Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? (22746 Views)

How Much Is Number Plate In Nigeria Today? / Give This Corolla A Name!! / Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Beuberry(f): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Good educative thread
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by MrDoGood(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by DaRuud(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Similarly , I used 10k fuel @195 , drive from Lagos till I get to Suleja , then I top it with 5k , half tank to enter Abuja ,

Judolisco:
Eno dey 2 chop fuel... I remember buying 8k fuel when fuel was 200 naira per litre in my Toyota corolla 2011... I was going from ilorin to Abuja.... D 8k fuel took me to minna... I bought another another 5k in minna to Abuja..... Now ino fit try am again... grin

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Spirit247: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
id4sho:
: Thieves magnet, don't the craze about this car. Overpriced shit box and there are better fuel economical cars angry
like which ones are better at fuel economy?

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Benez: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
OfeAchi:

Your phone number
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by MrDoGood(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2023
Judolisco:
Eno dey 2 chop fuel... I remember buying 8k fuel when fuel was 200 naira per litre in my Toyota corolla 2011... I was going from ilorin to Abuja.... D 8k fuel took me to minna... I bought another another 5k in minna to Abuja..... Now ino fit try am again... grin

I drove Camry XLE V6 2011 from gwagwalada to benin 2020 December

Spent about 11 hrs on the road cos of traffic. I no off this car once nor off ac. I no do top up till I enter Benin.

This year January, I drove RX 350 2010 From Abuja to Benin, from Airport road Abuja to Benin, I no top fuel till I enter Benin

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by GerraMeh74(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
The best decision I made last year, everyday I wake up and see my Corolla,I say thank you Lord,in Nigeria cars appreciate and not depreciate.

3 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Akowemoon(m): 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
If u get this car and you be bank CEO, I know say lowkey, u dey on SHARE RIDE APP weekend grin
There's nothing absolutely wrong in making money from side hustle.No be everybody dey press botton

3 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by SavageResponse(m): 5:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
onlinediva:
Hmmm

Toyota Corolla is overrated in Nigeria

That's not what the statistics say...out of 10 cars you count on any Nigerian road at least 3 are Corollas

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by haybhi1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
OfeAchi:
Hmmm.
I have a clean toks corolla 2005 for sale.
1.99M.
Hello. Season greetings to you.

I have an interest in the vehicle. Please, where's your location, let's deal. Or your contact?
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by olisaEze(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
The first time I tasted pork meat nobody begged me to eat it. I just took one look at the faces of everyone indulging and knew that it'd be as sweet as Eve's apple! He that would look to the weather before sailing must never put to sea. Be there looking for an accountant to calculate fuel vs thief for you till fuel pump price go press you die for neck! Why have money at all sef, abi thief no dey thief that wan too?? Here's a tip, don't leave your vehicle with the mechanic for long. Stay there in his workshop till your car is fixed. Watch were you park if you're going to leave the car for long and the kind of places you go to, opari! As we say in Nigeria, the rest is just God's grace. cool

6 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by SavageResponse(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
DaRuud:
Similarly , I used 10k fuel @195 , drive from Lagos till I get to Suleja , then I top it with 5k , half tank to enter Abuja ,

Sadly those days are gone.
These days to fill up the tank of a Corolla will cost you nothing less than 36K!

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Ayinde2000: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Here to learn
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Thomthom(m): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Venza 2015 any day any time... I love my former Voltron sha. That's Toyota spider but steering wahala made me go for Venza 2015..
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Nwanna2588: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
Navigating through the vehicular landscape of choices, akin to the myriad of car options on the market, one observes a familiar pattern. Much like the tendency of Nigerians to gravitate towards a newfound discovery, be it the ubiquitous Macmillan textbooks of yesteryears or the current trend of embracing Lantern quantitative and verbal reasoning.

In this metaphorical journey, I draw a parallel to the Toyota phenomenon, where a singular choice becomes a widespread preference. However, the automotive realm, much like life itself, unfolds a plethora of options, each potentially more fitting for its purpose. The allure of Toyota, celebrated for its fuel efficiency, echoes the collective embrace of a popular choice, perhaps overlooking alternatives with similar merits.

The crux of the matter lies in the propensity of individuals to follow the footsteps of their neighbors, perpetuating trends without delving into the broader spectrum of available options. This inclination, akin to the Toyota factor, manifests in a cascade effect, with one neighbor influencing the other in a domino-like progression.

