Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach (36115 Views)

Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Chummynoni(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03
With time, most of the beaches would turn to pooping ground for touts, all thanks to the obas of that vicinity , and the stupid touts working for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Thomasankara(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03
[/color]are u a pet to be taken around?[color=#770077]
Turquoiseee:
I’ve never been to a beach before. Who will take me? I’ll get to wear that beautiful bikini I bought and have not had the chance to use.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:46pm On Jan 03
Nigeria is good at nothing...

Back in the days when all these beaches were beaching...

The restructuring of the beaches were monetary intended, that's why they've all lost the 'beachery' value...

All the beaches are choking...

I don't find going to beach interesting any more...

The last time I went for a real fun at a beach was over 10yrs ago, and that was Kuramo beach when it was still in existence...

I went to Oniru for a birthday party in 2022, damnn! It was choking...

Dem don turn everywhere into a bar and the beach feeling wasn't there...

Nigeria is good at nothing... Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Ishilove: 1:47pm On Jan 03
Turquoiseee:
I’ve never been to a beach before. Who will take me? I’ll get to wear that beautiful bikini I bought and have not had the chance to use.
Uncle, take yourself to the beach. You aren't handicapped or lame

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by TechCapon(m): 1:48pm On Jan 03
Enddy50ty:
If you are in Lagos and you want to enjoy the beach and it’s natural waves and vibes that comes with going to beaches, I’ll advise you don’t go to any of the beaches on Victoria Island.
Everything there is overpriced.
Just proceed to any of the beaches at Ajah and it’s environs.
is there a beach in ajah? What's the name and location?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Maj196(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03
Bitches?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Sniperwallace07(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03
Planning to check Oniru this weekend, but these reviews are not nice at all. I'll have to change my location.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Trustedpronet: 1:51pm On Jan 03
You cought me red-handed ... when i hear beaches I sincerely thought it's Nigerian women only to rush to the thread to get disappointed. Concerning those bar beaches ask those billionaires to invest in the beaches and madei it a tourist area for elite only. All those white garment and hawkers Will vacate immediately.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by lolu2019: 1:52pm On Jan 03
Chevrolet076:
After more than 15 years since I visited a beach (Eleko beach), I anticipated seeing and having the usual beach feel of
strong roaring foamy waves,
very cold winds that can sweep you off your feet,
the wide expanse of water so wide and so blue that connects to the sky as far back as your eyes can see,
hundreds of sea creatures especially crabs running back into the sea as it recedes,
the freedom of trekking kilometers down both sides of the sea,
the non-existence of any foreign thing like tractors, restaurant etc close to the sea... Just the traditional dishes and feel.

Everything is so bad that I just felt I wasted money on overrated stuffs.

No roaring waves,
no cold winds,
swimming pool-like water waves and forced waves from the jet skis and boat l cruise.
Green colored sea filled with sea weed
Cans, bottle, food pack littering everywhere
Guys with intimidating looks smoking up and down
Loudspeakers playing useless music and disturbing the peace of the sea,
Almost non-existent sea shells. Except for few tiny ones
Tractors everywhere with security guard threatening you if you dare to cross over to landmark side
Sand heaped on all four sides of the sea making it look like a swimming pool. Imagine a whole beach o

Everything has been monitized and the beach is so small that it's choking.

You can only have fun by buying overpriced things. Boat cruise at 3k, horse riding for just a short distance at 2k per person, one tiny suya at 2k, entry fẹẹ increased to 2k as well.

If not for the other families that came with football which we started playing, what would my holiday look like?

It is well. I just think not everything should be monitized and milked so it loses its natural feel.

Felt so bad for nature. The beach's sadness penetrated through my bones cry cry cry cry cry cry

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea of a good beach that is still an actual beach?
just go to Ibeno beach in Akwa ibom.it is very free.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Jungleluv5: 1:52pm On Jan 03
Chevrolet076:
After more than 15 years since I visited a beach (Eleko beach), I anticipated seeing and having the usual beach feel of
strong roaring foamy waves,
very cold winds that can sweep you off your feet,
the wide expanse of water so wide and so blue that connects to the sky as far back as your eyes can see,
hundreds of sea creatures especially crabs running back into the sea as it recedes,
the freedom of trekking kilometers down both sides of the sea,
the non-existence of any foreign thing like tractors, restaurant etc close to the sea... Just the traditional dishes and feel.

Everything is so bad that I just felt I wasted money on overrated stuffs.

No roaring waves,
no cold winds,
swimming pool-like water waves and forced waves from the jet skis and boat l cruise.
Green colored sea filled with sea weed
Cans, bottle, food pack littering everywhere
Guys with intimidating looks smoking up and down
Loudspeakers playing useless music and disturbing the peace of the sea,
Almost non-existent sea shells. Except for few tiny ones
Tractors everywhere with security guard threatening you if you dare to cross over to landmark side
Sand heaped on all four sides of the sea making it look like a swimming pool. Imagine a whole beach o

Everything has been monitized and the beach is so small that it's choking.

You can only have fun by buying overpriced things. Boat cruise at 3k, horse riding for just a short distance at 2k per person, one tiny suya at 2k, entry fẹẹ increased to 2k as well.

If not for the other families that came with football which we started playing, what would my holiday look like?

It is well. I just think not everything should be monitized and milked so it loses its natural feel.

