Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) (17197 Views)

Putin Flies A Heavy Supersonic Nuclear Bomber Amid NATO Tensions (Video, Pics) / Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade / China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
DJInfluence:
A president shouldn't be travelling commercial. It's not safe for both the president and normal passengers.

^^^
undecided

Educate yourself.

Your colonial overlords (who never really left) have had several prime ministers since they granted you flag independence in the 1960s. These premiers have all flown commercial - or chartered - and their economy ranks far higher than Nigeria's. The UK can certainly afford to run a permanent fleet of private aircraft in the service of its prime minister - but it doesn't. Meanwhile...a certain fifth world country with over 100 million multidimensionally poor, angry citizens has a fleet of expensive to buy, expensive to run "presidential" aircraft. undecided

DJInfluence:
I wouldn't want to be on that plane with a president. That's like having a target on my back.

^^^

undecided

There is a target on your back every single day as long as you are in this federal republic. If this is your argument then you shouldn't be bothered. You should be used to that target on your back by now.

DJInfluence:
What about the inconvenience that will be caused by his security attaché during check in, take off and landing?

^^^
Like I said, go educate yourself.

Some leaders have flown commercial and other passengers didn't even know till the flight had landed. Some security services have unobtrusiveness as standard operating procedure - and other airline passengers simply don't know the leader is on board until after takeoff or even after landing. The security blanket does its job quietly but effectively - and other passengers go through extra screening without even realizing it.

DJInfluence:
Govt can reduced cost is many other ways not this. Looks like publicity stunt to me.

^^^
undecided

This is so, so sad on every level.

If you genuinely believe this - then there isn't anything that can be done to help you, I'm afraid.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by AbuAeesha: 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2023
Georgry:
smiley

I didn't support Peter Obi but he is the only person that *could" or "might" have done this in Nigeria.

Tinubu will even add more plane to the fleet and Atiku is as reckless as him also, bunch of useless politicians Nigeria parade.

To be candid i see no way out for Nigeria, our own generation is full of yahoo boys, smokers, oloshos and thieves, even worse than this current group of generation, and the latest generation that called themselves gen z will be so worse that they might legalise lesbianism in Nigeria.
Excuse me!
Did Obi did so while he was a governor??
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by SouthSouth1914: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
Iseoluwani:
Argentina is faced with inflation, so the president used wisdom. Na better person be this

Living by example unlike Tinubu who took more than 1.4k delegates to the forest!

1 Like

Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
Image123:
Lol, someone is taking lessons from where, Argentina? You've got to be clowning in the name of opposition.

^^^
The usual empty bravado.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Omobalo67:

More of a publicity stunt, in ARGENTINA of all places? That guy most be joking with his life.

^^^
What's wrong with Argentina? undecided
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
lexy2014:
the prime minister of Netherlands rides a bicycle to work. Tinubu goes to mosque in a 40 vehicle convoy

^^^
This comment is loaded. Heavily.

The Dutch premier goes to work on a bicycle. I wager that as poor as I am, I could probably cover the overheads of maintaining that bicycle. After all, who ever heard of a bullet proof bicycle?

It also wouldn't surprise me if the man is an atheist. Meanwhile...in one country like that....
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Nigeria economy is far better than that of Argentina. So Tinubu and Shettima should keep on flying in private jets.

^^^
The usual nonsense. You have no argument.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by osayuking(m): 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
He’s such an idiot! He’s more of a scam than Peter obi. As a president protocol’s needs to be observed. The number 1 citizen wouldn’t be safe if he flies commercial planes ✈️ or road and sea transport all the time. That is 💯 security breach and if this wasn’t politically planned, he could be vulnerable to assassination seeing the enemies he’s created during the election and keep creating 1) fighting the judiciary parliament and threatening to pass a law via crook means 2) threatening to cut the argentines national currency to absorb American dollars 3) taking argentines backward economically after he unilaterally decided to withdraw 🇦🇷 from the pre planned absorption into the Power house BRICS+. Such a slowpoke he’s and his policies.

Please Nigerians before comparing, dig for informations and be rational with your common sense which is obviously rare in this pur country
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I didn't attack you, you're the one that quot me and wailing because of my comment. Tinubu and Shettima will keep on flying private jet, it does not matter how much you wail.

