Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" (37245 Views)

Reno Omokri Gives Reasons Why Nigerians Fleeing Sudan Were Rejected In Ethiopia / Miyetti Allah Members Now Fleeing Nigeria To Escape Bandits’ Attacks... / Why We Attempted Fleeing Nigeria – 58 Medical Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by allthingsgood: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
surgical:
Because APC is in power
APC has no clue about government, they are dream killers and poverty distributors
This claim can not be disputed, check the records from 2015 to date,and there is no end in sight ,unfortunately the people have been hypnotised

So before APC you were in eldorado abi
Free education, great roads, fantastic hospitals
Lol. Who is fooling whom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Quintessence44: 6:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
Calitoscassius:
He mentioned UK, America and Australia and you are comparing these countries to Libya and Lebanon, grin grin it makes no sense! Does it?

The point is that Nigerians after hearing his brand of LIES, set off for Europe via Saharan routes and end up as slaves in Libya etc, sucking Arab nuts.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Ade1177: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
SeaTrade:
I found out that people are doing this not for any other reason but simply because others are doing it.
I'd elaborate,
So my date recently start to dey tell me make we japa,
Why?
Because her brother abroad simply told her there's a lot of money where he is.
She want abandon all she's worked for here,a job that pays N20m PA and carry all her savings invest in wild goose chase and is seriously lobbying me to go with her.
Omo I first dey reason am ooo,but with all what we're doing?No abeg.
As I tell her say I no follow,the moral she had Don die finish and she just dey hang face for me grin
Make I leave all my work go enter school dey do odd job,hoping for a miracle.
Now imagine if I'm not a logical person that also believe in that their thing?
I Don join the stats be that na.
90% of all japarians combined will end up in warehouses and their biggest prospects na registered nurse,wetin be that?Na so good life and future for my unborn kids dey be? undecided
Foolish people

I am currently in this same situation

Only God fit help me take the same decision but it's all about Money
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by beyondPen(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nigerians, known to be resourceful, educated, and fueled by ambition are leaving the shores of their motherland in droves, not in a casual drift but in a frantic exodus.

The answer
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by kingjoe(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

THIS IS ABSOLUTE TRASH AND LIES.

When you calculate the bills a maid or cleaner has to pay, her salary is a pittance, and barely enough to eat. She can barely pay to live in a small room. Forget flat or apartment.

These are the sort of lies that have led to Nigerians working as slaves in Libya and Lebanon, leading them to go on Youtube to appeal to Nigerian government to rescue them.

I was specific in the countries Nigerians should travel to.and live a better life .
Stop discouraging people from attaining better life.nigeria limits you.

Yes a cleaner in America may not have a big apartment but has constant light.
A doctor lives in a flat without little or no light.except he provides for himself.
You use bad roads that give you discomfort even in your SUV.is that life

Now compare a doctor in uk to a doctor in nigeria.are they not world apart.
A doctor in Nigeria federal hospital earns about 800thousand naira.a consultant.
Whereas a doctor in America earns 20000 dollars minimum.
That is about 20 million and you are telling them not to travel.
Does it make sense.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by ezegenigbonine: 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
JAMB QUESTION

Only survey and task from my phone gives me 40 dollars here in UK a week, 160 dollars a month which is even bigger than what I was earning in Nigeria, not to talk of salary from work. My brother Naija na scam
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by 9japride(m): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
aderadio1:
Because of crude oil.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's the simple truth.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by 9japride(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
Sirianese:

How will Awusa or Yarüba be able to steal Ijaw oil money or Igbo gas money if you have different countries? They know it will not be possible na

It's because of oil & gas, that is why they refuse to operate as a true federation. If not for oyel money you think Tinubu with his leg like grasshopper or Buhari with neck like red awusa goat can be flying all over the world with different different private jet?

Buhari find oil tire for north na, the useless man even lie say dem don discover the oil but everybody knows say nothing dey there
[color=#006600][/color]

It's terrible. Everyone will give account for their wickedness. Every part of the country is blessed, but fear of the unknown won't let politicians and sycophant masses think.

4 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by 9japride(m): 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
sirray001:
The problem with Nigeria is just a leadership problem. If we have good leadership, people will be ok irrespective of where you come from.
[color=#006600][/color]

It will be difficult to elect a good leader. Our culture and idealogy of life are totally different.
A region good leader, is a bad leader to other regions.
Just like in the world scene, some countries leadership support terrorism and their people are ok with it. But other people frown on such support. So, it's better regions that share same cultural beliefs should be joined together.
These are simple things.
This last election really showed the kind of people in the society. They rather vote in someone that does not relate with the masses. No accountability.
They should continue with their archaic religion and tribalism kind of politics.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Quintessence44: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
kingjoe:
I was specific in the countries Nigerians should travel to.and live a better life .
Stop discouraging people from attaining better life.nigeria limits you.

