Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,328 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? (22745 Views)

How Much Is Number Plate In Nigeria Today? / Give This Corolla A Name!! / Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by esemes256: 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Elsueno:
Its a nice car, if u live in a secured gated compound & ur work place is also well secured!....

If ur goal is fuel economy, forget that crap, u are better off with a Honda civic. ..better design, less desirable by thieves & also slightly better fuel economy than the Toyota corrola grin

My problem with this honda civic is that it cannot withstand the rigours of Nigerian roads the way the corolla does. Fuel economy is just one of the factors that make so many people continue buying the corolla.

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Chetas81(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
TechCapon:
grin

I never liked corolla because it's an ugly car. It's probably the only one car that has managed to stay ugly with every new model over the years but one thing is certain. It's a very reliable car that hardly disappoints. Very loyal.
BUT UGLY 🤾🤾🤾

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by jeff1607(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2023
Spirit247:
like which ones are better at fuel economy?

Try Nissan
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by jeff1607(m): 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2023
Elsueno:
Its a nice car, if u live in a secured gated compound & ur work place is also well secured!....

If ur goal is fuel economy, forget that crap, u are better off with a Honda civic. ..better design, less desirable by thieves & also slightly better fuel economy than the Toyota corrola grin

A gated compound doesn't guarantee that car won't be stolen

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by esemes256: 7:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
olibeans:
This vehicle is overrated.
Corolla ain't better than Camry in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance or parts.

Generally, Toyota cars are usually economical when it comes to fuel consumption but for a Toyota Corolla, its way too overrated especially when you can't get your foot off the gas.

Depends on the year of the camry and how well maintained the car is. For maintenance, camry seems overall slightly cheaper to maintain. In all, I would rather get a well maintained camry than a corolla.

4 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by 4ward4: 7:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
esemes256:

My problem with this honda civic is that it cannot withstand the rigours of Nigerian roads the way the corolla does. Fuel economy is just one of the factors that make so many people continue buying the corolla.

I still want to understand, rigorous in what sense ?both are Japanese and made up of same metal parts. Honda Shocks last longer than Toyota, good fuel economy, and a bit wider space
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by esemes256: 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
@ Op,

Think of all the cars made in the world between the years 2005 to 2008. Many of those cars have landed in the junkyard by now.
For toyota corolla, I can guarantee you that 80% or more are still on the roads running. That says alot about the build quality of the car.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by unclemaths(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
N6 million is the least amount to get a good one as of today.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by esemes256: 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
4ward4:

I still want to understand, rigorous in what sense ?both are Japanese and made up of same metal parts. Honda Shocks last longer than Toyota, good fuel economy, and a bit wider space
Very true. But the ground clearance leaves a lot to be desired. And that seems to be common among honda cars.

Honda civic, while being very good in engine, fuel economy, interior design, etc, does not survive the way the corolla survives tough environments like Nigerian roads.
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by 4ward4: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
esemes256:

Very true. But the ground clearance leaves a lot to be desired. And that seems to be common among honda cars.

Honda civic, while being very good in engine, fuel economy, interior design, etc, does not survive the way the corolla survives tough environments like Nigerian roads.

Guess I will just agree, but ever since I stopped using Corolla years ago, I have only gotten Hondas Civic as my small ride and it have been good. Can't understand why I will spend such outrageous money in buying Corolla which is also Japanese ...

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by pak: 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
If you were previously using a Benz and you later opt for a Toyota, yeah it might be good maintenance and fuel consumption wise but in terms of handling and buzz, it's a massive downgrade
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by pak: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2023
4ward4:

Guess I will just agree, but ever since I stopped using Corolla years ago, I have only gotten Hondas Civic as my small ride and it have been good. Can't understand why I will spend such outrageous money in buying Corolla which is also Japanese ...

I have used both and I can say Honda products have a more luxury feel than Toyota - the power steering, the engine, the interior but what it gains in luxury, it losses in ruggedness.

