Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University (43068 Views)

Assistant Lecturer In Lagos Or My 40k Salary In A Factory In Ibadan. / Lecturer Salary Package / See Uniport Last Update On Facebook. A Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by SirLakes: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ameduedwin:
which One is same bank, which bank are you talking about?
Security at the gate?? They earn like that?
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
ppogba:

There is no professional in the public sector that is earning what is commensurate with their status. Doctors are complaining; Pharmacists are lamenting too.
However, to single out lecturers without the necessary research is what some of us are against.

Will love you to remind me where I supported Ten Hag.

Doctors and pharmacists condition better pass lecturers.

Imagine a medical or engineering lecturer cannot buy a good car or even live in a good area except they indulge in sorting or extortion.

We need to fight for our lecturers. They deserve respect, they deserve to be paid well, and this will serve as a model for young people who want to take up lecturing jobs.

Many lecturers had to japa, and guess what they earned outside

Oh sorry, I thought you were a TenHag fan, the person Im supposed the refer to used a similar monicker.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nnamdi640: 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
teaching or lecturin isn't stress free though cos to teach isnt easy ooo... Let's say they have time for other tins
Now compare to a private school teacher teaching two subjects and having 35 periods in a week , a period is 45mins, what will you say about that. Again lecturing jobs is less stressed compare to the above scenario.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by McLizbae: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
It seem you don't comprehend easily. You can say that the allowances are delayed but telling me that there is nothing like allowances should be out of this issue. It is now left for the union you belong to do the needful if they really care about your well-being. Again, stop using insulting words, that show how in mature one can be.

But bros, it will be wicked to still quote that federal university lecturers get allowances. There are University lecturers that have worked for more than 10 years, and never recieved the EAA once. The last money released by Buhari for EAA payments was for back logs from 2011 to 2013 (January). Most of people employed from 2013 February till date never received anything as EAA.

1 Like

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by 642akintoye: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
That's true. I pay close to 65k as PAYE to one useless state government that I have never benefited one basic thing from.That's true. I pay close to 65k as PAYE to one useless state government that I have never benefited one basic thing from....
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nairalanda1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

Do you have proof for this? Or are you just insinuating this?

Again....go back to the 80s...I said Malaysia and Thailand made use of the little they had and became superpower nations in making seeds. This is just an example. Look at the state of education of these nations in the 80s and check if they were well funded then. Lol.

That's less a discussion on education, and more a discussion on industrialization, and changing economic paradigm from resource dependency to diversified economy.(which is a discussion that I would love to have, but we will be here till the sun comes down...especially as it is something that pisses me off about Nigeria).

P.S You should stop using abusive language too much. You can make your point without using the word olodo.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
Now compare to a private school teacher teaching two subjects and having 35 periods in a week , a period is 45mins, what will you say about that. Again lecturing jobs is less stressed compare to the above scenario.
in teaching line the toughest is Those who teach at primary skool the easy one is the university or college but then to impact isn't easy so it's not that stress Free but they have time to do other tins...
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by narite: 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
airsaylongcome:

₦125k is roughly $100. That's pittance for a fresh grad
What would say for fresh Grad earnings one/fifth of that? Go out and see for yourself.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by narite: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

To be honest, lecturers in Nigeria are not good. So, I don't see any reason they should earn more. Could you tell us how significant those 4 publications you have written? Lol. Nigerian publications are worthless. Innovations we are seeing are from publications and papers written by universities and research institutes. So, tell me, how many made-in-Nigeria publications have you heard that CEOs and CTOs make use of? If Nigerian publications aren't used by anyone, it means that they are worthless.

Lecturers teach old stuff here. Lol. Where are the papers they write? Lol. The very few ones performing attached themselves to universities abroad. Go and verify this.

So, why should they earn well? Tell me na. Why? No innovation, no discovery, no significant improvement. They are experts in sleeping with their daughters in schools...sex for grades. Lol.

