Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State (4019 Views)

Akeredolu: Tayo The Road To Your House Was Tarred By Me(video) / Tribunal Verdict: Bayelsans Hit The Street In Jubilation [Photos] / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by Jonjam269: 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Obirodents lamentation thread. Who takes those who hide under their beds every Monday or those who believed Buhari was cloned serious! Losers
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by IamAtikulate: 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
cremedelacreme:
Is it a crime for these guys to at least renovate these houses? The state governments in SW states are trying their best in area of road construction but the citizens are just too poor to make their abode habitable. These pictures are an eyesore and I now understand why some of these guys living under these rusty roofs think and behave the way they do especially on Nairaland. grin
If SE Governors can develop rural roads like SW Governors are doing, SE villages will compete with the best in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by BeautifulMind2: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
Paindealer grin grin
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by IamAtikulate: 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jonjam269:
Obirodents lamentation thread. Who takes those who hide under their beds every Monday or those who believed Buhari was cloned serious! Losers
Better to sit at home in a mansion in Mondays than work Monday to Sunday every week in a pig farm

4 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FatherOfJesus: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

What you see as old is the history of mankind just in case you don't know Ile-Ife the Source.

Go to Europe and United Kingdom to understand what the Yoruba are teaching you by preserving their history. Those houses have produced global icons and Nobel Laureate. Even the current MD of MTN Nigeria whose father is a medical doctor and current Oba in same Ile Ife LGA grew up in one of those houses yet today sits atop one of the greatest African companies.

Ile Ife is not your mate o or the mate of your whole state let alone your village. It's the size of some states in South East in land mass and population and it hosts the Great Ife, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
whatever makes you sleep well at night.
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by cremedelacreme: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Better to sit at home in a mansion in Mondays than work Monday to Sunday every week in a pig farm

Savage!
You are wucked I swear. grin
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by ottersberger(m): 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2023
Workch:
grin
Odi egwu

Ọdi ezịgbo egwu cheesy
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by KwuoteYourFada: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

cheesy

Chai!
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by KwuoteYourFada: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jonjam269:

Look at those who defended Buhari a monumental failure 8 years here

Look at who is talking mtchew
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by ottersberger(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

What you see as old is the history of mankind just in case you don't know Ile-Ife the Source.

Go to Europe and United Kingdom to understand what the Yoruba are teaching you by preserving their history. Those houses have produced global icons and Nobel Laureate. Even the current MD of MTN Nigeria whose father is a medical doctor and current Oba in same Ile Ife LGA grew up in one of those houses yet today sits atop one of the greatest African companies.

Ile Ife is not your mate o or the mate of your whole state let alone your village. It's the size of some states in South East in land mass and population and it hosts the Great Ife, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.

Listen to yourself. E be like say dem dey pay you to talk nonsense every eke market day?.

2 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FreeStuffsNG: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jokerman:

So why can't the big men of Osun state renovate these environments, just like what the whites do, to make it pleasing to the eye?

They will make money and keep building edifices in Lasgidi, but won't remember to put something in their hometown...

See Davido for instance, omo Osun, does he have any edifice in his hometown?
Smh. Have you been to the "whites" authentic historical enclaves?

Most of you should stop this your inferiority complex to the "whites. Ile Ife is not the mate of your village or state. It's going to be in that pristine state to keep our history and well preserved knowledge you can not see as an outsider.

There are places designated for the vanity and fancy you crave but there are places that will be kept in their historical states. The Yoruba are not stupid enough to demolish places that are several centuries old of history, culture and knowledge.

How do you think that, out of several tribes the transatlantic slavery forced overseas, the Yoruba culture and religion is the only one that survived and still being practiced in those far flung lands till date? Why do you think those descendants of Yoruba in diaspora and the Americas travel yearly back to Ile Ife and Osun on spiritual pilgrimage? To see fake new buildings and watch destroyed history? No. They come because they know that they will connect to their rich history, roots and religion.

The Yoruba have built civilisation and more sophisticated to the whites for centuries yet preserved our history.

Below is Lagos and Ibadan like a century ago. The ancient city of Ibadan hosted Africa's first stadium, Tv station, west Africa's first skyscraper, Nigeria's 1st university even while people were still walking unclothed in Igboland o

1 Like

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by Blitzking: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2023
Let them sell the land make i build one mansion wey u gars drive like 20mins before you finally reach?
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FatherOfJesus: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. Have you been to the "whites" authentic historical enclaves?

Most of you should stop this your inferiority complex and project it on the "whites. Ile Ife is not the mate of your village or state. It's going to be in that pristine state to keep our history and well preserved knowledge you can not see as an outsider.

There are places designated for the vanity and fancy you crave but there are places that will be kept in their historical states. The Yoruba are not stupid enough to demolish places that are several centuries old of history, culture and knowledge.

