Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison (49350 Views)

Man Declared Wanted For Shooting 11-Year-Old Boy Dead While Testing A Gun / Man declared wanted for using fake N90k to buy items in Ajah, Lagos. / Young Man Declared Missing After Traveling To Plateau Before The Massacre. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Thinktwicemybro: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
immortalcrown:
Who accused him? Where is the accuser now?
Nobody accused him
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by brushesz: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
D
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by brushesz: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
Na wa
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Unperturbedpota: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
sukkot:
Lol

Thief you want to say you predicted this too abi? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thief 🤣🤣
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Mikespecialone(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
immortalcrown:

Probably dead
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by flokii: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Black person as expected.. racist Justice system run in the US.

7 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by mysticwarrior(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Most miscarriage of justice in the US are mainly suffered by blacks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by CursedOsuPigs: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
Morbeta11:
Chai.....he should be adequately compensated.

No compensation can be adequate for an individual who lived his entire youth in prison and on the verge of death with liver cancer.

I repeat, no compensation can be adequate.

It's a shame really.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Frcknl: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Before reading I know it is a black man

But this is almost a daily thing in the US and I wonder why shocked

I lived in the west for some years and I always saw that they were all the devil we seek

4 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Justiceleague1: 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Osanobua Nogieee
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Astra101: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
They are always 90% black lipsrsealed
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Chetas81(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Black and white should seperate, unavailable idea is killing the black African citizen who keep on serve the colonial masters

2 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by sukkot: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Thief you want to say you predicted this too abi? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thief 🤣🤣
hey legion of demons , by the power vested in me from the LORD I order you to come out of that man right now. Stop tormenting him

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by DiamondPant(f): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
Agangaonomee:
It must be a sexually related crime
You should probably read the story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Prdluxe(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
Too bad
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by ellizy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
domesifa:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67782907
Immediately I saw the headline, I knew for sure he's gonna be a black skin man

2 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by thrillionaire(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
talk2hb1:
I knew he is gonna be black
Swears 😁

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by millionboi2: 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
Agangaonomee:
It must be a sexually related crime
dey try read na even 1 paragraph before you rush to comment.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by PHINAS2016(m): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
[sub][/sub]but just imagine if such was in Nigeria, going back home after 48years term. As in he was there even before my dad courted my mum😃😃
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Originalsly: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Some States in the US .... and some areas Blacks just need to avoid. He was sentenced to death... but saved by the Federal Law. How many more wrongfully convicted were put to death? The persons giving false statements to convict innocent people are never held accountable. 48 years in prison ... institutionalized... he would spend more years adapting to living on his own or with family members. Let's not talk about catching up with present day technology. The time he went to prison remote control for TV was for the rich and famous. It is sad that OK has a cap on compensation for the wrongfully convicted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by eepeepook: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
If he was guilty, he already completed the time. Wahala. These sort of reports make news because they’re rare. That you always hear them on the news doesn’t mean they’re not one percent of overall cases.

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by israelmao(m): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
So pathetic!
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by highyo: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
I know he will be black
his only sin is being a black

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by jojothaiv(m): 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
Damn! This is painful, 48 meaningful years gone

The law is always not right, more reason I dig this verse 'because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil' to be honest, it's better for the world to wake up to an eye for an eye, mind you, the world wouln't go blind, the people of the world will sit up and protect their eyes from being plucked out as a result of the evil they have done.

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by jissdon: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2023
My God 🥺
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Aleem26(m): 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
Wetin bloggers suppose carry dem no go carry…as him no be celeb na

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by yewit37486: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
domesifa:

Mr Simmons and Mr Roberts were convicted in part because of testimony from a teenager who had been shot in the back of the head. The teenager pointed to several other men during police line-ups and later contradicted some of her own testimony, the National Registry of Exonerations said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67782907

How about the useless teenager that gave a false testimony against this man?! People like that shouldn't be allowed to go scot free.

3 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Quranisforfools: 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Under the US justice it is the prosecutor who accuses in cases of murder. That is why you will never hear of the family of the murder victim withdrawing the charge against the accused

immortalcrown:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by kokomilala(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Robbed Of His Time, Youth, And Justice

Forty eight years in a man's life is almost two generations. In effect, he was economically and socially killed.

The justice system perverted justice here ironically. As he said, what is done can't be undone.

This the second black that has gone on such a long haul of perverted justice in terms of prison terms.

There was a black guy who spent 38 yrs in prison. It was posted on NL, I think last year or so.

Is the system targeting blacks? Or are black kids becoming too insouciant that they fall into these- I don't want to believe they are- traps?

Whichever way we see it, this guy was literally robbed of his life and existence. And no amount of apology and compensation would make up for the lost time.

* I'm so glad that our beloved Nairaland is back. Shame on all naysayers, particularly those on Twitter, wishing that the issue that took it down would never be resolved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Benwallt(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
NSNO:
As I was scrolling I said to myself he must be a black person. I was not disappointed 😥

Me too. I knew a white can't be hurled into jail like that. Seems the victim even survived the shooting Abi Na me no read well

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by unclemaths(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Omg! So unfortunate. Let's hope he picks up the little pieces of his life remaining.
Kudos to the USA justice system.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Boys Caught With Pants In Benin / Fulani Herdsmen Butcher A Farmer In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Lady Stabbed To Death In Italy By Her Boyfriend From Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.