Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Richest People In Africa - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Richest People In Africa (26361 Views)

Coronavirus Fears Cost The World’s 5 Richest People $36bn This Week / 25 Richest People In World In 2018 And Their Net Worth / Top 10 Richest People In Nigeria And Their Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Richest People In Africa by JADEK04: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2023
updatechange:
Fake list, only Anambra has more billionaires than all of them put together
we are talking about billions dollars
Re: The Richest People In Africa by femi4: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2023
Racoon:
Continent with extremely rich politically exposed persons but with an incredible and ironically large swathe of downtrodden populace living in abject poverty
Their wealth isn't pure. Dangote for instance align himself with the government of the day to ban competition
Re: The Richest People In Africa by BeanmanX(m): 8:46am On Dec 24, 2023
Racoon:
 Mike Adenuga: 70-year-old, whose real-time net worth is $3.1 billion as per Forbes. He built his fortune in telecom and oil production.The self-made Lagosianis known for having made his first million at age 26 selling lace and distributing soft drinks.
Mike networth has dropped badly
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Fmghewzy(m): 8:54am On Dec 24, 2023
lordkush:
The richest Filipino is richer than the richest black man.

Filipino o not German Dutch Chinese or American.

Most of these men got thier money by monopolising scares resources. No real business man here.

What do you mean in your first statement!
🤨🤨
consciously or subconsciously you classified each group of people.

That is madness.

If truly you understand how money works , you would know that ideally irrespective of race or country, no man should be a billionaire.

Majority of them either got their money from cheating the system or getting substantial help from their federal governments.

From the Russian oligarchs
To the South Korea chaebols
To Nigerian cabals
To south Africa blood diamond dealers .

I hate seeing ignorant comment many Nigerians on this forum .

Even if you discovered oil or cure to cancer, ordinarily you ought not be a billionaire except you monopolized the market or knowledge to an extent.

1 Like

Re: The Richest People In Africa by Hotice085: 9:01am On Dec 24, 2023
Scarrr:
lol everything you said is still based on your assumptions,no source.. maybe na Bua house Dangote chop breakfast today,we can't say...
let's wait and see sha, time go reveal the truth

Wetin you know no you can never know
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Iliya1520: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2023
Imagine! Cubana the big boss of sun rise nation is not on the list.

1 Like

Re: The Richest People In Africa by payaseriy: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2023
Put Diezani Madueke

E get money pass Elon Musk... Elon musk suppose be her houseboy sef

1 Like

Re: The Richest People In Africa by Scarrr: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2023
Hotice085:

Wetin you know no you can never know
lol I hear u...
Re: The Richest People In Africa by udemzyudex(m): 9:19am On Dec 24, 2023
Racoon:
 Mike Adenuga: 70-year-old, whose real-time net worth is $3.1 billion as per Forbes. He built his fortune in telecom and oil production.The self-made Lagosianis known for having made his first million at age 26 selling lace and distributing soft drinks.

How did he go into Telcom and oil production?

The type of opportunities this guys had then, is it possible for other Nigerians, I mean ordinary Nigerians to see same now?

1 Like

Re: The Richest People In Africa by udemzyudex(m): 9:21am On Dec 24, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:
Hausa/Fulani : Present !

Yoruba : Present !

Igbo : Nowhere to be found,empty bragging !

Ki lo fi da?

Is the north better than before after ruling?
We can see how far yoruba is ruling now.

All this president is from my side talk will not help this country.

2 Likes

Re: The Richest People In Africa by SonOfDSoil01: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2023
UncleKoboko:

Keep fooling yourself
Are you referring to the same Igbos selling gala and lacasera in the traffic?
grin don’t you know an average flat head lives in a world of its own called ‘delusion’ even when all growth indices have always placed them at the bottom of the ladder angry

2 Likes

Re: The Richest People In Africa by ezechi24(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2023
Chimookigwe:

That is enough to win election in Igboland.
Wasn't Mbah sharing jollof rice and okpa to win election?

At least they haven't laid ambush on other people's goods hahahaha.
Re: The Richest People In Africa by ezechi24(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2023
Scarrr:
na rice and yam na, still better..
u forgot to add those ones wey stole kolanuts in Anambra.. Igbo people are poverty stricken😂😂

https://punchng.com/two-arrested-for-stealing-bitter-kola-others-in-anambra/?amp

What about the ones wey thief king walking stick for Lagos hahahaha
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Father4all: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2023
Indeed
Re: The Richest People In Africa by bhella10: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2023
Tjra:
Online millionaires no dey ever dey shocked

Dem go dey brag chest online yet to buy bus ticket to celebrate Christmas for village na war.

