Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach (36123 Views)

Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Mummyfour(f): 12:05am On Jan 04
iamclime:

Let me know when you are ready to tour Badagry.There's a lot to see and do here; the beach is just one of the attractions. I can help plan your tour.
And yes, I'm based in Badagry.
oh wow!! Awesome, thanks.
I used to leave around okoko while growing up, had all my education in Lagos including LASU. But I Left Lagos and that area about 25years ago. So I know it will be kinda nice to go around there again.

I will let you know. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Omoluabi16(m): 12:09am On Jan 04
folake4u:

Oh really?

yeah, really.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by libertyfather(m): 12:16am On Jan 04
oh really? can you please tell me one or more around that locatio(ajah) planning to go this weekend....thnks
Enddy50ty:
If you are in Lagos and you want to enjoy the beach and it’s natural waves and vibes that comes with going to beaches, I’ll advise you don’t go to any of the beaches on Victoria Island.
Everything there is overpriced.
Just proceed to any of the beaches at Ajah and it’s environs.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Cromagnon: 2:35am On Jan 04
DrAkpamudehe:

Pls Keep quiet,

come and keep me quiet na
You can't

. beaches are free in first world countries,

who cleans the 'free ' beaches?
Do you think before you Talk?
Maybe it's you that should keep quiet.
Thank God I paid to go on a beach if not I will be ignorant like you

.and in south Africa.The only thing you pay for is parking if you decide to park at the beach car park when there are many free street parkings available.
you Don de confess come small small
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:10am On Jan 04
folake4u:

Hmmm interesting take.

How can one use 2k to go to Benin Republic in Lagos please?

From Iyana-oba (first gate) to Badagry is 1k... From Badagry to Seme is #300, then you trek... No enter bike o, just walk across the border compound (Any extra amount comes from you getting to Iyana-oba)

If the immigration ask for passport, tell them you don't have... You can drop #200 for them in the Nigerian side and #500 at the Beninoise side... Although you'll see people crossing also without paying more than #100 at each point... Shikena

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by 123papas(m): 7:46am On Jan 04
Bar beach and Lekki beach of the 80s and 90s is gone. Eleko beach took over in 2000s and is now gone.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by andy244: 8:55am On Jan 04
Turquoiseee:
I’ve never been to a beach before. Who will take me? I’ll get to wear that beautiful bikini I bought and have not had the chance to use.

Lets go girl. Badagry beach id the real feel..
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Draxy(m): 9:50am On Jan 04
Oya na , lets do The Good Beach, gonna be lit this weekend , if you want hit me up for IG @draxist
Turquoiseee:
I’ve never been to a beach before. Who will take me? I’ll get to wear that beautiful bikini I bought and have not had the chance to use.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by ReubenE(m): 10:20am On Jan 04
folake4u:

@ the bolded 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes, Takwa Bay is the very thing the OP decried with the exception of clean sand.

Even the water is quiet like pond water with funny structures littered around the whole place
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 10:30am On Jan 04
ReubenE:

Yes, Takwa Bay is the very thing the OP decried with the exception of clean sand.

Even the water is quiet like pond water with funny structures littered around the whole place

Oh my!!! And people still go there? Na wa.

What's the best Lagos beach, in your opinion?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Lovechyld101(m): 10:33am On Jan 04
geezyk:
Okun Ajah na travel oo, after escaping orchid road wahala, you go now face sandy roads that once you miss the path taken by other cars, your car fit sink.

The first time I went it felt like I was traveling lol but it was worth it. I really enjoyed my self and coming back it wasn’t all that far any more. There is relatively no holdup this period so driving up there from 1st toll gate won’t take 30mins na google map I use ooh I didn’t miss any road ooh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Lovechyld101(m): 10:36am On Jan 04
stillseth:
Oniru is a shadow of itself … elegushi beach still has that sandy long walk and beach waves
Lol elegushi don’t even go there that one na beach housing estate they built houses everywhere there I will still take oniru to elegushi anytime
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Lovechyld101(m): 10:47am On Jan 04
iamclime:

Let me know when you are ready to tour Badagry.There's a lot to see and do here; the beach is just one of the attractions. I can help plan your tour.

