Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) (70999 Views)

TB Joshua's Simple Sitting Room (Photos) / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by iamwebguru: 7:40am On Dec 24, 2023
He did not sit on the throne out of respect, if you don't know the seat has been vacant for a while now, and is bad for a whole alafin of oyo sit to be vacant. I think What he did is a prayer for the right person to be found in no time and be crowned. My Yoruba brother will understand better.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by ufotunang: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2023
What do you expect when at the end of the day he will give the Oba dollars... then why won't the Oba allow him to sit πŸ™„
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by sylve11: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2023
Tjra:

You are not Yoruba. Why the attachΓ©?

That guy is one hel of annoying person.

He's an Igbo man. cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by dlawsamesq(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2023
The king show respect and give honor to God in the life of Daddy G.O by asking him to sit on the throne, that is so thoughtful of him and God will continue to uphold his throne.

Daddy G.O should have also shown respect and honor to the culture by humbly refusing to sit on the throne.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by orisa37: 8:01am On Dec 24, 2023
GLORY TO GOD.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Indispensable85(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2023
SpatialKing:
Yet they will claim humility and modesty

Only the almighty God seats on the throne

So the Almighty God sits on the throne of men? MUGU
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by orisa37: 8:02am On Dec 24, 2023
GLORY TO GOD. HOSANNA IN THE HIGHEST.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by bonnyhope: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2023
SpatialKing:

What kind of king πŸ‘‘ please?

Daddy GO should be like Peter and the apostles
A humble sarvant of God..

God anointed David to be king of Isreal

God is not against kingship

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Indispensable85(m): 8:07am On Dec 24, 2023
The spiritually empty and canal minds will never understand what just happened there. The Oba is full of spiritual wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by jahsharon: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2023
vanbonattel:
This will be okay in the eyes of many biased bats

If adeboye were to be an Igbo pastor, a lot of people will say he has no respect for traditional authority.

Na tribalism go kee Nigeria grin

You still brought your bitter tribalism into this, definitely you need psychiatric evaluation

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by JohnnA1: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Newborn27:

I never meant to intrude in your conversation Sir...but I just need to call your attention to this... please stop laying curses on the this person... it's his personal opinion he quoted and laying curses on others doesn't portray a good and born again christian.

Despite how Jesus Christ was humiliated.. tortured.. bruised and crucified..he never laid curses on any man but still plead that God forgives them for they know not what they are doing.

As Christians...we ought to be the light of the world.... people no longer read bible but reads through we the so called christian.....live and exemplary christ-like lifestyle that win souls and not bringing damnation unto others.......no man can defend or fight for God...the curses ain't necessary in it's entirety.

Shalom
Understood.

But not in this case, the OP is an Igbo attempting to cause arguments between the Yorubas, and a possible "dragging" of Pst. Adeboye.

I know his INTENTIONS, and that's why I attacked him like that.

Besides, there's a time to bless, and there's a time to curse (if there is a cause).

God bless...

Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by SpatialKing(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2023
bonnyhope:

God anointed David to be king of Isreal

God is not against kingship

What kind of King?

God anointed Peter to be head of the Church
Daddy GO should be like Peter not David
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by SpatialKing(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2023
Indispensable85:

So the Almighty God sits on the throne of men? MUGU

Men shouldn't have thrones because we are not of this world
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by alizma: 8:24am On Dec 24, 2023
TruthsFM:
Check out picture of Daddy G.O, Pastor Adeboye sitting on a king seat πŸ’Ί in Oyo State. Is it good or bad for our culture in Yoruba land πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Source: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/kUKxkQEkg3iEWNeV/?mibextid=K8Wfd2
First of all, from your sentence, I could detect that you aren't a Yoruba. Secondly, I observed you are not familiar with things in many palace and lastly, I guess you or the person that you got the cropped picture from, intentionally want to create unnecessary argument.
Now my response is this, in most palace, there are usually 2 big sits or 3, all the 2 or 3 chairs carry the king's title but one is usually bigger, more decorated than the other(s) and that is the main one for the king alone. The king, when receiving special guest, usually avail the guest the honour of sitting in one of those smaller chairs that carries his title and I think that is exactly the case of Daddy G.O.
The king some times can decide to sit on the smaller chair especially when he is with very close friend, at a more relax and unofficialperiod etc.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Maga123: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2023
Some people on nairaland can be stupid, stupidity is in their gene
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by mechanics(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2023
The King needs anointing.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by PHIPEX(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2023
yommen:

