Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back (2296 Views)

Nigerian Lady Engaged By Her Facebook Lover: "Facebook Paid Me Off" / Man Catches His Girlfriend With Another Guy In Delta Hotel Room He Paid For / Man Reveals How A Guy He Helped Pay Fees Just Dashed Him 2plot Of Land Yrs After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Peter532: 8:30am On Dec 18, 2023
I don't know if I should be angry about this.

Imagine someone I considered a friend and helped him with 10k last month so he can travel back home. He finally came yesterday and met me broke, I was really broke..wanted to buy me drink and I insist I would rather have the fund to subscribe data. (I guess he thought I would have declined) he removed 1k from his pocket and told me to give him #500 naira change.

It was already late no pos around to atleast help me sub from their machine..
He wants us to go around to change it but I couldn't,, they were streetlight allover and I wasnt ready to be seen in thee street that evening.
Which he knows I am a secretive person
I had to give him back to my surprise he took it from me.

i really didn't think about it but later that night it dawned on me that this was someone I gave 10k free of charge last month and I have also done huge monetary favours for... common for him to say I can have the 1k he couldn't.

I don't know if I am a fool
I am so angry thinking about it because I know if it was me I would have tell him to have it.

I feel like to call him this morning and let him know that he really fûcked up because I hate keeping things in mind.
Or

I should just lock up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Starboytwo(m): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2023
You are not a fool. It is what it is.

9 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Kingosytex(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2023
Street no get memory, expecting everyone to have you kind of heart is just an illusion.
You have learnt your lessons, he must need your help some other time and you will be in a better position of paying him with x10 the evil.
Many are just so selfish and self centered.

10 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by ojun50(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2023
People are like that oooh, that is why i don't do friends any more.

Just tell him yr mind and move on

1 Like

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Danlax(f): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2023
Next time.. Limit Ur help cuz street ain't got no memory 📌

You're not a fool but they see people with good heart as fools...

Just let it slide ✌️

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by BigDickProblems: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2023
I know about 3 people I lent money this year hoping that they will pay back the day they promised. Guess what......they never paid back. It's almost the end of the year and I don't intend to ask them for the money again. I have only learnt my lesson.

This year taught me that people can be very wicked. Be there for your family, f***CK anyone called friends.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by ikeno(m): 8:50am On Dec 18, 2023
Don't know the kind of friendship you have with him but that kind of person is not worth keeping as a friend.

6 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Fahvvy: 8:50am On Dec 18, 2023
You're not a fool OP undecided...
You're just naive and your head isn't in the right place undecided...

You think because you gave him 10k that means he should give you back the 10k? undecided...

Do you know whether that 1k was his last card? undecided...

Omorrrr...
If you're giving a person money just so that you get back the money later in future, you're not really "giving him free money", you're only "borrowing" the money undecided...

Next time, state your terms clearly, so they know that they'll have to refund the money back to you in future undecided...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Peter532: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2023
Fahvvy:

You think because you gave him 10k that means he should give you back the 10k? undecided...

Omorrrr...
If you're giving a person money just so that you get back the money later in future, you're not really "giving him free money", you're only "borrowing" the money undecided...

Next time, state your terms clearly, so they know that they'll have to refund the money back to you in future undecided...
your a fool for saying this.

I have never given money to close friends and expect them to pay when I know it's dashed out. Because it was never a loan.

I was surprised about yesterday drama because I didn't expect that from him.
We are close.

I believe in if I do you a favor you get to reciprocate it back one way or another even if it's small... not necessarily monetary benefit.

That's what friendship is supposed to be

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Fahvvy: 9:09am On Dec 18, 2023
Peter532:

I have never given money to friends and expect them to pay when I know it's dashed.

I guess I touched a spot right? @bolded grin...
Don't worry eh, you'll be fine cheesy...
And besides, the explanation isn't necessary grin

Either ways undecided...

If you're pained or in your own words "surprised" by that happenings then it's proof you had expectations that just because you did xyz for him in the past means he should do xyz for you undecided...

Now there's absolutely nothing wrong having such expectations, we're human after all - but having those expectations makes you naive because that only works that way in your head undecided...

So next time you want to give, do so without expectations and be sure to plan for rainy days such as this undecided...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Sangoamadioha1: 9:13am On Dec 18, 2023
Peter532:

I have never given money to friends and expect them to pay when I know it's dashed.

I believe in if I do you a favor you get to reciprocate it back one way or another even if it's small.

What we don't know is if that 1k is his last card and being that he is your friend he is ready to divide the money into equal halves, even if he already had plans for the full 1k. Try reason am from that angle.
Sometimes the help we give would be repaid by another person or situation and not necessarily the person you helped.
If you help because of God, even if you are betrayed you know God will help you.

8 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Peter532: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2023
Fahvvy:

Either ways undecided...

If you're pained or in your own words "surprised" by that happenings then it's proof you had expectations that just because you did xyz for him in the past means he should do xyz for you undecided...

Now there's absolutely nothing wrong having such expectations, we're human after all - but having those expectations makes you naive because that only works that way in your head undecided...

So next time you want to give, do so without expectations and be sure to plan for rainy days such as this undecided...

7 emojis just to make a point?

How old are you? 11?

Gosh..no more response kid.
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Peter532: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

What we don't know is if that 1k is his last card and being that he is your friend he is ready to divide the money into equal halves, even if he already had plans for the full 1k. Try reason am from that angle.
Sometimes the help we give would be repaid by another person or situation and not necessarily the person you helped.
If you help because of God, even if you are betrayed you know God will help you.

You know why I am pained even if it's my last card I would have told him to have it.
Since they was no way we could split in half

Because I believe we were very close.

