Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party (34530 Views)

Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID / My Experience At A Wedding Ceremony / My Experience At A Church Member Mom's Burial Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Supreme145(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2022
A close friend of mine invited me to a birthday party he threw for his girlfriend a couple of days ago. I initially declined the invitation but reluctantly agreed when the girl called me personally and pleaded with me to show up.

When it was time to get ready for the party, a peep into my wardrobe reminded me that I had no outing cloths. I hadn't gotten a new cloth for over 4 years. My sapa induced introverted nature somehow masked my need for new stuffs because I hardly go out. A sad reality hit me hard in the face... My two jeans and three tee shirts were badly worn out, no shoes either.

I shaa dressed up and left for the party. I immediately regretted my decision of honouring that invitation immediately I stepped into the venue. I looked so out of place... Guys were all dressed up in nice cloths and latest gadgets, I normally don't let those kinda stuffs bother me but I felt terrible that night.

I sat at a corner observing things till my friend's girlfriend came and yanked me off my seat to take pictures with some of her friends. A friend of hers used an iPhone with three cameras at the back to take the pictures, didn't know the model since both 12 and 13 looks similar.

I went and sat back at my corner till the photo guy came and offered to transfer some of the pictures to me... I hesitated because I knew I didn't want to see the pictures but the guy was persuasive so I gave in. If only I knew the embarrassment that was lying in wait for me.

We proceeded to connect to xender, that was when my antiquated camon CX air that I've been using since 2017 decided to show himself. My phone kept rebooting on its own endlessly till the guy got fed up and left. I was super embarrassed.

My friend still came today to transfer the same pictures to me but I objected vehemently because I looked miserable in all the pictures.
I codedly observed guys in my compound dressed up for church and Sunday outings and came to the conclusion that sapa has been my best friend for a really long while.

HAPPY SUNDAY

394 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by squash47(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2022
I can relate. It's not only SAPA that does these things to people Sha, sometimes it's a product of high isolation.
Most times, we need to move out and mix up with people....

511 Likes 37 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lmao..
my guy u for no just go..

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by capetownboyz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Keep ur head up .. better days ahead .

278 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by 15thAccount: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2022
Better days ahead bro. One thing I’ll say is don’t feel inferior because of clothes and gadgets.

I buried myself in a cave for most of my life due to Sapa, I didn’t go out, no one invited me to events and I wouldn’t have honored any because I felt I wasn’t good enough.

There are people with a lot less than what you have currently but they give out so much positive energy and are genuinely happy. I envy these guys, you’ll see the way they laugh and crack jokes and think they have everything good in the world.

You even get android, I almost don’t have any picture from the past 9 years, since it was the small “palasa” phones I kept managing.

I won’t lie nice clothes and gadgets are useful and are nice to have but don’t disconnect from everyone because you feel inferior. Even when money comes, the damage you’ll do to your mental health now might not be easy to fix.

Stay positive while you grind bro. Better days ahead.

657 Likes 58 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by gaby(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lol...

Thanks for making me laugh so hard this afternoon....

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Herthad3: 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Sekoni003(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2022
Your post reeks of inferiority complex. If you already see yourself as a loser then that energy influences your life. Get your shit together and stop feeling sorry for yourself. The life you want for yourself is within your reach if only you'd dig deep and push yourself. Best of luck

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Supreme145(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2022
Sekoni003:
Your post reeks of inferiority complex. If you already see yourself as a loser then that energy influences your life. Get your shit together and stop feeling sorry for yourself. The life you want for yourself is within your reach if only you'd dig deep and push yourself. Best of luck
Lamao... I don't have any inferiority complex, I never noticed all those till I went for the party. On a norms those stuffs don't really bother me

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by AndroidAI(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
When I pull up with my car, i dont care if i'm wearing a pyjamas, i will always steal the show. Men wey get doings grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nyascobar1414: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Op is an Introvert..
Sapa make some people Introverts shaa....

Live the life...
Me I dont like big gatherings and all that.. I just like my space and small circle of friends.. Thats all..

Better days ahead bro...
Once again, Live the life!

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Blupen(m): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
Sapa make me an introvert too

13 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by HltSong: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
Op is an Introvert..

Sapa make some people Introverts shaa....

Live the life...

Me I dont like big gatherings and all that..
I just like my space and small circle of friends..
Thats all..

Better days ahead bro...

Once again, Live the life!

No one can even invite you anywhere before you disgrace them. Homo.

5 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
miserable people (like the OP) will never find happiness because they value their life upon what others have. if you truly believe that having a latest phone and fancy gear is what makes you a great person, then you sir need to wake up quick!

here is a simple clue: even if you had an Iphone 13 and wore the fanciest attire, you would still be a miserable person looking down on yourself when you now see dude arriving in Bentley and Rolls Royce....and even when you have a Rolls Royce, you would still be miserable looking down on yourself because some dude would arrive in private jets!

better work on your self esteem and insecurity, as you can never win by blaming others for your insecurities!

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by sultaan(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
For those not versed new lingo, what is sapa?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by IamtheTruth1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2022
Perfect Explanation for " if skin no full, comot body"

3 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Duchessree(f): 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2022
OP don't worry there are better days ahead grin grin grin
Try to work on your self esteem, remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
Somebody close to op should give him a hug please

23 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by nairalanderr: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ficient:
I swr. and me too.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Tokskob2008: 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2022
Na person wey wear shoe no where e dey pain am... I can relate with all op wrote 100% but my guy no let am get to you too much, just chin up and stay positive. As long as there's life there's hope and even all those people you see with the best clothes and gadgets still have one or two demons they are fighting.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by chival(f): 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2022
Supreme145:
A close friend of mine invited me to a birthday party he threw for his girlfriend a couple of days ago. I initially declined the invitation but reluctantly agreed when the girl called me personally and pleaded with me to show up.

