Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad (41066 Views)

Ahead Of Transition In 35 Days, Tinubu Returns Home / Femi Fani-Kayode Returns Home After Joining APC, Receives Rousing Welcome / Hoodlums Burn Declan Emelumba's House In Ubulu, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by warlordd(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Beremx:
seems Delta state has the youngest and freshest Kings being produced at young age. Wow!!
You're right! Obi of Agbor, Obi Ikenchukwu (Dein) became a king at the age of two. But he was sent to UK for his nursery, primary, secondary and tertiary education, before returning home to ascend the throne when he was in his 20s.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by erniok(m): 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Yujin:

What is the difference between diokpa and diokpala?
Diokpala or diokpara is first born son but in anioma, diokpa is accorded to either an elder or one who is your senior. You may not even be related in any way.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Klinee: 10:42pm On Dec 30, 2023
erniok:

Aniomafrom igala and jaw? please I'll like to know those from igala and I jaw.

Benin greeting does not sound igbo unless you can prove a particular area that has similar greetings. For the fact that some yoruba or hausa word does sound like igbo word does not make them igbo.

On your 3% that take inyase title, how did you come about this figure or you simply pull figures from the air.

Diokpa has absolute nothing to do with diokpala. Please note this. If in doubt, ask any anioma person. Stop confusing yourself.

The bolded is absolute rubbish. Prove it if not. You are talking to someone to grow up in Aba, faulks road. Do not think you are talking to one who does not know omenala.

PS: you are the one actually arguing rubbish, denying facts even when it is obvious. I'm an enu ani person and there are oral histories that are passed down from generation to generation. You can't know a people more than themselves.
For the fact that you said that Diokpa has nothing to do with Diokpala showed that you knows nothing about your traditions or maybe you are still a small boy.
Why can't you go and consult your elders before coming here to argue.
An elderly man or even any male person can be called Diokpa in Igbo land but that is not the actual meaning of Diokpa.
Diokpa or Diokpala means the eldest son of the village (Diokpa of the village), the eldest son of the clan(Diokpa of the clan), the eldest of family (Diokpa of the family).
Diokpa is fully pronounced as Diokpala, it also means Obi.
female can never answer Diokpa nor Obi

It's better you talk about your village that claimed Bini' origin.
There are many villages in Enuani or that claimed Igala origin even far more than that of Bini', few examples are . Asaba, Okpanam, Illa, Obumkpa, and few others, you can research about it.
Not every ANIOMA towns speaks Igbo language there are Igala speaking part of ANIOMA which EBU is one and some yorubaoid too, like UGBODU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Klinee: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
erniok:

Diokpala or diokpara is first born son but in anioma, diokpa is accorded to either an elder or one who is your senior. You may not even be related in any way.
So in ANIOMA an elderly woman can be called Diokpa? By this reasoning am sure you are still a small boy who hasn't understand the traditional dynamic in your village.

2 Likes

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Okortor: 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
Long live the king, may your reign last beyond that of your fathers........Iseeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by erniok(m): 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2023
Klinee:
So in ANIOMA an elderly woman can be called Diokpa? By this reasoning am sure you are still a small boy who hasn't understand the traditional dynamic in your village.
We are talking about males here. By the way, you are yet to let me know how you derived your 3% statistics.

1 Like

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by erniok(m): 11:37pm On Dec 30, 2023
Klinee:
For the fact that you said that Diokpa has nothing to do with Diokpala showed that you knows nothing about your traditions or maybe you are still a small boy.
Why can't you go and consult your elders before coming here to argue.
An elderly man or even any male person can be called Diokpa in Igbo land but that is not the actual meaning of Diokpa.
Diokpa or Diokpala means the eldest son of the village (Diokpa of the village), the eldest son of the clan(Diokpa of the clan), the eldest of family (Diokpa of the family).
Diokpa is fully pronounced as Diokpala, it also means Obi.
female can never answer Diokpa nor Obi

It's better you talk about your village that claimed Bini' origin.
There are many villages in Enuani or that claimed Igala origin even far more than that of Bini', few examples are . Asaba, Okpanam, Illa, Obumkpa, and few others, you can research about it.
Not every ANIOMA towns speaks Igbo language there are Igala speaking part of ANIOMA which EBU is one and some yorubaoid too, like UGBODU.

