Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) (38774 Views)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Makes First Appointments As Governor / Lucky Aiyedatiwa Sworn-In As Governor Of Ondo State / Udensi: Governor Ikpeazu's Vacation In Turkey Display Of Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 9:08am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:
The Display of Insensitivity at Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration

He has been shouting in 2010 for Yar'adua to resign for Jonathan Goodluck the same Faith befell him, what's wrong if the New governor celebrate, naso life dey
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by bjnice(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2023
aylipple:
Knowing APC as currently held by the jugular by PBAT & his loyal stooge, Ganduje, this is the best deal Aiyedatiwa will get; completing Akeredolu's tenure only! Someone else will fly the flag for the party in the governorship polls for Ondo next year.

This is my thought process also. But I doubt if the new governor will agree to this. Seeing that it is the turn of his zone to produce a governor come 2024.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2023
othermen:
“ It is with heavy heart that I accept this onerous responsibility of taking over the reins of governance and affairs of our State following the unfortunate loss and passing of our beloved Governor, leader and dear boss, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, SAN, CON.”

The above was the beginning of his inaugural speech.About 90% of the speech was about the past governor and continuing his legacy.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/12/27/we-will-advance-the-welfare-of-ondo-people-aiyedatiwas-inaugural-speech/?amp=1
they wanted him to wear sack clothes and be rollin on the floor... Very nonsense write up from someone who's obviously pained ayedatiwa is gorvenor

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by lexy2014: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2023
God1000:
in every way
how "in every way"?
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by AngelicBeing: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2023
lexy2014:

how did he rejoice and dance?

what is the treacherous act you are referring to?
like seriously, you have started asking Aljazeera questions, Hian, you no dey Taya shocked

1 Share

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Atarakpa: 9:14am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

It was needed to rejoice and dance on the same day his boss just died? Aiyedatiwa was nothing before Aketi brought him to contest with him and this is how he repaid him. Nothing can justify this treacherous act
can akere be a governor and deputy at same time.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by seunayantokun(m): 9:15am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

It was needed to rejoice and dance on the same day his boss just died? Aiyedatiwa was nothing before Aketi brought him to contest with him and this is how he repaid him. Nothing can justify this treacherous act

Good response. In fact, Akeredolu and his team wanted to remove him because they discovered his treacherous acts, though too late. Aiyedatiwa has been heartlessly ambitious for that office. He is sowing now, his own harvests are waiting for him from nature and voters.

3 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2023
bjnice:

This is my thought process also. But I doubt if the new governor will agree to this. Seeing that it is the turn of his zone to produce a governor come 2024.

Yes, you're right. A friend of mine from Ondo actually confirmed this - that Aiyedatiwa's zone is the next to produce the next governor of the State.

If that's the case, I believe the people from the Zone would prefer their person to do 8yrs (4yrs x 2 terms) as against 6yrs or even 5½ yrs if Aiyedatiwa gets it.

According to the Constitution, he has taken oath of office now to complete Akeredolu's term, if he beats the odds to win the next governorship polls, he can't contest again after that.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by AngelicBeing: 9:18am On Dec 29, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
No insensitivity noted.

We must learn to speak evil (if true) of the dead so that the living will learn.

This is actually a good life lesson for all. Nothing is permanent except death. Zero sum game--one man's loss is another man's gains. Anyone so touched is free to jump into Akere's grave with him.

A governor of a whole State that depended on a hospital in another State deserves no pity.

/
Hehe, you are hash oo, Tinubu and DSS will arrest you for this your comment o grin
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Igboslayer: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2023
vowiski:
It was needed, because Aketi and his family almost rubbished the former Dep. Governor.

If things went as they ought to be, I doubt this would have happened
No it was not needed. It serve no purpose. Respect for the former governor would brought him more honor and sympathy. It doesn’t cause him anything, they can rejoice outside the public view and not show that they triumph over his death.

3 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2023
bhella10:
You are right. I hope he borrows a leaf from GEJ otherwise he would be reminded of this saga. Ondo politics is tricky grin

I hope so too. In all this, Ondo people are the pawns in this entire chess game because whether we accept it or not, Aiyedatiwa is more focused on how he'll get APC's ticket to contest next year's guber polls & win.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by dominique(f): 9:24am On Dec 29, 2023
vowiski:
It was needed, because Aketi and his family almost rubbished the former Dep. Governor.

Turai Yar'adua and their cabal did worse to Jonathan yet the Jonathans mourned Yar'adua (though Patience was a bit dramatic). This level of insensitivity is inexcusable
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Greattha: 9:27am On Dec 29, 2023
Gbam!!!

Jayboi:
If the guy comes out to apologise, I think it should calm all worries. But he needed to do that because of the nature of things in this country. The man no wan dull himself o. Dem fit go bring speaker and swear him in. Heaven will not fall so he had to act fast. Tho highly unethical but necessary.
He will still win their primaries no matter what. Those saying APC won't field him are just fooling themselves. All needed is for him to cut a deal with PBAT and that all. APC no dey take power de joke.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by oyeb15: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2023
He should hesitate so that some nonentities will go and get a court filling to stop his innaguration. Then d house would impeach him and d speaker would become governor.

Nigeria politics is dog eat dog. No pity ,no mercy, winner takes all.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by funshint(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2023
flokii:

What if Mr. Akeredolu had died earlier, but the wife and family kept it a secret thinking the new Governor would be removed by their loyalists in the State Assembly?.. Ever thought about that?
I mean we all saw what Yar'adua's wife and family did, trying to hold on to power even after the late President's demise.

