Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) (38699 Views)

Lucky Aiyedatiwa Makes First Appointments As Governor / Lucky Aiyedatiwa Sworn-In As Governor Of Ondo State / Udensi: Governor Ikpeazu's Vacation In Turkey Display Of Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by BarrElChapo(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2023
Usually deputies aren’t necessarily friends of the governor or president, it’s a party choice usually.

Akeredolu should be rolling in his grave trying to cling to power instead of making peace with his maker, gives us a hint of who the man was.

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2023
He should always remember that death is a leveller! Every soul must taste death!!
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by danietohbadt(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2023
I've gone through your previous posts on NL. No need to long the matter, your posts say it all
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Druss(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2023
funshint:
It should have been a solemn and private affair involving just him, the judge and some few journalists. It was a display of lack of emotional intelligence on the part of the new governor and the other officials involved in the swearing-in. This will definitely go far.

Inauguration cannot be private. What are you on about?

Do you understand the phrase? The King is dead. Long live the King. When Elizabeth died, did Charles not rejoice during his inauguration?
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by kayusely70(m): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2023
iwaeda:

This is most likely an Aketi supporter, who thought Aiyedatiwa will NEVER become governor. They tried impeachment, but Lucky is his name. grin grin grin grin
Yes! They never imagined him to become the governor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2023
lexy2014:
how did he rejoice and dance?

what is the treacherous act you are referring to?
If u got educated very well u will see clearly the treacherous act.
I had commented something similar the very minute I saw the inauguration even before this write up. I thought I was swing animals in that Hall.
I do not support either Aketi or the present governor now, but I read character. And the character of the present governor now is unstatesmanlike and regretful

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 10:16am On Dec 29, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Akeredolu son and wife were acting as the governor instead of Ayedatiwa.

A lot of them complaining will do far worst if they are in his shoes.

People like the OP are complaining because they are about to lose their source of income.
The way u people support bad things just because of sentiments ehn? God will judge all of u. U guys behave like u didn’t go through school or u do not even have any religion.
That mans attitude was nauseating. A normal and civilized human being will feel repulsed

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by lexy2014: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2023
thinkmoney:

If u got educated very well u will see clearly the treacherous act.
I had commented something similar the very minute I saw the inauguration even before this write up. I thought I was swing animals in that Hall.
I do not support either Aketi or the present governor now, but I read character. And the character of the present governor now is unstatesmanlike and regretful

1. how did he rejoice and dance?

2. what is the treacherous act you are referring to?

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 10:27am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

It was needed to rejoice and dance on the same day his boss just died? Aiyedatiwa was nothing before Aketi brought him to contest with him and this is how he repaid him. Nothing can justify this treacherous act

And he was treated like nothing as a deputy governor too.I don’t understand the reasons why governors and presidents do not like to hand over to their deputies when they are sick . It’s not like they will impeach him before he comes back .

I don’t blame him for his reaction . The governor stopped being his boss and became his enemy .

Also it is a win for Ondo people who have been governed by a sick and absentee governor for months . Active governance can resume

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:
The Display of Insensitivity at Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration

There shouldn't be any day of vacancy on that seat.

So, let your anger be the manner of his celebration..

And not that he was sworn in on the same day his predecessor died.
(Because that's what it is supposed to be)
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 10:36am On Dec 29, 2023
thinkmoney:

The way u people support bad things just because of sentiments ehn? God will judge all of u. U guys behave like u didn’t go through school or u do not even have any religion.
That mans attitude was nauseating. A normal and civilized human being will feel repulsed

You are the sentimental one . So because someone who tormented and almost impeached him died , he should be rolling on the floor crying ? He is perceived by the former governor and his loyalists as an enemy . Abeg all is fair in love and war
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by femi4: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:
The Display of Insensitivity at Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration

Akeredolu's didn't do the needful when the ovation was loudest. Respect begat Respect
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2023
aylipple:
Knowing APC as currently held by the jugular by PBAT & his loyal stooge, Ganduje, this is the best deal Aiyedatiwa will get; completing Akeredolu's tenure only! Someone else will fly the flag for the party in the governorship polls for Ondo next year.

Lol . Then you don’t know politics one bit . No permanent enemy or friend . By mid-2024 , they will all be chummy and all will be forgotten about Akeredolu . No be last year Queen Elizabeth die . How many people dey remember am . The world will move on VERY fast
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by femi4: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

It was needed to rejoice and dance on the same day his boss just died? Aiyedatiwa was nothing before Aketi brought him to contest with him and this is how he repaid him. Nothing can justify this treacherous act
That's the problem. He's not their to please his boss but the people

The post isn't meant for self gratification

2 Likes

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2023
DissTroy:
Why are people needlessly oversensitive?

His erstwhile boss and the Ondo State House of Assembly tried to get him kicked out for demanding constitutional transfer of power when he became incapacitated.

They made him the enemy and treated him badly till the last minute. I'd have been surprised if he was all moody and everything as that'd have meant he's a pretender. I like me a person who is upfront in how they feel.

The Office of the Governor can't be personalised. Governance must go on.
Why do u think we talk about Ghandi and Mandela to this day? If u can answer this question then u are not yet totally a degenerate
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by LONEWOLFJOHN: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2023
vowiski:
It was needed, because Aketi and his family almost rubbished the former Dep. Governor.

