Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator (22546 Views)

Ribadu Summons CBN Investigator, Jim Obazee, Orders Return Of All Govt Property / CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal / Emefiele: CBN Investigator’s Report False, Naira Redesign Had Buhari's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by jaybee3(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2023
Deefirm:
Won't glorify you with insult, however, we await to see the part of the report that clearly state that he gained undue financial advantage from the proceed or returns of those transaction or the transaction itself. Emefiele is not a saint, no doubt, but clearly misrepresenting facts is wrong Oga bigger Dunce.

Okay, you’ve shifted goal post so we are clearly making progress!!!
Circumventing policies/procedures are engineered ways to perpetuate fraud. The only person that can declare someone guilty of fraud is a competent court but the optics looks bad

In any case, the fact that he unilaterally did things without permission would ordinarily result in dismissal and fraud investigation

Just to get you to start thinking outside of the box, one of the reason why TSA was being championed in the past was to ensure govt funds are being deposited in FD accounts to generate revenue for select individuals and misery for the populace. This was the common practice back in them days
Him being alleged to have saved ‘em funds in FD accounts means the interest is probably being diverted to select individuals. That’s the fraud triangle ish i previously talked about

Another example is a scheme that people often device to get around approval/invoice limit is when they ensure whatever they are approving is always slightly below the limit. A roundsum or combination of benford anomalous test can often flag the behavior as suspicious (compliance issues) and it’s the responsibility of investigators to determine the primary beneficiaries and proceed to prosecution
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by DesChyko: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2023
Alaigbo:
You igbos gang up to report Nairaland to teach the mumu seun a lesson no other perosn is responsible.

All tribal bigots should flee from my presence, please!

We don't dine on the same table. Find lesser men like you.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Ykc2(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2023
Godoverevery:

So what is your point exactly??

Emefele should tell the judge is just an errand boy or better still you can help me pass the information since you know better.
where is air nigeria ?let's start with former minister of aviation ,all of una no serious for that country,this is how buhari locked up Alex ekwueme who the vice president while shagari who is the president was giving house arrest,na omaliko go soda all of una yash for thar country
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Verbtips(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2023
modernWays:

His sins are numerous, aside the fact that he oversaw what you should be called a worse economy in the history of Nigeria, he also added salt to the wound by wanting to contest for president while still in service.

The king of them all was Naira redesigned policy, which kill many and almost cost the current government the victory. We all know the fight against corruption is partial and only base on favourism in Nigeria democratic setting, but if you can study the event that led to recent general election very well, you will discover that this particular person " Emefiele " has stepped on a sleeping viper, and could be fatally bites.

If I was in the same shoe with Tinubu, I will do the same.
gee you are on point
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Godoverevery: 10:12am On Dec 22, 2023
Ykc2:
where is air nigeria ?let's start with former minister of aviation ,all of una no serious for that country,this is how buhari locked up Alex ekwueme who the vice president while shagari who is the president was giving house arrest,na omaliko go soda all of una yash for thar country

Now I get your point.

Emefele Is an igbo man that why he is in jail.

Everyone hate an igbo Man while he love Everyone.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by donmik: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2023
unitysheart:
Omo. This Emefiele man is a hardened criminal. The level of brazen theft under him is unprecedented.

Sponsored by Buhari who fused in Tunibu abi Tinubu. I tire to pronounce that name wey no Yoruba person don ever bear
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by donmik: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2023
Emery... May God forgive Buhari of his irreparable devastation to every sector of the country
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Ykc2(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2023
Godoverevery:

Now I get your point.

Emefele Is an igbo man that why he is in jail.

Everyone hate an igbo Man while he love Everyone.
I don't know igbo man did not keep nigeria in this situations , yorubas and northerners should explain to us what happened to nigeria
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by unitysheart(m): 10:19am On Dec 22, 2023
lexy2014:
that is not what I asked you:

how do you believe that Emefiele had 539 foreign accounts?

I choose to believe what I believe. You don't need to question me.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Godoverevery: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2023
Ykc2:
I don't know igbo man did not keep nigeria in this situations , yorubas and northerners should explain to us what happened to nigeria

Keep manufacturing fake drinks and fake drugs.

Your state governors,senators and house reps members are excluded abi

The joke is on you
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Cmeo(m): 10:23am On Dec 22, 2023
lexy2014:
and you believe that he had 539 accounts. why is NNPC not being probed?

The news report before you and I is CBN and not NNPC sir, so no need to refer us to it now (even though I read it that Edin has called for it). 539 accounts may not be true but it so obvious Emeliefe ruined Nigeria treasury
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by lexy2014: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2023
Cmeo:

The news report before you and I is CBN and not NNPC sir, so no need to refer us to it now (even though I read it that Edin has called for it). 539 accounts may not be true but it so obvious Emeliefe ruined Nigeria treasury

did I ask you if "Emefile ruined Nigeria treasury"?

but since you brought it up, how did Emefiele ruin Nigeria treasury?

if you say "The news report before you and I is CBN", what is wrong in asking "why is NNPC not being probed" since you say Emefiele did bonanza with Nigeria's treasury?
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by lexy2014: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2023
unitysheart:

I choose to believe what I believe. You don't need to question me.
that's not what I asked you:

Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Actuarydeji(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2023
You're one of the problem of this country!
NaijaCowFarm:

You guys should keep deceiving yourselves. Did Emefiele open any account in the name of GODWIN EMEFIELE?
Did he collect interest in any account in his name or did he hedge against currency depreciation?
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Charly68: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2023
Emefiele is fraud personified ..only God knows what he wanted after becoming an MD of a great bank and moved on to become the CBN Governor ,when he didn't know what to do with money he ventured to become the President of the nation.. he would have sold the nation if he succeeded in his wildest dream
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by unitysheart(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2023
lexy2014:
that's not what I asked you:

It is none of your business how I believe whatever. Face front abeg.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by lexy2014: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2023
unitysheart:

It is none of your business how I believe whatever. Face front abeg.

Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by eminemkayc: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2023
The fraud that went on during Godwin's reign at the apex bank is the same fraud going on now. Reading through the news writeup it is clear that Buhari didn't know what was going on in his government due to lack of inherent skill, capacity and eagle eye to review, finer details, documents that came across for his endorsement. The same fraud is currently going on in this government. It will take a disciplined, younger and patriotic technocrat to stir the ship of affairs of this country in order to reduce these kinds of graft. These older politicians who do not even possess the requisite basic IT skills and/or diversified knowledge to review and take decisive decisions based on personal research on the subject matter on his desk, before even consulting aides, have been at the helm of affairs in the last 16 years and have contributed to the destruction of our economy via the direct or indirect enabling of graft due to their gross ineptitude!! If the current chap manning the affairs of the interior ministry, for e.g, was the president, I doubt some of these would have happened, if he is a patriotic and detriblised citizen.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by EmekaBlue(m): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2023
Vello:

Same reason Ojukwu walked free
Same reason Nnamdi Azikiwe walked free

Same reason Goodluck and Patience Jonathan are walking free

Bunch of ethnic apologists
You no well
Mr man go relax...at this modern age if not of super bad law in the judiciary. Buhari is suppose to be in jail like South African ex presido

Nigeria seems doomed
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by LegacyB: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2023
[quote author=lexy2014 post=127569158]that is not what I asked you:

how do you believe that Emefiele had 539 foreign accounts?[/quote
Ask google!
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by LegacyB: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2023
[quote author=LegacyB post=127572203][/quote]
Ask google!
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Xinox: 11:53am On Dec 22, 2023
If every leader in Nigeria is responsible, poverty will won't be in Nigeria again. I can tell you for free, PBAT took Emefiefe matter personal for what the Ex-CBN governor put him and Nigerians through and history will not be kind to him.

My submission is simple : A Buhari shouldn't happen to Nigeria again! Nigerians seems to forget in a hurry but Buhari administration has taken Nigeria 15 years backwards. If PBAT open the can of all Buhari appointees, the money that can be recovered could finance Nigerian budget PBAT knows this. Atleast he is not a fool.

While I am not supporting PBAT for the hardship Nigerians face today, even a president OBI would struggle after inheriting Buhari administration.

I can tell you for free that what took Nigeria 15x backward wasn't just corruption. It was corruption and incompetence.

People keep pointing accusing fingers at senators but I can tell you for free, the must corrupt entities in Nigeria are CBN, NNPCL before any other.

Nigerians, I mean people that are not rewarded in this country that pain me so much are pensioners, teachers and lecturers. Look at the money one office holder looted? This is enough to pay lectures and make them comfortable.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by YourGFsnatcher: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2023
lexy2014:

you didnt answer his question.

why is it that Emefiele is the only one being persecuted among all the officials of the Buhari administration?

Maybe your were in Mars when Bawa was arrested and "unlawfully" detained.

I know people like you, u only chose the side that suits you and overlook the other.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by lexy2014: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Maybe your were in Mars when Bawa was arrested and "unlawfully" detained.

I know people like you, u only chose the side that suits you and overlook the other.

how was Bawa "unlawfully" detained?

did he not commit any crime?

what was the outcome of his arrest?

why is it that Emefiele is the only one being persecuted among all the officials of the Buhari administration?
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Friend22(m): 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

You guys should keep deceiving yourselves. Did Emefiele open any account in the name of GODWIN EMEFIELE?
Did he collect interest in any account in his name or did he hedge against currency depreciation?

It's either you are deliberately being mischievous because he is from your tribe, state or region, or you just want to sound irresponsibly stupid (which maybe true from the way you sound).
Either way, keep lapping it up.

If you know the people that lost their loved ones because this irresponsible and insensitive decisions you will close your mouth and be remorseful over it.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Cajal(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

Is the board of CBN aware?
In ur language...did he inform the board ?

Is going to wrath in jail
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by southernbelle(f): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
The brazenness of it all!! May Emefiele and his co-conspirators never end well for taking advantage of Nigeria and Nigerians, AMEN.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Wuless82(m): 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Emefiele operated 593 illegal US, UK, China accounts – CBN investigator

https://punchng.com/emefiele-operated-593-illegal-us-uk-china-accounts-cbn-investigator/

Them for bring this man out make we stone am
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Ykc2(m): 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
Godoverevery:

Keep manufacturing fake drinks and fake drugs.

Your state governors,senators and house reps members are excluded abi

The joke is on you
so igbos are the agbo sellers who are mixing grinded human skulls with agbo right?igbo started scam with name like oluwole right?if your in lagos go to apangbo under bridge buy any brandy or whisky from those yoruba women there your buying fake,go to iponri shopping complex buy beers in cartons they must mix some fake beers and yorubas are ones selling it ,so what ever bad you hear about Igbo people check well they learnt it from yoruba people
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by gaskiyamagana: 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

Bird of same feather.
Barao
Ole
Theif.
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by Abagworo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2023
Thrash
Re: Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator by unitysheart(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
lexy2014:

Mumu. Dey ask question like dodoyo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Fayose Is Ceaselessly Criticizing Buhari - APC / Ugbizi Michael, Appointed DIG By Acting IG Of Police (photo) / Ondo APC, PDP, SDP Chieftains Defect To Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.