Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University (43059 Views)

Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. / Lecturer Salary Package / See Uniport Last Update On Facebook. A Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by riczy(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
In all, oh Lord remember my FUTO application!
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by DrAda(f): 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
A friend of mine that got state teaching job received her first allowance after six months of working apart from her salary. Your allowances might be delayed doesn't mean it will not be paid, if your union really care about your well-being, they would have start pressuring those incharge.

Key difference is State. We are discussing Federal and therrnare no allowances
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by DrAda(f): 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
A friend of mine that got state teaching job received her first allowance after six months of working apart from her salary. Your allowances might be delayed doesn't mean it will not be paid, if your union really care about your well-being, they would have start pressuring those incharge.

Key difference is State. We are discussing Federal and there are no allowances
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Auskyd(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
I was once in the system compared to those private schools teachers that take more than one subjects having 32periods in a week, remember a single person is 45mins then do the calculation and compare with those lecturers we are talking about, don't come here to talk blindly.

I no go argue with who never dey the system before, so don't worry. Enjoy your delulu in peace.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by allthingsgood: 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
You forgot that they receive allowances something most people in private sector don't get. I earn more than them monthly, but with their allowances, I think they are still better than some in private sector, beside their work is stress free

Stop talking rubbish. No such thing as extra allowances. Everything is in your payslip which you are looking at.
And also, the work is not stress free
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nnamdi640: 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
DrAda:

Key difference is State. We are discussing Federal and there are no allowances
Federal workers are entitled to allowances, I have someone working in federal sector and this person testify to this.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by MyMouth(m): 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
Barrywilly:
This is not a bad salary considering the fact that Assistant Lecturership is meant for a fresh graduate with good grade like first class or 2.1. Are you saying 125k is too small for a fresh graduate to start life with? It is not too bad if not renewed shege induced inflation grin
Fresh gratuate is gratuate assistant, Assistant lecturer is an M.Sc holder
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nnamdi640: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2023
allthingsgood:

Stop talking rubbish. No such thing as extra allowances. Everything is in your payslip which you are looking at.
And also, the work is not stress free
You are the one posting rubbish. Can you compare their working time to a private schools teacher teaching two subjects and having 32periods in a week and remember that a period is 45mins, now do the calculation, how many assistant lecturers can work for such time, I was once in the system and I know how they work.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Trojan8(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2023
Gadafii:
I know a fresh graduate who is a HR trainee that earn above this

I was earning double as a GT grin
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by McLizbae: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
This na stupid talk bros! You mentioned allowance but you refuse to show proof of such allowance just the salary was shown here. Which allowance could you even be blabbing about? The academic earn allowance that the government have refused to pay for more than 5 years now?
nnamdi640:
You forgot that they receive allowances something most people in private sector don't get. I earn more than them monthly, but with their allowances, I think they are still better than some in private sector, beside their work is stress free
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Beverlyjean(f): 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
COMPAQ:

Is that your definition is sharp?

Unfortunately...that's the Nigerian understanding of being sharp
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by DrAda(f): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
Federal workers are entitled to allowances, I have someone working in federal sector and this person testify to this.

You have your so-called one or two persons as proof and yet i am literally surrounded by hundreds of such workers and not one of us has gotten an allowance in years. Stop with the jokes
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Opolopoopolonio: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
Yet they are still balling
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jamie1000: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
Barrywilly:
This is not a bad salary considering the fact that Assistant Lecturership is meant for a fresh graduate with good grade like first class or 2.1. Are you saying 125k is too small for a fresh graduate to start life with? It is not too bad if not renewed shege induced inflation grin

So, the fresh graduate won't pay for house rent?
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:
Yet they are still balling

With this salary or with other huzzle?
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Opolopoopolonio: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:

With this salary or with other huzzle?

Side hustle of course
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jamie1000: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
Sadly A 200k salary cannot give you a good family life, except you live alone. Transportation and feeding alone will take 100k if you eat mama put and enter along along.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
ppogba:

I just hope Oga realtor copy copy will learn one or two things from this.

You can imagine someone who claims to have four publications.