Any male in igbo can be called diokpa you say. So I can assume you call your juniors diaokpa. In my place, it is not allowed. FYI, SE call their elders ndi ichie and not diokpa. If I'm wrong quote an area in SE that use diokpa.

Illas have few igala roots. Don't make it look as if they are directly from igala pls. I hope you know Ebu is not considered part of enuani?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Yujin(m): 11:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
erniok:

So, you can't see the similarity between both? Can you call a woman 'Diokpa'? Do the Binis have a word called Diokpa? Do you even know the etymology of the word Di-Okpa?
I'm very ashamed to hear someone whose whole culture, language, custom etc points to a great nation but prefers to be a lowly appendage of a faded empire who most likely incorporated his territory by alliance.
Tufiakwa! It reeks of inferiority complex.
I have never seen any edoid speaking group celebrate Bini they way you Igbo speakers of Issele Ukwu do. Ezechima will be reeling in the grave. I wonder why you people call him Ezechima. Why not call him a Bini name since you people claim to be Bini people?
It is a huge shame. Pls, you guys should hurry up and drop the Igbo language you speak and adopt Bini language fast.
Tufia!!!!
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Klinee: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2023
erniok:

Any male in igbo can be called diokpa you say. So I can assume you call your juniors diaokpa. In my place, it is not allowed. FYI, SE call their elders ndi ichie and not diokpa. If I'm wrong quote an area in SE that use diokpa.

Illas have few igala roots. Don't make it look as if they are directly from igala pls. I hope you know Ebu is not considered part of enuani?

I think I have exhausted all my explanation to you, I still wonder why it's difficult for you to assimilate.
I am trying to explain to you that Diokpa or Diokpala means the same thing in every parts of Igbo land where it's being used, being it in SE or ANIOMA.
Diokpa is short form of Diokpala, it's all the same.
That I called a young man "mpa" does that mean that the young man is my father?
But the actually meaning of "mpa" is father.
I knew and have better knowledge of ANIOMA people far more than you are, because I lived there for years and they are directly opposite to my village.
Do you know how the word Enuani comes about?
We the riverine people along the river Niger coast of both Anambra and Delta classified every villages along the river Niger coast that are upland as Ndi Enuani comprises of Asaba, Ugbolu, Okpanam, Illa EBU even Onitsha and some parts Anambra, which am very sure that your hinterland villages are not originally part of Enuani because you hinterland villages does really have much interaction with us, the riverines. But your people went and adopted it as your identity even trying to exonerate the original Enuani people out of it.
We do have symbiotic interaction with Enuani people because we go there to get yam seedlings while they come to us for matured yams and fishes.
EBU speak both Igala and Igbo language just like my village we speak both Igala and Igbo language but we're in Anambra state.
I'm just trying to explain things that you don't know but keep arguing blindly.

3 Likes

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Klinee: 1:12am On Dec 31, 2023
erniok:

We are talking about males here. By the way, you are yet to let me know how you derived your 3% statistics.
If you go to Ukwuani area, they called Okpala uku, is still same thing.
It is not Bini' word is an Igbo word.

1 Like

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by OMEGA009(m): 3:53am On Dec 31, 2023
Klinee:
Why parading lies, do Oba or Binis know where Ubulu uku is?

At the risk of beating my own drum, I wrote a thesis on the history of my people for my Doctorate. The link is there. Read, be educated and stop indulging in hogwash. In case you missed it, here is it again:

https://www.eajournals.org/wp-content/uploads/The-Benin-Factor-in-the-West-Niger-Igbo-History-The-Example-of-Ubulu-Ukwu.pdf

Each one, teach one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by erniok(m): 6:17am On Dec 31, 2023
Yujin:

So, you can't see the similarity between both? Can you call a woman 'Diokpa'? Do the Binis have a word called Diokpa? Do you even know the etymology of the word Di-Okpa?
I'm very ashamed to hear someone whose whole culture, language, custom etc points to a great nation but prefers to be a lowly appendage of a faded empire who most likely incorporated his territory by alliance.
Tufiakwa! It reeks of inferiority complex.
I have never seen any edoid speaking group celebrate Bini they way you Igbo speakers of Issele Ukwu do. Ezechima will be reeling in the grave. I wonder why you people call him Ezechima. Why not call him a Bini name since you people claim to be Bini people?
It is a huge shame. Pls, you guys should hurry up and drop the Igbo language you speak and adopt Bini language fast.
Tufia!!!!

