Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

My Journey To Ikoyi Prison - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Journey To Ikoyi Prison (6310 Views)

Lady Studied Law To Get Her Father Out Of Prison (Photos) / All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / My Journey To Motherhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by illicit(m): 7:36pm On Jan 02
Kobojunkie:
Um.... see why I said you should stop pretending you are capable of doing what you are not. You are already calling yourself a mumu without even realizing it. undecided

Is the Nigerian Police run by the Federal Government aka a Federal Police agency or not? undecided
Are the Police cells operated by the State or the Federal Government? undecided

The obvious answer to the questions is Yes and Federal Government. So what part of this are you struggling with? lipsrsealed

No dey argue or making up non existing jargons

Police is police

Warder is warder

Cell differs to prison

Case closed

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jan 02
illicit:
No dey argue or making up non existing jargons Police is police Warder is warder Cell differs to prison Case closed
Again, That is instead what you were attempting to do here and hence the reason why I say to you that if you don't know how to argue, don't bother engaging at all. Arguing isn't simply about saying anything that pops into your head but keeping in line with the thread of the discussion, among other things. undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by elmagnifico411(m): 7:51pm On Jan 02
Make Una allow person wey dey write story finish up, una no go gree.. I too know they worry many people for this nairaland. Na so somebody say em don read the story before, but he/she no kuku tell us how the story take end. Na wa oh.. we too know for this country , but in all our knowings, we nor get result to show. Naija people matter tire m

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Silentgroper(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02
illicit:

See mumu

U dont even know that warders don't work in police stations

Police men differs to warders

Are u ok at all?

Wtf is a federal police agency?

omoh you get strength oo

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 9:15am On Jan 06
rdsco:
Sorry about your experience.

I'm guessing F ward is where H-money, mompha, white people, politicians, killaboi and other rich criminals are taken to where they use phones, "conjugal visits" and other amenities.
exactly
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 9:17am On Jan 06
Mu story continues today, sorry for keeping u guys waiting. I was trying to put my life in order
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 9:40am On Jan 06
I don't know where I stopped, but story continues.

Like I earlier said, foods served in prison were so bad. Imagine government placing all inmates on 750 naira feeding allowances each and all the prison services could provide is a watery beans with no ingredients with stones as meat for breakfast, a stony rice with water looking tasteless stew or half made eba with egusi that tastes like vomit with no meat for lunch, and a raw garri with no provision for sugar and water for dinner. This food are what is respected everyday for inmates EXCEPT a church or Ngo or a rich former inmates bring a jollof rice and sometimes noodles to feed few inmates which not everyone is lucky to get, depends on smartness and orientation.

Did I forget to metion, anything u want to do in prison u must have money, Yeah u heard me right. If u don't have someone to send u money then u are done for in prison unless if u are a very unshy and hardworking person, then maybe probably u can do some work for some rich folks in prison and earn some little cash.
You will pay to come out of ur cell and get fresh air.

The craziest thing is some inmates already see the prison and a business place hence they don't want their freedom any longer. They are doing businesses in there and sending money to their families outside. You will see food sellers, little provisions store, marijuana sellers, ponmo sellers, pos and lots more.

The craziest part is, how do the marijuana sellers get their stuffs? Some of them got there due to hard drug business, meanwhile prison is for rehabilitation but why are they still allowed to do the business that brought them in there? I guess it's a Nigeria thing.

For the pos, some charge 10 percent of the amount ur family send to u, some charge 20 percent. Depends on who u deal with. Those all these are going on codedly.
Phones are not allowed in prisons, but I can tell u for sure that phones are sold in prison, lol😂😂. Those guys are crazy!

Almost all old inmates have a personal phone in there. And once u want to make call they charge u one way or another.

Did I forget to mention, they play baba ijebu in there😂😂😂 though it's an online thing. This particular uses a baba ijebu ussd code on his phone has is charged for every transaction made, same way he charges all who he plays for.

A whole lot of weird things happening in Nigeria correctional centre. I will come back to continue

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by rdsco(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Blacklion3: 5:31am On Jan 07
Kobojunkie:
Again, That is instead what you were attempting to do here and hence the reason why I say to you that if you don't know how to argue, don't bother engaging at all. Arguing isn't simply about saying anything that pops into your head but keeping in line with the thread of the discussion, among other things. undecided
grin grin Kobojunkie no dey insult before but 2024 is different.
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 7:10pm On Jan 07
rdsco:

How do inmates smoke marijuana and the wardens no go smell ham?
Damn
they have been bribed, what do u think? That place has become a business hub for them
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jan 07
Eskoba:
they have been bribed, what do u think? That place has become a business hub for them
What did you all do when there was no church or mosque service during the day though? Absolutely nothing? No rehabilitation training? lipsrsealed
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 8:39pm On Jan 07
Kobojunkie:
What did you all do when there was no church or mosque service during the day though? Absolutely nothing? No rehabilitation training? lipsrsealed
there are two churches and one mosque in ikoyi prison, And they do worship everyday. And yes there is rehab, but I think they select those who needs rehab
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Jan 07
Eskoba:
there are two churches and one mosque in ikoyi prison, And they do worship everyday. And yes there is rehab, but I think they select those who needs rehab
Tell us, what is rehab? And how are those to partake in it chosen? undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 8:47pm On Jan 07
Kobojunkie:
Tell us, what is rehab? And how are those to partake in it chosen? undecided
the rehab session takes place. They have a room where a particular warder talks to inmates, they sing together, learn musical instruments, do tech trainings.
I remember I wanted to partake but I was asked to meet a particular warder to pay a fee and also go through some other process so I lost interest.
Like I said in previous post, if u don't have money u will suffer in that place
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jan 07
Eskoba:
the rehab session takes place. They have a room where a particular warder talks to inmates, they sing together, learn musical instruments, do tech trainings. I remember I wanted to partake but I was asked to meet a particular warder to pay a fee and also go through some other process so I lost interest. Like I said in a previous post, if u don't have money u will suffer in that place
WOW! I mean you were convicted and sentenced to just 13 months and put in prison? undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 8:59pm On Jan 07
Kobojunkie:
WOW! I mean you were convicted and sentenced to just 13 months and put in prison? undecided
I wasn't convicted, I was there pending my bail was perfected
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jan 07
Eskoba:
I wasn't convicted, I was there pending my bail was perfected
In Prison? Or Jail? undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Eskoba: 9:06pm On Jan 07
Kobojunkie:
In Prison? Or Jail? undecided
egbami oo😢

