Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

My Journey To Ikoyi Prison - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Journey To Ikoyi Prison (6312 Views)

Lady Studied Law To Get Her Father Out Of Prison (Photos) / All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / My Journey To Motherhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Ahnii(f): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2023
Are you an exconvict?
richiemcgold:
The op is 💯 right on that talent aspect. There are many talents & potentials rotting away in our prisons. Rappers, comedians, singers Dem plenty for prison. Many pastors and motivational speakers too.
Prisoners dey pray well well o. I mean very serious and powerful prayer sessions where inmates will go in trance and be speaking in tongues. You'll be wondering what exactly brought these kind of people to prison.
You seems to know alot.it takes an ex convict to know all these you listed.

No insult meant...

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by richiemcgold: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2023
Ahnii:
Are you an exconvict?

No insult meant...

You're very wrong with your assumption. I am a co-founder of an NGO. Because this is a faceless forum does not mean you can't come across high profile individuals here.

11 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Ahnii(f): 10:00am On Dec 24, 2023
richiemcgold:

You're very wrong with your assumption. I am a co-founder of an NGO. Because this is a faceless forum does not mean you can't come across high profile individuals here.
Thanks for the clarification!
Thumbs up!

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Foodqueen(f): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Ahnii:
Are you an exconvict?

No insult meant...

Don't say that

What he wrote up there, is what many people know

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Ahnii(f): 10:32am On Dec 24, 2023
Foodqueen:

Don't say that

What he wrote up there, is what many people know
Sweetie,I asked an innocent question and I m not akin to info he posted.

I never meant it to be an insult,Glad the gentleman did not take offence.

Merry Xmas Dear!
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Foodqueen(f): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2023
Ahnii:

Sweetie,I asked an innocent question and I m not akin to info he posted.

I never meant it to be an insult,Glad the gentleman did not take offence.

Merry Xmas Dear!

Same here. No offence intended.

Hope your broilers are matured for consumption or una don finish am before now.
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Ahnii(f): 11:57am On Dec 24, 2023
We don runnam.
Foodqueen:

Same here. No offence intended.

Hope your broilers are matured for consumption or una don finish am before now.
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Ajione(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hamachi:
Hmmm... This just took me back memory lane. Spent a week for a crime I knew nothing of. The only meal I ate was when a fellowship/church brought Jollof rice on Sunday.

The first day I got in, the 'Elder' called me and was giving me options of paying for better sleeping space. I dey form 'street', because it was in the afternoon and there were few persons in the cell. When it got to about 5/6pm (can't remember exactly) when the cell gates were to be locked, omo see people coming into that one cell. I fought tears that day.

Prison, Nigerian Prison I mean, is not a place you wish for your enemy, especially when you are unfortunate to be in 'jankara'...

For female inmates they use clothes or rags as pad cry

Rag,clothes as pad. Omo serious infections

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Foodqueen(f): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ahnii:
We don runnam.

😃😃

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2023
Some weeks back when the interior minister sourced for funds to pay inmates fine some bad belle people were saying FG paying FG.whats is values of the fine compared with the inhumane treatment people were facing in the prison across the nation

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by jaszplus12(m): 1:25am On Dec 25, 2023
Lance008:

Many Na hot temper
Been provoked
True! It's happened to me in 2015! Will tell the story soon...16 hours of emotional and physical torment...no part 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Acidosis(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
Some weeks back when the interior minister sourced for funds to pay inmates fine some bad belle people were saying FG paying FG.whats is values of the fine compared with the inhumane treatment people were facing in the prison across the nation

You can't blame them, please. You can't pay prisoners when majority of your youths are jobless, underpaid, and living a horrible life. Have you been to Makoko?

The horrible life outside the prisons is the main reason people get into prisons in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Acidosis(m): 7:22am On Dec 25, 2023
Eskoba:
Dear nairalanders, I appeal for any kind of financial assistance to help me buy a Christmas cloths for my kid, he's five years incase there's anyone who can give out a cloth and shoe to him. I will resume my story tomorrow 🙏

BTW, someone sent me a mail and asked me to request for assistance here. He/she gave me some encouraging words and financial assistance also.

Pleading or begging for assistance is better than diverting company's money.

If you have to do this continuously until you find a job, please go ahead. But in case, an helper does not show up, never use your son as an excuse to return to Ikoyi prison. Christmas is not a deadline for anything.

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2023
Acidosis:

Pleading or begging for assistance is better than diverting company's money.