Similarities are not same meaning oga. There are yoruba words that sound igbo. Does that make them same?

Your rantings changes nada. Igbos, in a study I read back then, were shown to have migrated from CAR. How true is the study is debatable. The igalas in Anambra west LGA speak igbos fluently possibly due to commerce. Would you then claim tomorrow that they are igbos?

Truth is migration and trades in the past has affected so much of a people's tradition. If my tradition point to a certain place, do I choose another place to please folks like you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by erniok(m): 6:36am On Dec 31, 2023
Klinee:
I think I have exhausted all my explanation to you, I still wonder why it's difficult for you to assimilate.
I am trying to explain to you that Diokpa or Diokpala means the same thing in every parts of Igbo land where it's being used, being it in SE or ANIOMA.
Diokpa is short form of Diokpala, it's all the same.
That I called a young man "mpa" does that mean that the young man is my father?
But the actually meaning of "mpa" is father.
I knew and have better knowledge of ANIOMA people far more than you are, because I lived there for years and they are directly opposite to my village.
Do you know how the word Enuani comes about?
We the riverine people along the river Niger coast of both Anambra and Delta classified every villages along the river Niger coast that are upland as Ndi Enuani comprises of Asaba, Ugbolu, Okpanam, Illa EBU even Onitsha and some parts Anambra, which am very sure that your hinterland villages are not originally part of Enuani because you hinterland villages does really have much interaction with us, the riverines. But your people went and adopted it as your identity even trying to exonerate the original Enuani people out of it.
We do have symbiotic interaction with Enuani people because we go there to get yam seedlings while they come to us for matured yams and fishes.
EBU speak both Igala and Igbo language just like my village we speak both Igala and Igbo language but we're in Anambra state.
I'm just trying to explain things that you don't know but keep arguing blindly.

Actually, you are the one arguing blindly on the diokpa issue. You claim the term is used loosely in igbo land and I asked to mention an area in SE they call their elders diokpa and I'm yet to get response from you. You also claim the mean same which I have shown that they are not same. Calling a man younger than you in a clan meeting is an aberration of tradition.

You claim to know enuani more than I do maybe incorrect else the oldest man in my clan told a lie then

All the back and.forth changes nothing. You may be right and I'm wrong but till I see a superior arguement which you are yet to provide, I choose to go with what I heard from the oldest man in my clan who is late.

PS: are you from igbedor?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Abagworo(m): 7:13am On Dec 31, 2023
On Igbo history people like writing what they don't know just to create division and destroy tradition . Ubulu Uku is Igbo of Ubulu branch found in Delta, Imo and Anambra

https://www.nairaland.com/63003/origin-ubulu-uku

1 Like

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by lexy2014: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2023
luminouz:

Bros...goan sit ya black ass down. Your questions have been answered properly!!!

can you use your white ass to show me where the following questions have been answered?

which "superior points" did you make and how did they answer these questions?

1. what exactly did I start again?

2. you think? you mean you dont know?

3. how did he use "delegated responsibility" to impact his kingdom?

4. pls break down the responsibilities he delegated.

5. if he delegated those responsibilities, then what impact did he make?

6. how has he been impactful to his kingdom since all this while he was abroad?

7. how do you know that the community is peaceful and how was he responsible for the community being peaceful since he was abroad all this while?
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by ogene70: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2023
Beremx:
no I'm not. I'm from Orlu. The youthfulness of the King got me fascinated. wink kiss

Deltans are naturally cute people , Iā€™m from Ubulu uku myself.

2 Likes

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Yujin(m): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2023
erniok:

Similarities are not same meaning oga. There are yoruba words that sound igbo. Does that make them same?

Your rantings changes nada. Igbos, in a study I read back then, were shown to have migrated from CAR. How true is the study is debatable. The igalas in Anambra west LGA speak igbos fluently possibly due to commerce. Would you then claim tomorrow that they are igbos?

