Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? (4228 Views)

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie / Is Yoruba Language Becoming The Face Of "Nigerian Culture"? / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Babathanks(m): 1:29am On Dec 30, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
please stop taking weed. There is no Yoruba tribe in my Edo state but some part of the state like my local government speaks Yoruba as a distant third language especially by old people as this current generation can hardly speak a word. All the names you mentioned have nothing to do with Yoruba but their names. It's just like saying anyone that's bears English name is from England
You're a liar. My mum is from ikirun. And they are Yorubas. They came from Ile Ife in osun state. Even ekpedo, epe are all Yoruba towns in akoko Edo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Gabkosh: 1:31am On Dec 30, 2023
Obainoman6:

Keep quiet, ofe mmanu can never be equal with an igbo bingo talkless of full human being,
Which Igbo you be?

OSU or Freeborn.

Ofcourse I know it will be hard for you to admit you are OSU cos none of you can be proud of it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Ikinternational: 1:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Ckay scored a worldwide MONSTER HIT
(might be Africa's biggest international hit)

SOME Nigerians pretended it never happened

I wonder why 🤔🙄
(Rhetorical)

1 Like

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Gabkosh: 1:37am On Dec 30, 2023
kenzoid:
Burnaboy mama nah yoruba.
He dey speak and promote yoruba language.
His name is ebunoluwa
No, his mother's name is Bose Ogulu
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Gabkosh: 1:38am On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:
His mother is from Edo but she is yoruba. There are yorubas in edo state, iyabo ojo, Olumide apata, dele muomodu etc are all yoruba from edo state.

Burna boy is more yoruba than any tribe, i doubt he speaks other Nigerian language aside yoruba
Iyabo ojo is not Edo

1 Like

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by sagitariusbaby(m): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2023
Babathanks:

You're a liar. My mum is from ikirun. And they are Yorubas. They came from Ile Ife in osun state. Even ekpedo, epe are all Yoruba towns in akoko Edo
ikirun are part of Okpameri tribe and not Yoruba. Ekpedo is and Uneme tribe, make your findings well before calling your fada a liar
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by LajaLaba: 2:01am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
No single drop of Yoruba blood in Burna Boy.

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

We Rivers don't play with Burna you guys neglected in Lagos for decades.
IPOB boy no senses

3 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by bhella10: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2023
NoSmoking:

They are Yoruba, they speak Yoruba, Not far from Ondo state
Idoani too

There's an area in Ondo state called Akoko

Idoani is in Ondo state. Akoko shares boundary with Akoko Edo.

1 Like

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Tranquill: 3:14am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

You are free to open this kind of i’d.0tic thread but I have problem when you begin to portray a false identity and drag others into your nonsense.

When I saw the topic I knew there’s no way you can come from Rivers State. Rivers people don’t display this level of stupidity and repulsive imbeci.lity.

Why are you ashamed of your Imo State and Igbo identity?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by PoloG: 3:18am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Asake an him incantation songs no popular pass outside Nigeria
and him sell 02 arena grin

and he get grammy nomination grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by BlackhatMentor: 3:50am On Dec 30, 2023
Tranquill:

You are free to open this kind of i’d.0tic thread but I have problem when you begin to portray a false identity and drag others into your nonsense.

When I saw the topic I knew there’s no way you can come from Rivers State. Rivers people don’t display this level of stupidity and repulsive imbeci.lity.

Shut up your dirty mouth and face the thread.

I'm from Rivers and Imo state
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by LooneyLester: 5:19am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

But himself said on twitter that he was part Yoruba. Go and argue with him.

Mumu don edit tweet

Drop link to tweet or remain Omo ale forever
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by chopnaira: 5:49am On Dec 30, 2023
LooneyLester:

Mumu don edit tweet I be mumu wey no Sabi use twitter

Drop link to tweet or remain Omo ale forever
Indeed, I am an Omo ale forever.
Fixed for you.

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1244983814679560193?t=XKVy7OoZ0DOrP_HjR9v0dQ&s=19

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by chopnaira: 5:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Tranquill:

🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Chiefpriestt: 5:57am On Dec 30, 2023
Redomi:
Any Musician that want to make it in Nigeria and Africa as a while must be able to sing in Yoruba language
Mumu talk
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Slytiger: 6:08am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

Fixed for you.

https://twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1244983814679560193?t=XKVy7OoZ0DOrP_HjR9v0dQ&s=19
You are too much G. I visited the link to confirm with my eyes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by seanwilliam(m): 6:40am On Dec 30, 2023
Wetin be the point of this thread na him I no no

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Godfullsam(m): 6:41am On Dec 30, 2023
Babathanks:

Ikirun is an akoko area of Ondo State. Your mum is yoruba cos Ikirun is not in Edo state.

I think Ikirun is under akoko sowth west LGA with H/Q in ikare.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by emerged01(m): 7:02am On Dec 30, 2023
BloomingDale:

What are they called? Name of the ethnic group in Edo.
As a matter of fact they even read news in Yoruba in Edo because they know there are Yorubas in Edo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by emerged01(m): 7:10am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Papa from Rivers

Mama from Edo

South west take note....

You cant erase the fact that his middle name is Yoruba and that his grandma is a Yoruba woman,reason he is always praising her for teaching him Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by faceland: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2023
Nigerian, they follow their ancestry and not their current culture.

All our superstars are Fela's descendants by inspiration (the Yoruba weed smoking Fela).
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Front0lane: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Anyone that speak Igbo can be from the pit of hell fire no one cares.

BlackhatMentor:

So any one who speaks Yoruba now is Yoruba?

