Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,462 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? (22747 Views)

How Much Is Number Plate In Nigeria Today? / Give This Corolla A Name!! / Is Benz E350 Wise For A First Time Driver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by OvertheTop(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
MrDoGood:

I drove Camry XLE V6 2011 from gwagwalada to benin 2020 December

Spent about 11 hrs on the road cos of traffic. I no off this car once nor off ac. I no do top up till I enter Benin.

This year January, I drove RX 350 2010 From Abuja to Benin, from Airport road Abuja to Benin, I no top fuel till I enter Benin

The question is:
How many Liters did you use to cover those Long Journeys...
so we could get an idea of the Fuel Economy of those Cars....
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by OvertheTop(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Navigating through the vehicular landscape of choices, akin to the myriad of car options on the market, one observes a familiar pattern. Much like the tendency of Nigerians to gravitate towards a newfound discovery, be it the ubiquitous Macmillan textbooks of yesteryears or the current trend of embracing Lantern quantitative and verbal reasoning.

In this metaphorical journey, I draw a parallel to the Toyota phenomenon, where a singular choice becomes a widespread preference. However, the automotive realm, much like life itself, unfolds a plethora of options, each potentially more fitting for its purpose. The allure of Toyota, celebrated for its fuel efficiency, echoes the collective embrace of a popular choice, perhaps overlooking alternatives with similar merits.

The crux of the matter lies in the propensity of individuals to follow the footsteps of their neighbors, perpetuating trends without delving into the broader spectrum of available options. This inclination, akin to the Toyota factor, manifests in a cascade effect, with one neighbor influencing the other in a domino-like progression.

Yet, inherent in this trend lies a crucial realization—the existence of alternatives that may surpass the current favorite. It beckons one to explore beyond the immediate circle, analogous to venturing into West African countries for more economical solutions. The advice, though specific to car parts, extends as a metaphorical suggestion to probe beyond the familiar and discover cost-effective alternatives.

Furthermore, the astute recommendation emerges: if the pursuit involves repairing your metaphorical car, consider seeking parts in neighboring West African countries like Cotonou, Togo, or Ghana. A venture across borders may not only yield savings but also serve as a testament to the cost disparities influenced by demand dynamics.

In conclusion, the automotive analogy provides a lens through which one can glean insights into the broader human tendency to embrace what is popular without exploring the wealth of alternatives. The Toyota factor, while emblematic of a widespread phenomenon, prompts introspection—encouraging individuals to question, seek alternatives, and, in doing so, potentially find a more economical and fitting solution.

With all these Epistle....
You did not name any Alternatives that have better Fuel Efficiency undecided

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by Olaitan2019(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
December Awoof

Nigeria used and clean Toyota Camry for sale

Year :08

Price : 4m (Slightly Negotiable)

Colour : Gold

Perfectly okay

For more information

Call; 09025462416

WhatsApp : 08127588833
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by fashrola(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Spirit247:
like which ones are better at fuel economy?

Skoda Rapids, Superb, Fabia or Honda City and civic
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by MrDoGood(m): 2:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
OvertheTop:

The question is:
How many Liters did you use to cover those Long Journeys...
so we could get an idea of the Fuel Economy of those Cars....

Both have same tank sizes.

Around 72 litres

But the Lexus consumed more because of it body size and I had 3 persons with my in the Lexus.
My mom and two two friends (male) and no much traffic.

But the Camry I had 2.

A male and female. And we spent hours in traffic.

You know in Nigeria, you can't really say because of the delays like traffic and bad roads.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by segyoms: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
I have very clean Black Camry 2015
For sale
#10M
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by McLizbae: 9:28pm On Jan 13
Where do you guys get these theories from!? Because, according to toyota official ratings, no camry is more fuel efficient than corolla.
esemes256:

Depends on the year of the camry. 2012 - 2014 camry has slightly better fuel economy than 2005 - 2012 corolla despite having more power. For maintenance, camry is slightly cheaper to maintain. In all, I would rather get a well maintained camry than a corolla.

1 Like

Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by esemes256: 10:31pm On Jan 13
McLizbae:
Where do you guys get these theories from!? Because, according to toyota official ratings, no camry is more fuel efficient than corolla.

If you are comparing camry and corolla of the same year, the corollas usually have about 2/3mpg better than camry, in terms of gas mileage. But if you compare some newer camry with some older corolla, you will find a few instances where the camry has slightly better gas mileage on the highway than the corolla, even though the year of manufacture is not that far apart. Also note, the older a car gets, the less efficient the engine and the lower the gas mileage.

Check this out:
https://www.cars.com/research/compare/?vehicles=toyota-camry-2014%2Ctoyota-corolla-2008%2Ctoyota-corolla-2013
Re: TOYOTA COROLLA: A Wise Choice Decision To Make In Nigeria Today? by McLizbae: 8:06am On Jan 14
Thanks for the links. I compared 2004 corolla and 2014 camry and the corolla still has the higher mpg🤷‍♂️
We shouldn't consider age as a factor here, cos if a car is optimally maintained it may even get better with mpg. Old cars also get adapted to lean conditions (use much less fuel than optimal amount).

Modified: I have seen your point with 2013 corolla and 2014 camry. The 2014 camry has the better mpg on highway. I absolutely agree that those corollas with big engines (starting from 2009) are not really fuel efficient when compared to camrys from 2012 upwards.
esemes256:

If you are comparing camry and corolla of the same year, the corollas usually have about 2/3mpg better than camry, in terms of gas mileage. But if you compare some newer camry with some older corolla, you will find a few instances where the camry has slightly better gas mileage on the highway than the corolla, even though the year of manufacture is not that far apart. Also note, the older a car gets, the less efficient the engine and the lower the gas mileage.

Check this out:
https://www.cars.com/research/compare/?vehicles=toyota-camry-2014%2Ctoyota-corolla-2008%2Ctoyota-corolla-2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine / The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.