Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country (22385 Views)

Price War: Air France Reduces Price Of Fare To London Lower Than AirPeace / Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by HugeElephant(f): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lanretoye:
Wahala for Ebuka who enter 5k bus come lagos and to go back now,moto don turn to 70k.
Merry chrismas oo.
haahahah
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by APOSTLECHUMA: 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
NETANYAHU VISITS ISRAELI TROOPS IN GAZA.

Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Mandate1: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2023
vicdom:
Onyema is a big fool for putting up this warp comeback defense, because I'm highly disappointed at him. There's no justification to hike up in threefolds when the other prevalent price determining factors have not varied. Higher demand than supply can never be enough to trigger such humongous hike by over 300% . It's just pure greed! You want to make the whole money you didn't make since January to November just in a couple of weeks. I blame the government for lack of price regulatory agencies in the country. Imagine this big fool with a lame defence.
it's only in Nigeria we get to hear this nonsense demand and supply rubbish, just to suit their business interest. All over the world, prices of commodities and transportation reduces during yuletide, in Nigeria it triples like our yuletide is any different.
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Mandate1: 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
Intrepid01:
Chaii Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. That’s how air flight works in every other country. Prices are determined by the forces of demand, 200 people going to Anambra can never pay same amount with 22 people going to Kaduna. Even at that, the first 10 -20 people to buy ticket on a flight to Anambra might pay significantly less than the last 20 -30 people going to Anambra on that same flight. That’s how it is done everywhere. But Nigerians won’t agree, they’ll insult and fight you in their sheer ignorance.
if I'm to go by your former supposition, won't it make more economic sense that the 20 people going to Kano pays more since the plane will run empty and consume same amount of energy with that going to Anambra? 20 people pay 100k and 200 people pay 100k. This way it makes more economic sense as the company needs to cover for the empty seats to Kano.

1 Like

Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Intrepid01(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2023
Mandate1:
if I'm to go by your former supposition, won't it make more economic sense that the 20 people going to Kano pays more since the plane will run empty and consume same amount of energy with that going to Anambra? 20 people pay 100k and 200 people pay 100k. This way it makes more economic sense as the company needs to cover for the empty seats to Kano.

Lol, you are making sense but that’s not the way it works. There’s a base amount for each route, however the force of demand determines the marginal amount added to that base price. Check anywhere in the world, any place less travelled will have the cheapest amount compared relatively to places with high traffic, pls note the word relative. I do not mean that places less travelled can’t be expensive, it’s just that places more travelled are more expensive on the average. The truth is, all those flight companies, share the total cost on all passengers in the end, regardless of the route. Travelers must as a group pay for the cost of running flight operations and the base profit expected. Flight business na special business oh, it doesn’t follow the usual formula. Mr. A will pay $1000 for a flight Mr.B paid $200 for and they’ll end up as seat partners on that same flight. Inspite of the high cost of running flight operations to Kano, due to low passenger traffic for example, there’s a ceiling to the price tag you can place on the ticket, Anambra with high traffic will pay for the possible shortage on Kano route. That’s the way it is, the high demand on Anambra route means willingness and capability to pay more while low traffic on Kano route means lack of will and capacity to pay. Like I said at the beginning, THE HIGHER THE DEMAND THE HIGHER THE PRICE!! the very 1st law of demand in elementary economics.
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Seismic0070: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Seismic0070: 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
Okayy
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Mandate1: 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
Intrepid01:

Lol, you are making sense but that’s not the way it works. There’s a base amount for each route, however the force of demand determines the marginal amount added to that base price. Check anywhere in the world, any place less travelled will have the cheapest amount compared relatively to places with high traffic, pls note the word relative. I do not mean that places less travelled can’t be expensive, it’s just that places more travelled are more expensive on the average. The truth is, all those flight companies, share the total cost on all passengers in the end, regardless of the route. Travelers must as a group pay for the cost of running flight operations and the base profit expected. Flight business na special business oh, it doesn’t follow the usual formula. Mr. A will pay $1000 for a flight Mr.B paid $200 for and they’ll end up as seat partners on that same flight. Inspite of the high cost of running flight operations to Kano, due to low passenger traffic for example, there’s a ceiling to the price tag you can place on the ticket, Anambra with high traffic will pay for the possible shortage on Kano route. That’s the way it is, the high demand on Anambra route means willingness and capability to pay more while low traffic on Kano route means lack of will and capacity to pay. Like I said at the beginning, THE HIGHER THE DEMAND THE HIGHER THE PRICE!! the very 1st law of demand in elementary economics.
though I applaud ur awesome explanation, but I still would rather not buy this hook, line and sinker. There's more to it than just demand and supply. Mind you, I'm not wearing the trabilism cloak here, just being inquisitive.
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by SSFeedsNigeria: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2023
Intrepid01:

On the contrary, the busier an airport is, the lower its flight tickets will be. For instance, on the international route, are you aware that it’s relatively more expensive to fly from Enugu international airport than to fly from Lagos or Abuja? The argument is that the other two has higher patronage than Enugu. Why then will it work differently on the domestic routes?
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Intrepid01(m): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

On the contrary, the busier an airport is, the lower its flight tickets will be. For instance, on the international route, are you aware that it’s relatively more expensive to fly from Enugu international airport than to fly from Lagos or Abuja? The argument is that the other two has higher patronage than Enugu. Why then will it work differently on the domestic routes?

Stop comparing airports, compare flights!
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by smileyoo: 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2023
Air peace, your greediness will not destroy your business, even if you have to increase your fare because of the rush of the season, must it be increased by 400% ?
we may start boycotting your airline, before you Will realize that we are not happy with your cheating attitude.
there is no where in the world that increase in traffic alone, could lead to 400% fare hike .
i blame the regulatory bodies in Nigeria for not being able to do their job properly.

1 Like

Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by ifeoluwapo25977: 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2023
Air peace is right.Ticket fare for eastern routes should be higher than any other route in the country this period.Air peace is right.Ticket fare for eastern routes should be higher than any other route in the country this period....
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by ssogundele(m): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
lexy2014:
not sure they have made sense. its always difficult defending stupid things

Bro, I tire o. Thought with fully book plane comes reduction in ticket fees? I no understand again o
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Excelll: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
Lanretoye:
Wahala for Ebuka who enter 5k bus come lagos and to go back now,moto don turn to 70k.
Merry chrismas oo.
You have no senses at all. At least the eastern airports are very viable, or aren't they? Even in your west, easterners make up about 50% of your flight bookings in those routes.
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Excelll: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2023
ifeoluwapo25977:
Air peace is right.Ticket fare for eastern routes should be higher than any other route in the country this period.Air peace is right.Ticket fare for eastern routes should be higher than any other route in the country this period....
Why should that be? As far as I am concerned, their explanations made no sense or point. Even though we know in economics that demand and supply affects price and pricing, should the increment be this high?
Re: Airpeace Defends allegation of Fare Disparity In Parts Of The Country by Mercury12(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2023
okorogodwin4:
and what of the follani Hardeman roaming about the bush and Hausa shoe shiners sleeping on the street of South East?
then shut up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes Little Boy Dead At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Disturbing Photos) / One Dies, Eight Injured In Anambra Road Crash / Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.