Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? (4449 Views)

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie / Is Yoruba Language Becoming The Face Of "Nigerian Culture"? / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by KwuoteYourFada: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:

yoruba is made up of different sub ethnic groups . That Akoko is just one of them

Make Binin people no hear am o cheesy
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 11:05am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

I have met many Akoko Edos that are from Edo who call themselves Yoruba and they have Yoruba names. Akoko people are also in Ondo State.

The postal code of the area is 312. The towns include Atte, Igarra, Enwan, Aiyegunle, Ugboshi-Afe, Ugboshi-Ele, Ekpesa, Ibillo, Ikiran-Ile, Ikiran oke, Ekor, Somorika, Lampese, Imoga, Ojah, Uneme-Akiosu, Ososo, Akuku, Ojirami-Dam, Imoga, Eshawa, Ojirami-Peteshi, Ojirami-Afe, Dagbala, Makeke, Ekpe, Ekpedo, Bekuma, Okpe, Ogbe, Onumu, Akpama, Anyonron, Ogugu, Ikakumo, Ijaja, Oloma, Uneme-nekua, Ikpesh

Out of the list, Yoruba towns are: Aiyegunle, Ikiran-Ile, Ikiran Oke, Ikakumo (some parts are in Ondo), and Anyonron.

There's a big difference between Akoko-edo and Akoko-ondo, those towns you mentioned like aiyegunle,ikiran-ile etc are non Yoruba ,they were renamed by Yorubas during the colonial era when Yoruba were appointed as teachers,priest to run those centres. Note that teachers and priest where very reverred in those days
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Make Binin people no hear am o cheesy

There's a big difference between Akoko-edo and Akoko-ondo, mind you the Akoko name itself is not native to Yoruba,it is an autochonos name
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by daniel34840: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2023
EdoAkoko Edo Edo state borders Ondo stateI have a guy from Benin whose surname is AdefemiEdoAkoko Edo Edo state borders Ondo stateI have a guy from Benin whose surname is Adefemi...
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2023
babasolution:

There's a big difference between Akoko-edo and Akoko-ondo, mind you the Akoko name itself is not native to Yoruba,it is an autochonos name
stop lieing with confidence.... u igbos are good at it.. akoko edo are purely Yoruba... Fact.. my elder sister married from there...

Nigerians... Fear southern people oooo see as Dem dey lie with confidence claiming what dey are not

3 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2023
babasolution:

There's a big difference between Akoko-edo and Akoko-ondo, those towns you mentioned like aiyegunle,ikiran-ile etc are non Yoruba ,they were renamed by Yorubas during the colonial era when Yoruba were appointed as teachers,priest to run those centres. Note that teachers and priest where very reverred in those days
stoo repeating yoir lies.. even in main benni kingdom... We have yorubas that are indigenous to benin town ...

The yorubas that came with oranmiyan to beni did not go back with him . Dey married and established them self till date.. that's why u see a benign man bearing yoruba name but can't speak purely yoruba language
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:
stop lieing with confidence.... u igbos are good at it.. akoko edo are purely Yoruba... Fact.. my elder sister married from there...

Nigerians... Fear southern people oooo see as Dem dey lie with confidence claiming what dey are not

They're not Yoruba.

They rejected Yoruba long time ago
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by farem: 11:53am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
No single drop of Yoruba blood in Burna Boy.

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

We Rivers don't play with Burna you guys neglected in Lagos for decades.

Accursed Igbo is here mascurading as Rivers again. There's no doubt this is a curse following you about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 11:56am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

They're not Yoruba.

They rejected Yoruba long time ago
Owerri boy.. I am not talking to you..... Dey rejected Yoruba.. pls where is the news .. u are pain because other are rejecting igbos like plague ?

I was in akoko.few days ago dey represent yorubaness to the top....

Dey dress and speak yorubas...

2 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2023
farem:

Accursed Igbo is here mascurading as Rivers again. There's no doubt this is a curse following you about.

They're Igbos in Rivers pig

Rivers Share boundary with Imo
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:
Owerri boy.. I am not talking to you..... Dey rejected Yoruba.. pls where is the news .. u are pain because other are rejecting igbos like plague ?

