Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention (22711 Views)

Anambra Community Ravaged By Erosion Cries Out For Govt Intervention / Mohammed Sabo Nanono: How Collapse Of Textile Coys Led To Increase In Crime / Anambra-China Airport Project To Resume As Ambassador Promises Govt Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by dre11(m): 10:02am On Dec 21, 2023
Christmas: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention

In a bid to alleviate the financial burden of transportation costs during the festive season, the Federal Government has chosen prominent transport companies to benefit from a 50 per cent transport subsidy. God is Good (GIG) Motors, Chisco Transport, Young Shall Grow Motors, God Bless Ezenwata, and Area Motors have been selected as beneficiaries of this initiative.

Bayo Onanuga, the Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to President Bola Tinubu, disclosed this development on Thursday through his X handle, previously known as Twitter.

Onanuga also shared a list of selected routes that will be covered by this subsidy, including major routes such as Lagos-Kano, Lagos-Enugu, Lagos-Nsukka, Onitsha-Jos, Abuja-Sokoto, and 23 other routes designated by the government.

This announcement elicited a mixed reaction among users on social media. While some expressed doubts, others were optimistic and appreciative of the government’s support.

One user, CREDO, tweeted, “I hope those who will enjoy this benefit will come here and testify that they really did. Let me for once see what this government said and did.”

In response, another user, @Peter, expressed anticipation for the inclusion of airlines like Air Peace, NGEagle, and Green Africa on the subsidised list, suggesting that Nigerians would appreciate their services.

This subsidy initiative aims to provide relief to travellers during the festive period and facilitate more affordable transportation options across the designated routes.

https://leadership.ng/christmas-5-transport-coys-28-routes-see-details-of-federal-govts-intervention/

Previous thread:
Yuletide: Tinubu Approves 50% Waivers On Road, Rail Transport

8 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by TANID(m): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2023
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by SoNature(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2023
I checked GIGM fares and noticed that nothing has changed yet. Meanwhile, these changes are supposed to commence today.

I don't understand why this government is always hasty in making announcements without doing their underground works.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by chinebu(m): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2023
What is the original price to be halfed. That should be the question because they may be taking the hiked price and still collect money from the government.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by nairalanda1(m): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2023
cheesy

1.Only 5 transport companies, 28 routes. Not universal, eh?

2.Solution to the problem is simple...expand and fix the railways.

P.S For those of ya wondering why Nairaland closed down

Nairaland's server was taken down because I overlooked an abuse report that was originally sent on the 14th. After the takedown, I removed the offensive content.

The UI for bringing back the server didn't work so it took hours to get support on how to get that done. Minutes after the forum was brought back, they took the server down again with no warning.

I'm guessing that the content I removed was still cached on Cloudflare servers, so they could still see it. I have cleared the caches now, but they are not communicating. I hope they will communicate tomorrow.

If you have any ideas for working with abuse teams, please share. My track record is abysmal.

SEUN'S X HANDLE SOURCE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2023
Why was Nairaland down, for long

11 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by DesChyko: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2023
Starting when? Before sharing the update with fellow travellers, I checked out the fares minutes ago and it's 27k to 38k

As comparison, someone who left for Onitsha three nights ago boarded 16,500 on Night bus from Lagos.

https://gigm.com/
https://www.ysgtransport.ng/
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Skillsnigeria: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2023
Okay
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by nautybride: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2023
Good to be back. Merry Christmas in advance.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Joesno(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2023
Where weren't NL for 2 days now?

Seun do n settle those Russian hackers na, u myt not b lucky next time. grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Higherthan: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2023
Some idiots Will still come and blame tinubu cos I hailed him, and still get nairaland banned, haters of good things they know themselves.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by iCauseTrouble: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2023
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by nazicartel(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2023
These are the Normal busy business routes in Nigeria. But notice how they won't do any rail links to these places , they'll just leave the Eastern business corridors and focus on linking Nigeria to maradi. These business roads are not good, but federal govt will abandon them to do one road linking borno to chad

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by WhisperedNoise: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2023
Throwing pure water at a burning building.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by WhisperedNoise: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2023
Higherthan:

Cos of the igbo guys using tribal slurs.uisng hate speeches
Shut up. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by nairalanda1(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
ChangedMan1999:
Why was Nairaland down, for long

See the comment above yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by lawrenzooo: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:
I checked GIGM fares and noticed that nothing has changed yet. Meanwhile, these changes are supposed to commence today.

I don't understand why this government is always hasty in making announcements without doing their underground works.

The recklessness with which the Government do their things always amaze me, At the end of the day, you would start hearing things like, Government didn't pay the transport companies and that's why the fares couldn't be reduced.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by lexy2014: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:

because there is no sincerity. this is a government built on falsehood and depends on falsehood to do everything

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Think9ja(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
This whole thing was arranged to favour people from a certain region but their hatred for the state of Nigeria and it's president will not let them see beyond that fact. Go on twitter and see the insults and backlash this thing is generating, mostly from the people who should be rejoicing and benefiting from it.

Why can't I travel to Yola and Maiduguri from Lagos? Why were northern states exempted? Are there no Nigerians willing to travel within those routes from now till 4th January?

I dread to think what the reaction and backlash would have been if this was announced during Salah season.

Yes, the implementation is always going to be a challenge but let's ask for clarification on the implementation instead of allowing our hate consume us.

In another development.....

Nairaland is finally back. My favourite social media after WhatsApp.

All those people that were rejoicing on twitter because our indigenous social media was shut down, shame on you all.

Nairaland forever.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by dreycomalfoy(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
Opportunity to share money again 🙄
dre11:

Christmas: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention

https://leadership.ng/christmas-5-transport-coys-28-routes-see-details-of-federal-govts-intervention/

Previous thread:
Yuletide: Tinubu Approves 50% Waivers On Road, Rail Transport

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
SoNature:

Guy rest

I noticed u are the same guy that lied that Minister Tunji-Ojowas lying when he talked about the possibilty of getting ones international passport in a week

Its barely few hours into this and u are ready to pull out your negativities
U think those Transport Comapanies are being run by dummies who would be too weak to refute whatever false claims the FG tries to wrap around them

Most of u guys arent as bright as we think..You all failed your Logic classes repeatedly in the Uni and this is the result

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by StraightGaay: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2023
I thought nairaland has shut down for good.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by lexy2014: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2023
Higherthan:

Cos of the igbo guys using tribal slurs.uisng hate speeches
this one has started

5 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Higherthan: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2023
grin
lexy2014:
this one has started
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Samogloby: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2023
51 seats per each vehicle. Criminal in the affair of the country
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by WhisperedNoise: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2023
Higherthan:
noisemakers and chest beater spotted grin
I hope they ban your account and IP address. Liar!

PS: I'm Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by spy24(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Shut up. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Them try
Re: 5 Transport Coys, 28 Routes – See Details Of Federal Govt’s Intervention by Metu2016: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2023
Inukwa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Joins Twitter, Read His First Tweets.. / "Why Restructuring Nigeria Is Impossible" - Gowon / Ondo 2020: Agboola Ajayi Picks Gboye Adegbenro As His Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.