Which one is prison or jail. I was sha in ikoyi correctional center for a year awaiting trial

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Jan 07
Eskoba:
egbami oo😢 Which one is prison or jail. I was sha in ikoyi correctional center for a year
🤣🤣🤣 You didn't see the debate we had on whether you were in Jail or Prison? undecided
A jail is a place to imprison (hold) someone, typically someone who has been convicted of a minor offense or someone who is awaiting trial for the crime they are accused of having committed (or someone who is awaiting a transfer to another detention facility). The word jail implies that the period of incarceration (imprisonment or confinement) is relatively short and that the facility itself is somewhat small—perhaps only having a handful of cells.

Such facilities are often those below the level of a state or federal facility, such as a county jail. The word jail is also likely to be used in even smaller facilities, such as the cells at a local police station.

The phrase in jail can refer to being confined in such a place specifically, but it’s more often used in a general way to simply indicate that someone is incarcerated, regardless of what kind of facility they’re being held in, as in If he’s convicted, he’ll be in jail for at least 10 years.

The word jail is also used to refer to the consequence of incarceration If we get caught, it’ll be jail for both of us.

Jail is also used as a verb meaning to put or hold someone in jail, as in She was jailed for 10 days while awaiting trial.
So, you were in Jail for all that time and you received nearly no rehabilitation? No books or anything to keep you busy when you were not church-ing or mosque-ing? Na wa oo! undecided
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by rdsco(m): 8:01am On Jan 08

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by lavylilly: 12:38pm On Jan 24
undecided
rdsco:

Why am I even asking this rhetoric question?
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by ocheketurah: 5:15pm On Jan 25
cheesy
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Silentgroper(m): 11:17pm On Jan 25
Naso kobo junkie do chase op away ...

Well the junkie at the back of its username isn't for anything .. ya'll Should know whenever it gets like that . It's high on shrooms..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Windscribe: 9:36am On Jan 26
Kobojunkie:
Stop with the desperate attempt to assert relevance for what amounts to a brain fart in the discussion. The same Federal Police Agency which runs those cells runs the prisons. lipsrsealed
This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by Hopez456(m): 11:23am On Jan 26
Eskoba:
egbami oo😢

Which one is prison or jail. I was sha in ikoyi correctional center for a year awaiting trial
Please continue your story, some of us are following with keen interest.
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by ocheketurah: 3:15pm On Feb 06
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by 2FlowZ(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07
OC larva (in charge of lavatory where we shit and bathe)
Just making correction to OC lamba

OC water in charge of water

OC food in charge of food

Eskoba:
It was my turn to call my family, I knew I don't have to call except my mother but I didn't wish to call her because I knew how was feeling when I was taken into prison also with the fact she will be in hospital to be with my son, but I still had to call her and I explained the situation in there to her which she eventually sent 4k to the account provided by the cell leaders.

The cell marshals consist of

Section 1- he's the head of the cell>
02 - he's the deputy>
DPO- he takes down names and registration of new inmates brought to the cell>
OC Lamba- he's in charge of the water used in the cell
OC food- he's in charge of food shared to inmates in a cell.
Mopol- he's in charge of beating inmates in cell.

So after my mom sent the money I was still beaten because they asked I pay a minimum of 25k. My 4k was gone.

Later that evening, Muslims in d cell were asked to do their prayers then Christian also did theirs, all in the cell, they all had their sessions.

Trust me, especially the Christians, there were alot of talents in prison, ranging from drummers to singers to preachers. I was also a talent Cus I'm a very good drummer and singer.

After the prayers, then our main suffering begun, it was time to sleep.

Imagine a room with over 200+ grown ups to sleep excluding those who paid to be on bed. Those who didn't pay were asked to sleep on the floor, packed like sardine (they call it jankara) it was the hell I was talking about.

I'm coming back to tell this part cry
Re: My Journey To Ikoyi Prison by 2FlowZ(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07
I used to say or think this too till on Dec24 2023 police arrested 8 of us for crime we knew nothing about at Muyiwa Opaleye surulere. They said we beat up police officers but we weren’t even in that scene, before we could say jack we have been remanded at Ikoyi prisons and was there till Last week Friday when the court granted us bail, 3 of my case mates are still there because they don’t have sureties for the bail and we have been sourcing for funds to help them get sureties at the court…..
Just thread with care and anywhere you see violence or fight or crime just flee, no let your face show else dem fit tag you offense wey you no do. If not for God, family and well wishers we for dey there 5yrs, Dpp alone dey take 2yrs but ours was very fast cuz huge amount was spent. God Bless

CHRISTFUCKER:

Nothing fit carry me prison or cell upon all the crimes I day commit

E be like say na my innocent face

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas Was More Fun As Child. / NYSC Member Arraigned For Abandoning 14-day-old Baby / I Need A Break. This Is Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.