But you Yorubas will fight tooth and nail to claim those who speak and carry Igbo names in Delta and Rivers aren't Igbos.

All this double standards just to steal an artist 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bet if Burna boy was useless and a criminal you people will reject him and even Tag him a Fulani man

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by opamoses1: 7:33am On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:

I have met many Akoko Edos that are from Edo who call themselves Yoruba and they have Yoruba names. Akoko people are also in Ondo State.

The postal code of the area is 312. The towns include Atte, Igarra, Enwan, Aiyegunle, Ugboshi-Afe, Ugboshi-Ele, Ekpesa, Ibillo, Ikiran-Ile, Ikiran oke, Ekor, Somorika, Lampese, Imoga, Ojah, Uneme-Akiosu, Ososo, Akuku, Ojirami-Dam, Imoga, Eshawa, Ojirami-Peteshi, Ojirami-Afe, Dagbala, Makeke, Ekpe, Ekpedo, Bekuma, Okpe, Ogbe, Onumu, Akpama, Anyonron, Ogugu, Ikakumo, Ijaja, Oloma, Uneme-nekua, Ikpesh

Out of the list, Yoruba towns are: Aiyegunle, Ikiran-Ile, Ikiran Oke, Ikakumo (some parts are in Ondo), and Anyonron.

👍

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by VEHINTOLAR: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2023
abdeefggh:
His mother is from Edo but she is yoruba. There are yorubas in edo state, iyabo ojo Mercy Aigbe, Olumide apata, dele muomodu etc are all yoruba from edo state.

Burna boy is more yoruba than any tribe, i doubt he speaks other Nigerian language aside yoruba

Please note as well that Dele Momodu is not full blooded Yoruba man. His mother is a Yoruba woman from Gbongan in Osun state while his father actually came from Ihievbe in Owan East LGA of Edo state. Dele Momodu was however born and raised in Ile Ife,Osun state. He has his first and second degree in Yoruba language. It will not be out of place though to call Dele Momodu a Yoruba man because he is actually one !

About the topic,Yoruba don't even need to claim Burna Boy,he is the one proudly associating with the Yorubas. Yoruba don't have these inbred inferiority complex like the Op's people,we are blessed by God in all spheres of life.

Nobody needs to argue with anyone concerning Akoko Edo people,whatever Akoko Edo people call themselves is who or what they are ! Yoruba are bigger than any attache by force nonsense ! My friend's mum,Iya Dupe, is from Akoko Edo and she is proudly Yoruba. So,those who think the old woman is not Yoruba or shouldn't be Yoruba should go and meet her in her husband's house in Osogbo and iron it out with her ! I'm very sure that she will have some very nasty and unpleasant things to say to those idiots.

The Op is Igbo though,I'm not surprised that he left his own Osu's status and begin to dabble into another people's identity. Anyway, a slave must always behave like one !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by accordadoga21(f): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

That they speak Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba by tribe.

Many tribe in south south speak Igbo doesn't make us Igbo.

I'm from Rivers state and we speak Igbo

It's language of trade.

Nothing concern Edo with Yoruba

Burna boy promotes Yoruba music due to the influence of Fela and his mom.

Also you're wrong

Where his dad is from is where he is from... His dad is a Rivers man.

Very from from Yoruba

Hehehe

Tears of an ipob

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2023
Gabkosh:
No, his mother's name is Bose Ogulu
ogulu is burna boy surname... Burna mother is a yorubas woman oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by freshkpomo(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2023
NoSmoking:

Edo

Akoko Edo

Edo state borders Ondo state

I have a guy from Benin whose surname is Adefemi

Usen, utese and Egbeta people in Benin speak both both Benin and Yoruba fluently.

2 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by OmoFiditi: 8:48am On Dec 30, 2023
Redomi:
Any Musician that want to make it in Nigeria and Africa as a while must be able to sing in Yoruba language

Flavour has about 3 million subscribers on YouTube. He sings in Igbo traditional language.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by lexylaw40: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2023
BloomingDale:

Akoko Edo is still Edo na.
edo is yoruba
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 10:56am On Dec 30, 2023
Babathanks:

Ekpedo is pure Uneme,they aren't Yoruba at all,likewise ekpe
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Please note as well that Dele Momodu is not full blooded Yoruba man. His mother is a Yoruba woman from Gbongan in Osun state while his father actually came from Ihievbe in Owan East LGA of Edo state. Dele Momodu was however born and raised in Ile Ife,Osun state. He has his first and second degree in Yoruba language. It will not be out of place though to call Dele Momodu a Yoruba man because he is actually one !

About the topic,Yoruba don't even need to claim Burna Boy,he is the one proudly associating with the Yorubas. Yoruba don't have these inbred inferiority complex like the Op's people,we are blessed by God in all spheres of life.

Nobody needs to argue with anyone concerning Akoko Edo people,whatever Akoko Edo people call themselves is who or what they are ! Yoruba are bigger than any attache by force nonsense ! My friend's mum,Iya Dupe, is from Akoko Edo and she is proudly Yoruba. So,those who think the old woman is not Yoruba or shouldn't be Yoruba should go and meet her in her husband's house in Osogbo and iron it out with her ! I'm very sure that she will have some very nasty and unpleasant things to say to those idiots.

The Op is Igbo though,I'm not surprised that he left his own Osu's status and begin to dabble into another people's identity. Anyway, a slave must always behave like one !

Any body that is from Akoko-edo and tells you they are Yoruba is lying to you,probably to win favor from Yorubas,Akoko-edo is completely non Yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Map Of The New Nations Of Southern Nigeria / Core Moments In Nigeria's History: Details Of G. Orkar's Coup / PHOTO: Funny Reply Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Gave To Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.