Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" (37178 Views)

Reno Omokri Gives Reasons Why Nigerians Fleeing Sudan Were Rejected In Ethiopia / Miyetti Allah Members Now Fleeing Nigeria To Escape Bandits’ Attacks... / Why We Attempted Fleeing Nigeria – 58 Medical Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by jojothaiv(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2023
A country of numerous resources has become a labyrinth of misfortunes. Governed by the worst of leaders who have weaponized poverty for their selfish interest—that is, when patriotic Nigerians rise to question, and fight, the government, their opponent would be fellow poor Nigerians, fighting tooth and nail for the same politicians who have kept them so.

Regrettably, some folks on this thread are a living testimony of the above.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Tntsi: 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
You must be a foolish fool to expect anything good from the devilish and dark system and platform that produced this criminal leadership.
Nothing good and real will can come out from this sort of dead conscience group of criminals and desecrators.

Individuals here and there with clean hands, will do good, but as a nation, you are deceiving yourself. Tinubu and his gang are operating with a cursed mandate. Nothing real can come from it.
Until the desecrators of the land are taken away, forget Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Lincton: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
It's like nobody believes in this country again
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Glassysea(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fidel Castro is in power

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Walz001: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
Because we cant work as a Team and because we dont want ro Think out of the Box

We want to rather go to where someone else has built and make luxuries about it

We still have something greater than the whites
we need is to stand as one Nd make it work

My take

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by d142475: 10:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
THE REASON IS SIMPLE: THE NIGERIAN STATE IS ANTI-NIGERIANS. THE STATE IS STRURTCURED TO DESTROY THE LIVES AND LIVELIHOOD OF NIGERIANS AND DEPRIVE THEM OF THEIR GOD-GIVEN DIGNITY. THE MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS THAT FLEE NIGERIAN ARE NOT POOR, THEY ARE MIDDLE CLASS AND CAN LEAD A GGOD LIFE ECONOMICALLY IN NIGERIA. THEY ARE FLEEING FROM THE EVIL THAT IS THE NIGERIAN STATE. A STATE THAT DELIGHTS IN OPPRESSING CITZIENS AND THROWING THEM INTO MISERY. A STATE THAT GIVES PROTECTION AND SUCCOR TO TERRORISTS. NIGERIANS ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE, BUT THE NIGERIAN STATE IS A GIGANTIC EVIL ENTITY.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by sulaak(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
greenermodels:
Honestly, Nigeria have never worked, Nigeria is not working and Nigeria would never work, let's peacefully break up this country so that smaller, more manageable true nations can emerge from it.

Nigeria's future is a mirror of what Sudan has become.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by sulaak(m): 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
mentored:

Let me scatter the table

One out of the three major tribes in Nigeria believes that any (fair) head can bring change.

She and her people no send other tribes provided they feel they can at least try.

The most populous out of the three - is the headquarters of poverty - Over 60% of The problems in Nigeria can be attributed to them (I will leave the argument of how the % came about to your imagination)

The second most populous tribe is DEEPLY Tribalistic - Nigeria was nearly there this past election, but deep rooted tribalism from some in that section ruined everything.

The last of the three have been majorly 'apolitical' after the civil war, leaving politics to thieves amongst them. In fact they are all over the world even before the mass exodus! They are known for not supporting their own - their reason - our own are either thieves or we know they won't win! They proved it in the last election.

Leave the pockets of issues of the other sections of the country, these three hold the rod.

Caution!

Please note that NOT EVERYONE FROM ABOVE IS MAD!

But a lot are!

