Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra (10526 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Commuters Stranded As Flood Splits Road Into Two In Bayelsa / Zamfara, Bauchi, Ekiti Residents Paid Highest Transport Fares In February — NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Alpharey: 6:35am On Dec 25, 2023
Onebabe:
I thought everyone in that city is a billionaire.
Why can't they pay

Your mindset has been ill programmed to see negative in other people. What you give is what you take.
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Alpharey: 6:38am On Dec 25, 2023
Atarakpa:
Transporters in the east are criminals

Aided by CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by CJStarz: 6:38am On Dec 25, 2023
We all know the reason behind the post which is to paint Anambra,nay Igbo people as being greedy at this festive season but the post has failed on arrival.
They can no longer hide their hatred, jealousy and envy of Igbo people.
He talked as if transportation is any cheaper from his own side.
Igbos keep soaring, regardless

onumadu:

The intention is predictable: to put a negative spin on the news.
What he posted is called market forces at work. The phenomenon is not new. It is seasonal thing.
The people he termed "stranded" will still travel to their various destinations after bargaining prices with the commuters.
Nobody will sleep at the parks. Quote me.
But Ronu oafs are already drooling because of the news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by pretydiva(f): 6:40am On Dec 25, 2023
Na we Dey do ourselves for this country
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by bluefilm: 6:47am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Fuel is sold 670 here in Lagos and at most 700 in other parts of the country.

But same Fuel is sold 1000 in Anambra.

I think we should blame MC Oluomo for this.

Look at you, laughing at your own stupidity.

You talk as if 670/liter for petrol is normal ?

Anyway sha, Ronu miscreants will never seize to amaze me.

Bunch of suffering and smiling nincompoops, all of them!
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Roboto11: 6:56am On Dec 25, 2023
gistray:

Mr cone

I bought fuel N670 in Akwa this morning

But not in Awka.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by BeautifulMind2: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:

I bought fuel yesterday at MRS Awka #660, Rainoil #670 no place they sale fuel #700 in Anambra state no place stop deceiving yourself on social media
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Scarrr: 7:36am On Dec 25, 2023
CJStarz:
We all know the reason behind the post which is to paint Anambra,nay Igbo people as being greedy at this festive season but the post has failed on arrival.
They can no longer hide their hatred, jealousy and envy of Igbo people.
He talked as if transportation is any cheaper from his own side.
Igbos keep soaring, regardless

everything na jealousy..the news na lie or truth?🤫

3 Likes

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Bragalane: 7:41am On Dec 25, 2023
I thought all Anambrans were billionaire flying private jet into Akwa new airport abi na Onitsha airport 😂😂😂😂👍👍👍
dominic17:
I see ade as the OP I am wondering what's his intentions of making this post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Bragalane: 7:43am On Dec 25, 2023
Sebi those Ronu oafs will not bargain n still travel, so billionaire from Ipobland now bargain prices n I was here thinking you will all be flying jet into awka Airport

onumadu:

What he posted is called market forces at work. The phenomenon is not new. It is seasonal thing.
The people he termed "stranded" will still travel to their various destinations after bargaining prices with the commuters.

1 Like

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Bragalane: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2023
You will die lying beta repent, if you are ask to provide reciept of the $70 n $300 ticket you will start foaming in the mouth. Foolish liar.

Bigkoko:
What people failed to realize is that Igbos & Alaigbo economy is driven by Market Forces....

Palliatives don't work there. Govt intervention don't work there. What works is Full capitalism. If there's a demand, a supplier will emerge. If there's short supply, prices will hike.

There's nothing anyone can do, and Govt is not expected to do anything than create a conducive environment for business. People are not expected to complain but plan their routine well.

I know of friends who buy cheap tickets in Feb at $70for flying in Dec because same ticket would be sold at above $300 during the yuletide period.

Compare flying to Kano & Enugu/Anambra. There's a price gap of more than 100k. More demands for flight tickets to Enugu than suppliers.

Compare traveling to Jos & Abakiliki. There's a price gap of more than 15k. More demands for traveling to Abakiliki than suppliers.

These are the things that motivate people in Alaigbo to set up businesses. The alure of profits.

