Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,196 members, 7,829,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" (37243 Views)

Reno Omokri Gives Reasons Why Nigerians Fleeing Sudan Were Rejected In Ethiopia / Miyetti Allah Members Now Fleeing Nigeria To Escape Bandits’ Attacks... / Why We Attempted Fleeing Nigeria – 58 Medical Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by UnfairLife7(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRASH AND LIES.

When you calculate the bills a maid or cleaner has to pay, her salary is a pittance, and barely enough to eat. She can barely pay to live in a small room. Forget flat or apartment.

These are the sort of lies that have led to Nigerians working as slaves in Libya and Lebanon, leading them to go on Youtube to appeal to Nigerian government to rescue them.

A cleaner in US earn more than a Nigerian professor. A cleaner in US can build mansion in Nigeria within a stipulated period of time considering Nigeria weak and worthless currency but your professor can never afford to build a mansion throughout his lifetime

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by UnfairLife7(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

NIGERIANS ARE VERY UNITED AND LOVE NIGERIA.

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HATE NIGERIA ARE IGBOS, WHO CONSTITUTE A MERE 15% OF THE POPULATION.

99% OF THE POSTERS ON THIS THREAD ARE IGBOS.

THEY ARE OUTCASTS OF NIGERIA AND THEIR VIEWS ARE IRRELEVANT.
Nigerian are not united stop fooling yourself. Tribalism and nepotism is the norms in Nigeria
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Erima23tgv: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
:
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Paracetamol01: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
I rather fight for my dog 🐕🐕🐕 than fight to make Nigeria better
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by soccerlite: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
Whalis:
When occultic men gained leadership positions things fall apart.
There is hardly any politician in the government houses of the states of South South that is not a cult member. These people have sold their conscience. They have mortgage some precious things in their lives and for this reason they want those who have not to either follow suit or die in penury by making draconic laws that pitch the common man with hardship.

It's not only ss. No godly person does politics

You must be a devil incarnate to be a successful nigeria politician
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Calitoscassius(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2023
MT:

Good things will come out of Nigeria, sadly you will not taste the goodness of the land.
Good things will never ever ever come outta Naigeria grin grin for more than 60 years nothing good came outta Naigeria and the same thieves ruling Naigeria are still there today stealing and looting. You can keep dreaming. Nothing wrong with dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Whalis: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
soccerlite:

It's not only ss. No godly person does politics

You must be a devil incarnate to be a successful nigeria politician

Even the fight in Rivers State is an occultic one.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by warrifinest1985: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
My grandfather once told me that when you see a rat run in to a burning bush just know that what is after the rat is hotter! Am suprised that any sensible person would be asking this kind of dumb question, i was in a bar one day when i over heard a guy telling his friend that if them give am afganistan visa today him go carry him bag and japa to afghanistan, that just show you how desperate nigerians are to japa because he said he can live anywhere in the world apart from Nigeria
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Godsonkemz(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
Because Nigeria is synonymous to hardship and suffering.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by KingOfAmebo(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2023
sunboy:

How ? That post was by a Nigerian. Not sure about the purpose.

Yes, a Nigerian saying the truth on a foriegn plateform with millions of readers worldwide...do you even know how big the effect is?

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Quintessence44: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Naa! I don't think Naigerians are that stupid not to know the difference between Libya, Lebanon and UK, America or Austrailia..

Are you thick?

Who said they don't know the difference?

They are headed to Europe and they get STUCK in Libya etc, captured and enslaved.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ComeToJesus: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
KingOfAmebo:
Here's a trending article I read on the world's most popular forum Quora.

"Opportunities once flowed in Nigeria as abundantly as the Niger River, but that narrative has long changed.

Nigerians, known to be resourceful, educated, and fueled by ambition are leaving the shores of their motherland in droves, not in a casual drift but in a frantic exodus.

They're running from a crucible of crises that boils and overflows, leaving a residue of despair with no extinguisher in sight.

A country of numerous resources has become a labyrinth of misfortunes. Governed by the worst of leaders who have weaponized poverty for their selfish interest—that is, when patriotic Nigerians rise to question, and fight, the government, their opponent would be fellow poor Nigerians, fighting tooth and nail for the same politicians who have kept them so.

Nigerians find themselves locked in an ever-intensifying cycle of multi-dimensional problems. From economic chaos to sometimes, unbearable insecurity, the nation's woes accumulate like sediment, each layer more crippling than the last.

The government that the masses put their hopes on as custodian of public interest, has turned the country into a family enterprise, brokering ill-advised deals that mortgage the country’s future. Deals that have dwindled the Naira's value like melting ice.

Petrol prices have soared skyward to three times what they were just months ago, pulling along dreams and ambitions into fury flames.

And yet, our leaders plead for patience in a land where patience has bled dry. With this reality, the rich find their escape routes, seeking refuge in developed countries that offer a semblance of stability, leaving behind poor Nigerians tethered by financial constraints.