Felt so bad for nature. The beach's sadness penetrated through my bones cry cry cry cry cry cry

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea of a good beach that is still an actual beach?
Eya sorry se you know no say Nigeria condition sef affected beach too now the things wey makes goats to stop eating grass and now eating nylon and paper water don pass garri

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:53pm On Jan 03
if i am to visit any beach now.. Badagry beach will be my point of call..
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Justiceleague1: 1:55pm On Jan 03
Omg,Bar Beach those years!!! cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Mummyfour(f): 1:56pm On Jan 03
What of badagry beach? Who has been there of recent?.
It used to be my family's resort spot those over 30 years ago, and that was because we lived around that axis Beautiful scenery, lush coconut trees and coconut fruits, very neat., Enough waves, quiet and not noisy like other beaches farther in town. Though we used to go to bar beach then .

I left Lagos so many years ago and would really love to know what badagry beach looks like. I had been telling my children that I will take them to Lagos from my present location so they could have a feel of beach life in Lagos

But this analysis is not encouraging at all. I can imagine my daughter's sharp mouth comparing the beaches in Lagos to what is every where else.
Once I was in Ghana and I can't remember the name of that beach now, but it was beautiful. We didn't get harassed or bullied by area boys and it was a fun time we had. The place was neat, enough foamy waves crashing every where. Chai it was really nice o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Mom007(f): 1:56pm On Jan 03
Try badagry beach, just that it's far. It was fun the last time I was there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Curious345: 1:59pm On Jan 03
Oniru beach is a ruse
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by PrettyRX: 2:00pm On Jan 03
Try Sol box Beach, Oniru. Quite expensive but worth it
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by sparko1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03
Turquoiseee:

And you are in Lagos? Impossible!

For the OP!

There are lots of beaches in Lagos, the one you went to is for the ordinary man, they left those for Agberos to manage.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Tzar(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03
Unless you are planning to surf (Nigerians rarely surf), I don't see it as a bad thing.
If the beach is marketed right, parents with YOUNG kids who don't want the raw power of the ocean attacking their kids will appreciate the CALM.
ednut1:
The Eko Atlantic wall barrier has reduced that beach to stagnant water. People who swim there need their head examined .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Cromagnon: 2:08pm On Jan 03
DrAkpamudehe:

It's only in Nigeria, people pay to access beaches.... Very abnormal country . Come to Gold coast(Surfers paradise), Miami of Australia and see heaven on earth beaches
Everyone pays to access beaches.
How do you think they are maintained and lifeguards are paid. It's called Taxes
How much do you pay in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by COMPAQ(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03
bdon123:

Try good beach or landmark beach n tank me later.

Even the Good beach is too small o jere. Not more than 100m width. Different people have just segmented small, small portions of that stretch to be doing beach. A real beach is one where you can walk in either direction for at least 1km and even up to 5km and stretch your legs.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by ReubenE(m): 2:15pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:
See the beach name wey you go and you dey expect to see glory...

You didn't go to Alpha beach, Kuramo Beach
Takwabe beach or Laguna beach make you see glory.

Oniru kwa?
Takwa Bay beach is shit. The worst I have even seen.

If you are trying to hide from someone, you can go there though

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by LoveJesus87(m): 2:15pm On Jan 03
Juoflife1:
Go to Artican or Santa Cruz
@ where pls?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by LoveJesus87(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:
See the beach name wey you go and you dey expect to see glory...

You didn't go to Alpha beach, Kuramo Beach
Takwabe beach or Laguna beach make you see glory.

Oniru kwa?
where those beaches dey abeg?
And what are the expenses there make I know how I go prepare go
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Jewessgratitud3: 2:21pm On Jan 03
LoveJesus87:
where those beaches dey abeg?
And what are the expenses there make I know how I go prepare go

Most of them are in VI and lekki.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by LoveJesus87(m): 2:23pm On Jan 03
Omoluabi16:
I still prefer badagry beach.The one they call coconut beach, it feels the most natural.
Suntan beach?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by LoveJesus87(m): 2:23pm On Jan 03
Omoluabi16:
I still prefer badagry beach.The one they call coconut beach, it feels the most natural.
when last did u visit the place
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Jewessgratitud3: 2:23pm On Jan 03
ReubenE:

Takwa Bay beach is shit. The worst I have even seen.

If you are trying to hide from someone, you can go there though

Never been there myself. Just heard about it from my classmates those days grin.

I've been to Kuramo sha.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by campbelljosh(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03
The last time i and my guy went to that Oniru beach ⛱️ was on a Sunday, i was still schooling in yabatech then. We got to the gate and the guys wanted to demand for money before we enter, we just bone face just dey go. Shishi we no pay
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by airsaylongcome: 2:34pm On Jan 03
Ceeman2o:

You have a point. That wall has messed the beach up. A full pond water

Wasn't that barrier on purpose? To break the waves and minimize coastal erosion on those parts?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by tuzle(m): 2:34pm On Jan 03
Beverlyjean:
Even the most recent that just opened ...Good Beach..is trash... filled up with local people from ikorodu and mushin ,.. was so irritated...left there after 10mins
do u have anything against mushin and ikorodu people? Abi they are not allowed to come to beach again because they stay in those locations? Some people who stay around that lekki environment can be annoying sometimes. They believe they are staying in New York and everybody on the mainland are from one remote village in Africa.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fraudsters: STOP Asking Your Kins Abroad To Help You Aid Your Selfish Interests! / Finland Japa / Driver Falls Off Ogudu Bridge In Lagos After Horrific Motor Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.