Badagry beach is nice and all the problem of going there is the security check points along the road I know you will pass over 10 check point police, customs, immigration and military.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Phyde: 11:12am On Jan 04
Omoluabi16:
I still prefer badagry beach.The one they call coconut beach, it feels the most natural.
Is the beach operating now? Last time I called, they said they are closed and wanted to upgrade their facilities.
How can i get there from Mile 2?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by ReubenE(m): 2:19pm On Jan 04
folake4u:

Oh my!!! And people still go there? Na wa.

What's the best Lagos beach, in your opinion?
Atican is okay not because it ticks all the boxes. The sand is clean, the water is okay and you can take your stuff there unlike Landmark.
The only downside is the distance and roads around that axis is not very good.

I love beach noise and loud music so I still go to Oniru more often than others. It is easier for me to commute to and fro and manage the traffic unlike that Lekki axis since I live on the mainland.
If you don't like congested environment, don't go near that place grin
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Phyde: 2:34pm On Jan 04
iamclime:

Is Sultan beach different from Coconut beach?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Phyde: 2:45pm On Jan 04
Yampotatocarrot:

From Iyana-oba (first gate) to Badagry is 1k... From Badagry to Seme is #300, then you trek... No enter bike o, just walk across the border compound (Any extra amount comes from you getting to Iyana-oba)

If the immigration ask for passport, tell them you don't have... You can drop #200 for them in the Nigerian side and #500 at the Beninoise side... Although you'll see people crossing also without paying more than #100 at each point... Shikena
So how can i find my way to a nice beach from there and the cost?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by akigbemaru: 3:19pm On Jan 04
Chevrolet076:
After more than 15 years since I visited a beach (Eleko beach), I anticipated seeing and having the usual beach feel of
strong roaring foamy waves,
very cold winds that can sweep you off your feet,
the wide expanse of water so wide and so blue that connects to the sky as far back as your eyes can see,
hundreds of sea creatures especially crabs running back into the sea as it recedes,
the freedom of trekking kilometers down both sides of the sea,
the non-existence of any foreign thing like tractors, restaurant etc close to the sea... Just the traditional dishes and feel.

Everything is so bad that I just felt I wasted money on overrated stuffs.

No roaring waves,
no cold winds,
swimming pool-like water waves and forced waves from the jet skis and boat l cruise.
Green colored sea filled with sea weed
Cans, bottle, food pack littering everywhere
Guys with intimidating looks smoking up and down
Loudspeakers playing useless music and disturbing the peace of the sea,
Almost non-existent sea shells. Except for few tiny ones
Tractors everywhere with security guard threatening you if you dare to cross over to landmark side
Sand heaped on all four sides of the sea making it look like a swimming pool. Imagine a whole beach o

Everything has been monitized and the beach is so small that it's choking.

You can only have fun by buying overpriced things. Boat cruise at 3k, horse riding for just a short distance at 2k per person, one tiny suya at 2k, entry fẹẹ increased to 2k as well.

If not for the other families that came with football which we started playing, what would my holiday look like?

It is well. I just think not everything should be monitized and milked so it loses its natural feel.

Felt so bad for nature. The beach's sadness penetrated through my bones cry cry cry cry cry cry

Has anyone experienced this? Any idea of a good beach that is still an actual beach?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 3:27pm On Jan 04
ReubenE:

Atican is okay not because it ticks all the boxes. The sand is clean, the water is okay and you can take your stuff there unlike Landmark.
The only downside is the distance and roads around that axis is not very good.

I love beach noise and loud music so I still go to Oniru more often than others. It is easier for me to commute to and fro and manage the traffic unlike that Lekki axis since I live on the mainland.
If you don't like congested environment, don't go near that place grin

Lmao. I don't like loud music, or congested environment or smelly places as well.

Everyone's been going Badagry Beach, what do you say about that.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 3:29pm On Jan 04
Yampotatocarrot:

Lol is this price recent?

Hmmm. Why should I tell the immigration I don't have passport? Is it for security reasons?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by ReubenE(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04
folake4u:

Lmao. I don't like loud music, or congested environment or smelly places as well.