What I observed is that the Chief Judge of Ondo State seems not to be on the same page with Aketi and his wife during the whole power tussle, maybe cos he wanted the right thing to be done.
That still doesn't matter....so far there's death involved. No matter what the immediate Aketi family might have done he should still have honoured his boss. That display of funfair was nothing short of insensitive. I'm not even sure he declared all flags to be in half-mast in his honour. If not that'll be too bad of him; he has played himself!

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
Product of the flesh and that is[flesh] the essence of every fallen man.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by bjnice(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2023
aylipple:

Yes, you're right. A friend of mine from Ondo actually confirmed this - that Aiyedatiwa's zone is the next to produce the next governor of the State.

If that's the case, I believe the people from the Zone would prefer their person to do 8yrs (4yrs x 2 terms) as against 6yrs or even 5½ yrs if Aiyedatiwa gets it.

According to the Constitution, he has taken oath of office now to complete Akeredolu's term, if he beats the odds to win the next governorship polls, he can't contest again after that.

On the issue of the Constitution, the Supreme Court has settled that in the case of Jonathan's attempt to seek for second term in 2015.

If the new governor scales through and becomes APC flagbearer. He might spent 9 years on the seat as governor of Ondo State.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Decarbonisation: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2023
vowiski:

Regardless of what was done, it was not needed and necessary.

Sometimes, think out of the box.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by funshint(m): 9:39am On Dec 29, 2023
oyeb15:
He should hesitate so that some nonentities will go and get a court filling to stop his innaguration. Then d house would impeach him and d speaker would become governor.

Nigeria politics is dog eat dog. No pity ,no mercy, winner takes all.

No court will even grant that order once his death has been publicly announced. Such judge can be sanctioned. Some things are very clear in the constitution and cannot be altered.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2023
bjnice:

On the issue of the Constitution, the Supreme Court has settled that in the case of Jonathan's attempt to seek for second term in 2015.

If the new governor scales through and becomes APC flagbearer. He might spent 9 years on the seat as governor of Ondo State.

On the contrary Sir, the Constitution has been amended to make it impossible for a Governor or President to take the oath of office more than two times.

I think it was amended and passed into law either under the 8th or 9th National Assembly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/new-law-stops-vp-who-completes-presidents-tenure-from-contesting-twice/%3famp
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by oyeb15: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2023
funshint:

No court will even grant that order once his death has been publicly announced. Such judge can be sanctioned. Some things are very clear in the constitution and cannot be altered.

Haaa, they look for loopholes in our constitution to suit d ruling class. Things like 'hes still under impeachment probe by the HoA could ruin his chances'
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by agabusta: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

How can you say he was nothing??

Nobody brings someone who does not have the right qualities and things to offer to work for him.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by greypencils: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2023
Dog eat dog world. Life is transient and people forget the good you do to them. In all, family comes first. They are the only ones that will miss you when you are gone.

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by vowiski(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

This is the constitution. It’s not a family meeting. When Yar Adua’s death was made official, immediately Goodluck was sworn it.

This is not an emotional matter ..

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by vowiski(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2023
tete7000:
I witnessed it and it was so sad it was celebrated with so much jubilation. That notwithstanding it should equally be noted that Akeredolu gave room to all the shenanigans, why not resign when it was obvious he was barely clinging to life? Why did he and his family give their enemy room to taunt them? If he has resigned the same way he once asked Yaradua to do, his dying would have been more dignified. The power tussle he engaged in in his last days was totally unnecessary. May his soul rest in peace.

Ayedatiwa should also note that those who live in glass house don't throw stones. Everyone will die someday, all of us.

You expect his supporters to turn the place to a graveyard ? Haba

The way Una dey reason dey tire person ..

Where were you when the late governors family made mockery of Lucky? Shuu
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by gare(f): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

How can you say someone that drives in a bulletproof car is nothing? Sometimes you guys just talk as if he was picked from the road side to become deputy governor, that same bulletproof car he donated to Akiti when he was made the candidate for ACN, the family rubbished whatever loyalty he had, but he should have allowed wisdom to prevail rather than seek revenge with a power hungry wife
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by vowiski(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2023
Mekus007001:

You are a big fool.... block Head
Rot in hell
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by CANTICLES: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2023
Morphinne:

Only callous idiots take fights with them to the grave. When one party dies, every grudge should be dropped . We all know he is not responsible for his death and that he’s happy but he should have at least hid his excitement at that occasion. Anyways, congratulations to the new one-year accidental governor!

Thank you.
This is what alot of folks don't understand, no one said you shouldn't be excited, but There is something called Public Relations.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Britishpea: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Akeredolu family played a lot of games while the Ayedatiwa was too ambitious also. They all are guilty and as it was, it looked like every of them was for the selfish reasons as usual.

Till now, Akeredolu family are still hiding things. They claimed he died in Germany where as two other reports earlier said he died in Lagos. Now Aiyedatiwa said he died in his home in Ibadan.

It’s looking like Akeredolu had died long before now and they just decided to let us know yesterday.

Nigeria politics is very crude with alot of lacuna to pave ways for thievery.

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by tete7000(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2023
vowiski:

You expect his supporters to turn the place to a graveyard ? Haba

The way Una dey reason dey tire person ..

Where were you when the late governors family made mockery of Lucky? Shuu

It is very clear your comprehension skill is so poor, indeed very, very poor. If not, you won't reply me the way you did. You can go back, and slowly, slowly read through my post. If you still find it difficult to comprehend, pay someone to explain it well to you. Best of luck to you.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by gigabyte13: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2023
Person wey Dem wan impeach like two months ago, don finally be Governor
God no be anybody Papa mate.........

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by afala06: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2023
I also watched the live event,and was surprised at the merry,stead of a somber mood of the people present.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Osinbajo At The Flagoff Of Ogun Cleanup Exercise / EndSARS: No Traces Of Any Protester At Lekki Toll Gate - Akanni Ola / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.