Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,982 members, 7,863,496 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) (5522 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:49am On May 26
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2024-May -26
(Trinity Sunday)

🎯TOPIC: REVERENCE GOD ALWAYS

✝️ TEXT: Psalm 29: 1-11(NKJV)
29:1.Give unto the LORD, O you mighty ones, Give unto the LORD glory and strength.
29:2. Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
29:3. The voice of the LORD [is] over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The LORD [is] over many waters.
29:4. The voice of the LORD [is] powerful; The voice of the LORD [is] full of majesty.
29:5. The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars, Yes, the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon.
29:6. He makes them also skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
29:7. The voice of the LORD divides the flames of fire.
29:8. The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness; The LORD shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
29:9. The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth, And strips the forests bare; And in His temple everyone says, "Glory!"
29:10. The LORD sat [enthroned] at the Flood, And the LORD sits as King forever.
29:11. The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.

✝️ STUDY: David the writer of this psalm presented God who reveals Himself in so many ways, even in the storm. He invited all that God has created to worship and thank Him (vv. 1&2). Though it is Trinity Sunday, this psalm manifests the oneness of God as against the false belief of the pagans who assigned a god to various manifestations of nature. In this Psalm, David invited all that God has created to worship the Creator and not the creature. He does this by identifying what God is capable of doing, what He has done and what He is going to do to deserve our praises (vv. 3-11). Even in the midst of anguish and pain, God reveals Himself; where it looks very impossible, He still reveals Himself. So, for these reasons, no other deity deserves our praises and worship but God only.Beloved, it is important we know that though the storm reveals the power of God, His power would bring peace to us if only we believe in Him. This is because peace will only come from the one who has power to control all things. So, in all we do, we must always recognize, adore, praise, worship and glorify God, for He is the only one who is worthy of all these.

✝️PRAYER: Lord, please grant me the grace to always reverence You in all I do in Jesus' Name. Amen!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:50am On May 27
Date: 2024-May -27
(Children's Day)

🎯TOPIC: CHILDREN, GOD'S HERITAGE!

✝️ TEXT: Luke 18: 15-17(NKJV)
18:15. Then they also brought infants to Him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw [it,] they rebuked them.
18:16. But Jesus called them to [Him] and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
18:17. "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

✝️ STUDY: Today's passage is a reminder to all and sundry that the eternal plan of God to save mankind does not exclude the little ones. The Psalmist says,“Behold children are a heritage from the Lord...” (Psa. 127: 3). Mothers crowded around the Lord Jesus with their infants in order that they also might receive blessings from Him. The reaction of the disciples shows that they were annoyed by this 'intrusion' into the Saviour's time. Probably, they thought this action had interjected Jesus earlier discussion, or there was no room for children in Jesus' ministry. However, Jesus rebuked the disciples, and tenderly called the little children to Himselfsaying, “Ofsuch is the kingdom of God“ (v.16).Parents must learn from Jesus' tender action to the little ones as we celebrate them today. The first lesson is seen in Jesus' response, “Permit little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them, for such is the kingdom of God.”This shows that the Lord welcomes children ministry in Christendom. It also teaches that children can be saved at a very tender age. No matter their age who wish to come to Jesus, they should be permitted to do so. This underscores the idea of infant baptism to the church. In verse 17, Jesus states that “Whoever will not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will in no way enter into it.” Those who would submit to the kingdom reign of Jesus must be humble and childlike. Finally, little children do not need to become adults to be saved, but adults need the simple faith and humility of children to enter God's kingdom.

✝️PRAYER: Heavenly Father, help our young ones to grow in your wisdom andhumility in Jesus' Name. Amen!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:43am On May 28
Date: 2024-May -28

🎯TOPIC: PARTNERSHIP IN EVANGELISM THROUGH GIVING

✝️ TEXT: Philippians 4: 10-19(NKJV)
4:10. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity.
4:11. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:
4:12. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
4:13. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
4:14. Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.
4:15. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only.
4:16. For even in Thessalonica you sent [aid] once and again for my necessities.
4:17. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account.
4:18. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things [sent] from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.
4:19. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

✝️ STUDY: Today's passage reveals two bible verses - perhaps, the best-known and best-loved verses in the entire chapter. First, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”(v.13). Second, “And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (v.19). The former explains Paul's contentment in the ministry-He had learnt to live in contentment throughout all stages in his ministry: In need and plenty, in sorrow and joy, etc. The latter is Paul's blessing to the Philippians. Paul blessed them because they had met his need in the ministry through their acts of giving. Paul emphasised that this was the only church that supported his ministry both to the churches he pastured and his personal needs. This is a reminder to all ministers of God and Christians that everyone has their roles and duties to play if the gospel must continue to move forward in our generation. We must learn to be contented in all seasons; Lack is not an excuse to steal or embezzle church funds, lest we lose our dignity. We should also emulate the Philippians who seized every opportunity to care for the propagation of the gospel and betterment of God's ministers. In other words, because they gave their material resources to God, to the point of endangering their own livelihood, God would supply their every need. The church today should seek such blessings!

