Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,380 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia (399 Views)

NAFDAC Busts Fake Bottled Water Syndicate In Port Harcourt (Pics, Video) / NAFDAC Busts Syndicate Importing Banned Crusader Soap / Police Arrest Owner Of Fake Wine Factory (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by OldBeer: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has uncovered a large haul of fake wine and soft drinks in Abia State.

This was contained in a press statement released by the agency via its verified X(formerly Twitter), adding that the agency discovered major brands were cloned by the arrested syndicate in an operation that involved over 240 shops-turned-factories.

The statement reads: “In a major operation, NAFDAC has dismantled a large-scale counterfeit beverage syndicate operating in Eziukwu Market, Aba, Abia State.

“Acting on intelligence, the Agency collaborated with security forces to conduct a sting operation, uncovering illicit activities spanning various brands, including Seaman Schnapps, Henessy, Four Cousins, Martell, Black Label, Campari, and more.

“Over 240 shops-turned-factories were raided, revealing filthy conditions, the use of unhygienic water, harmful chemicals, and cloned packaging materials.

“The counterfeiters engaged in date revalidation for expired products like Peak milk, ketchup, and Coca-Cola products, posing severe health risks to unsuspecting consumers.

“The shutdown of the entire market was enforced until stakeholders committed to preventing such activities.

“The operation resulted in the destruction of 1,500 cartons of fake products, valued at over N750 million, and the evacuation of 300 cartons to NAFDAC's warehouse.”

The statement added that “Ten individuals were arrested and will face charges after a thorough investigation.”

The statement continued: “NAFDAC emphasizes the health hazards of consuming adulterated alcohol, urging vigilance during the festive season, and advising consumers to scrutinize the "4 Ps" - Place, Price, Packaging, and Product - before purchasing alcohol.

“Prof. Mojisola Christianah Adeyeye, the @DGatNAFDAC, reaffirmed the Agency's commitment to eradicating counterfeit products nationwide and urged the public to report suspicious activities to the nearest NAFDAC office.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/12/18/nigerian-agency-nafdac-busts-large-storage-fake-wine-soft-drinks-arrests-10-suspects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C71d5xSNKkc?si=OVBaFRK1VNNJrubT
Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by OldBeer: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
My people, as we go into the yuletide season, please be careful about what you put into your mouth o.

Mynd44, Dominique, Nlfpmod

Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by orohbirodeysmel: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
Make them go Cemetery road market go see Wetin boys dey produce give people in the name of cosmetics...

They don burn women faces finish with fake cosmetics products
Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by Lovemeharder(f): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
What's is NAFDAC doing?? People's lives are at risk gosh!
How can someone be so heartless and keep producing poison for people to consume? cry
Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by Chicagograduate(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
We have regulatory bodies that are not doing anything but padding budget for the senate and president to implement for the to steal.

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by Jennyclay(f): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thank God I don’t take soda undecided

I just hope there’s no fake hollandia and chivita juice drink because that’s the only drink i take most times.

Nigerians are so evil minded!!
Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by Angrigowt: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
I've drank fake beer.expired beer. 6 days ago.i checked the Pepsi plastic: it had expired October.i returned it back ..3 days ago at alignment shop.i took Pepsi.. it had expired since October...I no drink again abeg. Tea with water only.
Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by Offkey: 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2023
Vaseline crew are unhappy with this new development by DEVELOPERS😂😂
Re: NAFDAC Busts Large Storage Of Fake Wine, Soft Drinks, Arrests 10 In Abia by RichAbujaGuy: 10:48pm On Dec 21, 2023
Jennyclay:
Thank God I don’t take soda undecided

I just hope there’s no fake hollandia and chivita juice drink because that’s the only drink i take most times.

Nigerians are so evil minded!!

I know I don't know you like that but I must confess, I missed your posts when NL was down. 😉

(1) (Reply)

"I'm Dying Of Cancer"-deziani Allison Madueke / Hoodlums Target Anambra PGs, Kill 7 / Decline And Block Every Call From This Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.