Every Nigerian is tribalistic, including the Igbos. The Hausa are dominated by the shrewd and politically sophisticated Fulani's; the Yorubas are fed up being hosted to every Nigerian ethnic groups. The country will soon split for the good of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by WELLINGTON202: 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
CORRUPTION HAS MADE PEOPLE LOSE THEIR SELF CONFIDENCE
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by nairamaniac: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
madone:
grin Nigerians are looking for freedom. They are looking better livelihood. No one can stop them from moving not all this plenty talks and if one country close another will open. The only thing that will reduce japa is a better Nigeria and I repeat again we never move reach Indians , Chinese, Mexicans and Pakistanis
The Chinese and indians don't permanently migrate.
Most of them still frequent their countries.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Xtraterestial: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
Only way is separation into smaller managable states, this country can't survive another twenty years at this rate, it will collapse on its own. population growth doesn't match industrial out put.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Fortruth: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Nigeria = Nigger Area

Created by rogue British thugs and named by a British side chic horr…

Today look at the place…

Same British fought tooth and nail to defeat all opposition to their creation and today Niggers like Tiwa are singing King Charles praise and wearing weaves to their nyash

LOL

Blackies
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Bridget95(f): 12:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Who want to be in a so called country where close to 200 people are murdered in cold blood,no body does anything about it but empty speeches by the government .

After few weeks the same thing happens again and the circle continues till eternity.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by jimcaddy(m): 12:19am On Dec 30, 2023
They should keep running. What we don't know is that in the long run, we are setting a very dangerous precedent for our children and children's children. In that case make everyone kuku relocate and we shut Nigeria down so we can know that there is no more Nigeria. How about that? How many people from other African countries do you see running away and emigrating to foreign countries like we do? I've said it that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Nigeria no good, Nigeria no good, let Nigerians exchange with England citizens. Let England Citizens come to Nigeria and Nigerians move to England. You will see that come five years, England citizens will turn the same Nigeria that is bad into England back, while we Nigerians that moved to England will turn England back into Nigeria. It's we ourselves who are the problem, not any government. Is it robots that run the government? No be humans like me and you? Our mind set needs to change first. If we want a good country, we will have it. Problem is, Nigerians are very selfish and self centred people. As long as something will benefit us, we don't mind if any other thing spoils in the process.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by DrAkpamudehe: 12:24am On Dec 30, 2023
jimcaddy:
They should keep running. What we don't know is that in the long run, we are setting a very dangerous precedent for our children and children's children. In that case make everyone kuku relocate and we shut Nigeria down so we can know that there is no more Nigeria. How about that? How many people from other African countries do you see running away and emigrating to foreign countries like we do? I've said it that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Nigeria no good, Nigeria no good, let Nigerians exchange with England citizens. Let England Citizens come to Nigeria and Nigerians move to England. You will see that come five years, England citizens will turn the same Nigeria that is bad into England back, while we Nigerians that moved to England will turn England back into Nigeria. It's we ourselves who are the problem, not any government. Is it robots that run the government? No be humans like me and you? Our mind set needs to change first. If we want a good country, we will have it. Problem is, Nigerians are very selfish and self centred people. As long as something will benefit us, we don't mind if any other thing spoils in the process.

Pls shut up
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ttoyetade: 12:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Princewill1:
The fleeing is a typical black man behavior. Black people, Nigerians inclusive always go the easy route that's why we are despised around the world because we can't create or fix shiit. We only seek to consume in an already prepared table.

Turkey has been in economic crisis for more two years now. They have been experiencing hyper inflation, currency devaluation and high cost of goods and services. The economic tumoil in Turkey is bigger than that of Nigeria.

Turkey inflation rate - 61%

Nigeria inflation rate - 28.9%

Japa is not "trending" in Turkey, but it's trending in Nigeria. That's the difference between a black man and other races.

Hardship is everywhere, it's only dvmb people that doesn't know this.

Thank you so much for having a different opinion. No safe haven anywhere on the planet now. Argentina is even worse currency depreciated by more than 50%, subsidy removed and very high inflation. It is a time to stay and be creative . The answer is not in Japaing. The days of easy and profitable Japaing are over. There is hardship all over now. If the citizens of every country Japa anytime there is a small problem how will they recover ?

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Alpharey: 12:33am On Dec 30, 2023
Disasii:
Make them dey go, make we see space

Some F*lani leaders' wish...
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Alpharey: 12:36am On Dec 30, 2023
ttoyetade:

Thank you so much for having a different opinion. No safe haven anywhere on the planet now. Argentina is even worse currency depreciated by more than 50%, subsidy removed and very high inflation. It is a time to stay and be creative . The answer is not in Japaing. The days of easy and profitable Japaing are over. There is hardship all over now. If the citizens of every country Japa anytime there is a small problem how will they recover ?