Yes a cleaner in America may not have a big apartment but has constant light.
A doctor lives in a flat without little or no light.except he provides for himself.
You use bad roads that give you discomfort even in your SUV.is that life

Now compare a doctor in uk to a doctor in nigeria.are they not world apart.
A doctor in Nigeria federal hospital earns about 800thousand naira.a consultant.
Whereas a doctor in America earns 20000 dollars minimum.
That is about 20 million and you are telling them not to travel.
Does it make sense.

Abeg shut up and get lost with your lies and exaggerations.

You tried to make out that a cleaner or maid in the UK is more comfortable than a doctor in Nigeria. I showed you that was a lie since they can barely afford room rent, and then you start talking rubbish about “light”, and claiming the Nigerian doctor enjoys “little or no light”, which is a lie, as most places today enjoy over 18 hrs of light daily.

So stop lying by exaggerating the comforts abroad and downplaying the benefits of Nigeria.

I’m sickened by the inferiority complex and self hate many of you display on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Truths9ja: 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
ezegenigbonine:
JAMB QUESTION

Only survey and task from my phone gives me 40 dollars here in UK a week, 160 dollars a month which is even bigger than what I was earning in Nigeria, not to talk of salary from work. My brother Naija na scam
wow that’s huge oooo
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by YourKarma: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
MT:

Good things will come out of Nigeria, sadly you will not taste the goodness of the land.
You've been believing this shit for 60+ years. Even your leaders will laugh at you if they hear you say this nonsense, which is the reason they steal as much as they can and move the funds abroad.

The person you quoted is actually right, whether you like it or not. Nigeria will never progress with the way it's currently structured

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by seguno2: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2023
SoNature:
The biggest problem of Nigeria is that the leaders don't even believe in the country.

Unlike the 200 million wise citizens who allow the leaders into power
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Newness2019: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2023
KingOfAmebo:
Here's a trending article I read on the world's most popular forum Quora.

"Opportunities once flowed in Nigeria as abundantly as the Niger River, but that narrative has long changed.

Nigerians, known to be resourceful, educated, and fueled by ambition are leaving the shores of their motherland in droves, not in a casual drift but in a frantic exodus.

They're running from a crucible of crises that boils and overflows, leaving a residue of despair with no extinguisher in sight.

A country of numerous resources has become a labyrinth of misfortunes. Governed by the worst of leaders who have weaponized poverty for their selfish interest—that is, when patriotic Nigerians rise to question, and fight, the government, their opponent would be fellow poor Nigerians, fighting tooth and nail for the same politicians who have kept them so.

Nigerians find themselves locked in an ever-intensifying cycle of multi-dimensional problems. From economic chaos to sometimes, unbearable insecurity, the nation's woes accumulate like sediment, each layer more crippling than the last.

The government that the masses put their hopes on as custodian of public interest, has turned the country into a family enterprise, brokering ill-advised deals that mortgage the country’s future. Deals that have dwindled the Naira's value like melting ice.

Petrol prices have soared skyward to three times what they were just months ago, pulling along dreams and ambitions into fury flames.

And yet, our leaders plead for patience in a land where patience has bled dry. With this reality, the rich find their escape routes, seeking refuge in developed countries that offer a semblance of stability, leaving behind poor Nigerians tethered by financial constraints.

The only thing that seems permanent in Nigeria has become the disheartening truth that our yesteryears often outshine our tomorrows. This mass migration of Nigerians isn’t just alarming but frightening—a "brain drain" as it's called, because it's the middle class and skilled Nigerians who are leaving the country in droves.

Those who can no longer wait for the dawn are chasing the sun elsewhere, hoping to find what has become elusive at home— a life of value, a life worth living.

Nigeria has, year after year performed below expectations and for every emigrant, the implication is clear: faith in the motherland has eroded, leaving behind only the skeletal remains of what was once a thriving belief in a shared future that Nigerians can unite and make something out of themselves for the good of everyone who calls Nigeria home."

Cc: Victor Dirikebamor

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nigerians-fleeing-Nigeria/answer/Victor-Dirikebamor?ch=15&oid=1477743690646613&share=43e687aa&srid=nIcOD&target_type=answer

GOD BLESS THIS WRITER FOR THE TRUTH SAID WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR.

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Calitoscassius(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

The point is that Nigerians after hearing his brand of LIES, set off for Europe via Saharan routes and end up as slaves in Libya etc, sucking Arab nuts.
Naa! I don't think Naigerians are that stupid not to know the difference between Libya, Lebanon and UK, America or Austrailia..
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by seguno2: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool
Funny enough, Nigerians rate of Migration is not as high as Indian, Chinese, Pakistani, Lebanese, Bangladesh, Mexican , Philippines even Egypt and Ethiopia migrate

Nigeria are just excessively loud about our migration

Most of Mexican and Philippines Foreign exchange comes from diaspora

Rockefeller are Irish
Donald Trump's family are from Germany
Italians family dominate NewYork

Rockefellers, Trumps and Italian New Yorkers built America.
Are Nigerian migrants building Britain and America to the point of OWNING the countries
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Cromagnon: 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
PDJT:
-Nigeria is a fake country and nothing good will ever come out of it. Some people in Nigeria may be decent but Nigeria? Na.

it only takes one decent person to turn it around so no, no decent or brilliant Nigerians

-Nigerians problems can only get worse, until they tell themselves the truth; the British experiment is NOT working. Until then, let the delusion continue.
the British were not experimenting. Their plan works as intended.
Sink or swim
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Before there was a country called Nigeria but now no more
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Ireportlive: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
seguno2:

Rockefellers, Trumps and Italian New Yorkers built America.
Are Nigerian migrants building Britain and America to the point of OWNING the countries

Nigerians own 3 airport in uk
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Calitoscassius(m): 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

Nigerians have no choice but to IGNORE Igbos.