Thanks to Tinubu and Zulum for coming to their rescue.

I hope they stay permanently in their villages
The exodus grin

Re: The Richest People In Africa by Whalis: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2023
Idaytesj29:

You forgot to add that no drug trafficker in the list as well.
Truly my remark had no undertones or insinuations.
I agree with you crime doesn't make anyone remarkably rich.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Richest People In Africa by Mummyimbecile(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2023
In this life, just tussle and make money and chop life... That's all!
Re: The Richest People In Africa by AmuRubber(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2023
Skylord247:

This fool thinks that it's about which tribe is on the Forbes list. How does that influence your daily life?
Let me reset your brain ewu. The main reasons Igbos brag is because the Igbos have an equal distribution of wealth. Just take some time and visit igbo people, you'll realize that average igbo man is no where near being hungry. An average igbo man is comfortable and can fully feed himself, his family, buy his car and build his own house. Can the same thing be said about the yourbas and Hausa/fulanis with their plenty almajiris roaming every nooks and crannies of their streets. Bros, I've traveled to over 20 states in Nigeria, no region has an equal distribution of wealth close to the Igbos. That's why they tell you that "Igbo has no king" . Everyone na Boss for him house. Learn
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Dittodat: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2023
lordkush:
. Igbos live better than the Hausas and Yourubas. Doing yes sir like slave to someone isn’t life. Go out there and explore the world. The reason these men can succeed in Nigeria is because if the monopolistic style they operate thier buisness. No growth in wards. This is y mark Zuckerberg worth shit 10 yrs ago 10x richer than Dangote today. What was Dangote doing all these while ? But low life zombies are cheering

Rubbish trash from another uninformed brainwashed IPOB terrorist fool. Stop posting trash on N L just to console yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Richest People In Africa by Scarrr: 10:46am On Dec 24, 2023
ezechi24:

What about the ones wey thief king walking stick for Lagos hahahaha
all these are nice things to steal na... but kolanuts?? ,One time too ,one of your ppl killed his bro over Mango..are u guys ok at all in that region??
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/5/man-kills-his-cousin-over-mangoes-in-abia-graphic-photos.html
Re: The Richest People In Africa by teebaxy(m): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2023
Whalis:
Did you observe that anyone there has a name and sources of income?
No headminer. No yahoo boy. All these don't pay.
That’s the difference between yahoo boy and yahoo man
Re: The Richest People In Africa by EconFinance: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2023
Racoon:
Continent with extremely rich politically exposed persons but with an incredible and ironically large swathe of downtrodden populace living in abject poverty

You think all these rich guys are politically exposed?
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Franking: 11:16am On Dec 24, 2023
keeper303:

Then behave yourself so that you don't go back there a second time. grin grin grin

Excons always end up back in jail., grin
Re: The Richest People In Africa by mozona(m): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2023
Chimookigwe:

One of his Sugar refineries is in Apapa

Oga i hear you... the only sugar refinery in apapa is dangote
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Chimookigwe: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2023
mozona:

Oga i hear you... the only sugar refinery in apapa is dangote

Stop arguing blindly
https://www.buafoodsplc.com/sugar/
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Whalis: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2023
teebaxy:
That’s the difference between yahoo boy and yahoo man
Lol
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Hezzyluv: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
mozona:

He does not have a factory in apapa.

What...? I said I had worked in his factory Tin-can 2rd gate u dey here dey yarn another thin. Or is tin_can 2rd Gate not apapa agai?
Re: The Richest People In Africa by Gamesmart: 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blankstare:

You are right! Igbos have the most middle class among the ethnic groups in the country. But on the flip, don't you think this republicanism spirit is a big undoing for them, how will a group of people resolve they don't have leaders or don't respect their elders...even in the jungle , animals choose leaders to pilot them.

Moronic, unsubstantiated, chest-beating claims!

We have some data that can suggest middle-class levels.

Middle-class people tend to have good salaries, own small or medium businesses and they buy goods that generate VAT.