Unfortunately, Nigerian leaders are not ready or willing to change
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by 2elliot: 12:47am On Dec 30, 2023
Yorubas and the north have killed the country.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Abufo: 1:54am On Dec 30, 2023
Yankee101:

So you think is it’s broken into pieces the adulteration and love of money by all means will stop in the east, banditary and religious intolerance will stop in the north and corruption and targeting of none indigenes will stop in the west?

No be idiocy dey worry you........live of money in the east ! How is that your concern in the north , where you come from? Break the zoo up now! Make everybody carry his own wahala !!

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by bluefilm: 3:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Let my people go!
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Flets: 3:35am On Dec 30, 2023
SeaTrade:
I found out that people are doing this not for any other reason but simply because others are doing it.
I'd elaborate,
So my date recently start to dey tell me make we japa,
Why?
Because her brother abroad simply told her there's a lot of money where he is.
She want abandon all she's worked for here,a job that pays N20m PA and carry all her savings invest in wild goose chase and is seriously lobbying me to go with her.
Omo I first dey reason am ooo,but with all what we're doing?No abeg.
As I tell her say I no follow,the moral she had Don die finish and she just dey hang face for me grin
Make I leave all my work go enter school dey do odd job,hoping for a miracle.
Now imagine if I'm not a logical person that also believe in that their thing?
I Don join the stats be that na.
90% of all japarians combined will end up in warehouses and their biggest prospects na registered nurse,wetin be that?Na so good life and future for my unborn kids dey be? undecided
Foolish people

Your analogy is shallow. Your babe is a wise woman.

10yrs down the line, you will be full of regrets.

Folks who have attained what your pursue in multiple factors have either left of or moved their families. You ain’t the smartest
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Cromagnon: 3:36am On Dec 30, 2023
TheOgaBoss:
no, it failed because people like you insist on handing the reins of governance

(you nko,)

to questionable characters like the present occupant of aso rock, due to tribal and religious sentiment.(

didn't you Vote for tribe and religion)[/quote]

. sadly, there are millions of folks just like u.
You do realise you're making my point. Millions failed, you included
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Jeboy(m): 3:44am On Dec 30, 2023
20m Per Annum? Let him mention the industry and sector she's working.

You want to force false hope of Nigeria on us?

DrAkpamudehe:

All these online braggarts, pls which job does your fiancee who is most likely an entry level staff have that pays #20m? Except your fiancee is in her late 40s and 50s in the managerial cadre, there is no way she will earn #20m as a corporate staff in Nigeria. And am sure you are not up to 31yrs, so your fiancee who should be your age or less would 99percent likely be an entry level career person. All these useless nairaland braggarts, you guys think it's everybody who is as stupid as your brains? Pls shut the furck with all these lies.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Jeboy(m): 3:51am On Dec 30, 2023
May Nigeria not happen to him...however I doubt the authenticity of his claim.

Even the politicians who earn a lot illegally in Nigeria are always sending their children abroad to set them up for better lives.

Flets:

Your analogy is shallow. Your babe is a wise woman.

10yrs down the line, you will be full of regrets.

Folks who have attained what your pursue in multiple factors have either left of or moved their families. You ain’t the smartest
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by occfx: 4:44am On Dec 30, 2023
KingOfAmebo:
Here's a trending article I read on the world's most popular forum Quora.

"Opportunities once flowed in Nigeria as abundantly as the Niger River, but that narrative has long changed.

Nigerians, known to be resourceful, educated, and fueled by ambition are leaving the shores of their motherland in droves, not in a casual drift but in a frantic exodus.

They're running from a crucible of crises that boils and overflows, leaving a residue of despair with no extinguisher in sight.

