Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? (176 Views)

I Was Treated Like A Piece Of Used Material - Vincent Enyeama / What Is Your Favourite Chess Piece And Why? / Neymar Unfollows Edinson Cavani On Instagram Over Set-Piece Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by wis3(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
As the topic implies, what's your favorite chess piece and why do you prefer it the most?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by thesicilian: 11:39pm On Dec 29, 2023
wis3:
As the topic implies, what's your favorite chess piece and why do you prefer it the most?
Only a super pro would choose anything else besides the queen
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by wis3(m): 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
thesicilian:

Only a super pro would choose anything else besides the queen
a knight can attack your king, queen, bishop and rook all at the same time. Knights can do wonders😀

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by VawulentMan: 12:27am On Dec 30, 2023
A knight.
You can't block a knight's check on a king,either you move or sacrifice.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by thesicilian: 2:51am On Dec 30, 2023
wis3:
a knight can attack your king, queen, bishop and rook all at the same time. Knights can do wonders😀
Lol
For it to have that strength, it usually needs the backup from a Queen or Rook. Although to be fair, aside from a Queen, my next most favourite piece is the knight.
Most times I try to take out both of the opponent's knights as early as possible in the game
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by babyfaceafrica: 3:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Knight.. While limited in movement when compared to queen and rook, very dangerous!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by Shezzman: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2023
No matter how efficient a knight is, it still needs back up. Anytime any day, I go for queen..
babyfaceafrica:
Knight.. While limited in movement when compared to queen and rook, very dangerous!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by wis3(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2023
thesicilian:

Lol
For it to have that strength, it usually needs the backup from a Queen or Rook. Although to be fair, aside from a Queen, my next most favourite piece is the knight.
Most times I try to take out both of the opponent's knights as early as possible in the game
every piece is equally as important in the game of chess. The pawn is just as important as the queen. It just depends on how good your game is.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by thesicilian: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2023
wis3:
every piece is equally as important in the game of chess. The pawn is just as important as the queen. It just depends on how good your game is.
Yeah, and size doesn't matter. And the government has our wellbeing at heart.
Question is, would you rather have a pawn or a queen protecting your king in your end game?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by FashionCapital(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2023
I love the fact that you can cunningly fall an exposed Rook with your Bishop when playing with an Amateur... nevertheless it's QUEEN anyday, anytime.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Chess Piece? by 1billionman: 10:15pm On Dec 31, 2023
No free time to play chess this days sad

(1) (Reply)

How 1300 Cost Me 23000 / Cameroonian Player Spotted By Asisat Oshoala Trying To Plant A Charm / Infertility Not Reason For My Decision Not To Have Children – Bash Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.