The mentality of a typical Nigerian for you. They only look in one direction and takes joy in denigrating the country. Yet, they have no where to go.

You are hear to support your government as usual, just as you support Erik Bin Laden at Man utd 🤣🤣🤣...

However bro, I know lecturers have other side huzzles...

My point here is that Lecturers are not earning what they are supposed the be earning... Compared to other professionals
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
Opolopoopolonio:

Side hustle of course

Hope you know some lecturers don't have side huzzles??

My point is pay lecturers well... So that they can focus
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by McLizbae: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ignorance can be louder than a jet engine bro. One up there just said Assistant Lecturer position is for fresh graduates. A position some don't get promoted to even after months of obtaining masters🤣🤣🤣
Auskyd:

Their work is stress free? Omo where did they bring you from
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by hawktamari: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
Na naija we dey anythin fit happen. person go just pray say make in own better.
My own go better IJN
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Ameduedwin: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Connect me sir
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Ameduedwin: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
SirLakes:

. which kind security be that, same bank security??
which One is same bank, which bank are you talking about?
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nnamdi640: 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
DrAda:

You have your so-called one or two persons as proof and yet i am literally surrounded by hundreds of such workers and not one of us has gotten an allowance in years. Stop with the jokes
Your union should push for the motion, is like you guys don't know your right. How will you now survive if your allowances are not paid, you can trigger this motion and let your fellow workers see reasons to this, then the person representing you guys in your union should be made to understand this.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by jumper524(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:
Lol... I even heard that some federal civil servants in level 8 and 9 earn lesser than this.

Thank God I never opted for lecturing job even after my master's and 4 publications 😬

As a self employed realtor alone, I earn more in month by just showing people apartments 😬
self employed realtor earning so high.. i no too dey beleive una type
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
jumper524:
self employed realtor earning so high.. i no too dey beleive una type

Depend on real estate company you sell for; and your own briefs.... I combine my maintenance services with Real estate
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
McLizbae:
Ignorance can be louder than a jet engine bro. One up there just said Assistant Lecturer position is for fresh graduates. A position some don't get promoted to even after months of obtaining masters🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by ppogba: 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:

You are hear to support your government as usual, just as you support Erik Bin Laden at Man utd 🤣🤣🤣...

However bro, I know lecturers have other side huzzles...

My point here is that Lecturers are not earning what they are supposed the be earning... Compared to other professionals

There is no professional in the public sector that is earning what is commensurate with their status. Doctors are complaining; Pharmacists are lamenting too.
However, to single out lecturers without the necessary research is what some of us are against.

Will love you to remind me where I supported Ten Hag.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
that what som pple dont realize... Like a Prof said academics or lecturing job any where in the world isn't a place to be super Rich.. he said students he taught earn times six working for multinationals but lecturing afford one Tim to do other tins some lecturers are consultants to outfits them.. agreed there are tins to be worked on like a situation where academics shouldn't spend much to publish papers... And they should be funded for research to... Those shouting how much students in federal school pay as skool charges that u expect lecturers to pay so huge with tax payers money.. I mean how many pple are in university by the Way..

1 Like

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nnamdi640: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
McLizbae:
This na stupid talk bros! You mentioned allowance but you refuse to show proof of such allowance just the salary was shown here. Which allowance could you even be blabbing about? The academic earn allowance that the government have refused to pay for more than 5 years now?
It seem you don't comprehend easily. You can say that the allowances are delayed but telling me that there is nothing like allowances should be out of this issue. It is now left for the union you belong to do the needful if they really care about your well-being. Again, stop using insulting words, that show how in mature one can be.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
teaching or lecturin isn't stress free though cos to teach isnt easy ooo... Let's say they have time for other tins
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by DrAda(f): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
Your union should push for the motion, is like you guys don't know your right. How will you now survive if your allowances are not paid, you can trigger this motion and let your fellow workers see reasons to this, then the person representing you guys in your union should be made to understand this.

It's been an ongoing battle. It's quite sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ali Shuaibu Baba, First Class Computer Science Graduate Who Slaughters Chickens / Neco Results For 2009/2010 Released! / List Of Words To Use Instead Of "Very"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.