✝️PRAYER: Lord, please strengthen me to get involved in the expansion of Your Kingdom, Amen!
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:06am On May 29
*THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 29TH MAY, 2024 *THEME:* THE GOSPEL KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES

*TEXT:* PHILIPPIANS 4: 20-23 (NKJV)

4:20. Now to our God and Father [be] glory forever and ever. Amen.
4:21. Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you.
4:22. All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar's household.
4:23. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Thinking of God's abundant provision in his ministry caused Apostle Paul to conclude his letter in praise. He exclaimed that all glory must go to God alone (v.20). This is a suitable language for every child of God who daily experiences God's gracious care, provision and help. Paul also extended his greetings to all saints in Phillippi, and sent greetings from the brethren who were with him, especially the saints of Caesar's household. The godly influence, reputation and boldness of Paul reached even into Caesar's household through the preaching of the gospel. This was a man who was under Roman imprisonment, yet he used such adventure to witness Christ to the so-called enemies of the Christian faith and won some of them to Christ.

This is a great lesson from Paul's strategic methods of evangelism. Christians must never underestimate the power of the gospel to change the lives of men, especially people of other faiths. Most times, though these people occupy high positions in society, Christians are encouraged to witness Christ to them always. It is not sinful if we have converts at the highest levels of affairs of our society. Such converts are better likened to spiders who find their ways into the king's palace (Prov. 30: 28). The Gospel of Christ knows no boundary; it can penetrate the most forbidding walls and plant itself in the very homes of those who seek to kill it. Truly, the gates ofHades shall not prevail against the church of Jesus Christ.

*FOOD FOR THOUGHT:*
Be a carrier of the gospel even to the gentiles.

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I will show you the mysteries of My kingdom_ ." *Matthew 13: 11*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:00am On May 30

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 30TH MAY, 2024
*THEME:* GOD'S JUDGMENT OVER THE ENEMIES OF HIS PEOPLE

*TEXT:* OBADIAH 1: 1-14 (NKJV)

1:1. The vision of Obadiah. Thus says the Lord GOD concerning Edom (We have heard a report from the LORD, And a messenger has been sent among the nations, [saying,] "Arise, and let us rise up against her for battle"wink:
1:2. "Behold, I will make you small among the nations; You shall be greatly despised.
1:3. The pride of your heart has deceived you, [You] who dwell in the clefts of the rock, Whose habitation is high; [You] who say in your heart, 'Who will bring me down to the ground?'
1:4. Though you ascend [as] high as the eagle, And though you set your nest among the stars, From there I will bring you down," says the LORD.
1:5. " If thieves had come to you, If robbers by night -- Oh, how you will be cut off! -- Would they not have stolen till they had enough? If grape-gatherers had come to you, Would they not have left [some] gleanings?
1:6. "Oh, how Esau shall be searched out! [How] his hidden treasures shall be sought after!
1:7. All the men in your confederacy Shall force you to the border; The men at peace with you Shall deceive you [and] prevail against you. [Those who eat] your bread shall lay a trap for you. No one is aware of it.
1:8. "Will I not in that day," says the LORD, "Even destroy the wise [men] from Edom, And understanding from the mountains of Esau?
1:9. Then your mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, To the end that everyone from the mountains of Esau May be cut off by slaughter.
1:10. " For violence against your brother Jacob, Shame shall cover you, And you shall be cut off forever.
1:11. In the day that you stood on the other side -- In the day that strangers carried captive his forces, When foreigners entered his gates And cast lots for Jerusalem -- Even you [were] as one of them.
1:12. But you should not have gazed on the day of your brother In the day of his captivity; Nor should you have rejoiced over the children of Judah In the day of their destruction; Nor should you have spoken proudly In the day of distress.
1:13. You should not have entered the gate of My people In the day of their calamity. Indeed, you should not have gazed on their affliction In the day of their calamity, Nor laid [hands] on their substance In the day of their calamity.
1:14. You should not have stood at the crossroads To cut off those among them who escaped; Nor should you have delivered up those among them who remained In the day of distress.

Understanding the historical relationship between Edom and Israel will help us to understand the animosity that the Edomites had towards Israelites, which later resulted in their destruction. Esau was the father of the Edomites and Jacob the father of Israel. It seems that Esau's anger towards his brother, Jacob, was passed on to his descendants. The Edomites seized every chance they had to fight Israel. They did not only rejoice over Israel's captivity, but also took over his possession. Therefore, because of their evil behaviour, God condemned them to termination as a nation. God sent nations to rise up against them in battle, to make them small and to bring them down completely (vv.1, vv 2 & vv 4). The fulfilment of their destruction happened about A. D. 70 when their land was ruined economically by the Arab invaders and later conquered by the Romans.

It is time Christians should beware of God's judgment that begins even from this world. Christians should beware of their actions to their neighbours while avoiding issues that can transpire between families and eventually lead to generational battles. God is a Righteous Judge; He will surely judge everyone according to their wickedness against their neighbours. God encourages brotherly love among brethren so that people can live together in peace and harmony. Christians should also learn not to take laws into their hands, especially at this trying period when we face persecutions from other faiths but rather call upon God to fight against the enemies of Christian faith.