I have removed Lagos from SW figures and FCT from NC figures so you don't say it is unfair. That is me being unfair to Yorubas because they are the tribe who have the largest proportion of their total & best wealth and business activities located in Lagos; but removing Lagos gives their figures more ethnic purity and a better odds of not claiming it is not like-for-like comparisons. See the figures below.

Salaries indicators via PAYE collections
SS - 227.8bn
SW (minus Lagos) - 90.4bn
NW - 77.0bn
NC (minus FCT) - 58.2bn
SE - 50.2bn
NE - 45.1bn

SMEDAN 2017 records on SMEs by region
SW (minus Lagos) - 14,896
NW - 11,731
NC (minus FCT) - 10,553
SE - 9,731
SS - 9,502
NE - 5,449

Self-employed income indicators via Direct-Assessment Tax collections
SW (minus Lagos) - 5.0bn
NW - 4.8bn
NC (minus FCT) - 4.7bn
SS - 3.8bn
SE - 1.5bn
NE - 1.2bn

Middle-class spending measured via VAT collections
SS - 135.8bn
SW (minus Lagos) - 89.6bn
NW - 56.7bn
NE - 27.7bn
SE - 25.3bn
NC (minus FCT) - 19.5bn

Middle-class spending measured via internet subscriptions
NW - 28.12m
SW (minus Lagos) - 26.1m
SS - 22.5m
NC (minus FCT) - 22.3m
NE - 15.0m
SE - 14.6m

Now, you can spend some time factoring in population size differences. Without a reliable census, we can't know for sure; but speculations are roughly NW (25%), SW including Lagos (19%), NC including FCT (16%) , SS (15%), NE (13%) and SE (12%) as the distribution of where people live in Nigeria.

SW minus Lagos (12%) and NC minus FCT (15%).

Whatever way you juggle, cut and factor it, the point will still remain that Igbos don't out-excel, dominate and out-beat all other Nigerians in the economic prowess or performance. You are making empty chest-beatings as usual!

You guys need to relax with your boasting! You are increasing irritating lots of Nigerians and alienating yourselves.

https://www.nairaland.com/7929859/need-talk-boasting

1 Like

Re: The Richest People In Africa by HighTableVoice: 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2023
Juniorangel:
Dangote is just a front man from a group of rich fellas in Nigeria. He will not spend or invest without their approval. If you know your history you will understand.

Dangote networth is his and his alone. Share holders and other investors surely have stake in Dangote Group and the market cap of that corporation is way bigger than you can imagine or even fathom. As for this figure here, it is own personal networth. He is not a front for anyone..if you have enough money to invest you can also buy their shares but it’s just too damn expensive. And no one can say dangote is their money mule.
Re: The Richest People In Africa by mozona(m): 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hezzyluv:

What...? I said I had worked in his factory Tin-can 2rd gate u dey here dey yarn another thin. Or is tin_can 2rd Gate not apapa agai?

Oga u just use the right word now tin can.
Re: The Richest People In Africa by SonOfDSoil01: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2023
Skylord247:

This fool thinks that it's about which tribe is on the Forbes list. How does that influence your daily life?
Let me reset your brain ewu. The main reasons Igbos brag is because the Igbos have an equal distribution of wealth. Just take some time and visit igbo people, you'll realize that average igbo man is no where near being hungry. An average igbo man is comfortable and can fully feed himself, his family, buy his car and build his own house. Can the same thing be said about the yourbas and Hausa/fulanis with their plenty almajiris roaming every nooks and crannies of their streets. Bros, I've traveled to over 20 states in Nigeria, no region has an equal distribution of wealth close to the Igbos. That's why they tell you that "Igbo has no king" . Everyone na Boss for him house. Learn
grin chest beating monkey, so its only ibos that build houses and buy cars? You just an empty noise maker, where is the statistics for you imaginary equal distribution of wealth? Or how come on every growth indices your backward region is always trailing behind despite all this your noise. Recently publish data of state that can survive without federal allocation, 3 Sw states were listed, not even one from your cursed region yet you make the loudest noise...empty barrels grin

1 Like

Re: The Richest People In Africa by Hezzyluv: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2023
mozona:

Oga u just use the right word now tin can.

Na over sabi dey do u so. Now tell me, where is tin can located in lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cross River 23MW Power Plant In Pictures / N120bn Aviation Fund: UBA And Jimoh Ibrahim Disagree / Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.