Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture (896 Views)

Man Drops Girlfriend At Park Not Knowing She Was Traveling For Her Wedding / Help ! My Gf Is Circumcised / My Gf Is Always Wet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Thiago890: 10:24am On Dec 29, 2023
My new girlfriend recently opened up to me that she is struggling with the fact that I know little about the Yoruba culture. We are both from Osun State but I was born and raised in PH(my mum is a PH woman too). I understand little Yoruba/can speak a little too and just trying to learn more about the culture lately.

Pls how do I resolve this situation? Thanks Nairalanders
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by silvoclaira: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2023

What happened next?!

Spit it out!

1 Like

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Zonefree(m): 10:35am On Dec 29, 2023
Thiago890:
My new girlfriend recently opened up to me that she is struggling with the fact that I know little about the Yoruba culture. We are both from Osun State but I was born and raised in PH(my mum is a PH woman too). I understand little Yoruba/can speak a little too and just trying to learn more about the culture lately.

Pls how do I resolve this situation? Thanks Nairalanders
Sack your girlfriend and get yourself an understanding girlfriend.

6 Likes

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by immortalcrown(m): 10:37am On Dec 29, 2023
Thiago890:
Pls how do I resolve this situation?
It is very simple. You either become an expert of the culture so as to satisfy her since that is part of her priority in the relationship, or you dump her and get another girl who has no problem with your little knowledge of the culture.

1 Like

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by TemplarLandry: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2023
smiley
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Lonestar124: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2023
Okay, go osun state, your father village, spend some time there, tell your girlfriend you going there to learn the Yoruba culture..if that is an issue in your relationship..

1 Like

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by NoSmoking: 10:58am On Dec 29, 2023
Visit Osun state

Even Davido as rich as he is, he goes home

They know him in Ede
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Thiago890: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:
Visit Osun state

Even Davido as rich as he is, he goes home

They know him in Ede

I school in Osun state. That’s how I met her
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by GreatAchiever1: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2023
It seems your girl is someone who loves her culture and wants you to also share in that love since you both come from the same place. I would say that is a green flag because, as a man, you ought to know things about your culture, even if you don't know much. At least show interest in it and a desire to learn about it. Tell her to teach you what she knows, or if you have anyone who can teach you, then great. Just learn about your culture; its your ancestral roots.

1 Like

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by NoSmoking: 11:03am On Dec 29, 2023
Thiago890:

I school in Osun state. That’s how I met her

U shd have picked up Yoruba

Thats where I served

Very cultural people
Where in Osun state?
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by faxana(f): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2023
Random, but there is a Portuguese boy who's your moniker namesake. He's Yoruba through and through. If not for his race, there'll be no doubts about his ethnicity.
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Gadafii: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Tell her you are willing to learn, let her teach you if she sincerely loves you

Teaching my partner my language and culture is one thing I enjoy doin, I want to know your local name, where you grew up which school you attended, your relationship your parents if they are alive, If you don’t know how to speak your language dies to circuit I won’t blame you, but if I see you are not willing to learn it, There is an issue

1 Like

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Northernblood7(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
PH is not a tribe. Lets say no to stupidity
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by NaBanga: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
It means you don't have money. She is stylishly trying to push you away. If Obi Cubana asked her to be a second wife, you wouldn't hear pim or peep.
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Thiago890: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2023
Northernblood7:
PH is not a tribe. Lets say no to stupidity

No need for the insult Chief. I meant Ikwerre. My mum is Ikwerre
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Northernblood7(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thiago890:

No need for the insult Chief. I meant Ikwerre. My mum is Ikwerre

Ikwere people too the misbehave. I have never seen people that hates their language pass Ikwere people. That's why they always conceal their identity. Una parents for just change una name to Rumuikwere
Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Kobicove(m): 4:22am On Dec 30, 2023
You should make a conscious effort to learn more about your tribe

1 Like

Re: My GF Is Having Issues With Me Not Knowing Much About Yoruba Culture by Yomit71(m): 6:13am On Dec 30, 2023
faxana:
Random, but there is a Portuguese boy who's your moniker namesake. He's Yoruba through and through. If not for his race, there'll be no doubts about his ethnicity.
Please can I know you

(1) (Reply)

Why Aren't Highly Beautiful Women Found In Productive Sectors / This Fine Yoruba Guy Drives A Power Bike / Xmas Wishes: Lay Them Down Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.