Truth is migration and trades in the past has affected so much of a people's tradition. If my tradition point to a certain place, do I choose another place to please folks like you?
Lol. Folks like you will even fault a dna test that confirms your Igbo ancestry. That's how far delusional you have become.
The few Olumbanasa communities in Anambra West are a mixed community with more of Igala ancestry and they are bilingual in both Igbo and Igala. Is your Issele Ukwu bilingual in Igbo and Bini? Common sense is not common in that community. How on earth did Issele Ukwu lose her Bini language and culture entirely to Igbo when they weren't conquered by any Igbo army? Seriously, it's painful seeing the worst form of inferiority complex displayed by your people and personally, I won't ever want to regard your people as Igbos because I know very well what manner of people Ndigbo are. We don't feel inferior to anyone.
Let me ask you again; who gave Ezechima his Igbo name since he is your ancestor? Your people should have a Bini name for him and should proudly use his Bini name. Your people should do well to stop speaking Igbo and take up your Bini language to reflect your claims. Tufiakwa!
Finally, this has nothing to do with what I or any other Igbo person wants. It's just smacks of a grand delusion for a people who don't understand a single sentence in Bini language despite the close proximity to claim coming from Bini. At a point, it gets annoying when you see other people who share a similar language, customs and even culture with Bini people being proud of their own uniqueness but here, we have a people who's entire culture, customs, language and norm pointing to Igbo yet they are all claiming to be found by Bini princes. It makes one to question if there's anything really wrong with being Igbo. If there's nothing wrong with being Igbo, then all the wrong has to be from your side and Ndigbo won't want to be associated with such people. Try to push it among your people to stop speaking Igbo and adopt the one from where you claim to be.
Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Calitoscassius(m): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2023
luminouz:

He was 18 years. If you argue again, I will make you impotent for 5000 years!!!
I am was not arguing, i asked a simple question, clearly you didn't understand it.

Right, there are no such thing as impotent, it doesn't exist.
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Klinee: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2023
OMEGA009:

At the risk of beating my own drum, I wrote a thesis on the history of my people for my Doctorate. The link is there. Read, be educated and stop indulging in hogwash. In case you missed it, here is it again:

https://www.eajournals.org/wp-content/uploads/The-Benin-Factor-in-the-West-Niger-Igbo-History-The-Example-of-Ubulu-Ukwu.pdf

Each one, teach one.
That you wrote thesis on this does not substantiate how truthful your claims are.
Assuming all Anioma towns are of Bini' origin, the question you should have ask yourself before embarking on this research work is, how then do Anioma people, Asaba down to Agbor intelligibly speaks Igbo language and practice Igbo culture with zero atom of Benin culture or language even though they are proximal to Benin than the hinterland Igbos.
Onitsha to Agbor, with river Niger as a barrier is about 82km while Agbor to next Bini' town (Ogan or Abudu) is about 16km.
If true that all Anioma are of Benin origin I don't think that Agbor will be able to speak intelligible Igbo language, because of the far distance and also they have zero influence with the hinterland Igbos in the SE.
There so many assertions about the origin of Delta Igbos that are based on the foundation of lies. I think lies are being promulgated across these western Igbos in their quest to deny being Igbo especially from their educated one.
For example on this platform, a Delta Igbo boy called erniok in a quest to claim Bini' origin, claimed that 'Obi' and 'Diokpa' is a Bini words
and that it does not exist in SE Igbos.
How true is that? Because I have stayed in Bini and when I compare Benin language and culture to that of Aniomas, they're not even 1% percent closely related to each other.
Then why all this claims which are all lies?