I know I can sacrifice that for him
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Offpointng: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2023
I kinda feel everyone get to learn this particular lesson in life. Going out of ur way to help ur friend and they in return wouldn't move a foot for you.

I chop my own last year. Peter532 it's ur own turn this year grin but still on still u gaz confirm if that 1k wasn't his last

3 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Lance008(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2023
Bro no lock up
Tell am straight
Na crase Dey worry am
Stop being nice to him

5 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Peter532: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2023
Lance008:
Bro no lock up
Tell am straight
Na crase Dey worry am
Stop being nice to him
Believe me I have

4 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Sangoamadioha1: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2023
Peter532:

You know why I am pained even if it's my last card I would have told him to have it.
Since they was no way we could split in half

Because I believe we were very close.

I know I can sacrifice that for him

Like i said, that good you did for him might be repaid by another person or situation. The most important thing is you did your own part. Conversely, if that your friend was being deliberately wicked then he too should expect betrayal from someone or situation.
You, just lock up and continue helping if you are in a position to help.
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Fahvvy: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2023
Peter532:

7 emojis just to make a point?

Are old are you? 11?

Gosh..no more response kid.

Lol grin...
So it's no more about the point I'm making, to you it's about how I made them grin...
Tis well o grin...

But atleast an 11 year old is wise enough to know that just because you do xyz for someone doesn't mean that the same individual will do it back for you grin...

An 11 year old knows that there's a marked difference between "giving" and "borrowing" cheesy...

If this is something that an "elder" like you don't know at your age, doesn't that mean you're even more daft than an 11 year old? grin...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by seanwilliam(m): 10:27am On Dec 18, 2023
I understand how you feel.
You’ve learnt your lesson , give only what you can let go and never expect anything in return
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Namaster: 10:37am On Dec 18, 2023
Peter532:

I have never given money to close friends and expect them to pay when I know it's dashed out. Because it was never a loan.

We are close.

I believe in if I do you a favor you get to reciprocate it back one way or another even if it's small... not necessarily monetary benefit.

You are the BIGGER fool here.

Someone that needed to be "dashed" ordinary #10K JUST last month isn't going to be suddenly swimming in money.

Typical NICE GUY behaviour. Doing nice stuff for people just to seem like a "good" person then getting hurt/angry when it's not reciprocated.

Generosity that comes with strings attached is NOT generosity. It's MANIPULATION.

The poor guy offered to buy you a drink even though he is not drinking but you INSISTED he give you the money.

Your indignation is unjustified.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Babamide(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2023
Friendship and money does not mix. If we are friends, we don't have money issues. If we have money issues, then we are not friends
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Sucre6: 10:58am On Dec 18, 2023
Kingosytex:
Street no get memory, expecting everyone to have you kind of heart is just an illusion.
You have learnt your lessons, he must need your help some other time and you will be in a better position of paying him with x10 the evil.
Many are just so selfish and self centered.

Street get the most memory, stupid people don't
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Geovanni412(m): 11:11am On Dec 18, 2023
BigDickProblems:
I know about 3 people I lent money this year hoping that they will pay back the day they promised. Guess what......they never paid back. It's almost the end of the year and I don't intend to ask them for the money again. I have only learnt my lesson.

This year taught me that people can be very wicked. Be there for your family, f***CK anyone called friends.

You still have not learnt

Na family wey fit run you street pass anybody else

You can sue your friend or call Police for them

But if na family, dem go beg you say, you know he is your brother, grin

The simple rule is this, don't lend money, only give money you can afford to forfeit to anybody

If it passes your mental threshold, refuse the monetary request.

2 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by papyjaypaul: 11:23am On Dec 18, 2023
When you give something free of charge, there is no interest or payback on it. Give without remembering, receive without forgetting.
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by BigDickProblems: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2023
Geovanni412:

You still have not learnt

Na family wey fit run you street pass anybody else

You can sue your friend or call Police for them

But if na family, dem go beg you say, you know he is your brother, grin

The simple rule is this, don't lend money, only give money you can afford to forfeit to anybody

If it passes your mental threshold, refuse the monetary request.
Well, we all have different families. My family ain't like that. We look out for each other since day one. If I'm broke, I'll call on them, they provide and I pay back and vice-versa. Nobody is ready to loose his/her prestige/loyalty/respect. We all look out for eachother. That's Family Bro. Family over anything Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by id4sho(m): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2023
BigDickProblems:

Give what you can forfeit!
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by AfahaAbia(m): 11:38am On Dec 18, 2023
Who takes friends seriously this period! My family and myself come first. F.uck that friend! Most of them are always full of envy when u do better than them.

2 Likes

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by xweexxer(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2023
You were a fool, for calling such a person a friend. Did you give him money for him to pay you back?
If not, that one don go. No go kill yourself. People change everyday, be careful

1 Like

Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Obainoman6: 12:58pm On Dec 18, 2023
Firstly, he is not your friend. Secondly his iq is way lower than yours. Final verdict = avoid anything that has to do with him from now on.
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Obainoman6: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2023
Fahvvy:

Omorrrr...

Senseless talk.
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Obainoman6: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Peter532:

We are close.

Please op you don't need to respond to fahvy anymore, it is a jobless troll who reasons with it's ass.
Re: I Dashed Him 10k Free Last Month See How He Paid Me Back by Obainoman6: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
Fahvvy:

Either ways undecided...

How much have you given?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Bride Price Akwunanaw - Is Too Expensive / Plzzzzzz People,what Do Women Want In An Affair? / She Said She Can't Date Me Cos I'm A Fine Guy: Dooommmmmm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.