The only thing that seems permanent in Nigeria has become the disheartening truth that our yesteryears often outshine our tomorrows. This mass migration of Nigerians isn’t just alarming but frightening—a "brain drain" as it's called, because it's the middle class and skilled Nigerians who are leaving the country in droves.

Those who can no longer wait for the dawn are chasing the sun elsewhere, hoping to find what has become elusive at home— a life of value, a life worth living.

Nigeria has, year after year performed below expectations and for every emigrant, the implication is clear: faith in the motherland has eroded, leaving behind only the skeletal remains of what was once a thriving belief in a shared future that Nigerians can unite and make something out of themselves for the good of everyone who calls Nigeria home."

Cc: Victor Dirikebamor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nigerians-fleeing-Nigeria/answer/Victor-Dirikebamor?ch=15&oid=1477743690646613&share=43e687aa&srid=nIcOD&target_type=answer

Rhetorical question
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Quintessence44: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Good things will never ever ever come outta Naigeria grin grin for more than 60 years nothing good came outta Naigeria and the same thieves ruling Naigeria are still there today stealing and looting. You can keep dreaming. Nothing wrong with

DUNCE WITH NO BRAIN, 60 YEARS AGO THERE WAS ZERO INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA, AND ONLY A FOOTPATH LED TO YOUR VILLAGE, NOT A ROAD. NOT EVEN A 'BAD ROAD'. A FOOTPATH.

AND YOUR ENTIRE VILLAGE WAS ILLITERATE AND BAREFOOT INCLUDING YOUR GRANDPA.

FAST FORWARD TO 2023, AND THANKS TO THE INVESTMENT OF POST-INDEPENDENCE NIGERIAN GOVTS, YOU CAN READ AND WRITE, DRESS WELL, LIVE IN A FAIRLY DECENT PLACE AND PROBABLY HAVE A CAR.

SO YOUR LIFE IS 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT OF YOUR VILLAGE GRANDPA STUCK ON A FARM 60 YEARS AGO UNDER BRITISH RULE.

SO SHUT UP AND BE GRATEFUL FOR INDEPENDENCE AND BLACK RULE, WHICH SAVED YOUR DUMBASS BEHIND FROM BEING A MALNOURISHED VILLAGE WRETCH LIKE YOUR GRANDPA.

IGNORANT AIR HEAD.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Princewill1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
isArray:
I don't think you should compare Nigeria and Turkey, Turkish people are moving in troops to Germany and other economic stable countries in fact they dominate most territories in Berlin
Turks has always been living in Germany dating back to the early 60s. Germany is the favorite Turkish travel destination in Europe.

The popular German footballer Mesut Ozil is originally from Turkey. Turkish economic crisis started in 2021 and Turks population in Germany is about 7millions. The 7m Turks has been living in Germany before the economic problem in Turkey began.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Cromagnon: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
nairalanda1:
They run abroad because Nigeria has failed

aka they have failed
Would they have somewhere to run to if Oyinbo had run from their problems?

And Nigeria has failed because it is a resource dependent country, and relies on revenue from one resource.

no
It failed cos it's ppl are lazy

.The countries they run to, and those of us think of running to, have exporting industrial sectors, and most people there pay tax to the government. That is why they work, and why Nigeria does not work.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ufotunang: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
It's renewed shege that caused it 🙄
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ufotunang: 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2023
See what APC and Tinubu has caused 🙄
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Calitoscassius(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

DUNCE WITH NO BRAIN, 60 YEARS AGO THERE WAS ZERO INFRASTRUCTURE IN NIGERIA, AND ONLY A FOOTPATH LED TO YOUR VILLAGE, NOT A ROAD. NOT EVEN A 'BAD ROAD'. A FOOTPATH.

AND YOUR ENTIRE VILLAGE WAS ILLITERATE AND BAREFOOT INCLUDING YOUR GRANDPA.

FAST FORWARD TO 2023, AND THANKS TO THE INVESTMENT OF POST-INDEPENDENCE NIGERIAN GOVTS, YOU CAN READ AND WRITE, DRESS WELL, LIVE IN A FAIRLY DECENT PLACE AND PROBABLY HAVE A CAR.

SO YOUR LIFE IS 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT OF YOUR VILLAGE GRANDPA STUCK ON A FARM 60 YEARS AGO UNDER BRITISH RULE.

SO SHUT UP AND BE GRATEFUL FOR INDEPENDENCE AND BLACK RULE, WHICH SAVED YOUR DUMBASS BEHIND FROM BEING A MALNOURISHED VILLAGE WRETCH LIKE YOUR GRANDPA.

IGNORANT AIR HEAD.
Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? undecided

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Calitoscassius(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

Are you thick?

Who said they don't know the difference?

They are headed to Europe and they get STUCK in Libya etc, captured and enslaved.

You wanna fork ass? angry

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Calitoscassius(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
Naigeria is a shit hole, full with corrupt scammers, kidnappers, armed robbers, Agberos and terroreests with a drog lord as president who da fork would wanna live there?

