Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence (14699 Views)

The Surprising Resurgence Of Indian TV Serials / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? / You Are Shouting "2020 Is My Year Of Harvest". Did You Plant Anything In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by GreaterFuture(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01
Ok..
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by VictorIfe(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01
mrjojo:
Nairaland is a 2 billion naira worth at the minimum of venture if seun decide to take it seriously

Seun still runs this as a side of side project from his "cubicle" in sango-ota .

Knowing Seun to be an introvert who doesn't like the spot light or want to be popular just as myself, if I were him

I will

Run Nairaland as a business' by

1. Opening a physical office space in Lagos, Abuja, Sango-ota as HQ

2. Employ a CEO to run it while I continue to serve as founder and CTO

3. Employ a full team of enginneers, UX front end designers, marketers

Manage

1. Front page should be very current with update as it happens, ( I see a news/even on instablog and see it days after on the frontpage), alot of people only visit the front page, so it must be regularly updated and of high quality

2. limit posting to some section for new accounts, like have some way you rank accounts, new account should have a 3 month sandbox restriction.

3. make it impossible to register multiple account from thesame device,

4. Use text verification and real email ( no temp mails) for registration

5. Moderation : Each section should have atleast 2 mod and very active section 3 with 1 supermod.

6. Tribalism and hate speech should attract ban, device ban, email ban if possible an IP ban after two warnings

Buid

Implement new feature,

One of the allure of Nairaland is it simplistic UI and fast loading time

That doesn't need to change but it can be better,

1. Add Night mode, this will switch the background to black which is easy on the eyes at night, users can toggle on off

2. Add a bit of self moderation by adding a dislike button (when a comment has so many disikes, a moderator manually access if it should be hidden, users can still view the comment if clicked

3. An email system should be designed, communication stays on nairaland instead of third part email (all nairaland user get a user@nairaland.com email after 6 months of active usage provided the haven't been banned more than thrice,.

4. Build a robust ad management system, from creation, funding , moderation,

5.make it easy to share, the share button can be linked to whatsapp, fb, tiktok, IG, so when someone click on share they can also share outside the platform
a short url like naira.land will also make sharing easy

6. native ios/app with great push feature

mabe more later if I think of more

love the tips nice one sir i hope uncle seun implements all these
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Irupetepete: 8:40pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

I'm pleased to wish you a Happy New Year!!

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

The problems of Nairaland that we should have solved years ago will be solved.

* We will defeat tribalists, trolls, & spammers.
* We will complete our advertising platform.
* We will improve the UI and UX.
* Home page topics will be educative & fresh.
* We will reverse the anti-women trends.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for u as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Happy New Year and thanks for using Nairaland!

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
this one wey Seun, tinubu and papa adeboye dey give the same slang of "it will get tough before it gets better" wetin dey occur gangan

5 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by AfahaAbia(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

2024 will be the year of Nairaland's resurgence. I will face Nairaland squarely like I used to before the discouraging Data Loss Incident of 2014. I will hire more hands to help us to improve Nairaland.

However, I must warn you that things will get worse before they get better. Please stand with us and fight for u as Nairaland faces the tough challenges of 2024, which have already started.

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Hi Seun, I am available to work for Nairaland. Please reach me at kaladajumbo74@gmail.com. I will be very glad for your kind consideration.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by DemonAngel(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01
Should there be a teen section?
Or maybe school campus related sections?

Most importantly, the level of tribalism and hate speech towards each other could lead faint hearted ones to depression.
Nairaland gives a relatable, nigerian feel.
Let's build
@seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Thazard(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01
Nicepoker:
Are you threatening us? grin well if you decide to shoot without missing. We will also learn to fly without perching.
gringringrin
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by YourGFsnatcher: 8:42pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
We are with you 💯 nairand is our home. I don't completely under point 4... however, if we can get the chance to send DMs to members without having to pass through emails it will name mad sense. Currently I have so many emails from nairlanders and cornering with them is not that sleek. But if we can send DMs to members as fast as replies... omooooo... I'll say bye bye to A lot of social media and concentrate mostly on NL, because this is where I spent most of my time except for DMs

4 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by jericco1(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01
Let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by hstar: 8:43pm On Jan 01
Prigidypogodo:
I love nairaland
I love Seun Osenwa
I hate trolls and bigot
I hate Tinubu
I love yoruba
I love Igbo
I love Hausa
I love other tribes
thunder scatter Tinubu
thunder scatter Apc
may God punish them and theirs.