If things went as they ought to be, I doubt this would have happened
atleast he suppose to pretend, he can also die, anybody can die
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2023
blaise26abj:

You are the sentimental one . So because someone who tormented and almost impeached him died , he should be rolling on the floor crying ? He is perceived by the former governor and his loyalists as an enemy . Abeg all is fair in love and war
A lot of your mentality and many other Nigerians aren’t different from animals. That’s why our society is like this.
Why do we adore Mandela and Ghandi to this day? There is what is regarded as civil character. When Saul died David mourned extraordinarily. Mark Anthony eulogized Brutus after he saw their end. Ceaser too eulogized Pompei. These are civil character and human values you are supposed to acquire in schools. These are the real reason why we go to school so that we form the proper mindset and attitude. These are what they teach us in church (or maybe you are not a Christian).

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2023
lexy2014:

There is a reason why u couldn’t see theses things. That first utterance “aku orire o” is unstatesmanlike. The hall too was boisterous all through. They behaved like animals.
Character in leadership and in most places is everything. It’s the kind of characters we have been defending or condoning that have formed our present society

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2023
Hmmm A deputy's loyalty should never be in doubt to his boss bt also to the constitution.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Areacleo: 10:58am On Dec 29, 2023
I think most exec Govs should not be using anyone name lucky for dep govs again... Can anyone remember another lucky? Goodluck... Jonathan.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by erniok(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2023
gracealonev:
I don’t think his prompt swearing-in should be a problem because, there mustn't be a vacuum, ordinarily. However, it appears the man has the attitude of a conqueror in the current circumstance. He might be one of those who don't know how to manage success.

He was still acting governor so there no vacuum unlike GEJ's case. He should have been magnanimous in victory.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Lamasta(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2023
Aketi family and his political associates held the state captive even when they know the late governor is incapacitated to carryout his duties instead they are witchunting an innocent Rep Governor shouting betrayal up and down the same they shouted and force out the then deputy Governor also Agboola...

Inauguration is a thing of joy and not a place of mourning the circumstances that led to this quagmire were all orchestrated by the family of Late Aketi and his political beneficiaries who refuse to relinquish power when it was obvious their principal cannot handle day to day running of government activities.....

God bless Onto State

R I P our amiable and gallant Governor Arakurin Rotimi Akeredilu

God bless our new Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Lamasta(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2023
erniok:

He was still acting governor so there no vacuum unlike GEJ's case. He should have been magnanimous in victory.
If they have succeeded in impeaching him then would you be saying all this....

Let the new governor breathe abeg, its the late governors family and political beneficiaries that held the state ransom making it look as I've the deputy is desperate whereas they are the one enjoying while the state is bleeding.

1 Like

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by bhella10: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2023
aylipple:

I hope so too. In all this, Ondo people are the pawns in this entire chess game because whether we accept it or not, Aiyedatiwa is more focused on how he'll get APC's ticket to contest next year's guber polls & win.
I believe he'll get it based on what he does with the little time left to the next guber. A wise man would continue with Akeredolu's blue print for a start. A good PR too will gloss things back a little bit.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aremubabs: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2023
Which one is "A ku orire o"

Very insensitive!!!
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 11:25am On Dec 29, 2023
bhella10:
I believe he'll get it based on what he does with the little time left to the next guber. A wise man would continue with Akeredolu's blue print for a start. A good PR too will gloss things back a little bit.

Like you said, it's based on what he does with the little time left. I wish Ondo people well. May God also help Aiyedatiwa make the right decisions at all times.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2023
blaise26abj:

Lol . Then you don’t know politics one bit . No permanent enemy or friend . By mid-2024 , they will all be chummy and all will be forgotten about Akeredolu . No be last year Queen Elizabeth die . How many people dey remember am . The world will move on VERY fast

Okay.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2023
thinkmoney:

A lot of your mentality and many other Nigerians aren’t different from animals. That’s why our society is like this.
Why do we adore Mandela and Ghandi to this day? There is what is regarded as civil character. When Saul died David mourned extraordinarily. Mark Anthony eulogized Brutus after he saw their end. Ceaser too eulogized Pompei. These are civil character and human values you are supposed to acquire in schools. These are the real reason why we go to school so that we form the proper mindset and attitude. These are what they teach us in church (or maybe you are not a Christian).

Like I said you are just being sentimental . Even your opening statement is a direct opposite of what you claim to preach .

All the historical people you wrote up there are just to whip up unnecessary sentiments again . I will not engage you on that . Even the David you wrote about , read about his atrocities in war, love and family .

Your type are always quick to insult Nigerians because of your myopic and biased mentality . You falsely believe you have attained a state of morality hence become a self appointed moral policeman. Even the almighty US is way more morally bankrupt than Nigerians .

So sir sit your sentimental ass down and drink water !
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2023
OndoEyes:

That person you quoted is not Yoruba..
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by lexy2014: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2023
thinkmoney:

There is a reason why u couldn’t see theses things. That first utterance “aku orire o” is unstatesmanlike. The hall too was boisterous all through. They behaved like animals.
Character in leadership and in most places is everything. It’s the kind of characters we have been defending or condoning that have formed our present society

are u sure u understand the questions?

Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by Aquila99: 11:31am On Dec 29, 2023
aylipple:
Knowing APC as currently held by the jugular by PBAT & his loyal stooge, Ganduje, this is the best deal Aiyedatiwa will get; completing Akeredolu's tenure only! Someone else will fly the flag for the party in the governorship polls for Ondo next year.

Likely Olushola oke or kekemeke.
Re: The Display Of Insensitivity At Lucky Aiyedatiwa's Inauguration (Video) by aylipple: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2023
Aquila99:

Likely Olushola oke or kekemeke.

Do you know if they're from the same Zone as Aiyedatiwa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Capsule That Got Tongues Wagging As Nigerians React / Atahiru Jega Addressed The Nigerian Senate On 18th February 2014 (Video) / Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.