If your use case is work - house - church etc, you're good to go but if you require a more rigorous usage, not the best idea

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by id4sho(m): 8:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
esemes256:

Depends on the year of the camry. 2012 - 2014 camry has slightly better fuel economy than 2005 - 2012 corolla despite having more power. For maintenance, camry is slightly cheaper to maintain. In all, I would rather get a well maintained camry than a corolla.
U r ryt. 2ar-fe(2.4) is more economical than 2az-fe(2.5)
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by tnerro1(m): 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Kai products are more fuel efficient and they are durable these days, people just don’t want to have a second opinion

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2023
olibeans:

Speaking from experience.
Corolla is overrated.
As long as you keep firing the accelerator, the fuel will keep burning.
Camry fuel economy is also good plus the cost maintenance is cost effective. The steering is much powered than a Corolla that's too mechanical.
I think so sha , cause mine isn't that fuel effective like I thought... But E still dey try sha.. full thank with steady AC fit reach 2weeks

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
R0LL0N:
4.5 million Toyota 2006 I over shock
When be that? Cause it's more now o
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Kingluqman(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
onlinediva:
Hmmm

Toyota Corolla is overrated in Nigeria
If you have used Honda of same year before, you will know it's not overrated grin

Enjoying my 09 Sport tho... corolla nor dey give you headache anyhow

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Bevepiv(m): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ok
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by RIDOO: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2023
NewDea4:
Your mind no go touch ground again, anytime you park am na so you go dey fear for where you say (unless the car remains in view)

Honestly... you go pack car and be viewing from afar if it's still there or not.No be juju be that....

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by R0LL0N(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

When be that? Cause it's more now o
Wow a month ago
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by LucemFerre: 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
It's sad that this misconceptions about corolla being cheap to Maintain is circulating among Nigerians. And most of them saying it haven't used the car. Na dem say dem say
Corolla is one of the most expensive cars to maintain now. On the long run you are better of with Camry, Accord, Civic, Mazda, 307 (with 307 and civic being better at fuel economy than corolla in a balanced comparison). What you lose in fuel economy will be well over twice what you gain in replacing spare parts.
Make nobody deceive you.
This 4.8 mil ugly overrated, no-security, bad-handling-above-120km/h piece of sh!t is not worth it. I swear

4 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Thomthom(m): 1:21am On Dec 22, 2023
olibeans:

What challenges made you bolt from Toyota spider to Venza 2015 and what's so special you love about Venza 2015..?
Bros Steering wahala.... The steering was always strong.. even when I buy what the mechanic said I should buy after 2 weeks the steering become strong.. when I got to Car stand I explain my experience with Voltron and he advised me to go for Venza.. Venza has Good sound system, I can open and close the booth with key.. and it's keyless ignition.. once I enter the car so far the key dey my pocket na to hold brake press start button.. the double exhaust, back wiper ... Huge open roof, tire and rim are very large. The Headlights is so unique.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:54am On Dec 22, 2023
I no get wetin I wan use the tissue paper do.if fuel like make e enter 3000k per liter.i rather buy a civic .

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 2:58am On Dec 22, 2023
R0LL0N:

Wow a month ago
It's more, check direct
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Curious345: 3:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

I think so sha , cause mine isn't that fuel effective like I thought... But E still dey try sha.. full thank with steady AC fit reach 2weeks

2weeks?

Be like say your daily trip no dey pass 5km.. baaa?
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:24am On Dec 22, 2023
Curious345:

2weeks?

E pass o bro
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:26am On Dec 22, 2023
Curious345:

2weeks?

From Lagos to delta state when I got it we had A.c for some hours.... The fuel no pass half tank
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by ogawisdom(m): 5:44am On Dec 22, 2023
Every family should have a corolla precisely 2003 to 2008. You wont understand until you own one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Masterdazhem: 5:59am On Dec 22, 2023
So true
LucemFerre:
It's sad that this misconceptions about corolla being cheap to Maintain is circulating among Nigerians. And most of them saying it haven't used the car. Na dem say dem say
Corolla is one of the most expensive cars to maintain now. On the long run you are better of with Camry, Accord, Civic, Mazda, 307 (with 307 and civic being better at fuel economy than corolla in a balanced comparison). What you lose in fuel economy will be well over twice what you gain in replacing spare parts.
Make nobody deceive you.
This 4.8 mil ugly overrated, no-security, bad-handling-above-120km/h piece of sh!t is not worth it. I swear

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Curious345: 7:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

From Lagos to delta state when I got it we had A.c for some hours.... The fuel no pass half tank

That one is long distance.. long distance no dey chop fuel . But city driving does

2 Likes

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Car wey dey pieces any small knack.no single safety.why will I spend so much to get a corolla when accord, Lexus.refiend cars dey, well .I dont care about fuel economy that's why.I don pass that stage,I need to enjoy my life well.cannot be hustling and end up buying a car without any single comfort.
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Clazzone(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Very loyal car indeed...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.