Understand these things well, before wishing the Igbos to be like other regions. Let the market Forces determine what goes, not one big man seated somewhere!
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by frankson1(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Our first problem is ourselves before those in leadership positions. We are wicked and make things hard for ourselves but turn around to blame the President and FG.

Lots of people won't find things too difficult if we're in solidarity.
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Bigkoko: 8:11am On Dec 25, 2023
Receipt kill you there! Make epilepsy bent your mouth..idiat from a foolish tribe.

Mumu you think everyone dey inside the shithole like you! Or you think everywhere be like Nigeria?

No try leave ogbomosho and see how things happens outside Nigeria. As you no even dey think first, Common Cotonou get cheaper tickets currently than Nigeria, for same location and time range, but idiat like you dey find receipt.

Receipt we dey give una since 2015, wetin una use am do? Anuofia!

Bragalane:
You will die lying beta repent, if you are ask to provide reciept of the $70 n $300 ticket you will start foaming in the mouth. Foolish liar.

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by frankson1(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2023
iwaeda:

They did not get Tinubu last 50% reduction. grin grin grin angry

For us to be sure, the interviewer should go to the approved parks and not one "Goodness and mercy motor park", in Onitsha.

Besides, this isn't the point, the point is how wiked Anambra gas station owners sell fuel above the approved pump price to their people to make more money for themselves.
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by viodemus: 8:27am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Don't be surprised that some useless Nigerian hijacker tribes, have purposely blocked and frustrated refine oil from getting to the east.

If any igbos are purposely inflating the price, shame on you wicked soul.
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by ufotunang: 8:29am On Dec 25, 2023
Renewed hope to renewed shege 🙄
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by ufotunang: 8:29am On Dec 25, 2023
Nigerians really missed Peter obi.... Peter obi would had made the economy to be good and better and give nigerians better life
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by PDPdestroyer(m): 8:34am On Dec 25, 2023
Billionaires can't be stranded, this report is likely from Ogbomosho grin
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Segzy19: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2023
They complain of village people yet every year they will still take expensive transportation to go and visit the village people.....
No be JuJu be that?
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by DaTruths: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2023
Onebabe:
Why can't they pay

If you thought so, then you must be dumb oh.

How many billionaires are in Nigeria?
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Pierced(f): 8:49am On Dec 25, 2023
sparko1:

Fuel is 568 in Lagos, but 100 litres yesterday.

Are you sure it's 1000 over there, that is ridiculous.

It is 600 per litre in Lagos.
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by freemanq(m): 8:51am On Dec 25, 2023
Lie from the pit of hell fuel is sold for #680 in Anambra state

LeoDeKing:

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by sparko1(m): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2023
Pierced:

It is 600 per litre in Lagos.

I bought at NNPC Awolowo road, full tank of 71 litres 40k.
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by CJStarz: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2023
Scarrr:
everything na jealousy..the news na lie or truth?🤫
For your side, transport dey costly or not?
Use your answer as a projector
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by greatermax77(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2023
[quote author=LeoDeKing post=127612854]Fuel is sold 670 here in Lagos and at most 700 in other parts of the country.

[/quote,

Stop talking what you are not sure please
There's no where fuel is sold at #1000 naira in Anambra, I live in Onitsha and I bought fuel on 24 th evening at the same 670 naira per litre
Forget social media news, no passenger is stranded in Anambra state.
People are traveling as usual
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Ezmans: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Nigerian have seeing she under APC, tinubu have become president naira scarcity still come back again
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Niccoloimhotep: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2023
Onebabe:
Why can't they pay
same old rotten words from an slowpoke
Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by Iziquiel(m): 9:37am On Dec 25, 2023
onumadu:

You insult Tinubu and business owners When there is price hike in other parts of the country,but when it happens in your region you attribute it to market forces.

You see this una hypocrisy ehn, God no go forgive some of una .

1 Like

Re: Commuters Stranded As Motorists Hike Fares In Anambra by BadBradley: 10:17am On Dec 25, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Commuters-stranded-as-motorists-hike-fares-in-Anambra
Igbo man and greed have ruined Christmas.

Everything is all about money. Same fuel I bought 650 on the South east is what they are using as excuse.

Very greedy and unconscionable set of people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 / How Much Is Flight From Lagos To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.