its too late.
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by zolajpower: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2023
thisweekng:
In a chilling account, a woman shared her harrowing near-death experience at the newly-opened Giwa Gardens Water Park & Resort in Lagos, shedding light on alarming safety concerns.

The incident unfolded during a family outing at Giwa Gardens, as the lady detailed, “This morning I went to Giwa Gardens Water Park & Resort with my family to have fun, and it did not end well.” What was supposed to be a day of enjoyment turned into a nightmare due to perceived safety lapses.

Describing the perilous conditions, she expressed concern about the inadequacy of pool depths for the water park’s long slides. Her daughter’s head collided with the pool tiles after a slide, prompting a warning that went unheeded. She recounted, “My daughter hit her head when she went on it and came back to tell me I shouldn’t go.”

Despite the cautionary tale from her daughter, the woman decided to experience the slide herself. Unfortunately, her encounter with the waterpark’s slide resulted in a direct impact of her forehead on the pool tiles, causing significant injury. She compared this incident to her previous visits to water parks worldwide, noting the absence of rubber padding in Giwa Gardens’ pools.

The first aid response to the injuries further added to the distress. “The staff did not even see it as a big deal!! It took them almost 15 minutes before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse. The first aid service is wack!!! No good plaster is available!” she lamented, highlighting the inadequate medical assistance provided.

In an effort to prevent further incidents, the lady promptly informed the park’s management about the dangers posed by the slides. However, her plea for action seemed to fall on deaf ears. “I informed the management immediately that the slides should be closed, up until I left it wasn’t closed!!!” she exclaimed.

The urgency of the matter led her to call upon the relevant authorities, tagging the Lagos State Government in her social media posts. In a plea directed at both the government and potential visitors, she cautioned, “@lagosstategovt Please go to @giwagardens and do the necessary quality control check before they kill people. Go to @giwagardens at your own risk.”

This alarming incident serves as a wake-up call for both regulatory bodies and the public, emphasizing the need for stringent safety measures and quality checks at recreational facilities.

This morning I went to @giwagardens @keji_giwa with my family to have fun and it did not end well
The pools are too shallow for the long slides,my daughter hit her head when she went on it and came back to tell me I shouldn’t go…I thought she was exaggerating,I went on the slide and hit my forehead head on the tiles in the pool ,I have been to at least 5 water parks in different countries,there is always a rubber laid in all the pools,my head hit the tiles directly and my lips caught into two.
The first accident I had was at the river,I tumbled in the tube and the back of my head hit the tiles,I left immediately with my daughter not knowing a bigger one was coming…
The staff did not even see it as a big deal!!
It took them almost 15mins before I saw one who took me casually to the nurse.
The first aid service is wack!!!
No good plaster available!
Am not here looking for attention,I am just trying to save another victim from this disaster.
@lagosstategovt
@lagosstategovt
@lagosstategovt
Please go to @giwagardens and do the necessary quality control check before they k## people.
Go to @giwagardens at your own risk
I informed the management immediately that the slides should be closed,up until I left it wasn’t closed!!!

https://thisweekng.com/lady-recounts-her-near-death-experience-at-a-newly-opened-waterpark-in-lagos-video/
Omg ! And I paid 19,500k for me and my child 😲🙄🥺 25 is the day . I am not going again what I ve as my account balance is more than 39k
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2023
Big wahala for KEJI....
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by Tomtom111: 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Manny21:
You should have listen to your daughter. Singing "parents listen to your children, we are leaders of tomorrow."

😁😇
Re: Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID by ComeToJesus: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
Next time, if trailer jam person, go and verify if trailer dey jam person. Stand in front of trailer.

What if you got kilked. Your daughter's experience is enough for you to raise safety concerns.

Did you expect that the shallow pool will immediately acquire depth because you were diving in?

Lagos State Safety Commission take note. Don't just sit in the office and collect salaries and bribes. I wonder why you are not involved in the regulation of the operations of public places that are prone to hazards like this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From The Lagos Countdown Concert 2012 / Summer Bbq Was A Success! / 40 Persons To Wed At Salvation Ministries, Port Harcourt, Same Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.