When it was time to get ready for the party, a peep into my wardrobe reminded me that I had no outing cloths. I hadn't gotten a new cloth for over 4 years. My sapa induced introverted nature somehow masked my need for new stuffs because I hardly go out. A sad reality hit me hard in the face... My two jeans and three tee shirts were badly worn out, no shoes either.

I shaa dressed up and left for the party. I immediately regretted my decision of honouring that invitation immediately I stepped into the venue. I looked so out of place... Guys were all dressed up in nice cloths and latest gadgets, I normally don't let those kinda stuffs bother me but I felt terrible that night.

I sat at a corner observing things till my friend's girlfriend came and yanked me off my seat to take pictures with some of her friends. A friend of hers used an iPhone with three cameras at the back to take the pictures, didn't know the model since both 12 and 13 looks similar.

I went and sat back at my corner till the photo guy came and offered to transfer some of the pictures to me... I hesitated because I knew I didn't want to see the pictures but the guy was persuasive so I gave in. If only I knew the embarrassment that was lying in wait for me.

We proceeded to connect to xender, that was when my antiquated camon CX air that I've been using since 2017 decided to show himself. My phone kept rebooting on its own endlessly till the guy got fed up and left. I was super embarrassed.

My friend still came today to transfer the same pictures to me but I objected vehemently because I looked miserable in all the pictures.
I codedly observed guys in my compound dressed up for church and Sunday outings and came to the conclusion that sapa has been my best friend for a really long while.

HAPPY SUNDAY

May God bless you and elevate you. May He cause you to be celebrated. I pray you experience an about turn in your circumstances. Jabez prayed and God answered, and so I pray today, unprecedented success shall be yours. God will wipe your shame and clothe you with honour in Jesus name. Amen.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by chival(f): 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
Ficient:
His story moved me.

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by anochuko01(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
Sekoni003:
Your post reeks of inferiority complex

Have small empathy abeg.
You have no idea what man is going through.

18 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by NnamdiN: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
This is sad and funny at the same time. grin
Despise not thy days of little beginnings. E go soft one of these days baba. No think am too much maka high .blood pressure. You're not late, it's not just your turn yet.....

15 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by anochuko01(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
miserable people (like the OP) will never find happiness because they value their life upon what others have. if you truly believe that having a latest phone and fancy gear is what makes you a great person, then you sir need to wake up quick!

here is a simple clue: even if you had an Iphone 13 and wore the fanciest attire, you would still be a miserable person looking down on yourself when you now see dude arriving in Bentley and Rolls Royce....and even when you have a Rolls Royce, you would still be miserable looking down on yourself because some dude would arrive in private jets!

better work on your self esteem and insecurity, as you can never win by blaming others for your insecurities!

Y'all should stfu!
Firstly, there's no single sign of empathy in your long epistle, and that's a huge red flag.

Secondly, there's absolutely no way you'll always be 100% confident or happy when things aren't going your way. There'll always be moments when you question and doubt yourself, and today is one of those days for the OP.

Many of you don't have good sense of judgement, just quick to talk and reply. All the guy needs are real words of encouragement, and not all these text book motivation.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Divay22(f): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
Just be contented dude..
Even the people you envy so much have their own issues....
You're fighting with something much more than clothes, shoes and gadgets. Because when you finally have them and you dress up, you'll still feel like it doesn't fit and you don't belong...
Just let go of your inferiority complex..

3 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Jayoungika: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2022
I can relate 100%.. Life no just balance and it's just unfair to some of us.. We've ghat no option than to keep pushing and hoping for the best.. Na person wey give up Bleep up.

8 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2022
anochuko01:
Y'all should stfu!
Firstly, there's no single sign of empathy in your long epistle, and that's a huge red flag.

i am not here to have empathy, i am here to give you my HONEST OPINION..you can take it or you can take it. choice is yours as it wont change my opinion on the issue.

Secondly, there's absolutely no way you'll always be 100% confident or happy when things aren't going your way. There'll always be moments when you question and doubt yourself, and today is one of those days for the OP.

it doesnt matter whether someone doubt themselves or not in life....when your whole focus in life is what others possess, then you will never truly be free. why would anyone give a flying fukc what other people have? live your life to the best of your abilities and be done with the misery. how can you ever be happy in life when you focus on people having more than you?!?!

Many of you don't have good sense of judgement, just quick to talk and reply. All the guy needs are real words of encouragement, and not all these text book motivation.

i cant encourage anyone that is focussing on other people....but what i can do is make them understand what is wrong with their stand on life. the minute they stop focussing on other people and their possessions, thats when they will live a better life.
thats MY opinion, and again, you can take it or you can take it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Starwriters: 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2022
What is sapa please?

3 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Blake755: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2022
Keep grinding
Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
Supreme145:

HAPPY SUNDAY

The big question is; what are you doing Right now? Are you making any moves to level up? undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by Gandollaar(f): 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
chival:

May God bless you and elevate you. May He cause you to be celebrated. I pray you experience an about turn in your circumstances. Jabez prayed and God answered, and so I pray today, unprecedented success shall be yours. God will wipe your shame and clothe you with honour in Jesus name. Amen.
Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does One Ileya Ram Cost In Your Area? / Man Buried In Airplane Casket In Calabar (Photos) / Skate Wedding Gone Wrong: Groom Falls On Bride While Trying To Skate With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.