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Valroh(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
Some Nigerians leaving the country is never a result of bad governance, but by there choice.
Alright if you channel their departure to bad government, of what solution will it bring to Nigeria as a country?
On this note I give options in which their departure from Nigeria click on and to list it's either they're leaving Nigeria to other countries because of their ignorance to the betterment of Nigeria or as a matter of choice.

If you leave Nigeria because of bad government, I believe you're not going to come back because if you are to come back you will still continue from where you stopped. I say this for many reasons. I will elaborate it if I got any reason to...
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Tzar(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
Your brain cannot seem to process the simple fact that there are many bad whites is not the same as ALL whites are bad.
FYI, ALL Nigerians are bad. We all caused the mess in that country. Our moral compass is warped. Until hypocrites like you realize this, Nigeria and any division that occurs from it will be as it is. God is not deceived... He will not give a good country or leader to bad people. Know this and know peace.
Thinktwicemybro:

My friend go and sleep. NIGERIA is a useless country and people like you are the problem. Trying to defend a useless nation that shouldn't exist in the first place. There are many white people with bad character abroad. Your inferiority complex makes you think white people are well behaved. An average Nigerian has a dream but bad governance takes the dream away. So shut up.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Tzar(m): 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
You don't have to have anything in common to form a country. Scots, English and Irish people have a lot of differences, but they were able to form a prosperous United Kindom. Do you know that they don't even understand each others accent sometimes in parliament? Modern USA is from the hardwork of ALL nationalites of the world. Many of them cannot even speak english & they still retain their heritage.

Even amongst our local tribes in Nigeria we still fight eachother to death, yet we think we are good people that can unite as tribal units or nations? The problem is within. Nigerians are not morally upright people. God will NEVER give a good country/leader to bad people. All Nigerians are bad people. We created this mess!

PDJT:

-Based on what common value do you want to build Nigeria? A commom value system breeds patriotism, and patriots build a system that works for most people if not all.

-The level of corruption and the social vices you pointed out are down to one thing- lack of patriotism. It's not something you can force on anyone, let alone a group constituting millions of people.

-I don't know where you come from, but my personal question to you is; what do you have in common with me that makes you think you can form a successful relationship with me?
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by TheOgaBoss: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
Cromagnon:

aka they have failed
Would they have somewhere to run to if Oyinbo had run from their problems?

no
It failed cos it's ppl are lazy

no, it failed because people like you insist on handing the reins of governance to questionable characters like the present occupant of aso rock, due to tribal and religious sentiment. sadly, there are millions of folks just like u.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by DrAkpamudehe: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
SeaTrade:
I found out that people are doing this not for any other reason but simply because others are doing it.
I'd elaborate,
So my date recently start to dey tell me make we japa,
Why?
Because her brother abroad simply told her there's a lot of money where he is.
She want abandon all she's worked for here,a job that pays N20m PA and carry all her savings invest in wild goose chase and is seriously lobbying me to go with her.
Omo I first dey reason am ooo,but with all what we're doing?No abeg.
As I tell her say I no follow,the moral she had Don die finish and she just dey hang face for me grin
Make I leave all my work go enter school dey do odd job,hoping for a miracle.
Now imagine if I'm not a logical person that also believe in that their thing?
I Don join the stats be that na.
90% of all japarians combined will end up in warehouses and their biggest prospects na registered nurse,wetin be that?Na so good life and future for my unborn kids dey be? undecided
Foolish people

All these online braggarts, pls which job does your fiancee who is most likely an entry level staff have that pays #20m? Except your fiancee is in her late 40s and 50s in the managerial cadre, there is no way she will earn #20m as a corporate staff in Nigeria. And am sure you are not up to 31yrs, so your fiancee who should be your age or less would 99percent likely be an entry level career person. All these useless nairaland braggarts, you guys think it's everybody who is as stupid as your brains? Pls shut the furck with all these lies.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by sunboy(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
KingOfAmebo:

Yes, a Nigerian saying the truth on a foriegn plateform with millions of readers worldwide...do you even know how big the effect is?

I see a Nigerian going to quora (I know what quora is) to push a bad narrative about his country. To what benefit Quora readers won’t come to help us, instead he’s giving us a bad rep to worsen our situation.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by soccerlite: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
Whalis:

Even the fight in Rivers State is an occultic one.

Such

Just like the Indian film family ties of blood

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Alpharey: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
Tjra:
Na frustrated people full this thread.. lol

There is NOTHING to lol about. 😠
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by seunayantokun(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fleeing from the devils they planted in power.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by barinedan(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
It is because Nigeria has failed it citizens in every aspect of life
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Okwyjesus(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
greenermodels:
Honestly, Nigeria have never worked, Nigeria is not working and Nigeria would never work, let's peacefully break up this country so that smaller, more manageable true nations can emerge from it.

One Nigeria is better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Ganduje And Osinbajo / Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.