Yet, inherent in this trend lies a crucial realization—the existence of alternatives that may surpass the current favorite. It beckons one to explore beyond the immediate circle, analogous to venturing into West African countries for more economical solutions. The advice, though specific to car parts, extends as a metaphorical suggestion to probe beyond the familiar and discover cost-effective alternatives.

Furthermore, the astute recommendation emerges: if the pursuit involves repairing your metaphorical car, consider seeking parts in neighboring West African countries like Cotonou, Togo, or Ghana. A venture across borders may not only yield savings but also serve as a testament to the cost disparities influenced by demand dynamics.

In conclusion, the automotive analogy provides a lens through which one can glean insights into the broader human tendency to embrace what is popular without exploring the wealth of alternatives. The Toyota factor, while emblematic of a widespread phenomenon, prompts introspection—encouraging individuals to question, seek alternatives, and, in doing so, potentially find a more economical and fitting solution.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by onlinediva: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
SavageResponse:

That's not what the statistics say...out of 10 cars you count on any Nigerian road at least 3 are Corollas

My post was not based on the statistics
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by iamkim7: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
id4sho:
: Thieves magnet, don't the craze about this car. Overpriced shit box and there are better fuel economical cars angry
Please suggest other economical cars that are reliable and not so expensive to acquire.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by faceland: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
At least they didn't steal the whole car (because the mechanic that did this is skilled enough to steal the whole thing)

Small small, you would fix it back next year.
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Elsueno: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2023
Its a nice car, if u live in a secured gated compound & ur work place is also well secured!....

If ur goal is fuel economy, forget that crap, u are better off with a Honda civic. ..better design, less desirable by thieves & also slightly better fuel economy than the Toyota corrola grin

3 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by olibeans: 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
This vehicle is overrated.
Corolla ain't better than Camry in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance or parts.

Generally, Toyota cars are usually economical when it comes to fuel consumption but for a Toyota Corolla, its way too overrated especially when you can't get your foot off the gas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Rinoxy: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
GboyegaD:
The topic, I have read it over many times and still can't make out the meaning.

The body, not sure I understand the writer's opinion as intended. Is the writing opining that it is a good car to buy because of its low cost of maintenance and fuel saving ability or a bad car to buy because of the high rate of theft/vandalism of the vehicle?

For the last question, I think one's intention of owning a car and one's maintenance budget for a car should guide. I have a Corolla and while the OP stated the maintenance cost is cheap, I do not think so when I compare it to my Honda. At each routine maintenance, there's always something to fix and this is just a 3years old vehicle.
Your comment is golden; informative and authentic. A colleague of mine at work changed her Corolla engine for 750k, since then my mind changed.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
SavageResponse:

These days to fill up the tank of a Corolla will cost you nothing less than 36K!
more than that o
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
olibeans:
This vehicle is overrated.
Corolla ain't better than Camry in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance or parts.

Generally, Toyota cars are usually economical when it comes to fuel consumption but for a Toyota Corolla, its way too overrated especially when you can't get your foot off the gas.
Are you sure about this?? Toyota Camry? Cause I know someone using a Camry
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by NewDea4: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
Your mind no go touch ground again, anytime you park am na so you go dey fear for where you say (unless the car remains in view)

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by olibeans: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Are you sure about this?? Toyota Camry? Cause I know someone using a Camry

Speaking from experience.
Corolla is overrated.
As long as you keep firing the accelerator, the fuel will keep burning.
Camry fuel economy is also good plus the cost maintenance is cost effective. The steering is much powered than a Corolla that's too mechanical.

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Judolisco(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
DaRuud:

see wetin fuel turn to now... Bought 52 litres 35k today.... God help us

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by R0LL0N(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
4.5 million Toyota 2006 I over shock

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Judolisco(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
SavageResponse:

I bought 35k today at 673 eno full oh
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by olibeans: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
SavageResponse:

It's a matter of choice.
In practical terms, it's overrated.
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by BestTrades: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2023

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by olibeans: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thomthom:
Venza 2015 any day any time... I love my former Voltron sha. That's Toyota spider but steering wahala made me go for Venza 2015..

What challenges made you bolt from Toyota spider to Venza 2015 and what's so special you love about Venza 2015..?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine / The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.