If I was the president, I would find a way to make them earn less. Lol. cheesy
Lol…So much Hate. Lecturers must have terribly dealt with you while in school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by sacajawea: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Well ...the sharp ones will make about 800k a months after calling money from sorters

Yhh, they a lot of extra money, but is 800k not an overstatement?
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by epainos: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

That's less a discussion on education, and more a discussion on industrialization, and changing economic paradigm from resource dependency to diversified economy.(which is a discussion that I would love to have, but we will be here till the sun comes down...especially as it is something that pisses me off about Nigeria).

P.S You should stop using abusive language too much. You can make your point without using the word olodo.
Olodo is a dullard. I am not insulting them, but saying that they are dullards. What do you call anyone who calls himself a researcher and cannot think of some ways to make seeds for his nation? Is that person a genius?

Sir, they are olodo...as in dullards. And dullards don't get an increment in salary. So, you don't get that this is my point? A stupid president will raise the salary of those olodos. I wrote earlier...if I were the president, I would decrease it further and promote salary increments based on performance. Shikena.

And you want the Nigerian government to keep spending on them because the discussion is about education. Lol. So, the money they will collect is not from income from industries and profit from good economic policies...right? Ok oooo.

They are olodos. Period. And olodos don't deserve fat salaries. Shikena.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Beverlyjean(f): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
sacajawea:

I guess I exaggerated
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by McLizbae: 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2023
The system killed the Lecturers. It is even more difficult for a Nigerian public university lecturer to publish a worthless paper now!
epainos:

To be honest, lecturers in Nigeria are not good. So, I don't see any reason they should earn more. Could you tell us how significant those 4 publications you have written? Lol. Nigerian publications are worthless. Innovations we are seeing are from publications and papers written by universities and research institutes. So, tell me, how many made-in-Nigeria publications have you heard that CEOs and CTOs make use of? If Nigerian publications aren't used by anyone, it means that they are worthless.

Lecturers teach old stuff here. Lol. Where are the papers they write? Lol. The very few ones performing attached themselves to universities abroad. Go and verify this.

So, why should they earn well? Tell me na. Why? No innovation, no discovery, no significant improvement. They are experts in sleeping with their daughters in schools...sex for grades. Lol.

If I was the president, I would find a way to make them earn less. Lol. cheesy
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by epainos: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
narite:

Lol…So much Hate. Lecturers must have terribly dealt with you while in school.
Lol...So much bad radiance. The system must have dealt with you in your place of job that you see everything done in Naija as the normal way of life. grin
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Jokerman(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

Olodo is a dullard. I am not insulting them, but saying that they are dullards. What do you call anyone who calls himself a researcher and cannot think of some ways to make seeds for his nation? Is that person a genius?

Sir, they are olodo...as in dullards. And dullards don't get an increment in salary. So, you don't get that this is my point? A stupid president will raise the salary of those olodos. I wrote earlier...if I were the president, I would decrease it further and promote salary increments based on performance. Shikena.

And you want the Nigerian government to keep spending on them because the discussion is about education. Lol. So, the money they will collect is not from income from industries and profit from good economic policies...right? Ok oooo.

No this is wrong.

Do you know it's lecturers that trained many to be what they are today??

Lecturing job on itself is one of the the most important jobs on planet earth.

Nigerian lecturers try a lot.... I'm not a lecturer, but I know what they do.... They deserve the be appreciated more than politheifcians

2 Likes

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Thoceen: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bombastic!
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by epainos: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:

No this is wrong.

Do you know it's lecturers that trained many to be what they are today??
I want to accept this, but it is extremely hard for me to. Anyway, kindly give me 3 real examples to back this up.

Lecturing job on itself is one of the the most important jobs on planet earth.
Exactly my point. This is a job that one does even in old age. When you are good, you will still be consulted. Go ask Wole Soyinka. As long as Dementia is not at work, the person will keep getting jobs even at 120 years old. Na the brain dem need....not the body.

Have you ever heard that Wole joined them? I can bet you that you will know one or two lecturers of yours that the day they close school, they are already out of Naija. Lol.

