Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider (32159 Views)

Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct / Photos Of A Corporate Keke Rider In Lagos / Lagos Police Dismiss 9 Police Officers & Demotes 25 Over Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by BGSM: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
I hope and I pray 🙏🏿 that this set of people will not add to the level of criminals in the society, another punishment should be giving to people in uniform order than dismissal

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by akinmusi(m): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2023
It looked harmless that day though
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Machinegun91(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
God will punish that Dutch rider

God will open another way for him
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by khattab02: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
nazicartel:
Nonsense. Why will they be dismissed?.... The ones that have killed people and termed it accidental discharge, not all have been dismissed. The Apo 6 that happened years ago, nothing happened.... Nonsense people. They should call them back , they didn't kill anyone. The bambiala wasn't an aggressive one... So, why then will they dismiss them...
By the way we as Nigerians have been complaining about how these police guys extort drivers. But nothing much, just because they're Nigerians. But e reach Oyibo turn and they sacked them

Lol.. 👍

Irony of life
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
I am certain they're full of regrets now
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by GoodGovernance: 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
It is who they catch be thief grin

There are so many other thieves, even in the hall grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by BigDawsNet: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2023
gbolswag:
This is unfair.....why did she post the video...anyway if it's what they deserve..it is well

She posted other country police and immigration too.. one of the african immigration she video dint ask for money but was asking for her number...

I think she's just posting dis video for documentation but it's pretty obvious it will hav consequences on this people that decided to take advantage of her
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Xinox: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Like they disbanded SARS tongue

I was shocked to hear that police has done with the officer cader recruitment. I never for once sight their advert of recruitment since 2020 or is only me that didn't see the publicity?
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by depure(m): 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2023
notmyrealmonika:
You see, this is why I get problem with us in the south. If this happen in the North the police officers won't be dismissed. It is embarrassing indeed but there are other punishments which can be metted on them.

I am not trying to justify their action but this is a country where corruption has eaten deep. The police men that harrased Nigerians, were they dismissed, hush puppy houseboy and his fellow police, were they dismissed? The police officer that killed the lawyer in Lagos, has he been killed... Na Yoruba dey do Yoruba....
Two families thrown into trouble and suffering because of what seems like a jovial gesture.
On camera?
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by faceland: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
The short one was being friendly but the tall one needs to be dismissed (because he became aggressive just before the camera turned off).

The short one was begging, the tall one switched to extortions mode.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Rebuker(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by SonOfDSoil01: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
notmyrealmonika:
You see, this is why I get problem with us in the south. If this happen in the North the police officers won't be dismissed. It is embarrassing indeed but there are other punishments which can be metted on them.

I am not trying to justify their action but this is a country where corruption has eaten deep. The police men that harrased Nigerians, were they dismissed, hush puppy houseboy and his fellow police, were they dismissed? The police officer that killed the lawyer in Lagos, has he been killed... Na Yoruba dey do Yoruba....
Two families thrown into trouble and suffering because of what seems like a jovial gesture.
Abeg shut up if you have nothing sensible to say…see how you are justifying nonsense? You should be ashamed sad

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
gbolswag:
This is unfair.....why did she post the video...anyway if it's what they deserve..it is well
I know someone will definitely bring dis angle up and I was right!

Pls leave d white lady alone, she is an hero!

Pls leave her out of ur mess of a con3!

angry
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by yommen: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
chigoziri2403:
At this rate, they will be dismissing ten per week

Don't be caught. That's the golden rule.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by faceland: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
notmyrealmonika:

The second tall guy started abusing his power towards the end (just before the video cut off, you can guess why the foreigner edited that part out). It started friendly but turned to the usual intimidation.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by percytargy: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Ejebleje:
Nairaland is back!
Am the most happiest man to see nairaland back again.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by ednut1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
socialmediaman:
Going by standards and performance, the entire NPF needs to be disbanded and re-hiring should follow strict guidelines, with graduates included in the hiring process
na by graduate?

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by abatically(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
Harsh, but maybe necessary. I watched the video, in fact I've watched all itchy boots adventures riding from benin Republic to Abuja through the remote areas. Now she's on her way to Cameroun. Yes the policeman asked her to give him money but it sounded more like a joke than demanding for it. But this should teach all those policemen a lesson, being at the checkpoint is not an avenue to demand for money from motorists.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by jissdon: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
That's good 😊
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Gainman: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
MichaelSokoto:
is total dismissal from d force not too harssh?

Some kind of suspension or fine would have been lenient naa!

d irony here is dat, those other policemen wey off d shirts of d constabularies, dem sef dey use dat same hand dey collect kpali from unsuspecting persons in d public, but na who dem catch be thief!

God help dem sha!
A very big lesson has bn learnt here by other policemen!

the funniest thing is the video is not a recent video. The poster of this video posted it as if it's recent. I have watched d video over a year but I don't know why they treated it as a new video
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Angelfrost(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2023
What a pity...!

Introduce body cams, and most of this nonsense will stop.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Rebuker(m): 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2023
Gainman:
the funniest thing is the video is not a recent video. The poster of this video posted it as if it's recent. I have watched d video over a year but I don't know why they treated it as a new video

It happened when she rode into Nigeria months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7v1hjycoS4
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by lhurd: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Gainman: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2023
Rebuker:

It happened when she rode into Nigeria months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7v1hjycoS4
I watched this video during Buhari govt.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by onyxo76(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
for their life, if they see any foreign person, dem go pick race.
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by SirLakes: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
Una still dey complain say dem sack dem

Ori yin ma wa ti buru bayi keee.....no one can please Nigerians grin

1 Like

Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Sunkyapogee(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
socialmediaman:
Going by standards and performance, the entire NPF needs to be disbanded and re-hiring should follow strict guidelines, with graduates included in the hiring process
Na graduate go Thief pass self
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by seunayantokun(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thief wey nobodi catch no be thief, the one wey them catch na im be criminal. For naija o.
Those one wey dey off shirt for person neck nko? Wetin them be?
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Rebuker(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2023
Gainman:
I watched this video during Buhari govt.

Big lie bro. This thing happened like 2 months ago and she didn't post the video until like 2 weeks ago. You want evidence?
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by bitingcool: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
Gainman:

even if it happened 3 million years ago. did they not attempt to extort her? what sort of gibberish is this?
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by Jlow2: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
When it’s done to Nigerians its acceptable but because it’s a tourist they re dismissed, eye service, international community will not still respect Nigeria, who was sacked for the Lekki toll gate killings? Rubbish
Re: Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider by UptownVibes(m): 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2023
If them come become armed robber or kidnapper now,the useless Dutch shit will be in her country to suffer in their hands o.. She has also implicated one soldier.. Guy go dey collect number for duty cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / What Is The Salary For Social Workers In Nigeria. Please Advice / Dispersing The Newly Recruited Nigeria Immigration Officers, Just OR Unjust?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.