2 Likes

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by erniok(m): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
Klinee:
That you wrote thesis on this does not substantiate how truthful your claims are.
Assuming all Anioma towns are of Bini' origin, the question you should have ask yourself before embarking on this research work is, how then do Anioma people, Asaba down to Agbor intelligibly speaks Igbo language and practice Igbo culture with zero atom of Benin culture or language even though they are proximal to Benin than the hinterland Igbos.
Onitsha to Agbor, with river Niger as a barrier is about 82km while Agbor to next Bini' town (Ogan or Abudu) is about 16km.
If true that all Anioma are of Benin origin I don't think that Agbor will be able to speak intelligible Igbo language, because of the far distance and also they have zero influence with the hinterland Igbos in the SE.
There so many assertions about the origin of Delta Igbos that are based on the foundation of lies. I think lies are being promulgated across these western Igbos in their quest to deny being Igbo especially from their educated one.
For example on this platform, a Delta Igbo boy called erniok in a quest to claim Bini' origin, claimed that 'Obi' and 'Diokpa' is a Bini words
and that it does not exist in SE Igbos.
How true is that? Because I have stayed in Bini and when I compare Benin language and culture to that of Aniomas, they're not even 1% percent closely related to each other.
Then why all this claims which are all lies?

Stop telling lies, I never said diokpa is bini word. Screenshot where I said so. This proves that you tell lies in other to pass across a claim. I stated that diokpa as used by enu ani is very different from diokpala/diokpara and you claimed otherwise and can't prove anything. I also stated that the enu ani take the obi title unlike SE that take a different title.

It's obvious you did not read his thesis because he stated clearly that otal tradition stated that one of the founders has to go to benin to get kingship. This is oral tradition like mine which I stated may be flawed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by amydulsia(f): 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
[quote author=PlayMaker14 post=127689568]Joan Onyemaechi should have robed the Obi in the Akwa-Ocha of his Anioma people immediately he touched down.

Welcome home Obi, the good people of Issele-Uku felicitate with our Ubulu-Uku brothers.

Where in issele-uku are you from? I'm from idumunie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by PlayMaker14: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2023
amydulsia:
I am from Ogbowelle Quarters.
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by luminouz(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
lexy2014:

can you use your white ass to show me where the following questions have been answered?

which "superior points" did you make and how did they answer these questions?

7. how do you know that the community is peaceful and how was he responsible for the community being peaceful since he was abroad all this while?
K
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Abagworo(m): 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
erniok:

Stop telling lies, I never said diokpa is bini word. Screenshot where I said so. This proves that you tell lies in other to pass across a claim. I stated that diokpa as used by enu ani is very different from diokpala/diokpara and you claimed otherwise and can't prove anything. I also stated that the enu ani take the obi title unlike SE that take a different title.

It's obvious you did not read his thesis because he stated clearly that otal tradition stated that one of the founders has to go to benin to get kingship. This is oral tradition like mine which I stated may be flawed.

Southeast takes the Obi title as well. You need to actually study both Southeast and Anioma before you can gain knowledge of their similarities and differences. I don't know the origin of you guys argument but the Ubulus of Ubulu Unor, Ubulu Uku, Ubulu Isiuzor , Ubulu Ihejiofor and Ozubulu were one and same people. All Ubulus across Igboland came from same source and first settled in Enuani before dispersing to other areas like Ndokwa and Imo/Anambra States . To get a balanced history one must take into account the history passed down through generations for all Uburus and not just one.

2 Likes

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by AngelicBeing: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
lexy2014:

which "superior points" did you make and how did hey answer these questions?

For the last time, l have explained what delegated authority is all about, if you don't accept my submission and tender an apology to me in the next 48 hours, l will ban your account for 700 years from nairaland and l will effect a global ban on all your social media accounts cheesy
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Ibrochaka(m): 3:34pm On Jan 01
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by XAUBulls: 10:41am On Jan 03
Beremx:
25-yr-old Ubulu Uku King Returns Home After Years studying Abroad amidst jubilation

Onyemaechi, Onwordi Ibori Ubulu, others said Obi Home Coming is a blessing

The 25 years old Obi of Ubulu Uku kingdom Obi Chukwuka Noah Akaeze has returned home after studying abroad .

The Obi was received at the Asaba International Airport on Thursday by thousands of his people who stormed the airport with jubilation to receive him .

The Commissioner for Technical Education Hon Joan Onyemaechi , Senior Special Assistant on Youth Mobilization to the Delta State Governor Hon James Onwordi Endurance known as Ibori Ubulu among others described the Obi home coming as a blessing to Ubulu Uku kingdom.

They noted that the celebration of the Obi is as a result of the love the people has for him considering how impactful he has been to the kingdom .