If nah your papa be president of Nigeria, you no go talk like this. You're only saying all this because you don't like Tinubu.

^^^
undecided

Whatever it is they are paying you - its way too much.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by ADEKNO1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2023
Georgry:
smiley

I didn't support Peter Obi but he is the only person that *could" or "might" have done this in Nigeria.

Tinubu will even add more plane to the fleet and Atiku is as reckless as him also, bunch of useless politicians Nigeria parade.

To be candid i see no way out for Nigeria, our own generation is full of yahoo boys, smokers, oloshos and thieves, even worse than this current group of generation, and the latest generation that called themselves gen z will be so worse that they might legalise lesbianism in Nigeria.
U are right... Nigeria future is at stake
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by IbeOkehie: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Georgry:
smiley

The Nigerian people thought Buhari would do this grin The man even gave a public keynote speech in London promising to sell off the Presidential Air Fleet or reduce it, whatever. For where? grin

Peter Obi would definitely have been a prudent manager of resources for Nigeria. I doubt he would have made deep systemic changes, but he would have saved money. Winning the election? Impossible. Too bad.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Ikaeniyan0: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
The usual nonsense. You have no argument.
So why you dey waste my time dey quote me ?
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by mordigreen: 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
Georgry:

I don't do tribe stuff, and when I said could, it means I am not certain about it, please note that i am an independent thinker and i knew the 3 of them are almost the same, the reason I didn't go with him is because of the way you obedients are carrying him like a saint which is not the case, I slept like a baby on the day of the election.

You didn't do yourself or your future generations any good by sleeping like a baby on the day of elections, because some certain people presented Obi as a Saint which you didn't like,and you only came here as an "independent thinker" to say I mean "Obi could"..your likes are many,don't worry our children will meet in the future and settle the mess we have created for whatever reasons but for now,we still have to deal with it weather independent thinkers like it or not,the pain is for all to share.first to blink.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by naija1stnigar(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2023
Here they will borrow money to buy more jet and vehicles, they will also add over 1000 needless aides/passengers to thier traveling lists and also rent luxurious hotels for them.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by justmondris: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Nigeria economy is far better than that of Argentina. So Tinubu and Shettima should keep on flying in private jets.

How is Nigeria's economy better than Argentina's economy when Argentina's GDP in 2023 is 621.833B USD and that of Nigeria is 390.002B USD?
Just they deceive yourself.

Source: https://www.populationu.com/gen/countries-by-gdp#google_vignette
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by uvie66: 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Georgry:
smiley

..... Did you not see his convoy in Lagos recently, he had over thirty vehicles
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Ikaeniyan0: 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2023
justmondris:

How is Nigeria's economy better than Argentina's economy when Argentina's GDP in 2023 is 621.833B USD and that of Nigeria is 390.002B USD?
Just they deceive yourself.

Source: https://www.populationu.com/gen/countries-by-gdp#google_vignette
Please stop disgracing yourself
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Bluntemperor: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2023
How White Men always stands for what they believed!
Nigeria is broke,yet we are budgeting NBillions and more in different directions!
1•When shall the Nigerian Youths have Millions of Jobs being Created and forget Japa-Syndrome?
•Nigerians are waiting to see-other Positive things in the other areas:
2- Positive Changed in DISCOS - that have no plans for constant and Regular Lights.
3- Foods on our Tables- especially on the Agricultural Sectors.More Export of Foodstuffs than Imports!
4- Industrial Development Priorities - e g.Cutton , Manufacturing, Steel Productions,but can we achieved any with the use of Generators Importations, that Ghanaian and Benin-Republic ( our Neighborhood have done away with)!
5- Good and Motorable-Roads!
6- Transportation and intercity Railways,etc!
We hope the government ( both Fed and States) are seeing how Leadership is being built -in a far away Whiteman Country- Argentina! This New President is making waves there and he cares less about another Term!
Stand firmly on your Promises!
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by aribisala0(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Argentina has no business with poverty
Population 45 million and land mass almost 3 times the size of Nigeria

Did you know that in 1895 Argentina was the richest country in the World?

So what happened?
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Godszilla: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
aribisala0:
Argentina has no business with poverty
Population 45 million and land mass almost 3 times the size of Nigeria

Did you know that in 1895 Argentina was the richest country in the World?

So what happened?

Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by justmondris: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Please stop disgracing yourself

Please explain how.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by godofuck231: 9:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
Meanwhile a dead president wants a luxury yacht
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by caracas: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Go and ask your father
Av asked him , he said you belong to the former….
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Obrigardo: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2023
These are the most corrupt dictators at the eventual end. Just watch out.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by ViceGovernor: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
BUSHHUNTER:
Aside from that FIFA shortcut cheat! Any other person from that side? undecided
Kun Aguero and Don Maradona 😤
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Ikaeniyan0: 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2023
caracas:

Av asked him , he said you belong to the former….
Only your father can answer such a foolish question cause he's one.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by DJInfluence: 9:49am On Jan 01
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

Educate yourself.

Your colonial overlords (who never really left) have had several prime ministers since they granted you flag independence in the 1960s. These premiers have all flown commercial - or chartered - and their economy ranks far higher than Nigeria's. The UK can certainly afford to run a permanent fleet of private aircraft in the service of its prime minister - but it doesn't. Meanwhile...a certain fifth world country with over 100 million multidimensionally poor, angry citizens has a fleet of expensive to buy, expensive to run "presidential" aircraft. undecided

^^^

undecided

There is a target on your back every single day as long as you are in this federal republic. If this is your argument then you shouldn't be bothered. You should be used to that target on your back by now.

^^^
Like I said, go educate yourself.

Some leaders have flown commercial and other passengers didn't even know till the flight had landed. Some security services have unobtrusiveness as standard operating procedure - and other airline passengers simply don't know the leader is on board until after takeoff or even after landing. The security blanket does its job quietly but effectively - and other passengers go through extra screening without even realizing it.

^^^
undecided

This is so, so sad on every level.

If you genuinely believe this - then there isn't anything that can be done to help you, I'm afraid.

What's this rant about? I gave my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But telling me to educate myself? Why some of you had to add subtle or outright insult when commenting is beyond me. Who allowed underaged kids here? By the way, all your comments are just illogical I don't even know how your train is thoughts work.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by DJInfluence: 10:04am On Jan 01
lexy2014:
the prime minister of netherlands rides bicycle to work. tinubu drives to mosque with 40 cars.

which security are you talking about here?
There are few countries where this is an exception. The president of USA or that if China can't try what you just mentioned here. But if you still like to be on the same public flight as your president be my guest. But you know this won't stop the use of the presidential fleet. Even in Argentina. Those planes still need to be maintained.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by lexy2014: 10:10am On Jan 01
DJInfluence:
There are few countries where this is an exception. The president of USA or that if China can't try what you just mentioned here. But if you still like to be on the same public flight as your president be my guest. But you know this won't stop the use of the presidential fleet. Even in Argentina. Those planes still need to be maintained.

in my post that you responded to, can you show me where I mentioned anything about public flight? how does that negate my post and how does it answer the question I asked:

which security are you talking about here?

pls on what basis are you comparing Tinubu with the presidents of China and the US?
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by Fujiyama: 11:06am On Jan 01
DJInfluence:
I gave my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

^^^
I clearly don't.

The problem is that you gave a couple of opinions and you also made definitive statements - statements to be taken as fact. It is those statements I am challenging.

DJInfluence:
But telling me to educate myself? Why some of you had to add subtle or outright insult when commenting is beyond me.

^^^
undecided

It is not an insult. You die when you stop learning.

Life and all it throws at us is an education. Each new day is an opportunity to learn something new or revise what we knew previously.

DJInfluence:
Who allowed underaged kids here?

^^^
grin

The mods. Please don't blame them though.

I look far older than I really am. Nigeria does that to you...sad

DJInfluence:
By the way, all your comments are just illogical I don't even know how your train is thoughts work.

^^^
sad

I found the logic and critical reasoning classes too hard and so I stopped going. I will do better next time.
Re: Argentina's President Flies Commercial To Cut Government Spending (Video) by TrumpDonald2: 5:25pm On Jan 01
The only Nigerian politician that can do this in Nigeria today is Peter Obi. But some people will not like this truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russian Railways Defaults In Credit Payment As Effects Of Sanctions Hit. / Mike Pence Will Not Block Biden's Electors, Says He Doesnt Have The Power / Images Of The Devastation By Hurricane Sandy In The U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.