If you have to do this continuously until you find a job, please go ahead. But in case, an helper does not show up, never use your son as an excuse to return to Ikoyi prison. Christmas is not a deadline for anything.
thank you sir, I understand u perfectly

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by RenaissanceGuy: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2023
How come eskoba stopped just after someone told him she had earlier read exactly this same story on NL?? 🙄

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
How come eskoba stopped just after someone told him she had earlier read exactly this same story on NL?? 🙄
I didn't stop because anyone said anything. Besides there no thread like on nairaland, I'm only writing out my personal experience

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Silentgroper(m): 8:08am On Dec 27, 2023
Neddstark:

Eg, the psychopath kobojunkie
he/she is suffering from ADHD

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by fidelmarshal199: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Eskoba:
I didn't stop because anyone said anything. Besides there no thread like on nairaland, I'm only writing out my personal experience

Can you please continue the story? I've been refreshing this page since you stopped.
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

Can you please continue the story? I've been refreshing this page since you stopped.
I will definitely continue tomorrow sir🙏
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! The governor is able to seek permission to free inmates but not to improve condition of the inmates in the prisons? Continue! undecided

The one contributor above mentioned he took food stuff to the prison of his own to help alleviate their hunger but you wish for us to believe instead that a government able to work to free inmates cannot do even that much. lipsrsealed

To a police cell, not prison
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jan 02
illicit:
■ To a police cell, not prison
Is the Police cell under State government under control? undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 6:54pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
Is the Police cell under State government under control? undecided

Common

Police cell differs to prison

Anyone can take food to police cell so far as the police on counter duty or DCO allows it but if it's prison, there's protocol to be observed...

Someone in a cell is not a prisoner technically...

They don't even need pardon...
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Jan 02
illicit:
■ Common. Police cell differs to prison
Anyone can take food to police cell so far as the police on counter duty or DCO allows it but if it's prison, there's protocol to be observed...Someone in a cell is not a prisoner technically...They don't even need pardon...
Please carry this silly attempt enter corner somewhere. lipsrsealed
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
Please carry this silly attempt enter corner somewhere. lipsrsealed

U argue too much
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Jan 02
illicit:
U argue too much
If you can't don't bother engaging at all! lipsrsealed
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 7:05pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
If you can't don't bother engaging at all! lipsrsealed

That's the point

U argue about things u obviously don't and can't comprehend

U don't even know difference between cell and prison
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jan 02
illicit:
That's the point. U argue about things u obviously don't and can't comprehend
That is instead what you were attempting to do here and hence the reason why I say to you that if you don't know how to argue, don't bother engaging at all. Arguing isn't simply about saying anything that pops into your head but keeping in line with the thread of the discussion, among other things. undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
That is instead what you were attempting to do here and hence the reason why I say to you that if you don't know how to argue, don't bother engaging at all. undecided

The guy took food to his former cell mates

You were asking questions about Prison

U ve lost the argument already because u don't understand d premises so ur conclusion is off point
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Jan 02
illicit:
The guy took food to his former cell mates. You were asking questions about Prison. U ve lost the argument already because u don't understand d premises so ur conclusion is off point
Stop with the desperate attempt to assert relevance for what amounts to a brain fart in the discussion. The same Federal Police Agency which runs those cells runs the prisons. lipsrsealed
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! The governor is able to seek permission to free inmates but not to improve condition of the inmates in the prisons? Continue! undecided

The one contributor above mentioned he took food stuff to the [b][/b] PRISON of his own to help alleviate their hunger but you wish for us to believe instead that a government able to work to free inmates cannot do even that much. lipsrsealed

Not Prison

Its a police cell
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 7:17pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
Stop with the desperate attempt to assert relevance for what amounts to a brain fart in the discussion. The same Federal Police Agency which runs those cells runs the prisons. lipsrsealed

See mumu

U dont even know that warders don't work in police stations

Police men differs to warders

Are u ok at all?

Wtf is a federal police agency?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Jan 02
illicit:
■ See mumu U dont even know that warders don't work in police stations Police men differs to warders Are u ok at all? Wtf is a federal police agency?
Um.... see why I said you should stop pretending you are capable of doing what you are not. You are already calling yourself a mumu without even realizing it. undecided

Is the Nigerian Police run by the Federal Government aka a Federal Police agency or not? undecided
Are the Police cells operated by the State or the Federal Government? undecided

The obvious answer to the questions is Yes and Federal Government. So what part of this are you struggling with? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Member Arraigned For Abandoning 14-day-old Baby / I Need A Break. This Is Insane / My Wife Is The Reason For My Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.