The obi while applauding the people of ubulu uku for the tremendous support said he will always protect the interest of the kingdom.

He also thanked the immediate past governor of Delta State Sen Ifeanyi Okowa and the current governor Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori for the support over the years .

Obi Chukwuka Noah Akaeze was crowned king of Ubulu-Uku kingdom and was giving staff of Office by the Delta State state government at the age of 18 in 2016.

Thereafter he traveled abroad to continue his education being a lover of education.

Eight years later, he has returned back to rule his people .

He was just 18 when his father the late king became a victim of murder in 2016.

Ubulu-Uku is located in Aniocha South Local Government area of Delta State

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/25-yr-old-ubulu-uku-king-returns-home-after-studying-abroad-amidst-jubilation/amp/

Delta North.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by XAUBulls: 12:39pm On Jan 03
OMEGA009:

Each one, teach one.
I first read this pdf in 2019... Very insightful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Rayzoom: 10:34pm On Jan 03
PlayMaker14:
Are you done? Like I said, you sound frustrated. Not one member have you educated here about your people, all you do was just throwing insults everywhere like a w!tless kid.

If you are not frustrated, you will drop your comments without being a silly fellow. See how you are insulting.

You have the floor now, as a Son of Anioma, tell us the history.

Educate people about your culture and don't be silly.

Ezi
You have to show some maturity when responding to people you've not met before, you insulted him first and still maintaining the tempo. To start with, Anioma is not a kingdom like you stated earlier, Anioma is a political creation which was formed by merging initial letters of Delta north local government which every educated person of Anioma extraction can tell the history which is not more than five decades ago. Every Anioma community does not have or believe this Bini stuff, so making the Bini connection a general thing for all Anioma communities may not sit well with all concerned.
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by JayyXXX(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03
Rayzoom:
You have to show some maturity when responding to people you've not met before, you insulted him first and still maintaining the tempo. To start with, Anioma is not a kingdom like you stated earlier, Anioma is a political creation which was formed by merging initial letters of Delta north local government which every educated person of Anioma extraction can tell the history which is not more than five decades ago. Every Anioma community does not have or believe this Bini stuff, so making the Bini connection a general thing for all Anioma communities may not sit well with all concerned.
Please if you don't know how it started, kindly keep quiet and don't be a biased nitwit sir.

Go through and see how it all started.

By the way, are you from Anioma Kingdom?
Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Rayzoom: 9:28am On Jan 04
erniok:

So it was only thr beads you saw? Those ebens they raised, you were blind to them or the attires. FYI, core igbos do not wear plain white attires.
Oga say what you know, who is core Igbo? Why do you call the white cloth akwa ocha? Why not call it whatever name Bini calls it? Can I shock you, my own community in Anambra uses Akwa ocha for our cultural regalia, and most communities in Anambra uses Akwa ocha during their cultural activities, except Anambra is not part of the core Igbo you mentioned. My king also use ebe but wear either white or red regalia with bids but has never claim bini or anything close to that.

Re: 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On Jan 04
Rayzoom:
Oga say what you know, who is core Igbo? Why do you call the white cloth akwa ocha? Why not call it whatever name Bini calls it? Can I shock you, my own community in Anambra uses Akwa ocha for our cultural regalia, and most communities in Anambra uses Akwa ocha during their cultural activities, except Anambra is not part of the core Igbo you mentioned. My king also use ebe but wear either white or red regalia with bids but has never claim bini or anything close to that.

Igbo history has been so reviewed that some Igbos are now using evidence of being Igbo as proof of not being Igbo. Akwa ocha is one of the thickest evidence of being Igbo. Ada and Eben are just evidence of taking title from Benin and nothing more. Wherever you see it just consider the leadership of that place as taking their title from Benin because in olden days taking title from Benin and coming back with those artifacts was part of authenticating claim to kingship of a community.

The traditional ruler of Ogba in Rivers State in 1970 went to Benin and got the Ada and Eben then changed his title to Oba. Kids born recently might come out to boldly claim Ogba got Ezeship from Benin and always had the Ada and Eben.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Member Dressed As Woman Arrested In Yola By Soldiers (photos) / Wike Cancels Lockdown In Port-Harcourt And Obio-Akpor / Essien Excel, Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.