Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? (4264 Views)

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie / Is Yoruba Language Becoming The Face Of "Nigerian Culture"? / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 7:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
No single drop of Yoruba blood in Burna Boy.

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

We Rivers don't play with Burna you guys neglected in Lagos for decades.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by LikeAking: 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

We are all one..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Obainoman6: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2023
LikeAking:

We are all one..

Keep quiet, ofe mmanu can never be equal with an igbo bingo talkless of full human being,

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2023
His mother is Bose

🐿️

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:
His mother is Bose

🐿️

Do your research
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by kenzoid: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2023
Obainoman6:

Keep quiet, ofe mmanu can never be equal with an igbo bingo talkless of full human being,
Thank god you agreed that ain't a full human.
Nitwit!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by kenzoid: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
Burnaboy mama nah yoruba.
He dey speak and promote yoruba language.
His name is ebunoluwa

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Redomi(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
Any Musician that want to make it in Nigeria and Africa as a while must be able to sing in Yoruba language

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by OgaSeun: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
Make he stop singing in Yorùbá first

I wan check something

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Do your research

Bose Ogulu

His own name is Ebunoluwa

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by abdeefggh: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
His mother is from Edo but she is yoruba. There are yorubas in edo state, iyabo ojo, Olumide apata, dele muomodu etc are all yoruba from edo state.

Burna boy is more yoruba than any tribe, i doubt he speaks other Nigerian language aside yoruba

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BloomingDale(f): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
abdeefggh:
His mother is from Edo but she is yoruba. There are yorubas in edo state, iyabo ojo, Olumide apata, dele muomodu etc are all yoruba from edo state

What are they called? Name of the ethnic group in Edo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BloomingDale(f): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2023

4 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

What are they called? Name of the ethnic group in Edo.

Edo

Akoko Edo

Edo state borders Ondo state

I have a guy from Benin whose surname is Adefemi

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BloomingDale(f): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:

Edo

Akoko Edo

Akoko Edo is still Edo na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

They are Yoruba, they speak Yoruba, Not far from Ondo state

There's an area in Ondo state called Akoko

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by abdeefggh: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

yoruba is made up of different sub ethnic groups . That Akoko is just one of them

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BloomingDale(f): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:

Idoani too

Let a proper historian come and school you. I don’t have the energy biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

Let a proper historian come and school you. I don’t have the energy biko.

U are funny...

Pointless

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:

Idoani too

That they speak Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba by tribe.

Many tribe in south south speak Igbo doesn't make us Igbo.

I'm from Rivers state and we speak Igbo

It's language of trade.

Nothing concern Edo with Yoruba

Burna boy promotes Yoruba music due to the influence of Fela and his mom.

Also you're wrong

Where his dad is from is where he is from... His dad is a Rivers man.

Very from from Yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
abdeefggh:
His mother is from Edo but she is yoruba. There are yorubas in edo state, iyabo ojo, Olumide apata, dele muomodu etc are all yoruba from edo state.

Burna boy is more yoruba than any tribe, i doubt he speaks other Nigerian language aside yoruba

So any one who speaks Yoruba now is Yoruba?

But you Yorubas will fight tooth and nail to claim those who speak and carry Igbo names in Delta and Rivers aren't Igbos.

All this double standards just to steal an artist 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bet if Burna boy was useless and a criminal you people will reject him and even Tag him a Fulani man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
abdeefggh:

please stop taking weed. There is no Yoruba tribe in my Edo state but some part of the state like my local government speaks Yoruba as a distant third language especially by old people as this current generation can hardly speak a word. All the names you mentioned have nothing to do with Yoruba but their names. It's just like saying anyone that's bears English name is from England

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by abdeefggh: 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

But you Yorubas will fight tooth and nail to claim those who speak and carry Igbo names in Delta and Rivers aren't Igbos.

Those people will tell you themselves that they are yoruba.
There are millions of nupes, fulani, ebira etc speaking and bearing yoruba names in middle belt and Yorubas will never doubt what they call themselves

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by simpleseyi: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

If you concentrate on your life, maybe you would not beg for food like those before you

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by PoloG: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
Igbo boy you should be more concerned about your own cursed tribe and leave burna that proudly relates with yoruba and the language. cool

Asake alone is greater than all igbo celebrities in this world combined grin grin

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by masseratti: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

not all everyone who speaks Yoruba or bear Yoruba name is Yoruba alot of Eguns, ebiras bear pure Yoruba Names and speak Yoruba that doesn't make them Yoruba, in the case of Yorubas in Edo and Kogi states, there are full blown Yoruba towns in those areas, that the Ọba of Benin had sovereignty from Benin to Lagos does not mean every one in his domain were Edo no that's wrong, Alafin at a point had his sovereignity extented to Abomey today in Benin Republic with Eguns in it that doesn't make them Yorubas, Point is there are Yorubas in Edo states so also there are Yoruba speaking but not Yoruba people in Edo state too.. Where Burna Mother hails from I have no Idea.. But the guy sings in English and Yoruba.. That's undisputable and his Father is from Rivers.. Period.

6 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:

Edo

Akoko Edo

please stop this nonsense already. I'm from Akoko Edo and we are not Yoruba except that we share boundary. We have our distinct language and it's nothing close to Yoruba. The Yoruba names came about because of the influence of Yoruba Christian missionaries who freely share and spread Christianity in that era and our shared proximity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
abdeefggh:

Those people will tell you themselves that they are yoruba.
There are many nupes, fulani, ebira etc speaking and bearing yoruba names in middle belt and Yorubas will never doubt what they call themselves

That's a lie.

They're all from Edo... speaking Yoruba as a language of trade.... in next 20 years many non Yorubas in Lagos will speak Yoruba... doesn't make them Yoruba.

Even in Edo many sub tribes like the Igbankes speak Igbo and have Eze's ... you guys will claim that doesn't make them Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
masseratti:
not all everyone who speaks Yoruba or bear Yoruba name is Yoruba alot of Eguns, ebiras bear pure Yoruba Names and speak Yoruba that doesn't make them Yoruba, in the case of Yorubas in Edo and Kogi states, there are full blown Yoruba towns in those areas, that the Ọba of Benin had sovereignty from Benin to Lagos does not mean every one in his domain were Edo no that's wrong, Alafin at a point had his sovereignity extented to Abomey today in Benin Republic with Eguns in it that doesn't make them Yorubas, Point is there are Yorubas in Edo states so also there are Yoruba speaking but not Yoruba people in Edo state too.. Where Burna Mother hails from I have no Idea.. But the guy sings in English and Yoruba.. That's undisputable and his Father is from Rivers.. Period.

Most Nigerian artists irrespective of tribe sing with Yoruba as its first language of choice in Nigeria music other than English.

That doesn't make them Yoruba
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BloomingDale(f): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
NoSmoking:

U are funny...

Pointless

No Yorubas in Edo state.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
please stop this nonsense already. I'm from Akoko Edo and we are not Yoruba except that we share boundary. We have our distinct language and it's nothing close to Yoruba. The Yoruba names came about because of the influence of Yoruba Christian missionaries who freely share and spread Christianity in that era and our shared proximity

Say what u like

2 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by NoSmoking: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
BloomingDale:

No Yorubas in Edo state.

Akoko Edo nko?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richest And Poorest Nigerian States / GEJ Challenger Imprisoned for Molestation & Lawyer Takes Asylum In Germany / FG To Release List Of Boko Haram Sponsors - Channelstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.