I was in akoko.few days ago dey represent yorubaness to the top....

Dey dress and speak yorubas...

You can't force people to be from Yoruba.

They're not Yoruba

They rejected you a long time ago.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

You can't force people to be from Yoruba.

They're not Yoruba

They rejected you a long time ago.
show us the proof here... Akpu outcast ... Ohh because all Nigeria Delta rejected igbos ?

I can see and feel pain . Pele

2 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

no igbos in river... U are an Owerri boy a brown roof dweller...
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:
show us the proof here... Akpu outcast ... Ohh because all Nigeria Delta rejected igbos ?

I can see and feel pain . Pele

By force rejection from Yoruba people.

We in Edo reject you people
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:
no igbos in river... U are an Owerri boy a brown roof dweller...

What do you know about Rivers state u this Ekiti boy
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:

The truth is the truth, I am from there,so I am talking from indigenous POV not from hearsay
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by OgaSeun: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
PaChukwudi44:

Tuface, Flavour, did not sing in yoruba language

Where are they now?
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
OgaSeun:

Where are they now?

It's like saying where's Fela now.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by farem: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

It simply shows you don't know what you are saying. How does Igbos being in Rivers concern Burna? I bet you never knew your tail was out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by MightySparrow: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
No single drop of Yoruba blood in Burna Boy.

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

We Rivers don't play with Burna you guys neglected in Lagos for decades.

He is what? He don chop àmàlà forget him papa and mama village n language.

Anyway, we accommodate him. He is a good Nigerian, a yoruba ambassador.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Slytiger: 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
babasolution:

If that's the case, alot of town in Nigeria would have been renamed.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Slytiger: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:

It's shocking. Same Akoko Edo that I have lots of friends from there who see themselves as yorubas. Only on Nairaland would you see people trying to twist facts with confidence. 🤣

Anyway, the thread is even about burns not Akoko Edo.

1 Like

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
Slytiger:

That is exactly the case,note that the Akoko-edo region was just emerging from destruction by the nupe at this time so were in a very debased state,this gave the Yoruba priest and teachers alot of power of influence cos they were seen as humanitarian saviours
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Slytiger:

It's shocking. Same Akoko Edo that I have lots of friends from there who see themselves as yorubas. Only on Nairaland would you see people trying to twist facts with confidence. 🤣

Anyway, the thread is even about burns not Akoko Edo.

Akoko-edo are not Yorubas, no Akoko-edo person will say they are Yorubas, maybe you confusing them with Akoko-ondo
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Slytiger: 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
babasolution:

That is exactly the case,note that the Akoko-edo region was just emerging from destruction by the nupe at this time so were in a very debased state,this gave the Yoruba priest and teachers alot of power of influence cos they were seen as humanitarian saviours
Source/verifiable link of this information?
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Slytiger:

Source/verifiable link of this information?

Google topic very well you'll come across a lot of articles on it
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
Slytiger:

Also many of them lived on hills,so when they were persuaded to come down,the Yoruba priest and missionaries named the new settlements
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Slytiger: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
babasolution:

Google topic very well you'll come across a lot of articles on it
Share the link. You have seen others share link of burns boy and co here to back up their claim.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Slytiger: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
babasolution:

Also many of them lived on hills,so when they were persuaded to come down,the Yoruba priest and missionaries named the new settlements
Link?

What are the names of this Yoruba missionary and priest and teachers. People do powerful enough to rename towns.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Slytiger:

Link?

What are the names of this Yoruba missionary and priest and teachers. People do powerful enough to rename towns.

These towns were kind of abandoned settlements which people had fled from or moved to hills.
Note they are few and little villages,like aiyegunle, ikiran-ile etc,then some like ozah,which was corrupted to ojah by the Yoruba,the whites also corrupted some like osioso to ososo,unagogo to magongo.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Edeyoung: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
lexylaw40:
edo is yoruba

U dey mad
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Edeyoung: 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2023
freshkpomo:

Usen, utese and Egbeta people in Benin speak both both Benin and Yoruba fluently.

Are you on weed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Keep Your Dollars So Tight, Don't Be Deceived. / Are Yorubas Really On The Right Path For Supporting Buhari? / Adamawa Supplementary Earliest Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.