*PRAYER:*
Lord, please help us live together in love and peace, in Jesus name. _*Amen!*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Those who overcome will eat from the tree of life in paradise."_ *Revelation 2: 7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:09am On May 31

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 31ST MAY, 2024 *THEME:* RESTORATION OF GOD'S PEOPLE IS CERTAIN

*TEXT:* OBADIAH 1: 15-21 (NKJV)

1:15. " For the day of the LORD upon all the nations [is] near; As you have done, it shall be done to you; Your reprisal shall return upon your own head.
1:16. For as you drank on my holy mountain, [So] shall all the nations drink continually; Yes, they shall drink, and swallow, And they shall be as though they had never been.
1:17. "But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, And there shall be holiness; The house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
1:18. The house of Jacob shall be a fire, And the house of Joseph a flame; But the house of Esau [shall be] stubble; They shall kindle them and devour them, And no survivor shall [remain] of the house of Esau," For the LORD has spoken.
1:19. The South shall possess the mountains of Esau, And the Lowland shall possess Philistia. They shall possess the fields of Ephraim And the fields of Samaria. Benjamin [shall possess] Gilead.
1:20. And the captives of this host of the children of Israel [Shall possess the land] of the Canaanites As far as Zarephath. The captives of Jerusalem who are in Sepharad Shall possess the cities of the South.
1:21. Then saviors shall come to Mount Zion To judge the mountains of Esau, And the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Verse 17 of today's passage says, “But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness. And the house of Jacob will possess their possession.“ In spite of the captivity of Israel and Judah to Babylon and Assyria respectively, and the wickedness of Edom against Israel, God promised His people a better ending. There is always a light at the end of a dark tunnel. This promise will be fulfilled only in the day of the Lord, when God will come to intervene in matters affecting his people (v.15). He will surely fight against all nations that are enemies to Israel, rescue His people and bring them back to their land in holiness.

This is a message to all that God will never leave or abandon His people in the hands of the wicked. As Christians, we should understand that sometimes our moments of trial are a result of our transgressions against God. In the midst of the consequences of our actions, God is ever faithful. He will surely deliver His people, especially the remnant. As God restored Israel when they returned from Babylonian captivity in 536 B. C and the Medo-Persian Empire allowed them to take possession of their former lands, so will the Lord restore His people in this generation and allow them to possess their possessions.

Dear Lord, deliver us from the hands of enemies and restore us to our fullness, in Jesus name. _*Amen!*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I have prepared amazing things for those who love Me."_ *1 Corinthians 2: 9*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:16am On Jun 01
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 1ST JUNE, 2024

*THEME:* LET THERE BE LIGHT AND THERE WAS LIGHT

*TEXT:* GENESIS 1: 1-5 (NKJV)

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

4. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

5. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day

At creation, the Bible affirms that the _"..earth was without form and void: and darkness was upon the face of the deep... and God said, Let there he light: and there was light"_ _(Gen. 1: 2 & 3)._ God brought the light into being to dispel darkness and reveal the beauty of His creation. Light is the opposite of darkness and everyone knows that darkness is associated with confusion, evil and death. The advent of light makes darkness lose its power and influence, and announces the beauty of all hidden treasures. It is interesting to note that when darkness was the major characteristic of the empty earth, God commanded light into being.

Beloved, it is possible that darkness has covered your life and probably your business or family. It is possible that before now you might have been living in a state of confusion and under satanic influence. However, God who commanded light into the darkness of the world, is still the same today (Heb. 13: cool. If you have received the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you have been given the authority over snakes and scorpions and all the powers of darkness, and nothing shall by any means hurt you (Luke 10: 19). All you need to do is to declare light into the darkness of your life and there will be light. If you have not surrendered your life to Jesus Christ, you have to do so in order that darkness will vacate your life (John 1: 9). There will be light in your life today!

Father, let there be light in my life today, in Jesus mighty name. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Those who are pure in heart will see My face."_ *Matthew 5: 8*

*EXTRA FOR THE DAY*

_*The Light of The World Is JESUS*_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naub5vbDycs?si=PTXskLixdViEoIjX

*WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF JUNE 2024*

As you go in this 6th Month, receive the new life in Jesus Christ. Every important area of your life that you have been struggling with shall be revived in Christ Jesus. Dying marriages shall receive new flavours. Dying body systems shall receive healing and vigour. Dying businesses shall experience super patronage. Dying ministries shall receive fresh unction from above. No obstacle shall be able to keep you stagnant. Your life shall move forward. _*Amen.*_

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 5:07am On Jun 02
Date: 2024-June -02

(First Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: SERVE THE LORD WITH JOY

✝️ TEXT: Psalm 95:1-7 :

1.Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
2. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
3 .For the Lord is the great God, And the great King above all gods.
4 .In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also.
5 .The sea is His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry land.
6 .Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
7. For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice:

