Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery (14531 Views)

Por Harcourt Refinery Rushes To Meet December Deadline, Serious Work Going On / You Are Not An Engineer: Tinubu Aide Replies Obasanjo On Port Harcourt Refinery / Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by integrity16(m): 6:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Great development, at least naira would gain some strength against the dollar.
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Bluntemperor: 6:07am On Dec 22, 2023
tuader:
Awon ole

Time for you to have hope and New Horizon!
Do you think bringing back dead to life na beer palour matters but instead change your dispositions and believe in a New Nigeria!
This Port-Harcourt is for real!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by SmartyPants(m): 6:08am On Dec 22, 2023
Basicend:
Through out 8 years of Buhari tenure, he never completed the rehabilitation of any of the national refineries.

He gathered all the dollars in Nigeria and gave it to Dangote to go a float a new refinery.

Buhari is hyper-miles the worst vegetable a President can be. So poor and terrible in competence.

If we can get like 3 or 4 vibrant refineries working in Nigeria within the next 2 years, perhaps price can reduce.

This rehabilitation has been going on since 2021.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by slowice(m): 6:14am On Dec 22, 2023
I can't believe this liars till cheaper product flood portharcourt. Can't trust the devil

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by dalongjnr: 6:15am On Dec 22, 2023
All the credit goes to Buhari. He was a nationalist.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by nedu666: 6:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Benwallt:

You loved Nigeria and you will eat from the good fruit of the land. As for those emissaries of rift, bad news,and death in their own country, their day will never break, they will continually laboured in vain, erosion will continue the destruction of their land and the good things in this government will never be their portion.

What a joker and a clown. Those eating from the fruits of the land are not on Nairaland or twitter defending the country. Even their children and wives who are eating are not up by 5a.m defending Nigeria. They left the job to poor suffer head omoshe like you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by nairalanda1(m): 6:23am On Dec 22, 2023
Basicend:
Through out 8 years of Buhari tenure, he never completed the rehabilitation of any of the national refineries.

Except that most of the refineries we are opening now started construction work under his regime

He gathered all the dollars in Nigeria and gave it to Dangote to go a float a new refinery.

Actually, no.

Dangote refinery was begun in 2014. The contract for the refinery was signed in 2013. Most of the financing came from foreign banks and local banks and the African Development Bank. Dangote also put up 3 bn dollars of his own money. CBN did also provide loans...to the tune of some billions of naira. Not dollars.

Also, if Buhari did as you said, that would have meant that no salaries would have been paid, no projects would have been executed, and Nigerians would have literally starved during his regime. I mean...people would be starving to death in the millions.

Buhari is hyper-miles the worst vegetable a President can be. So poor and terrible in competence.

Buhari was not a good president. I can agree with this for many reasons.
If we can get like 3 or 4 vibrant refineries working in Nigeria within the next 2 years, perhaps price can reduce.
[/quote]

Which is possible if there is no subsidy and if fuel is sold at market price. Like they do in other sane countries.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Caseless: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2023

Similarly, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri, said the milestone is another landmark of the renewed hope agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Give Buhari his credit. This rehabilitation started 2 years ago and I don't think the present administration has released any funds to that effect.

Give Buhari his flowers.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Caseless: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2023
Basicend:

Buhari did this one. Give him his props. This was started 2 years ago. This administration is just 6 month old.

He did his best.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Fujiyama: 6:42am On Dec 22, 2023
grin

One would have thought that by now...Nigerians would have developed some sort of healthy skepticism towards their government and what it says. Apparently not.

The deal was that before the end of this month, that refinery complex would do what refineries are supposed to do...you know...refine stuff. There is no real indication that this will actually happen before the self imposed deadline. undecided

Eight days to the final deadline. The refinery has not rolled out one drop of AGO, PMS, DPK or whatever. It is not likely to do so before the deadline. And...the propagandists have rolled out the drums to celebrate...with the dancing girls gyrating and doing their thing...because one phase of what should be routine maintenance has been completed. undecided

The federal government is in the business of selling pipe dreams and clearly, there are many, many buyers. Godammit, I wish my customers had one hundredth of the loyalty gullibility of the people of this land.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Henrychino(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2023
Continue to hope on the Tinubu regime till u get older.a country where the poor masses are dying of hunger everyday giving fake promises...what a Christmas to remember

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Henrychino(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Continue to hope on the Tinubu regime till u get older.a country where the poor masses are dying of hunger everyday giving fake promises...what a Christmas to remember?
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Benwallt(m): 6:59am On Dec 22, 2023
nedu666:

What a joker and a clown. Those eating from the fruits of the land are not on Nairaland or twitter defending the country. Even their children and wives who are eating are not up by 5a.m defending Nigeria. They left the job to poor suffer head omoshe like you

Why are you shedding hot tears. Let me do my work and face yours. Aproko

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by GBJakes(m): 7:01am On Dec 22, 2023
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by viodemus: 7:02am On Dec 22, 2023
Renovation is not maintenance. Maintenance is an ongoing thing. Renovation is a once in a while thing.