Everyone's been going Badagry Beach, what do you say about that.
Haven't been there but I have seen so many people say good things about it. Would definitely like to be there to experience it first hand but I have not decided what to do with the distance.

Have you been there or any other one you would like to share?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04
Phyde:

So how can i find my way to a nice beach from there and the cost?

If Na Badagry, when you get to Badagry, just tell any bike man you're going to the beach, shikena

But if Na Benin Republic, everywhere Na beach, just walk down

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by iamclime(m): 7:03pm On Jan 04
Phyde:

Is Sultan beach different from Coconut beach?

No, it isn't. Suntan Beach is also called Coconut Beach because of the well-arranged coconut trees planted there. It is operated by the government and is the most popular beach in Badagry. It is nestled in between Sakpo Beach to the left and Fanuvi Beach to the right, if you are coming from Lagos.

Other beaches in Badagry include Aivoiji Beach, also called Ganyingbo Beach (before Suntan), Gbẹrẹfu Beach (the popular Point of No Return/Slave Route), Ar-Rakhab Beach (at Sito-Gbethrome close to Seme Border). Ar-Rakhab is a private beach.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by iamclime(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04
Yampotatocarrot:

Badagry Roundabout to Seme Border is now between ₦600 and ₦800. Some even charge ₦1000. The least you can get is ₦500 if you shine your eye.
You'll also pay the Port Health Services guys at the border ₦500 if you don't have the Yellow fever vaccination card, popularly called Yellow card, apart from paying Immigration.
And once you cross to the Benin side, note that the naira has less value than the CFA. You exchange more naira for less CFA.
So, plan well o.

From a Tour Operator
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 8:47pm On Jan 04
ReubenE:

Haven't been there but I have seen so many people say good things about it. Would definitely like to be there to experience it first hand but I have not decided what to do with the distance.

Have you been there or any other one you would like to share?

Yeah, I've seen good reviews of the beach. I'd like to experience it too. cheesy

No, I haven't been there.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 8:48pm On Jan 04
iamclime:

Badagry Roundabout to Seme Border is now between ₦600 and ₦800. Some even charge ₦1000. The least you can get is ₦500 if you shine your eye.
You'll also pay the Port Health Services guys at the border ₦500 if you don't have the Yellow fever vaccination card, popularly called Yellow card, apart from paying Immigration.
And once you cross to the Benin side, note that the naira has less value than the CFA. You exchange more naira for less CFA.
So, plan well o.

From a Tour Operator

Thanks for this.

Must you take your passport for stamping? Is there any implications if it's stamped or not?
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by ReubenE(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04
folake4u:

Yeah, I've seen good reviews of the beach. I'd like to experience it too. cheesy

No, I haven't been there.
Okay

When you eventually do, tell me about the experience.
I'm open to invitation though smiley
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by iamclime(m): 12:05am On Jan 05
folake4u:

Thanks for this.

Must you take your passport for stamping? Is there any implications if it's stamped or not?

If you have the passport, you may want to go with it. Stamping it is also part of building a travel history.
I like to respect myself and avoid unnecessary hassles, so I travel with any documentation required.

Let me know when you plan to go and if you'll be interested in a group tour.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 8:50am On Jan 05
iamclime:

If you have the passport, you may want to go with it. Stamping it is also part of building a travel history.
I like to respect myself and avoid unnecessary hassles, so I travel with any documentation required.

Let me know when you plan to go and if you'll be interested in a group tour.

Yeah, I have a passport. I'd like to build my travel history. cheesy

Thank you. Alright then.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by folake4u(f): 9:22am On Jan 05
ReubenE:

Okay

When you eventually do, tell me about the experience.
I'm open to invitation though smiley

Hahahaha.

Okay Sir.
Re: Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach by ReubenE(m): 9:58am On Jan 05
folake4u:

Hahahaha.

Okay Sir.
Thank you and have a great day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The New Face Of Oyingbo BRT Park - Photos / Move To Australia Or Canada / Abuja Airport Closure: Calibration Helicopter To Be Used In Kaduna Airport (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.