Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) (779 Views)

The Wild And Worrisome Ways Of Women / Caught On Camera : Muslim Lady Romance In Public / Lady And Her Man In Hot Romance In The Bedroom In Pre Wedding Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) by 001Lotion: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2023
Jurist Advance Secondary School Kano

Welcome to Jurist advance secondary school Kano, in respect to your review test performance your new class is JSS 1 C...

JSS1 C are usually for the slow learners or should I say misfit grin.. within my self I knew I was suppose to be in JSS 1 A, I'm very smart for a child my age, I knew a lot about general life knowledge. Most of the things I know as at that time was things I read in Novels and watch from documentaries but I lack a lot from the conventional English and Mathematics class room stuff. Do you know that at JSS 1 I have read about green house farming when I thought drought will reduce the world to nothing, na food go kill me grin

Now let me give you guys a brief story about my background. I'm Chi Boy from Enugu and the only Child of my Mom. My Mom is what people would call a single Mom and why she and my Dad went their separate ways still remains a mystery till today because he looks like a decent man to me.

One day when my mom came back from work she was looking so sad and at the same time happy she told me that she has been promoted and also has been transferred to the wild Wild North. My mom works in one of the federal ministries so we were given an accommodation in the ministry quarter and a land for agriculture.

when we got to Kano state we arranged our house, the last family that used that house should be jailed for life grin. Them suffer us. she reported to the ministry and when she came back, she told me how she saw a nice school on her way to the ministry and we would need to make enquiry on Monday.

So that was how I became a member of jss1c Jurist Advance Secondary school. After the test that day the school tailor took my measurements and the principal asked me to resume the next day.

Next my encounter with Jamila

The is a true life story (at least 85% of everything you read here is true ).
Re: Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) by 001Lotion: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2023
Jamila

Jurist advance secondary school is what you could call a one Nigerian School. Almost every tribe is in my school from Fulani, Huasa, Igbo, Yoruba, Idoma, Ijaw Igala and many more.

So the next day I took a bus and stop at the front of the school gate, most of the students are already in school. I was on mufti. The school prefects directed me to the principal's office. The school principal was from Chad, she is Tall and slim, speaks queens English and pronounce my name in a funny way.

The tailor came to the principal's office he gave me my uniform, scandals, sucks, school bag, text books and note books. The principal ask me to go to the rest room and change then go to my prestigious JSS 1c.

One thing about me is I'm very very tall and there's something about tall people dresses look good on them I'm not trying to make mouth or something but the school uniform pretty look good on me.

Me: Excuse me Sir.

Mallam Hamisu: yes how can I help you?

Me: I am a new student and I was assigned to this class.

Mallam Hamisu : okay come inside

I went into the class and each student was assigned a particular sit, table and locker you know just one person to their table, sit and chair. We were twenty in class and Mallam Hamisu is our class Master.

Mallam Hamisu : New Student, introduce your self to the class...

Me: My name is Chiwendu Ogbu grin ( you could hear them laugh. )

Mallam Hamisu: We have gone far already, this is to the first term and Jamila will give you her note so you could be up to date. I nodded with the hope of meeting Jamila during break time.

During break time, omo I can't wait to dive into my lunch box, imagine a whole forty minutes for a period and break is usually from 10:00 to 10:40... After eating what my mom package for me, I went to look for Jamila so I could start copying notes.

Some group of like 7 girls were hosting and eating among them self but which of them is Jamila?

Me: Hea please who is Jamila?

Tosin: Say what you want to tell her here because we are busy ( she takes too much )

Me: ( still think on what to answer Tosin )

Jamila : Oh I forgot, come and collect the notes ( She has this Fulani intonation and is also pretty too, she is our class representative)

When we got to her desk, she brought out the books but said she would give me one at a time. I said thank you and when I saw about to leave she asked?

Jamila : What is your name?
Me : Chi boy
Jamila : would you like to join the entertainment club?
Me: I don't know o, but what do you guys do?
Jamila : ( with excitement written all over her face ) we act drama, sings songs and lots of entertaining stuff.
Me: Hmmmm let me think about it and tomorrow I will give you an answer ( me act drama and sing songs Tufiakwa grin) ..
Jamila: Okay...