✝️ STUDY: Joy is very important in serving the Lord. Coming unto the Lord as on this day requires that we do it in an atmosphere of joy (Psa. 122:1). Being joyful in the presence of the Lord makes worship fulfilling and spiritually rewarding. This is the main point the Psalmist makes in our reading today He says "Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make joyful noise unto him with psalms" (v.2). One major reason for expressing joy in worship is simply because the "Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods" (v.3). The Lord owns and controls all, so the joy of coming to worship Him must engulf anyone who seeks to do so. Joy in worship comes from the consideration of God's awesomeness manifested in the created order (v.5). True worship is that which is born out of intense joy in God's presence.
Brethren, as we go to the house of God today to fellowship in His presence with other believers, let us go with our hearts full of joy. This is the way we can experience the hand of God upon our lives. God wants us to be joyful because in His presence, there is fullness of joy and everlasting pleasure at His right hand. You shall have joy and gladness as you worship God today and always.

✝️Song: I have joy I belong to Jesus...
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:23am On Jun 03

*DATE:* MONDAY, 3RD JUNE, 2024 *THEME:* SEPARATED FOR A PURPOSE

*TEXT:* GENESIS 1: 6-13 (NKJV)

6. Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”

7. Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

8. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

9. Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so.

10. And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

11. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so.

12. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

13. So the evening and the morning were the third day.

The passage today reveals the beauty of God's creation. God created the firmament mainly to divide the waters above from the waters beneath. In other words, the firmament is a divider; it is like a ceiling that separates the earth filled with waters from the waters above. Interesting enough, the earth was made to reveal greater beauty thereafter as God commanded the dry ground to appear and then the vegetation. He put all these in shape on the earth to give it its unique beauty and He saw that it was good (vv. 9-12). The separation of the waters above from the waters under the firmament was to bring out greater unique beauty of the heavens and earth. What a great lesson!

Beloved, sometimes God commands us to separate from habits, people, relationships and even Christian groups, for the good of our lives and fulfilment of His overall purpose. God had great things to share with Abraham but not until Lot separated from him (Gen.13:14). The Holy Spirit separated Paul and Barnabas from the other brethren for a special assignment (Acts 13: 1&2). God commands Christians to separate from every pollution and pollutant in order to enjoy maximum fellowship with Him (2 Cor. 6:14-18). Every separation instructed by God is for the good of His children and you can never be wrong for choosing to obey God. He wants to separate you for a purpose. Greater glory is ahead of you!

Heavenly Father, grant me grace never to argue with Your instruction, in Jesus name. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."_ *Romans 12: 2*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 2:10am On Jun 04
Date: 2024-June -04

🎯TOPIC: YOU ARE NOT AN ACCIDENT

✝️ TEXT: Genesis 1: 14-19(NKJV)
1:14. Then God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;
1:15. "and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth"; and it was so.
1:16. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. [He made] the stars also.
1:17. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,
1:18. and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that [it was] good.
1:19. So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

✝️ STUDY: It is beautiful to note in our text today that God created different lights-not for the fun of it - but to serve different purposes. They were to divide the day from the night and be for signs and seasons; the sun was to give its light in the day and the moon and stars were to supply their lights at night. They all have definite purposes to serve at appointed times. God is so purposeful!Child of God, your life is not an accident. God has a great and beautiful intention for creating you. Before you were formed in your mother's womb, He knew you and had ordained a beautiful course of life for you (Jer. 1: 5). You are not an accident in your family; you are not a misfit in your marriage; you were brought through your lineage for a good purpose which you must strive to discover and fulfil. As God by His wisdom fixed the lights in the firmament of heavens to give light upon the earth, so He has made you a bearer of His light of glory in all your spheres of life and endeavours. You are not an accident!

✝️PRAYER: PRAYER: Dear Lord, give me grace to discover and fulfil your purpose for my life.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:31am On Jun 05

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 5TH JUNE, 2024 *THEME:* YOU SHALL BRING FORTH GREAT THINGS

*TEXT:* GENESIS 1: 20-23 _*(NKJV)*_

20. Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.”

21. So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

22. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.”

23. So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

God does not speak wastefully everything He says at every moment achieves great results. This is the reason the word of God must become your word every day. God is not a man that He should lie. Whatever He speaks shall be done (Num. 23: 19). Our text today shows how God commanded the waters to bring forth sea creatures of different kinds and He also pronounced His blessings of fruitfulness and multiplication upon them.

Beloved, as you go out today, the Lord will command His blessings upon you in all areas of your life. In blessing, He will bless you; and in multiplying, He will multiply you and your seed after you (Gen. 22: 17). The same God who commanded the sea creatures into being will deliver to you all the great things you need to make your life beautiful, especially as you conclude the first half of this year. If God could issue the blessing of fruitfulness and multiplication upon the sea creatures, then it is certain that you cannot be barren. He cares for you more than you can ever imagine. Congratulations to you because great things shall break forth in your life soon.

Father, thank You because Your words are yea and amen.