A country of numerous resources has become a labyrinth of misfortunes. Governed by the worst of leaders who have weaponized poverty for their selfish interest—that is, when patriotic Nigerians rise to question, and fight, the government, their opponent would be fellow poor Nigerians, fighting tooth and nail for the same politicians who have kept them so.

Nigerians find themselves locked in an ever-intensifying cycle of multi-dimensional problems. From economic chaos to sometimes, unbearable insecurity, the nation's woes accumulate like sediment, each layer more crippling than the last.

The government that the masses put their hopes on as custodian of public interest, has turned the country into a family enterprise, brokering ill-advised deals that mortgage the country’s future. Deals that have dwindled the Naira's value like melting ice.

Petrol prices have soared skyward to three times what they were just months ago, pulling along dreams and ambitions into fury flames.

And yet, our leaders plead for patience in a land where patience has bled dry. With this reality, the rich find their escape routes, seeking refuge in developed countries that offer a semblance of stability, leaving behind poor Nigerians tethered by financial constraints.

The only thing that seems permanent in Nigeria has become the disheartening truth that our yesteryears often outshine our tomorrows. This mass migration of Nigerians isn’t just alarming but frightening—a "brain drain" as it's called, because it's the middle class and skilled Nigerians who are leaving the country in droves.

Those who can no longer wait for the dawn are chasing the sun elsewhere, hoping to find what has become elusive at home— a life of value, a life worth living.

Nigeria has, year after year performed below expectations and for every emigrant, the implication is clear: faith in the motherland has eroded, leaving behind only the skeletal remains of what was once a thriving belief in a shared future that Nigerians can unite and make something out of themselves for the good of everyone who calls Nigeria home."

Cc: Victor Dirikebamor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nigerians-fleeing-Nigeria/answer/Victor-Dirikebamor?ch=15&oid=1477743690646613&share=43e687aa&srid=nIcOD&target_type=answer

Because of great Tinubulation. Nigeria is at war with herself
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by RKTexpert: 5:02am On Dec 30, 2023
I go soon change my DNA, carry my offsprings go implant them for another country...permanently
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ArticleBeast: 5:29am On Dec 30, 2023
Like less than 0.5 percent of Nigerians are japaing and we won’t hear word
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by emmaodet: 5:38am On Dec 30, 2023
UnfairLife7:
i personally know two persons finding it difficult to secure a reasonable job in Nigeria after school, luckily they got helped to relocate. They're doing pretty fine now for themselves supporting their families at home and established businesses

A dog in Nigeria can be a lion abroad

You are like the proverbial tortoise, the local pot seller that was asked how much is a pot and he answered the child is sick.
What is the correlation between the cost of a pot and a sick child?
I replied a comment about a moniker who says splitting the country into a smaller version is the solution to the present problem and you are replying me with how someone who japa is doing better and sending money home than is nija counterpart.
Is there any correlation between the 2?
Do you now see why many student fail waec and jamb? Despite claiming they wrote the exam well and then throwing jabs at nija educational system meanwhile they lack comprehension skills.
A subject has subtopics which was what I tackled but you answered with the main topic.
It's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by UnfairLife7(m): 5:41am On Dec 30, 2023
emmaodet:

You are like the proverbial tortoise, the local pot seller that was asked how much is a pot and he answered the child is sick.
What is the correlation between the cost of a pot and a sick child?
I replied a comment about a moniker who says splitting the country into a smaller version is the solution to the present problem and you are replying me with how someone who japa is doing better and sending money home than is nija counterpart.
Is there any correlation between the 2?
Do you now see why many student fail waec and jamb? Despite claiming they wrote the exam well and then throwing jabs at nija educational system meanwhile they lack comprehension skills.
A subject has subtopics which was what I tackled but you answered with the main topic.
It's well
I didn't quote you base on your epistle to the person. I am telling you how your country had killed lots of potentials

A dog in Nigeria can be a lion in a saner cline

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Akpabio Withdrew From Senatorial Rerun - PDP / History Of Abacha’s Theft Is Being Rewritten Before Our Eyes By Farooq Kperogi / Soludo to BAT: SE got Best Ministerial Positions, despite Giving you Least Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.