God bless Nairaland and its founder 😍❣️❣️💕💕
Do you like nlpolicewoman?

I mean mannabbqgrillss?

5 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:44pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.
Nairaland is long due for a redesign. You're not even talking of giving the webpage a facelift. You created Nairaland in the era of Symbian phones. Now we are in the Android era. Please redesign the page and introduce new features.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by YourGFsnatcher: 8:44pm On Jan 01
DemonAngel:
Should there be a teen section?
Or maybe school campus related sections?

Most importantly, the level of tribalism and hate speech towards each other could lead faint hearted ones to depression.
Nairaland gives a relatable, nigerian feel.
Let's build

You should have quoted him so he can see this

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Benwallt(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01
Close your x account and communicate through nairaland. You have no business owning account on x, fbk or Instagram

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Geenosko: 8:45pm On Jan 01
Actions speak louder than words

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by etrange: 8:45pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Happy New Year, Seun.

You know, for a moment, I thought you weren't noticing the egregious anti-women trend on this platform. Happy you intend to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by YourGFsnatcher: 8:45pm On Jan 01
hstar:

Do you like nlpolicewoman?

I mean mannabbqgrillss?

is a menace to the men's society

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Thazard(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01
Silentgroper:

That's going to be for the about to register users ...

Not for the users with existing accts...
gringringrin
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by finofaya: 8:45pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Happy New Year, Seun. I share your excitement. With the UI/UX changes, please can you make it so that comments in a thread are ranked by likes or shares, rather than by time?

2 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Coldspice: 8:46pm On Jan 01
money121:

Available for Mod position we can discuss that in my DM

Most especially properties section

You shouldn't be in the properties section. You have several posts outside properties section that make sense. Besides, in that properties section, some werey dey there. If you give good advice, they will say it is because you want to benefit from it.

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by hstar: 8:47pm On Jan 01
A001:

Compliments of the season, bro! Please, give us a block button. Thank you.
I presume that first person you'll block is the vulture griller
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by faceland: 8:47pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Yeah, anything you concentrate on (with a determined focus) must improve...

Based on the bad experience of 2023, some of us has braced up for the worst (while praying for things to get better).

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Pickieox(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Mr. Seun, if you need a helping hand in promoting Nairaland. I'm just a mail (pickieox2@gmail.com) away from you. I will be doing it pro bono (free of charge).

Compliments of the season🌻

My regards🥂

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by AlabiKILLER2023: 8:48pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Phoolish Yoruba boy
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Myer(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01
Zonefree:
the audacity undecided
It's called marketing. You might want to consider it this year.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by faceland: 8:48pm On Jan 01
SUMMARY: There's lots of work to be done.
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by XAUBulls: 8:48pm On Jan 01
CandyOps:
Seun we should be able to link our social media to our account. And use a phone number for verification so if the system blocks your account it also blocks the phone number attached.

Give us the ability to block and dislike a moniker
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Silentgroper(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01
Well Mr SEUN ... You can start with this thread ..

There's a lady on this thread using her alternate after you outrightly banned one of her mains...

That's disobeying one the great laws of NL right under your nose..

Do something abt it..

Atleast that leaves us rest assured that you mean what you said up there

3 Likes

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by DemonAngel(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01
YourGFsnatcher:
Did'nt realise cheesy
Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Blacklion3: 8:49pm On Jan 01
cococandy:
Will you also tackle the rampant vitriolic misogyny on here? Thanks
Oga go and sit down. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by DemonAngel(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01
YourGFsnatcher:
Did'nt realise cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by BenedictAbajue(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01
finofaya:

Happy New Year, Seun. I share your excitement. With the UI/UX changes, please can you make it so that comments in a thread are ranked by likes or shares, rather than by time?
Rather each user should be able to select how he/she wants to view his comments. Make e no be like facebook wey you go dey find person comment under post

1 Like

Re: 2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence by Lamasta(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Seun Osewa,
Nairaland's Founder.

Happy New Year boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. / Why Am I Getting Too Many PM'S / What Is Your Most Treasured Possession And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.