Lecturers are not government workers only...they are enterpreneurs sir. They hustle for grants...they write proposals...thats how it works. Any lecture who depends on the government is not good at what he does. Believe me.

See...I dont mind being one if time permits me. Cos the only thing I need is an affiliation to an institution. If i were one, that foundation is what I would use as my base while spread my wings and fly to all the continents.

Nigerian lecturers try a lot.... I'm not a lecturer, but I know what they do.... They deserve the be appreciated more than politheifcians
They do nothing. They are olodos. Nope...the same way politicians embezzle money is the way they also embezzle the little fund they get.

Go and ask Akinwunmi Adeshina, the former agric minister under Jonathan (Now Director of The African Development Bank or so) how those guys chop Naija money under him while he was tryiñg to promote agricultural research. You keep reading about agric in my posts...why? That is the simplest and the closest department the Nigerian people need now. Those guys are not doing anything.

I also know what I am saying. Of course, they will come and defend themselves here...but I know that most of them are olodos. Period.

1 Like

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Biodun556(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
RepoMan007:
That amount wouldn't have been so poor if not for inflation. 150k now is like 65k before the broom party swept sanity aside.

The salary is not bad for an assistant lecturer. He is like a newly employed
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by acorntree(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

I understand that you have strong opinions about certain Nigerian lecturers and their abilities. However, it's important to maintain respectful and constructive dialogue when discussing issues partaining to others. Labeling lecturers as an "olodo" or a dullard is derogatory.

Furthermore, intelligence and job performance are complex and multifaceted. It's not appropriate to make blanket judgments about people's abilities based on limited information or personal opinions. Different individuals have different strengths and weaknesses, and it's important to consider a wide range of factors when evaluating their performance or potential contributions. Lecturers are not only meant to teach but also to do research. The task is huge and no resources to do these tasks effectively as there are no reliable electricity, internet services very poor etc. shouting they don't produce quality seed is not main task for those lecturering in crop farming

2 Likes

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Biodun556(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
sacajawea:

Many of them produce textbooks and sell to their students. It may not be an over statement
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by luminouz(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jokerman:

Thanks for the correction... Oloyinbo ofo🙄
K
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by luminouz(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2023
epainos:

Lol, you always sound pained. What grade did you finish with, third class or pass? The way you hate these lecturers no be here oh
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by epainos: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2023
acorntree:

I understand that you have strong opinions about certain Nigerians lecturers and their abilities. However, it's important to maintain respectful and constructive dialogue when discussing issues partaining to others. Labeling lecturers as an "olodo" or a dullard is derogatory.
Looks like I have stepped on toes. grin
Ok...since you guys insist...I don't want to call them olodo (dullard).....but sir...they are olodo na. Why can I call a student who can't produce a good project olodo..and not call lecturers who can't produce ordinary seeds olodo? grin

Sir, this is cheating na. I can call students olodo...but I can't call lecturers...olodo. we no go gree ooo. Therefore...they are olodos. Shikena. grin

Furthermore, intelligence and job performance are complex and multifaceted. It's not appropriate to make blanket judgments about people's abilities based on limited information or personal opinions.
What is limited opinion in the examples and scenarios I have given. Why don't you write and cite real-life examples? Tell me about significant research they have done. Tell me...the seeds they have produced. Yes...I can ooo... Listen...I can cos I follow them. Yes, of course, if I show you how the ones working get around it, you will praise them.

The problem with you is that you see lecturing as untouchable...and this is where you are wrong. They are common men ooo. We call them their first names where I studied oooo. So, I know what I am saying.

Different individuals have different strengths and weaknesses, and it's important to consider a wide range of factors when evaluating their performance or potential contributions.
It is not about strengths and weaknesses here. I am talking about the head of the department embezzling research funds, and many other nasty things I don't even want to discuss.