I collected the note, thanked her and left. In my school everybody was suppose to be in a club. Ranging for Entertainment club, Jet club, Literally club.
I knew I wasn't going to Join the entertainment club but I also do not want to disappoint Jamila.
Re: Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2023
Oga i de follow ur story. Even if na fake i no get problem so far u complete am.
Re: Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) by abba190: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
there is no school in kano with that name. u liar grin
Re: Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) by 24SEVEN: 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
abba190:
there is no school in kano with that name. u liar grin

You can imagine him. undecided
Re: Romance In The Wild North ( A True Life Story ) by 001Lotion: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2023
Joining The Literary club

One thing about copying note is that you get tired before you even start. I couldn't copy much of the note, I just get tired for no reason. In the ministry quarters most petty things like detergent, soap and other household stuff are sold by residents and they used their house to shop the goods.

I'm yet to fully get familiar with my immediate environment, but hopefully with time. I needed detergent to wash my uniform, I need to find where to buy one. The power supply in Kano is not that bad, they usually take the light and bring them back in the evening but can't be compared to Enugu. That was the only thing I miss about Enugu.

Walking aimlessly through the quarters without really seeing a shop to buy detergent was distracting, I decided it was best to ask someone.

Me: how far, abeg you know where I fit buy OMO? I ask a short chubby boy who I later found out his name was Abdul, well that was what everyone call him.

Abdul: them dey sale for our house na? Abi you be new comer?

Me: Yes oh, I new for here oo

Abdul: Which lane una dey stay?

Me: Peakers lane ( Peakers Lane was the first thing I saw when we drove into the ministry quarters)...

Abdul: Come make I show you our house, if you wan buy something always come here.

Me: Okay no problems.

Abdul and his parents stays at Charles Lane. He has two elder sisters, Amira and Hajara they are Nupe. The Nupe is an ethnic group native to the North Central of Nigeria. They are the dominant ethnic group in Niger State and a minority in Kwara State. The Nupe are also present in Kogi State and Abuja. They have their distinct language that is different from Hausa.

Abdul : Ke Amira, Ke zo ke bashi sabolu ( Amira come and sale soap to him ).

Amira was the first girl I had butterfly for, she was slim and tall, about the age with me. She had this spotless Choco cream skin tone. So fine.

Amira : How much own?

Me: 100 naira

All the while I was just looking at her and hoping that I always find an opportunity to always come back here. What a creature.

I bought the detergent and headed back home, washed my clothes and Iron them. There was no reason to be dirty. There was constant water, the water board works.

My Mom usually close work by 4pm. She would always Branch Sabon gari commodity market to buy things we would cook. She came back with soup stuff. And I knew she about was to prepare my favorite, Ogbono soup with Kanda grin. Honestly I wouldn't say we were poor, she had only me and her self to care for so I would say we are a little bit above average or so I thought.

Later in the evening, light came and I ironed my Uniform. I prepare for the next school day.

The next morning as usual, as at 7:30 I was already on my way to school, at the entrance of the ministry, I saw Amira and Abdul on their uniform waiting for their school bus, I usually don't wait for Jurist school bus because they passed earlier, most times by 6 in the morning. I said hello to Abdul and ignored Amira, maybe because I don't want Abdul to see me talking to his sister or maybe I thought Amira will ignore me, I just wanted to be on a safe side.

Today on the assembly ground, the Literary club would be presenting the new of the week. So Literary club should have the stage.

Good morning everyone, my name is Habiba Musa Maiturare and i'm here with me my co-host Toyin Adedayo. This is the news of the week. Now the headlines

" President Olusegun Obasanjo has promised that civil servant will be well compensated for their commitment to the Nigerian project".....

This was Habiba speaking and that instants, no body can stop me not even the school principal I must join literary club. After the news of the week I went to her and said 'hello I want to join the literary club". She was happy, it's seems they give this people money for bring in more intake.

She promise to bring the club undertaken to me during break, as I turned to leave I saw Jamila looking at us.

To be continue....

(1) (Reply)

Do Women Also Worry About Their Perfomance In Bed / Can Someone Help Me Out / Contact Me If U Can Do All These Things For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.