You brought tribalism into the discourse and you claim to be calling others out. What does the topic have to with tribe? It only shows what's on your mind always. By their fruit, you shall know them.
Simply by calling someone Eze Ndigbo in Ondo, your type went haywire. Now this means nothing to you because you would prefer a selective amnesia which is also called hypocrisy
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by femicyrus(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2023
If the seating is not for spiritual cleansing of the throne by the clergy then something is not right.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by femi4: 8:57am On Dec 24, 2023
TruthsFM:
Check out picture of Daddy G.O, Pastor Adeboye sitting on a king seat πŸ’Ί in Oyo State. Is it good or bad for our culture in Yoruba land πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

It's a mere furniture decorated with inscription. No dey over think am.

Culture is dynamic....it's subject to change. Humans made the rules....Humans can also modify the rules
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by fasterwell(m): 9:03am On Dec 24, 2023
SpatialKing:

Only God is King πŸ‘‘

As long as Christian is involved

He shall share his Glory with anybody... Isaiah 43.8

Revelation 1:6
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Paramount01(m): 9:09am On Dec 24, 2023
FILEBE:

Which of the prophets ? It is how you will compare Adeboye with prophets in the bible.
By the way? If I may ask, what has Adeboye achieved?

Having a large congregation?

The greatest archivemnet of any ma of God is the number of souls gained through you, not to even mentioned miracles God have used him for, some of the minor prophest don't even performed any miracle but we're regarded as prophet on wha they hear from. God, oga! God has been talking to hi and he will still talk to him
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Justiceleague1: 9:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Sillymoderators:

Brainwashed person.
Ahhh!!!! See my padi o grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by xcuggsm(m): 9:20am On Dec 24, 2023
Justiceleague1:

The oba decides to honour God by giving the seat to God's servant,pastor Adeboye.. ordinary man like you dey put mouth for what you don't know.

If you don't know,God rules in the affairs of men and whatever pastor Adeboye does,he does so on God's behalf...so you better be careful with what you say here
OUT OF IGNORANCE MY PEOPLE PERISH!!
Daddy GO sitting on the king's seat is ostensibly to sanctify it and neutralise whatever resident JuJu that has been invoked into the seat that will affect the new Soun.
A jesture which will definitely not go down well with Oyo kingmakers and traditionalists!
"Adeboye is not qualified to sit on the chair! WHAT HE HAS DONE IN AN ACT OF DESECRATION!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by SpatialKing(m): 9:32am On Dec 24, 2023
fasterwell:

Revelation 1:6
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Exactly πŸ‘Œ
Not to seat on worldly thrones
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Bluffly: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2023
The owner of the seat offered a revered man of God his seat to sit on, and some empty busy bodies are having headache
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Bluffly: 9:41am On Dec 24, 2023
SpatialKing:

Exactly πŸ‘Œ
Not to seat on worldly thrones
He is seating on a seat and not a throne. He didn't ascend to a worldly throne
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by victorsola: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2023
TruthsFM:

the king is a pastor in redeem and baba was just praying on the throne. What’s the fuzz .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by blingxx(m): 10:47am On Dec 24, 2023
Dreal1247:
He is a king and a priest according to the bible book of Revelation 5:10. And it went further to state that we shall reign on earth.

Just look at this your comment.. See what brainwashing have done to you grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Exceed15: 10:50am On Dec 24, 2023
vanbonattel:

Will you say the same thing if Odumeje sits on the throne of Obi of Onitsha? cheesy

Would they give odumeje the honour to sit on their throne? Adeboye didn't sit by himself, he was given the honor to sit on it. Who you are and how people perceive you is what's playing here. So I won't have issue with it if odumeje is allowed to do so
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by SpatialKing(m): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2023
Bluffly:

He is seating on a seat and not a throne. He didn't ascend to a worldly throne

Then remove why such seat for him?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Sitting On The King's Seat in Oyo (Photo) by Blackdisciple(m): 11:16am On Dec 24, 2023
Well all I k ow is that the king allowed him to siddon on the chair meaning it's ok for the king cos if it's not ok the king will not offer him to siddon on his seat, besides GO no tell king say make em commot for him to siddon

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted / Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Apostle Chibuzor: Don't Sell My Phone. I Will Pay You 3 Times + Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.