Lecturers are not only meant to teach but also to do research. The task is huge and no resources to do these tasks effectively as there are no reliable electricity, internet services very poor etc. shouting they don't produce quality seed is not main task for those lecturer in crop farming

The task is not huge. Research is not hard work...it is fun for those who do it. So, let us not make it something so huge. People into research go there for the love of it....not for the pay. Not saying they shouldn't be rewarded.

I gave an example in agric...as regards seeds...that is the most common stuff I can use. Do you want me to go into health? Do you want me to go into oil and gas? Cos if I start, you will get angry oooo.

So....whose job is to produce seeds? Oh...those lecturers should teach theory only....right? Talking about the internet and electricity...na excuse you dey make sir. A serious researcher will get a solar system (not that expensive now) for these things. Ha ba! Na govt go do all?

Lecturers are entrepreneurs...not just govt workers. They are supposed to hustle for grants and contracts. See....they are olodos.

If they are good...they will never complain. Affiliation to a school is enough for any lecturer to make a meaningful impact. Even without government, I believe every one of them can go solo. Yes. They are just olodos. Yes...they are.

Rich and successful lecturers don't depend on the government. All they need is a platform...that is the name of the school they work with. Thats all. The sky is just the beginning. Any lecturer who keeps complaining is an olodo. Shikena.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
Just say that the allowances are delayed but don't come here to tell me that federal workers are not entitled to allowances or say that there is nothing like allowances.

Allowance that is delayed for years is no allowance according to time value of money. We ain't even talking of federal workers, we are talking about University teachers. Some federal workers receive jumbo pay and millions in allowance but that can't be said of academic staff of federal Universities.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by epainos: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
luminouz:

Lol, you always sound pained. What grade did you finish with, third class or pass? The way you hate these lecturers no be here oh
Na waooo. But am I wrong? Do they have good work? Pained? Lol. You guys just want govt to pay them more cos they are who exactly? These guys are olodos.....am I wrong for crying out loud?

Anyway....I had outstanding grades. I am sure you didnt have more than second class lower.

The issue is that you guys who have not seen the outside world are the ones defending them. So of you are lecturers but you are ashamed to say it. If you are a lecturer....say it...and let us handle this issue well. But if you are not...I am sorry...you are just the real victim here. And victims at times are the ones who even block corrections.

If you are a lecturer and you have a good defence, i will continue with you...otherwise, I just need to leave you cos you need to experience being taught by a real professional who sees hinself as an entrepreneur first before a govt worker.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Gooding55(m): 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
jospepper:
What do they do to earn more?

In terms of research where do they stand?

That salary should be okay for them because our universities are just like advanced secondary schools.
And what do you know about academic research metrics that you think Nigerian academics are not doing well? Why do you think they are easily accepted in other countries? Sometimes is better you keep quiet on things that are unclear to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Sirchiboy: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Ameduedwin:
Delta or rivers state sir.
Any that is available
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by AntiTerrorist: 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
Lecturers receive allowances? Like which allowances and how frequent are these allowances paid?
Same questions on my mind.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by AntiTerrorist: 2:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
RepoMan007:
That amount wouldn't have been so poor if not for inflation. 150k now is like 65k before the broom party swept sanity aside.
The salary is not 150k after deductions. It's less than 110k.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by nnamdi640: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2023
McLizbae:

But bros, it will be wicked to still quote that federal university lecturers get allowances. There are University lecturers that have work for more than 10 years, and never recieved the EAA once. The last money released by Buhari for EAA payments was for back logs from 2011 to 2013 (January). Most of people employed from 2013 February till Dat never received anything as EAA.
Your union are the ones that supposed to fight for this if they really care, am sure majority of those in your union don't care because some of them have other sources of income. There is no way you can survive with salary alone in this present condition we are into.
Re: An Assistant Lecturer Salary In A Federal University by Testimony1988(m): 2:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
edogu:

Government is yet to implement it.
I guess it will soon be implemented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rain Destroys Mast At The University Of Ibadan (Photos) / 500Level University Of Jos Student Dies - Jtownconnect Nigeria / 5 Foolish Things Guys Who Cohabit With Girls In Universities Do!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.