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."_ _*Psalm 1: 3*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:25am On Jun 06

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 6TH JUNE, 2024 *THEME:* BORN TO REIGN!

*TEXT:* GENESIS 1: 24-31 _*(NKJV)*_

24. Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind”; and it was so
25. And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27. So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
28. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
29. And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.
30. Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so.
31. Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Man was created on the last working day - all other things had been created before he was brought into existence. Man was the apex of God's creation, the final work on the Sixth day. It must be noted that man was the only image of God - he was made differently from all other creatures. The purpose of creating man was to _"... have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth"_ (v.26). In other words, man was created to exercise Dominion over other creatures.

Child of God, you have been given the power, authority and dominion to rule and put all situations in your life under the control of your heavenly Father. You have been empowered to trample on snakes and scorpions and all the powers of the enemy (Luke 10: 19). Do not let fear grip your heart as a result of what the devil has brings your way. Rise up in the strength of the Lord to confront the enemy of your soul roaring at you in your marriage, over your business or anything that concerns you (1 Pet. 5: cool. It is your right to resist the devil whose mission is to steal your joy, kill your vision and destroy you ultimately and he will surely flee from you (James 4: 7). Do not negotiate with the enemy, go ahead and exercise your dominion over him. You were born into God's family to reign!

Father, I banish the enemy from my life today, in Jesus mighty name. _*Amen!*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_“And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.”_ *Colossians 3:15*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:23am On Jun 07

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 7TH JUNE, 2024

*THEME:* GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE

*TEXT:* GENESIS 2: 1-14 (NKJV)

1. Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished.

2. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

4. This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

5. before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;

6. but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.

7. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

8. The Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.

9. And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10. Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads.

11. The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.

12. And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there.

13. The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Cush.

14. The name of the third river is Hiddekel; it is the one which goes toward the east of Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates.

From our text today, we read about God's wonderful plan for man. The Bible says _"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed"_ (vv. 7 & cool. God did not create man to suffer but to enjoy His enormous creation; He put the man and the woman whom He made in the prepared garden and made provisions for their comfort.

Beloved, be assured this day that the Lord has a good plan for your life regardless of what the situation is today. He says _"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end"_ (Jer. 29: 11). There is a future glory for you. Your unpleasant experiences are indications that the enemy does not want you to reach your location of glory (Rom. 8: 18), so do not allow the counsels of the devil to thrive in your heart. God has made great provisions for your future; you need not to worry but believe and move on. You will smile at last. God has a plan for your life. Congratulations!

Father, I agree with Your plan for my life, in Jesus mighty name. _*Amen!*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.."_ *Ephesians 5: 17*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:40am On Jun 08

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 8TH JUNE, 2024
*THEME:* GOD IS AWARE, HE WILL HANDLE IT!

*TEXT:* GENESIS 2: 15-25 (NKJV)

15. Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.

16. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;

17. but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

18. And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

19. Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.

20. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.

21. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.

22. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

23. And Adam said:
“This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”

24. Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be[k] joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

25. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Our reading today reveals God's care for the comfort of man. The Bible tells us that God said, _"It is not good for the man to be alone"_ (v. 18). He knew that Adam was in need of a partner; a suitable helper. God saw what Adam could not see: He saw the need for a conmpanion which Adam never realised. For Adam, all was well; nothing to worry about. It is also interesting to note that God proffered a solution to the identified problem- He made a woman to be Adam's helper. He met Adam's need and gave him joy. For the first time, Adam saw a human being like himself and confessed, _"..this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man"_ (v.23).

Beloved, please calm down! God knows your needs; He is aware of your situation and He has heard your supplications. It is the devil's lie that you will die in this condition; God never said so. Is it a challenge in your health, marriage, finance or even your ministry? Your heavenly Father knows about your pains, aspirations, failures, battles and whatever you are facing right now. He knows your needs in all areas of life (Matt. 6: 33b). Just calm down and allow God to handle it. You will be amazed at the result of God's intervention. God is aware, please relax!

Lord, I thank You because You care for me.

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_""Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."_ *John 14: 27*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:24am On Jun 09
Date: 2024-June -09
(Second Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: SPEAK OF GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS TODAY

✝️ TEXT: Psalm 71: 16-24(NKJV)
71:16. I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only.
71:17. O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this [day] I declare Your wondrous works.
71:18. Now also when [I am] old and grayheaded, O God, do not forsake me, Until I declare Your strength to [this] generation, Your power to everyone [who] is to come.
71:19. Also Your righteousness, O God, [is] very high, You who have done great things; O God, who [is] like You?
71:20. [You,] who have shown me great and severe troubles, Shall revive me again, And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
71:21. You shall increase my greatness, And comfort me on every side.
71:22. Also with the lute I will praise you -- [And] Your faithfulness, O my God! To You I will sing with the harp, O Holy One of Israel.
71:23. My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing to You, And my soul, which You have redeemed.
71:24. My tongue also shall talk of Your righteousness all the day long; For they are confounded, For they are brought to shame Who seek my hurt.

