Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha (15771 Views)

Umahi: I'm Unbothered By Court Ruling On My Sack. I've Even Added Weight / Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ / How Buhari Directed Me To Initiate Shehu Sani ‘s Recall From Senate – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Thonyboy: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
A former Senator, who represented Abia Central district, Darlington Nwokocha has again cried out about the judgement of the Appeal Court which sacked him.

Nwokocha, who was elected as a Senator in February on the platform of the Labour Party, LP, was on November 4, sacked by the Appeal Court which declared Col Austin Akobundu (Rtd) of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as the rightful winner of the Abia Central contest.

But two months after his sack, Nwokocha is still hurt by his removal.

Speaking in a live radio interview on Family Love 99.9 FM Umuahia, Nwokocha said he was still surprised that the Appeal Court removed him from office, despite his wide acceptance and popularity among the people of Abia Central.

He also expressed surprise that the Appeal Court refused to reverse itself on his case despite the “evidences” he presented to the judges.

According to him, the legal points used by the Appeal Court in sacking him were “inconsistent with legal proceedings” and should not have been used.

“I am still surprised that somebody can make such a judgement. I am still surprised till now”, Nwokocha lamented.

He further explained that his hope of being reinstated by the Supreme Court was rejected by the apex Court on the grounds that his matter should end in Appeal Court.

Nwokocha, who was recently received by his people, said he has left everything to God.

The former Senator equally commended the political rapport existing between Governor Alex Otti and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Benjamin Kalu, saying that the LP and the APC bigwigs’ brotherhood was needed for the development of Abia State.
https://.ng/2023/12/31/my-sack-from-senate-still-surprising-lps-nwokocha/

3 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Melagros(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
That's democracy/ judiciary for you under apc

24 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by garriAndsugar: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2023
What change did you achieve in your short time there?
Useless politician always after their stomach

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by richiemcgold: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2023
Your eyes never clear?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by NwaNimo1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2023

Why - Are you not from the Zoo?

2 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by adecz: 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2023
undecided
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by athaboi(f): 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2023
The failure of a supposed independent state
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by CoronaVirusPro: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
Reality will always humble you! grin grin grin

He should keep seeking relevance like Peter against 2027.

7 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by FineUsername(m): 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2023
It definitely gonna be painful.

Law’wand got the magic stick.

2 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Brunicekid(m): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
Mehn, sorry...
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by obembet(f): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
Melagros:
That's democracy/ judiciary for you under apc

Read the article again, check how the Mata concern APC... Also remember that same judiciary affirm Otti as winner

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by outoftheworld: 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
Lawless county
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Tofu4us: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
cheesy cheesy
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by lordm(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
Sorry
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Wuless82(m): 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Thonyboy:
A former Senator, who represented Abia Central district, Darlington Nwokocha has again cried out about the judgement of the Appeal Court which sacked him.

Nwokocha, who was elected as a Senator in February on the platform of the Labour Party, LP, was on November 4, sacked by the Appeal Court which declared Col Austin Akobundu (Rtd) of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as the rightful winner of the Abia Central contest.

But two months after his sack, Nwokocha is still hurt by his removal.

Speaking in a live radio interview on Family Love 99.9 FM Umuahia, Nwokocha said he was still surprised that the Appeal Court removed him from office, despite his wide acceptance and popularity among the people of Abia Central.

He also expressed surprise that the Appeal Court refused to reverse itself on his case despite the “evidences” he presented to the judges.

According to him, the legal points used by the Appeal Court in sacking him were “inconsistent with legal proceedings” and should not have been used.

“I am still surprised that somebody can make such a judgement. I am still surprised till now”, Nwokocha lamented.

He further explained that his hope of being reinstated by the Supreme Court was rejected by the apex Court on the grounds that his matter should end in Appeal Court.

Nwokocha, who was recently received by his people, said he has left everything to God.

The former Senator equally commended the political rapport existing between Governor Alex Otti and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Benjamin Kalu, saying that the LP and the APC bigwigs’ brotherhood was needed for the development of Abia State.

https://.ng/2023/12/31/my-sack-from-senate-still-surprising-lps-nwokocha/

Na so Nigeria judicial system dey surprise everyone over their unjust rulling. Imagine judiciary calling INEC a naked masquerade dancing in the public. The thing never clear for my eyes

4 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by spencekat(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
Just take heart and move on. It is really painful winning an election with a landslide victory and court overturned it without a tangible reason.

7 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by GeneralOjukwu: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
cheesy

So pa si rice. grin

Even Peter Obi is still shocked at how many votes he got in the North.

Na him mumu followers dey wait make Mount Everest enter teaspoon.

8 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
profbrightuzoma:
U don't actually know this man am from Abia state...he has done a great in our society...
Oh really?
Hopefully the Supreme Court will reinstate him.
If he is a good man as you said.
We live good people,
No matter the political party .

A better Nigeria 🇳🇬 all around is all we want at MANNABBQGRlLLS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Righthussle: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Go open church make OBIdients give you tithe and offering. You still hammer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by profbrightuzoma: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
U don't actually know this man am from Abia state...he has done a great in our society...
garriAndsugar:
What change did you achieve in your short time there?
Useless politician always after their stomach
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by jiz: 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
Next time you will learn how to mind your business on the senate floor and focus on the people delivering the best to your people. Alex Otti is the wisest governor because he knows the hatered the federal and other governors (apc and pdp join) have for him because of Peter Obi, yet he is wining his court case without bowing to those who think they own democracy. .....you just waste LP slot carelessly
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by visijo(m): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
I wonder who go first drink garri for 2024 🤔🤣😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Blue3k(m): 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by stano2(m): 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
Apc democrazy
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Peacemaker5128: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
Go and join IPOB terrorists

5 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by GboyegaD(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
I'm not privy to his proceedings however, the judiciary during the election petitions have shown so much disregards and favoritism.

To those who have cheered them on, remember you have judges on civil proceedings and don't cry foul should you have a course to use our legal system and you are cheated.

2 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by opamoses1: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
What's surprising. You did gbajue and you got booted out. Baba Datti Ahmed was expelled from the Senate for gbajue too. Go and meet him for explanation.

5 Likes

Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by Starships4u(m): 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
POLITICS
Re: My Sack From Senate Still Surprising – LP’s Nwokocha by israelmao(m): 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
The judiciary has been pocketed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Leader Arrested At Karkasara Quarters In Kano / Bauchi Government To Renovate Government House With ₦6.1 Billion / APGA Removes Obiano, Bianca Ojukwu As BOT Chairman And Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.