Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns (21207 Views)

PDP Supporter Celebrating Adeleke’s Victory In Osun Accidentally Shoots Self (pi / PDP Supporter Collapses At Party Secretariat As Atiku Receives Certificate (pic) / Reverend Samson Ayokunle Asks DSS To Go After Pantami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by naptu2: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Atiku Abubakar @atiku

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Ayokunle Odekunle Esq, @oddy4real, a staunch and unwavering supporter of my political journey and ideals.

Despite facing personal challenges, Ayokunle never faltered in his belief, and his resilience and tenacity as a supporter were truly remarkable.

The news of his untimely demise due to cancer has left me profoundly disheartened. My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife, Halima, his parents, and the wonderful children he leaves behind. Their loss is immeasurable, and my thoughts are with them during this difficult time.

May Almighty Allah comfort his family, forgive his sins and grant him AlJannah Firdaus. Ameen.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by naptu2: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Aziz @Backarray

We lost @oddy4real after a very courageous fight. Rest well my dearest brother. May Allah be pleased with your soul and grant your family the strength to bear this devastating news. 💔

Each time I speak with Ayo, he repeats his bio mantra…”Live today, gone tomorrow”. Despite facing a fierce battle, he never stopped fighting for those he deeply cared about. At the height of my personal travails few years ago, he was very supportive. I’ll miss you my brother.

My guy was a brilliant lawyer and a wonderful family man. Left a thriving practice in Nigeria, moved to Canada and within a few years, got into the Alberta Bar and everything was making sense until this happened. Sometimes, I don’t understand life but still, Alhamdulillah.

To Halima and the kids, I’m deeply sorry for this invaluable loss. Praying for unlimited strength and courage to withstand this sad occurrence. For all of us who knew and cared about Ayo, this is a very very tragic day. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. 🙏

https://twitter.com/Backarray/status/1740986437846315416

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by naptu2: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
Weeks after lamenting his inability to see a doctor, Canada-based Nigerian lawyer dies from gastric cancer

A popular Canada-based Nigerian lawyer, Ayokunle Odekunle, has died after a prolonged battle with gastric cancer.

The legal practitioner, who had extensive milieu in social commentary, passed away on Friday, December 29, in Alberta.

This comes three weeks after he took to X to lamented his inability to see a doctor on time in Alberta.

Peoples Gazette reports that Odekunle discovered he had stomach cancer that was spreading fast and leaving too little time to contain when he arrived in Edmonton in 2020.

It was gathered that the cancer was stage four when he passed on Friday evening.

He left behind his wife and two children, who live in Canada.

https://instablog9ja.com/2023/12/30/weeks-after-lamenting-his-inability-to-see-a-doctor-canada-based-nigerian-lawyer-dis-from-gastric-cancer/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by naptu2: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
JJ. Omojuwa @Omojuwa

Rest in peace my brother @oddy4real. I am glad I spent time with you and your beautiful family on my visit to Canada earlier this month. You were strong and dogged. You couldn’t have done more.

I love you brother. Rest in peace ❤️

https://twitter.com/Omojuwa/status/1740989488376234233

JJ. Omojuwa @Omojuwa

Ayokunle @oddy4real has had his run. He had a great run. He fought cancer long and hard. Discovered at stage 4, he defied different dates and when he was ready, he passed yesterday in Edmonton. I deduced his last message to me as him signing out, he was ready to go. If you followed him on Twitter, you’d agree he’d come to accept things too, even though he never stopped dreaming and never stopped living. He lived every moment of these tough months and was never sorry for himself. Don’t be sorry for him.

Khalil, Kamilah and Halima — his two kids and wife — are here. You can be kind to them. Halima will need every help she can get. Most people will ultimately move on from this tragic news and forget about Oddy and his family — it’s not wickedness, it is life — but now that we are about him, let’s do the best we can. Let’s do the most we can for his family. After now, when you remember, do it again.

https://twitter.com/Omojuwa/status/1741012648529924255

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
Rip

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by chopnaira: 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
And Labour party supporters are jubilating over his death on twitter. Very annoying people.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by TemplarLandry: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Splashme: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
RIP
Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Splashme: 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
chopnaira:
And Labour party supporters are jubilating over his death on twitter. Very annoying people.