✝️ STUDY: Speaking about God's faithfulness and declaring it is an important aspect of our Christian heritage. We must not stop speaking about the love of God that has led us to this height of beauty today. The passage for our consideration says “I will go in the strength of the Lord God: I will make mention of your righteousness, even of yours only. O God you hav taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared your wondrous works”(vv.16&17). It is important to declare what we have experienced in God at all times. This is otherwise known as witnessing - telling others about the grace that enlisted us in the membership of God's family (1 John 1: 1), and His care for us every day.Beloved, as you go in the strength of the Lord to God's sanctuary today and also into a new week, make mention of the love of God; speak about the righteousness of the Most High. God needs you to testify to His goodness and faithfulness. By so doing, you will encourage and show others the way of God. It is your duty to speak of the faithfulness of God that led you thus far. Speak of the great things God has done (v.19).Do not withhold His truth; do not conceal His word. Speak as God's child. Make mention of His love to someone today and this week (1 John 1: 1).

✝️PRAYER: Lord, please give me the courage to share the message of Your love with people around me
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:14am On Jun 10

*DATE:* MONDAY, 10TH JUNE, 2024

*THEME:* DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH THE DEVIL

*TEXT:* GENESIS 3: 1-5 (NKJV)

3:1. Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"
3:2. And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden;
3:3. "but of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.' "
3:4. Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die.
3:5. "For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

The devil is very cunning; he has a way of going several miles if given a chance at all. He comes in such subtle ways that his victim will see nothing wrong with his mission. In fact, he usually appears completely harmless; this was the situation in the garden at Eden when he appeared in the form of a serpent. He appeared as a friend to Eve - his expressions were very friendly and enticing but his mission was to utterly destroy the future glory of not only the first man and his wife but even their seeds after them. And he succeeded because Eve gave him attention. He only came to challenge and re-order the commandment of God (vv. 2-5).

Beloved, you have no business negotiating with the devil but rather to resist him. The enemy of your soul can engage any means to get your attention in order to steal, kill and destroy (John 10: 10). He has nothing more to offer! Listen, the thought of beating up your wife is not of God; the eagerness to team up against your fellow worker is of the devil;that calculated plot to bring down your superior is against the will of God. Whatever does not give glory to God is from the camp of the enemy of your soul. There is no need to camp with the devil for anything! He is a deceiver and his ultimate mission is to destroy. You will not be his victim this week!

Father, grant me grace to be careful and give the devil no chance at all. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"My lovingkindness is more precious than life."_ *Psalm 63: 3*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:24am On Jun 11

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 11TH JUNE, 2024

*THEME:* LUST OF THE EYES LEADS TO SIN

*TEXT:* GENESIS 3: 6-7 (NKJV)

3:6. So when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make [one] wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
3:7. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

The text today carefully and clearly reveals to us how Eve allowed her sight to lead her into sin. She lusted after the forbidden fruit after the serpent had suggested to her to eat it against God's instruction. She did not stop at that, she equally gave it to her husband to eat and their eyes were opened thereafter. The opening of their eyes was not for good but to their shame and sorrow. It all started with just a look at the forbidden fruit but the result was disastrous; they became shamefully naked!

Beloved, beware of the lust of the eye; not all things are good for your life. The Christian life commands careful selection of what is good and godly in the midst of several choices. Not every dress is good for you just as you need to watch what you eat and where you go. Some things may appear harmless but they can be very destructive in the long run. Beware of the lust of the eyes!

Dear God, help me to keep away from lustful thoughts and desires in Jesus' Name.

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I made you holy by the once for all sacrifice of My Son, Jesus Christ."_ *Hebrews 10: 10*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:41am On Jun 12

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 12TH JUNE, 2024 _*{St. Barnabas The Apostle}*_ *THEME:* THE GREAT COMMANDMENT

*TEXT:* JOHN 15: 12-17 (NKJV)

15:12. "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
15:13. "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
15:14. "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
15:15. "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
15:16. "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
15:17. "These things I command you, that you love one another.

Today we commemorate St. Barnabas, the Apostle who demonstrated the love of Christ by welcoming Saul of Tarsus (Paul) into the Church against all odds (Acts 9: 27-29). In our text today, Jesus Christ greatly emphasised the commandment of loving one another which He gave to His disciples. He had told them to love one another as He had loved them (John 15: 12). He also demonstrated this great love by laying down His life for His followers. This commandment stands till eternity because love is the greatest of all commandments.

Beloved, it is through love that people will see the true picture and person of Jesus in us as His followers. Christianity without love becomes a burden and legislative. The true character of love is explained in 1 Corinthians 13. Again, perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4: 18). We are therefore enjoined to demonstrate the characteristics of love in our daily Christian living. Showing godly (agape) love has its own risks, but perfect love casts out fear; it focuses more on the joy it brings. If you truly love others, many things that appear irritating or annoying in their lives will become inconsequential to you. Love brings peace of mind.

