Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison (49351 Views)

Man Declared Wanted For Shooting 11-Year-Old Boy Dead While Testing A Gun / Man declared wanted for using fake N90k to buy items in Ajah, Lagos. / Young Man Declared Missing After Traveling To Plateau Before The Massacre. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by doneback04: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
NSNO:
As I was scrolling I said to myself he must be a black person. I was not disappointed 😥

nairaland members, the joy that I have just to see this site restore back because the comments keep me going even when I don't have money at hand now

2 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by tfelicityk(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
His village people kept him there for a purpose...
God continue to protect us against all odds in ths world.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by msakhere(f): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Osanobua, 48years behind bars for a crime he didn't commit. I knew it would be a black man. Na wa

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by omoyankee3(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
Like everybody is saying....I knew it'd be a black man. Makes one wonder how many more innocent black folks are still languishing in prison currently? How many have died without getting exonerated?

That's why I mentor the young african-americans in my community. I tell them the system is designed to get them incarcerated or killed, so they should use wisdom and keep their head down

2 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by faithfull18(f): 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Just like that, wasted years.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by pansophist(m): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2023
So you mean decades before I was born, this man was in jail.

Then I grew up, finish school, became an adult, and still man was still in jail. What kind of injustice is this?

What a world.

4 Likes

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by lawbereau(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
Imagine spending the greater part of your life behind bars for no crime committed!!!
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Enceladus(m): 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
Black americans has sufffered in the hands of systemic racism. 48 years of wrong incarceration and he cant get more than 170 grand from the govt. smh
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Felix6: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Osanobua
Ojemi!
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by JapaNinja: 12:11am On Dec 22, 2023
Deji my guy, na truth 100% you talk o.

deji17:
Stories like this is common in the US. Some of us laugh when ignorant people that has never left the shore of Nigeria will be telling you about "saner climes".

It's like the way other Africans look and appreciate Nigeria based on what they see in our movies and music videos. The big houses, nice dress, big cars, opulence, the portrayal of abundant wealth etc. And many Nigerians will be wondering, what are they talking about? Is it the same Nigeria or they are discussing another Nigeria?? grin grin
US is not just what you see on movies. The glamour, the splendour, the affluence, etc. There are ugly sides of the USA too. But where they are smarter than us is that they don't denigrate their country for any reason.

It rains and pours everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by theforemost: 12:18am On Dec 22, 2023
It's always blacks

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by deji17: 12:27am On Dec 22, 2023
JapaNinja:
Deji my guy, na truth 100% you talk o.

Thanks. Compliments of the season to you and your family .
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Horus(m): 1:56am On Dec 22, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qJZUw0LxVI?si=DeOP6jIEMqplYEqu

Glynn Simmons exonerated after 48-year-long murder conviction
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by soccerlite: 2:14am On Dec 22, 2023
deji17:
Stories like this is common in the US. Some of us laugh when ignorant people that has never left the shore of Nigeria will be telling you about "saner climes".

It's like the way other Africans look and appreciate Nigeria based on what they see in our movies and music videos. The big houses, nice dress, big cars, opulence, the portrayal of abundant wealth etc. And many Nigerians will be wondering, what are they talking about? Is it the same Nigeria or they are discussing another Nigeria?? grin grin
US is not just what you see on movies. The glamour, the splendour, the affluence, etc. There are ugly sides of the USA too. But where they are smarter than us is that they don't denigrate their country for any reason.

Mentality of a tinubu lickass

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by deji17: 2:26am On Dec 22, 2023
soccerlite:

Mentality of a tinubu lickass
Obidog, what's your problem now?

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by soccerlite: 2:35am On Dec 22, 2023
deji17:

Obidog, what's your problem now?

Lolzzzzz 🤣

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by walozanga(m): 5:01am On Dec 22, 2023
They just wasted the young man's life. Na waa oooo
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Starz825(m): 5:18am On Dec 22, 2023
he was just 22 when he was jailed .....
Now 70.

however, permit me to say, apart from the freedom he didn't enjoy all through those yrs.....he must have had a meaningful life behind bars too...gone to sch, learnt a skill...understands life mysteries...

Things happen for a reason.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Kingisibor: 5:21am On Dec 22, 2023
1TrippleCee:
Osanobua

GOD GOD GOD...!
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Sofistcatdmoron: 5:58am On Dec 22, 2023
talk2hb1:
I knew he is gonna be black
Black Americans wahala is too much, they like gangsterism and guns a lot
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Mekuz10: 6:10am On Dec 22, 2023
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by OLOKOESHIN: 7:00am On Dec 22, 2023
immortalcrown:
Black don suffer for this world.

But who accused him? Where is the accuser now?
I never check the pics b4 I know say nah black man self.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Ubanz: 7:18am On Dec 22, 2023
Without reading the body of the news, I knew he must be African.
Why is it that such injustices only or mostly applies to black males.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by adeoye63o: 7:20am On Dec 22, 2023
As I was scrolling I said to myself he must be a black person. I was not disappointed 😥As I was scrolling I said to myself he must be a black person. I was not disappointed 😥...
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by grandstar(m): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2023
All the prosecutor wanted was a conviction. The prosecutor needs to have his or her certificate posthumously removed.

Research has shown that because the US prosecutor's office is a highly political one, there's pressure for convictions which will increase their political profile.

1 Like

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Kushites: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2023
deji17:

God bless you for this comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by talk2hb1(m): 9:52am On Dec 22, 2023
Sofistcatdmoron:

Black Americans wahala is too much, they like gangsterism and guns a lot
You are judging from the surface, go read their history.
They were discriminated and marginalized racially which leave most of them to a live of crime and gangsterism, although things are changing over their too, most of them are moving away from the hood.
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Nickymezor(f): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2023
Damn, so painful undecided angry I hope he is greatly compensated o
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by Waffarianman(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2023
immortalcrown:
Black don suffer for this world.

But who accused him? Where is the accuser now?

Let them use their brain🧠 like Akon their suffer go reduce small
Re: Man Declared Innocent After Spending 48 Years In US Prison by deji17: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2023
Kushites:

God bless you for this comment.

God bless you too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Butcher A Farmer In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Lady Stabbed To Death In Italy By Her Boyfriend From Mali / Nigerian Man Arrested In Kenya For Raping Nigerian Beauty Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.