How do you think that, out of several tribes the transatlantic slavery forced overseas, the Yoruba culture and religion is the only one that survived and still being practiced in those far flung lands till date? Why do you think those descendants of Yoruba in diaspora and the Americas travel yearly back to Ile Ife and Osun on spiritual pilgrimage? To see fake new buildings and watch destroyed history? No. They come because they know that they will connect to their rich history, roots and religion.

The Yoruba have built civilisation and more sophisticated to the whites for centuries yet preserved our history.

Below is Lagos and Ibadan like a century ago. The ancient city of Ibadan hosted Africa's first stadium, Tv station, west Africa's first skyscraper, Nigeria's 1st university even while people were still walking unclothed in Igboland o
everyone knows that if those guys had money to renovate their houses, they will.

All these ones you dey talk na nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FreeStuffsNG: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
everyone knows that if those guys had money to renovate their houses, they will.

All these ones you dey talk na nonsense
You're ignorant and I can't cure your ignorance if you think my over a century old family house is in its pristine state because we can't demolish and build new buildings.

You just got civilised and that is why new buildings are symbols of wealth to you. Go to Ekiti, Abeokuta, Ilesha etc and watch a US-based Professor, ex-President, etc live in those houses, hang his tie and goes to farm and forest to hunt just like most Europeans and Americans do in their ancestral homelands.
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by ottersberger(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2023
Cubans drive 1950s Chevy because they can afford Ferraris. The man above me is smoking unadulterated oshogbo guff.

2 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by jamesversion: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2023
Abagworo:
Why can't these Ife residents rebuild these houses?

Lolz, imagine your comment. Is there anyone on earth with the means that wouldn't love to live in posh houses? What you're seeing in that environment is a reflection of the economic capacity of the inhabitants of that town. If it didn't dey, it didn't dey. grin

Sometimes I wonder what would have become of some regions in Nigeria if Niger Delta oil money was used by/for only Niger deltans.

2 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FatherOfJesus: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You're ignorant and I can't cure your ignorance if you think my over a century old family house is in its pristine state because we can't demolish and build new buildings.

You just got civilised and that is why new buildings are symbols of wealth to you. Go to Ekiti, Abeokuta, Ilesha etc and watch a US-based Professor, ex-President, etc live in those houses, hang his tie and goes to farm and forest to hunt just like most Europeans and Americans do in their ancestral homelands.
lol, you are just backing. I can't argue with you
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by nedu666: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Ogbeni no rich man lives in mud houses. Resist the urge to shalaye or else

1 Like

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by nedu666: 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
jamesversion:

Lolz, imagine your comment. Is there anyone on earth with the means that wouldn't love to live in posh houses? What you're seeing in that environment is a reflection of the economic capacity of the inhabitants of that town. If it didn't dey, it didn't dey. grin

Sometimes I wonder what would have become of some regions in Nigeria if Niger Delta oil money was used by/for only Niger deltans.

My broda thank you. I wonder why someone will prefer house with no toilets, that rains falls tru the roof, that insects will be building road inside your room. If you go to some parts of ogun, you will see these type of houses with people sitting and washing in front

2 Likes

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by Quintessence44: 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, ANY GOVERNOR THAT BUILDS A ROAD WITHOUT SIDEWALKS SHOULD BE EXECUTED BY FIRING SQUAD.

SPIT.
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FatherOfJesus: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

you go explain tire, no evidence
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by WeddingParol: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
What is it with these type of old buildings in southwest?

Those were the modern house when your people were still living under the leaf.
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by FatherOfJesus: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
WeddingParol:

Those were the modern house when your people were still living under the leaf.
So what happened to renovating them?
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by CarlosTheJackal: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

trust me you are ignorant of how the world works. The truth about those dilapidated structures is not because of they want to preserve it for historical purpose rather there is poverty and also migration of the young chaps for greener pastures.
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by CarlosTheJackal: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

trust me you are ignorant of how the world works. The truth about those dilapidated structures is not because of they want to preserve it for historical purpose rather there is poverty and also migration of the young chaps for greener pastures. .

1 Like

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by CarlosTheJackal: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, ANY GOVERNOR THAT BUILDS A ROAD WITHOUT SIDEWALKS SHOULD BE EXECUTED BY FIRING SQUAD.

SPIT.
those are rural roads
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by DeadCountry: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2023
Just look at how their towns are. Brown roof dilapidated houses everywhere. yet these are the people churning out their FAKE lagos ibadan expressway gutter statistics all the time just to claim superiority when the fact says other wise. God bles the Igbos. Despite their evil 20 pounds, check out our cities and compare it to theirs. The difference is very very very clear.
Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by DeadCountry: 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

What a dunce. Trying so hard to explain away poverty. Useless professors and presidents.

1 Like

Re: Recently Tarred Olokun Street In Ife, Osun State by T9ksy(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Yeah right, because everyone obeying the "sit at home" command (every Monday), lives in a mansion. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Others - SERAP Tells President Tinubu / Why Do Some Africans See Merit Based Appointments As Proof of "Domination"? / Hausa Man Was Caught Trapping Vulture With Snuff In Onne

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.