Heavenly Father, help me to show Your love in all I do for the rest of my life. _*Amen*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"I have removed your sins from you as far as the east is from the west."_ *Psalm 103: 12*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 12:41am On Jun 13

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 13TH JUNE, 2024 *THEME:* SIN BRINGS ANGUISH AND SHAME

*TEXT:* GENESIS 3: 8-24 (NKJV)

3:8. And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
3:9. Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where [are] you?"
3:10. So he said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself."
3:11. And He said, "Who told you that you [were] naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"
3:12. Then the man said, "The woman whom You gave [to be] with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate."
3:13. And the LORD God said to the woman, "What [is] this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
3:14. So the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, You [are] cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life.
3:15. And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."
3:16. To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire [shall be] for your husband, And he shall rule over you."
3:17. Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed [is] the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat [of] it All the days of your life.
3:18. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
3:19. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you [are,] And to dust you shall return."
3:20. And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.
3:21. Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.
3:22. Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" --
3:23. therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.
3:24. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Our text today shows that the disobedience of Adam and Eve brought them shame, anguish and reproach. Their sin filled their hearts with great fear and also broke their relationship with God-they started hiding away from God because they were naked. When they both ate the forbidden fruit, their eyes became truly opened to shame, fear and terror. They soon realised that they had been deceived by the Serpent. Fear, shame and reproach replaced their boldness, glory and prestige as God's image. Finally, they were driven out of the blessed Garden of Eden to start labouring hard on earth before they could make ends meet; it was the beginning of woe and travail of mankind.

Beloved, temptation in itself is not a sin, but yielding to it, is. God desires that you run away from sin and sinful tendencies. This is because the moment you commit sin, your relationship with God is broken. Your prayer to God becomes irritating except you ask for forgiveness and repent. Sin exposes its victim to both physical and spiritual shame and reproach. Therefore, we must run away from every form of sinful attitude or habits.

Lord, I ask for divine strength to say no to temptations today, in Jesus name. _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God Says:

_"You can enjoy freedom because Christ has set you free."_ *Galatians 5: 1*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:19am On Jun 14
Date: 2024-June -14

🎯TOPIC: GOD PUNISHES SIN

✝️TEXT: Genesis 4: 1-15(NKJV)
4:1. Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, "I have acquired a man from the LORD."
4:2. Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
4:3. And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the LORD.
4:4. Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the LORD respected Abel and his offering,
4:5. but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.
4:6. So the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?
4:7. "If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire [is] for you, but you should rule over it."
4:8. Now Cain talked with Abel his brother; and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.
4:9. Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where [is] Abel your brother?" He said, "I do not know. [Am] I my brother's keeper?"
4:10. And He said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood cries out to Me from the ground.
4:11. "So now you [are] cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.
4:12. "When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth."
4:13. And Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment [is] greater than I can bear!
4:14. "Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen [that] anyone who finds me will kill me."
4:15. And the LORD said to him, "Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold." And the LORD set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.

✝️ STUDY: Today, we see how the anger in Cain led him to commit murder. He failed to heed God's warning that sin was close by; he yielded to the temptation of killing his own blood brother. The penalty for this sin was very heavy on him: The earth was again cursed for his sake and he was pronounced a fugitive and vagabond for the rest ofhis life. His life took a new downward turn and he never survived it. 'Iwill byno means clear the guilty' (Ex.34: 6-cool.Beloved, you need to examine your heart to see if there is any element of anger or revenge. You have to repent of such and through the word of God, purge your heart and mind. This is because yielding to such sinful tendencies will surely bring suffering and judgement. You can never tell the extent of the shame, reproach, and suffering an act of sin can bring upon you. No sinner will go unpunished. Desist from sin and all its appearances today!

✝️PRAYER: Father, have mercy upon me and keep me away from sinful tendencies in Jesus' Name.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:03am On Jun 15

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 15TH JUNE, 2024 *THEME:* DO NOT LEAVE THE PRESENCE OF GOD

*TEXT:* GENESIS 4: 16-24 (NKJV)

4:16. Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden.

4:17. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son -- Enoch.

4:18. To Enoch was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehujael, and Mehujael begot Methushael, and Methushael begot Lamech.

4:19. Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one [was] Adah, and the name of the second [was] Zillah.

4:20. And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock.

4:21. His brother's name [was] Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute.

4:22. And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain [was] Naamah.

4:23. Then Lamech said to his wives: "Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man for hurting me.

4:24. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold."

Sin is a destroyer but God does not desire the death of a sinner. He wants every person to repent and turn to him. Cain did not repent of his sin, instead, he _“went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden"_ (v.16). He walked away from the Lord! He did not address the problem in his life. God says to His children _“...rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn to the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repents him of the evil"_ (Joel 2:13). Instead of returning to God for mercy, Cain went away from the Lord. He did not realise that God was everywhere (Psa. 139: 7-13).

Dear reader, God does not desire the death of a sinner but that such should repent and live. He is always merciful to forgive sins. God's desire is for you to forsake your wicked ways and your unrighteous thoughts and come back to Him (Isa. 55: 7). Whatever takes you away from the Lord is a weapon of destruction. You are not a candidate of eternal perdition. Ask the Lord for mercy and He will forgive you. Remember, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1John 2: 1). Do not leave the presence of God!