Either way, they should stop playing games and really renovate the ph refinery. And we hope that the American refineries go to the SE, abeg, let us not drag feet on that. They should be encouraged to do that.
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Benwallt(m): 7:04am On Dec 22, 2023
CrossRhodes:

As for those who support electoral malpractice and fake judgement and INEC abracadabra, may they never see any good in this life.

AMEEEEEN. Those who never won election and claimed to have won will continually be in disarry, their houses will never be in order. Can I hear a loud amen?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by sonofthunder: 7:10am On Dec 22, 2023
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by matm: 7:25am On Dec 22, 2023
Biodun556:
N

77.4 work completed in two years.
What an average Nigerian will be glad to hear is that the refinery is now functional and dt fuel, kerosene prices have come down.
That's all and not percentage
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2023
Fujiyama:
grin

One would have thought that by now...Nigerians would have developed some sort of healthy skepticism towards their government and what it says. Apparently not.

The deal was that before the end of this month, that refinery complex would do what refineries are supposed to do...you know...refine stuff. There is no real indication that this will actually happen before the self imposed deadline. undecided

Eight days to the final deadline. The refinery has not rolled out one drop of AGO, PMS, DPK or whatever. It is not likely to do so before the deadline. And...the propagandists have rolled out the drums to celebrate...with the dancing girls gyrating and doing their thing...because one phase of what should be routine maintenance has been completed. undecided

The federal government is in the business of selling pipe dreams and clearly, there are many, many buyers. Godammit, I wish my customers had one hundredth of the loyalty gullibility of the people of this land.

I was reading through the comments, it then seemed as if I read previous news wrongly, as no one could remember this same thing you pointed out

The information before today was that it'll "START PRODUCTION" in December, but nothing in Kyari said indicated such... Is it that people have short term memories or what?
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Nauttyprof(m): 7:31am On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

If you are thinking that prices will fall, forget about it

NNPC is now a private company. Which means theoretically speaking it has to raise its own money. Which means fuel has to be sold at market price, not at subsidised price.

If it doesn't fall, it will be stable. If we can achieve stability in the price of fuel, then, this is a good achievement too.

Critics who always look for every reason to criticise

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Allthelight: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2023
The news say it is yet to be completed.. All these pro tinubu fans sah
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by AbujaLagos: 7:40am On Dec 22, 2023
Ope oooo
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by BabaO2: 7:41am On Dec 22, 2023
obasanjo will be frustrated with this news.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by santuspearl: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Them right now.

I mean enemies of state.

Some of you will just be showing your ignorance on nairaland, did you even read and understand the post or you just rush to display your ignorance, Nigerians want a working country, but you lots think it's about APC and ethnicity.. continue, hope you have eaten today..
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Sunmolar(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Mechanically completed!
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Enaibe01: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2023
Seeing is believing. Hope it will start producing asap

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by MightySparrow: 8:17am On Dec 22, 2023
stallionng:
That's a cheery and beautiful news,hoping it's really what they said,not audio work.
Congratulations in advance for the full completion and starting work.

Tinubu is not a person like that. I was Obidient as a yoruba man until igbos began to abuse everything yoruba. I knew Tinubu would perform but I thought we need a change from the old people.

As we are talking now, projects are ongoing in sixty -two locations on electricity. Many other things simultaneously.

Tinubu is capable of fixing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Idadurun: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2023
Both the management of NNPC Limited and the Federal Government are out to deceive Nigerians again. What kind of irresponsible government do we have in this country.

Our journalists shouldn't be part of this government irresponsible act of dishonesty to the country and people. Journalist should please conduct investigative journalism and tell Nigerians your unbiased findings. It's unfortunate.

I thought Tinubu will be a better president than Buhari but I doubt.
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Sucre7: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2023
When this mele kyari leave office, his evil would be more than what emeifefe- lele ever thought of doing
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by tabaralph: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2023
post=127567038:
Slow and steady,
We will get to the nation of our dreams.
A land flowing with milk and honey.

God bless you
We shall eat the fruits of this land together, Nigeria shall be great again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Biodun556(m): 9:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Omalicious1:

Let's not forget that the MD of NNPCL had said the price of fuel wouldn't go down despite all the refinery
Re: NNPC Completes Maintenance On Port Harcourt Refinery by Vadese1: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2023
Are this people really playing with our intelligent. What a misery country. Aoc government is evils. Tinubu is the worst to rule this country. The people of Nigeria want to see productions in the refinery, not this nonsense talk you are saying. Before now Tinubu government has told that operations will start December this year on the refinery. So why the change of language again. Nobody want to know whether you repair the mechanical or the hydraulic sections of the refinery. What People are interested of is the production. I know this refinery will work till 2025. Is just politics they are playing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Felix Ibru Buried In Ughelli (photos) / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Honorary Doctorate Degree At Igbinedion University / Akpabio: My First Grandchild Died Due To Neglect At A Government Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.