Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,059 members, 7,835,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? (4444 Views)

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie / Is Yoruba Language Becoming The Face Of "Nigerian Culture"? / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Edeyoung: 6:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:
stoo repeating yoir lies.. even in main benni kingdom... We have yorubas that are indigenous to benin town ...

The yorubas that came with oranmiyan to beni did not go back with him . Dey married and established them self till date.. that's why u see a benign man bearing yoruba name but can't speak purely yoruba language

Which main Benin kingdom abi dem tell you say yoruba can be found in the oba place or their names or dressing or even their tradition in the Benin Palace

Please think before you talk

Benin people can be found in all yoruba lands because we conquered the yorubas you can find Benins in ondo, ekiti lagos and co
Likewise you can find yorubas in outskirt of Benin because they share boundaries with edo state but Benin people are found as rulers in yoruba lands.not as boundary neighbours

1 Like

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by freshkpomo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
Edeyoung:

Are you on weed

How old are you?
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by walefresh3(m): 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
Edeyoung:

Which you're as came. With which oromiyan are you alright

Which main Benin kingdom abi dem tell you say yoruba can be found in the oba place or their names or dressing or even their tradition

Please think before you talk

Benin people can be found in all yoruba lands because we conquered the yorubas you can find Benins in ondo, ekiti lagos and co
Likewise you can find yorubas in outskirt of Benin because they share boundaries with edo state but Benin people are found as rulers in yoruba lands.not as boundary neighbours
i no get time to school u boy... Happy new year in advance...
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Edeyoung: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
walefresh3:
i no get time to school u boy... Happy new year in advance...

Keep the greetings to yourself, stop the tribe claiming, when our oba claimed lagos even with fact you all were throwing tantrums on him

My question remains
If truly yoruba or oromiyan came and found Benin obaship, why is there any yoruba corrupted names, title from chiefs that ls found in the oba palace, why is the oba and the chiefs not dressing like yoruba? why is the oba palace not speaking yoruba and why is there no yoruba idols in the palace, why is at that after leo ferbenous who did an excavation at the orun oba site in Ife found nothing, I begin to wonder if the yorubas are using this cheap lies to win an argument over the Benin people, lastly have there been anyone who will deny is father for any reason if truly the oba of Benin is from Ife why is the oba of Benin saying otherwise
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by top10villa: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
ikirun are part of Okpameri tribe and not Yoruba. Ekpedo is and Uneme tribe, make your findings well before calling your fada a liar
Bro Akoko edo history is very confusing, all the villages bears Yoruba surname maybe due to marriage or boundary, I can bet you Akoko edo is made up of Yoruba and edoid people mixed together .

My mum is from Lampese and her name is Bose, while her father name my maternal grandfather name is Akande.

Those people our people story get as e be.
They might not be pure Yoruba, but they definitely have some element of Yoruba in them.

2 Likes

Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:39am On Dec 31, 2023
OgaSeun:

Where are they now?
Seriously!!! you are asking me where flavor is? Are you fucking kidding me!!
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:43am On Dec 31, 2023
abdeefggh:

Tuface and flavor actually have some songs in yoruba, i still remember one of the most popular flavor's songs "ololufe". Tuface(also he is neither igbo nor yoruba) also has many songs in yoruba.
Even p square has pure yoruba songs
Ololufe was not sang in yoruba language.I never mentioned square
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Malawian(m): 7:47am On Dec 31, 2023
Akoko Edo people do not behave like typical Yoruba people. They don't even have that H-Factor yet they all have Yoruba names and surnames.

I knew some of them during my time in school.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 7:58am On Dec 31, 2023
top10villa:
Bro Akoko edo history is very confusing, all the villages bears Yoruba surname maybe due to marriage or boundary, I can bet you Akoko edo is made up of Yoruba and edoid people mixed together .

My mum is from Lampese and her name is Bose, while her father name my maternal grandfather name is Akande.

They might not be pure Yoruba, but they definitely have some element of Yoruba in them.

Have explained this many times,the Yoruba names started in the colonial era,then Yoruba names and language was trending in that part,
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by babasolution: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2023
Malawian:
Akoko Edo people do not behave like typical Yoruba people. They don't even have that H-Factor yet they all have Yoruba names and surnames.

I knew some of them during my time in school.

They are not Yorubas, the Yoruba names started in the colonial era,it was a trend then,you should know that names where not a big deal before the whites came,some people went by with only titles as their names
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by OgaSeun: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2023
PaChukwudi44:

Seriously!!! you are asking me where flavor is? Are you fucking kidding me!!

Shut up.. He is not popping in Lagos.
Yes. Nigeria starts and end in Lagos.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
top10villa:

Yoruba was a big influence to our people but it still doesn't make us Yoruba. They have had a long contact and you can't blame us for bearing Yoruba names because the Yorubas are our bigger and larger neighbours. We share the same market and practiced same religion but we are still not Yoruba at least 90 percent of us.
Re: Why They Think Burna Is Yoruba? by Zool6: 10:32am On Mar 31
Shut up
Asake is still a baby Singer
Ckay Lovenwanti with almost 470m YouTube views if u join other remix of Love Nwantinti u have almost 1b YouTube views alone has more stream than all Asake career put together that song is Africa second most streamed track in history it was number before being unseated by Rema Carm down

just One Car in Flavour garage is more costly than all Asake networt put together

Soweto by Victony ft Tempo with over 108m YouTube views alone now still get more views far than any Asake song

Asake is bigger than
Fela,Dbanj,9ice,Olamide,Dagrin all the yorubas singers put together

In Nigeria Asake is still baby singer which mumu Grammy when him no even see 5th they just used him fill up seat Akon all his Career won just one award u must be 2007s kids 97% of top music stars in the world no send 02 arena is here u mumu see it as achievement,,I insists Lovenwanti alone by Ckay is far bigger than baby singer Asake all career put together see evidence to back it up prove me wrong if u can or shut up forever

quote author=opamoses1 post=127687827]
Are you for real....
There are only 5 Nigerian musicians that have sold out and shut down 02 Arena in the UK. They are Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy and Asake, and most recently Rema last month.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote, Others Pull Out Of Kaduna, P-harcourt Refineries' Deal. / I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor / Why Do Nigerians Hate Jonathan So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.