Nonsense talk.

I am a supporter of Peter Obi otherwise called Obidients and I feel sad for the loss.

Don't just pick a few comments from Obidients supporters and generalise.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by ovieigho(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
No !!!!
Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Ogilinsaka: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
RIP man

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by seunmsg(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2023
This is really so unfortunate. I’m really so saddened over news of his untimely death despite the fact that we are not on the same political sides.

It’s also very worrisome reading the kind of tweets coming from Peter Obi supporters against Oddy even in death. This is the same Oddy that became popular on Twitter for his anti-Tinubu and anti-APC opinions. To these hateful Obidients, opposing Tinubu doesn’t count in as much as you’re Yoruba and not supporting Peter Obi; you’re going to be dragged even in death. A big lesson to all Yorubas out there. Know when to fight your brother and when to stop.

My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones he left behind. May God grant him eternal rest.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Beremx(f): 7:58pm On Dec 30, 2023
May his soul rest in peace. My condolences to those he left behind.

Eyaaa It is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by jmoore(m): 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2023
Popular? I am just knowing him now.

Stomach cancer?
If na 9ja, dey will blame village people without any diagnosis.

4 Likes

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by jargonzboi(m): 8:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
He fought a good fight for a course he believed in.
Rest well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by dominique(f): 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
Chai! And he just turned 36. May God rest his soul and comfort the young family he left behind sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by abdeefggh: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2023
RIP
Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by DesChyko: 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
He should rest in peace o. It's a call to us that are still alive that death eventually comes for everyone. Live your life as truthful and as just as you can so you won't be caught unawares.

I see some already famzing. The deceased knew you would and already asked that you don't fool anyone with your false empathy. Say what's really on your mind and move on.

He didn't think much of the dead either.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Biglittlelois(f): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2023
In NIGERIA today, tribal and religious politics has dominated common sense, human feelings, and conscience

Rip to him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Truths9ja: 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
Rip
Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by olril17(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2023
Obidients makes it hard to like Obi at all.
They and (the Batists) truly disgust me.
Two set of thoroughly horrible people.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by olril17(m): 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
seunmsg:
This is really so unfortunate. I’m really so saddened over news of his untimely death despite the fact that we are not on the same political sides.

It’s also very worrisome reading the kind of tweets coming from Peter Obi supporters against Oddy even in death. This is the same Oddy that became popular on Twitter for his anti-Tinubu and anti-APC opinions. To these hateful Obidients, opposing Tinubu doesn’t count in as much as you’re Yoruba and not supporting Peter Obi; you’re going to be dragged even in death. A big lesson to all Yorubas out there. Know when to fight your brother and when to stop.

My thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones he left behind. May God grant him eternal rest.
Shut up!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
It is ironic that he was only recognized in death and not in life.

5 Likes

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Tallesty1(m): 10:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
Maybe because they barely know him.

chopnaira:

5 Likes

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Tallesty1(m): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2023
seunmsg:

One thing you people should understand is that dying doesn't automatically make one a good person. Dude was on 4th stage cancer, he knew pretty well that he was living on borrowed time yet he was busy spreading hatred and bigotry and you expect people to suddenly respect him because he died?

Rubbish.

Below is your man.

20 Likes

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Buharidgeneral: 12:03am On Dec 31, 2023
naptu2:
Atiku Abubakar @atiku

https://twitter.com/atiku/status/1741119005505556839
May Almighty Allah grant him Al janah firdous Amen
Rest on bros

1 Like

Re: Popular PDP Supporter, Ayokunle Odekunle Is Dead, Atiku Abubakar Mourns by Okoroawusa: 12:17am On Dec 31, 2023
Na wa o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bolanle Ambode Donates Motorized Wheelchair To A Physically Challenged Boy (Pics / Repair Works By Julius Berger At MCC Pedestrian Bridge Onitsha / Who Will Fund Aisha’s Office? – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.