How do you deal with narcissists?

By ignoring them and avoiding them.

Simple.

They can shout and abuse Nigeria all day online, we don’t care.

Naigerian has a choice, and Naigerians cannot just ignore them, again, that is the problem, if they are Naigerians they cannot be ignored and should not be ignored. For how long can they be ignored anyway? And if they say they do not want to be part of Naigeria anymore they be should let go! That is the choice Naigeria has. It doesn't make sense keeping people you hate this much as part of Naigeria. You cannot have it both ways.

It makes no forking sense trying hard to keep something you hate and do not want. grin

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Thinktwicemybro: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2023
MT:

Good things will come out of Nigeria, sadly you will not taste the goodness of the land.
And who tell you he is interested in tasting the goodness of your rubbish land?. He will be in another sane country enjoying and eating the goodness while you are here only tasting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by seguno2: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ireportlive:
Nigerians own 3 airport in uk

Is this how the Irish (Rockefellers), Germans (Trump) and Italians own the entire America, to the point of racially excluding blacks who they bought as slaves from other Africans
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by MrJames007: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
AderonkeOlaniyi:
See pure rubbish wey person type

grin

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by seguno2: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
MT:

Na by proclamation abi na by work?

Do you know what you are talking about
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Thinktwicemybro: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
drsmut:

Nothing good will ever come from your household. Keep it at that. Dont say nothing good will ever come out of Nigeria
Since you were born, what good have come out of Nigeria? Keep hoping on a hoe.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by UnfairLife7(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
MT:

let's assume good thing will come out of Nigeria someday. However, who are you to tell who will have a share or taste of it? Even a sitting president do not have a say towards that
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Thinktwicemybro: 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
PDJT:

-Mtchew!
Don't mind the idiot. He want to taste the goodness of a barren land. He will die hoping.
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by stacyadams: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thinktwicemybro:

Since you were born, what good have come out of Nigeria? Keep hoping on a hoe.
grin corruption grin

1 Like

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by UnfairLife7(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
emmaodet:

If you are struggling to make ends meet in the present day Nigeria, I doubt you will do any better with a smaller country.
If no custom and immigration embargos at border, cheap national calls to Lagos or Calabar instead of being expensive international call, if searching for jobs in a bigger country with Kano, Lagos, PH etc is not favouring you, if movement of cheaper foods without borders from north to South vice versa is hard for you, I doubt a smaller version of the country will be for you.
A man that is finding it hard to make head way in current Germany with opportunities of been in European union/shenghen will hardly make it in an isolated Germany with borders and embargos from the other 28 euro countries
i personally know two persons finding it difficult to secure a reasonable job in Nigeria after school, luckily they got helped to relocate. They're doing pretty fine now for themselves supporting their families at home and established businesses

A dog in Nigeria can be a lion abroad

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Thinktwicemybro: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
Tzar:
Nigeria is not the problem. Even if Nigerians splits into 10 different countries, the problems will persist.
Nigeria is like it is because Nigerians are ungodly, hypocritical, lazy, immoral, selfish and wicked people who refuse to acknowledge that they are individually and collectively the problem with Nigeria. They prefer to point their soiled fingers at others but themselves.
Nigerians only show different /good characters abroad because the owners of those countries will immediately and severely punish them if caught. That is why when people who live abroad come back home they return to their evil nature.

My friend go and sleep. NIGERIA is a useless country and people like you are the problem. Trying to defend a useless nation that shouldn't exist in the first place. There are many white people with bad character abroad. Your inferiority complex makes you think white people are well behaved. An average Nigerian has a dream but bad governance takes the dream away. So shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by SeriouslySense(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2023
Lol, grin grin
Re: Trending On Quora: "Why Are Nigerians Fleeing Nigeria" by Thinktwicemybro: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Quintessence44:

Go to blazes.

Frustrated idiot.

Igbo devils typing rubbish here as usual.

If Nigeria breaks up will your 30 million Igbos return to the East finally?

Why don’t they return home now, since “Nigeria is not working, and can never work”?

What are 15 million Igbos doing in the north and 12 million in the west?

Fcking parasites leeching on the same country they claim is not working.

Go to the East and make your region “work” instead of being hateful parasites and drug traffickers always insulting the country online.

Stupid outcasts.
Keep crying... Shage promax awaits you in 2024 when fuel hit 1k per liter. That time you won't remember your tribe. Save this post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm / Defection: Some Kwankwaso's Supporters Dump Him, Burn Their Red Caps / Buhari Absent At APC Rally In London- Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.