Dear Lord, whatever happens, do not let me leave your presence, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Every good gift that you receive comes directly from My hand."_ _*James 1: 17*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 4:08am On Jun 15

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 15TH JUNE, 2024

*THEME:* DO NOT LEAVE THE PRESENCE OF GOD

*TEXT:* GENESIS 4: 16-24 (NKJV)

4:16. Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden.

4:17. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son -- Enoch.

4:18. To Enoch was born Irad; and Irad begot Mehujael, and Mehujael begot Methushael, and Methushael begot Lamech.

4:19. Then Lamech took for himself two wives: the name of one [was] Adah, and the name of the second [was] Zillah.

4:20. And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock.

4:21. His brother's name [was] Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute.

4:22. And as for Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain [was] Naamah.

4:23. Then Lamech said to his wives: "Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech! For I have killed a man for wounding me, Even a young man for hurting me.

4:24. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold."

Sin is a destroyer but God does not desire the death of a sinner. He wants every person to repent and turn to him. Cain did not repent of his sin, instead, he _“went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden"_ (v.16). He walked away from the Lord! He did not address the problem in his life. God says to His children _“...rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn to the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repents him of the evil"_ (Joel 2:13). Instead of returning to God for mercy, Cain went away from the Lord. He did not realise that God was everywhere (Psa. 139: 7-13).

Dear reader, God does not desire the death of a sinner but that such should repent and live. He is always merciful to forgive sins. God's desire is for you to forsake your wicked ways and your unrighteous thoughts and come back to Him (Isa. 55: 7). Whatever takes you away from the Lord is a weapon of destruction. You are not a candidate of eternal perdition. Ask the Lord for mercy and He will forgive you. Remember, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1John 2: 1). Do not leave the presence of God!

Dear Lord, whatever happens, do not let me leave your presence, _*Amen.*_

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY*
God says:

_"Every good gift that you receive comes directly from My hand."_ _*James 1: 17*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:12am On Jun 16
Date: 2024-June -16
(Third Sunday after Trinity)

🎯TOPIC: INCREASE YOUR THIRST FOR GOD

✝️TEXT: Psalm 63: 1-11(NKJV)
63:1. A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, You [are] my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water.
63:2. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory.
63:3. Because Your lovingkindness [is] better than life, My lips shall praise You.
63:4. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.
63:5. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
63:6. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the [night] watches.
63:7. Because You have been my help, Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
63:8. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.
63:9. But those [who] seek my life, to destroy [it,] Shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
63:10. They shall fall by the sword; They shall be a portion for jackals.
63:11. But the king shall rejoice in God; Everyone who swears by Him shall glory; But the mouth of those who speak lies shall be stopped.

✝️ STUDY: A person who is thirsty will definitely appreciate water. When a man has hunger for God, he will not need any mobilisation to seek His face. This is the situation of the Psalmist in our text today -there was a longing in his heart to seek God. This accounts for why he chose to rise up early to present himself to the Lord (v.1). It is important to note that we can know God more. As we show our willingness to draw closer to Him, so He makes Himself available to us (Jer. 29: 13). Those who seek the Lord will find Him, especially when they do so with all their hearts.Dear child of God, seeking God genuinely is usually a product of deep hunger and thirst. This is the reason you need to develop and/or increase your thirst for Him. It is the desire of God that you move closer to Him, particularly in this week. He has great and deep things to show you as you seek Him and his right hand will uphold you in all you do and those who plot death and destruction for you shall fall by the sword. Seeking God gives you such joy as you cannot explain (vv.7-11).

✝️PRAYER: Lord, I need more of you today and always.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2024(Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 12:00am
Date: 2024-June -17

🎯TOPIC: YOU WILL LAUGH AGAIN

✝️TEXT: TEXT: Genesis 4: 25-26(NKJV)
4:25. And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son and named him Seth, "For God has appointed another seed for me instead of Abel, whom Cain killed."
4:26. And as for Seth, to him also a son was born; and he named him Enosh. Then [men] began to call on the name of the LORD.

✝️ STUDY: We studied earlier about how Cain killed Abel his brother, out of jealousy and anger, and the judgment of God upon him. The passage today shows that God is absolutely powerful to make ways in the wilderness for every person. Adam and Eve had suffered the loss of Abel whom Cain murdered. God in His infinite mercy appointed for them another child, Seth. Truly, what God cannot do does not exist. Job 14: 7 makes it clear that "For there is hope for a tree, if it is cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its tender shoots will not cease."Beloved, God's assurance to you today is that you will laugh again. There is no need to deny the reality of what is happening now in your job, business, marriage, academics and family. Yes, the situations are what they are but God is saying that this is not the end of your story because there isa next chapter. God will make ways for you and you will arise again and laugh, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

✝️PRAYER: Father; make me laugh again in all areas of my life Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Need To Avoid Deliverance Ministries / Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / Spiritual Update: What You Don't Know About Giving.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.