Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex (21098 Views)

Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses / Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market / Onitsha:Traders Count Losses As Fire Destroys Goods Worth N50m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by ImperialYoruba: 8:40am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

The police isn't the problem, Nigerians are the problem.

The initial quit notices were served in 2019. The tenants went to court and the court case started. The court finally ruled that POWA had the right to evict and demolish.

POWA applied for a demolition permit, it was issued and the tenants were served a 3-Month notice ending December 31st.

Then they were also served a 24-hour notice on December 30 to remind them.

As at midnight of 12am January 1, those tenants should have left as they didn't have any legal stance or any right to be there, POWA had gone through the needed steps too and so they can't be held liable.

Also note that those asking where the tenants should go, POWA has not been collecting rent since 2019 when the initial quit notices were served. They refused to make plans now this has happened.

Are you serious? Where did Emeka and Chibueke come from? Abi flood and erosion done wash Bini-Onitsha road comot ni?

Iranu

1 Like

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by 3ice9ce: 8:40am On Jan 02
Acidosis:

Smh. You believe this? You think anyone can sell anything in a place like Computer Village for 3 years without paying rent? Same Lagos state where people pay to sell in traffic?

There's obviously a middleman (agent or lawyer) somewhere who has been luring, deceiving, and collecting rent from the tenants.

Then, go meet the middleman who you've been foolishly paying rent to and stop ranting here.

4 Likes

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Paramount01(m): 8:42am On Jan 02
superCleanworks:
Sad. But it is possible that enough evacuation notice/warning was given

Not that is possible, I am an house agent, we give! @ least 3 month if you dint comply we give 7days, if we don't comply we give 24hrs,aftee that we collect court injusction the move your load out, if you don't see all this 3month notice and just see us moving your Laos outside you will SA we are wicked
. Human being are naturally wicked
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:42am On Jan 02
Paramount01:

So because those mentioned you mentioned is not fit for human they should leave this also, they demolish it because those involve discover is not fit for human,

I've heard Ooo...support bad thing well well

Ordinary P&G left,pampers and Anti biotic Don turn Gold..

You will start buying items and fixing them at prices you cannot afford. JUST DEY WATCH. Follow government dey jubilate nonsense..
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by nnamdi640: 8:42am On Jan 02
aybabz101:
Reading through the article now, I was surprised that some if not most of the occupants are even yorubas and yet we do not hear any form of wailing from them.

If the building was left in its classical structure, they will come online and be calling us brown roof republic. But they want to modernize it now, they are saying some specific persons are targeted.

Last year thought me to always do my own research when reading anything pertaining to tribalism in Nigeria
Same way you also rush to call them Ipob, don't just come here to act as if you are a saint
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by magabounce(m): 8:43am On Jan 02
Like ehhhhh!!!!! I've already seen a poster who's dragged the East into it already
Domyresearch:

People won't read this. Watch how it degenerates into the usual tribal war in 321...
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:43am On Jan 02
Paramount01:

Not that is possible, I am an house agent, we give! @ least 3 month if you dint comply we give 7days, if we don't comply we give 24hrs,aftee that we collect court injusction the move your load out, if you don't see all this 3month notice and just see us moving your Laos outside you will SA we are wicked
. Human being are naturally wicked

Rubbish talk...

I repeat Odo Eran must be demolish before you even compare
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Paramount01(m): 8:43am On Jan 02
ufotunang:
When we have people that do not have conscience and feelings for the poor/common man

How? Anything Ilegal, just call the igbo's
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Acidosis(m): 8:43am On Jan 02
3ice9ce:

Then, go meet the middleman who you've been foolishly paying rent to and stop ranting here.

Of course, the shop owners will need to get a refund from the criminal agents (if any at all) who are generally and typically known for greed, theft, and lies.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by emerged01(m): 8:44am On Jan 02
Paystack:
It's not the visitors/migrants who pay rents to use those shops I pity... They can always rent another.

It's the Omoulabis who own the shops and depend heavily on rents to meet ends and settle family finances.

And it's now rents are about to expire and now they're supposed to get new rents.

I don't think those people from east will even pay since the shop don't exist anymore... it seems like a win win.

Oga read the articles before you comment. We shouldnt be quick to spread false news. The demolition was carried out by POWA. They owned the complex.

3 Likes

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by udemzyudex(m): 8:44am On Jan 02
Acidosis:

Smh. You believe this? You think anyone can sell anything in a place like Computer Village for 3 years without paying rent? Same Lagos state where people pay to sell in traffic?

There's obviously a middleman (agent or lawyer) somewhere who has been luring, deceiving, and collecting rent from the tenants.

I believe it, some people do owe up to 4 years rent there.

1 Like

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:44am On Jan 02
3ice9ce:

POWA is Police Officers Wives Association. It usually oversees shops built by Police wives within Police Barracks.

Who controls the Police..? Its the government.

Just keep supporting rubbish.. We will all be here to suffer the repercussions
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by stuffs4me(m): 8:44am On Jan 02
Acidosis:

Seun will need a whole lot of hands to correct the anomalies on this forum. A lot of people have zero and bad upbringing. Unfortunately, NL has been a dumping ground where they come in to showcase bigotry and illiteracy.

Why can't people have sane discussions on your forum, Seun?

Seun need to clean up Nairaland and you will be one of the first to go for spreading lies, hate and BIGOTRY.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by IamMobisola(f): 8:44am On Jan 02
There was prior warning to occupants of the POWA plaza. Even on some of the WhatsApp groups I belong to, I have been seeing these posts about POWA plaza about to be demolished since last week. People who had businesses there were told to evacuate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Paramount01(m): 8:46am On Jan 02
OloYeOfEgbE:

You will start buying items and fixing them at prices you cannot afford. JUST DEY WATCH. Follow government dey jubilate nonsense..

Triabl card have éaten you well, you just love Ilegal things, anywhere they get shop let them get it who cares how much they sell their things, if yours is expensive because of your shop rent let see who will buy it now

5 Likes

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Donedeal1(m): 8:46am On Jan 02
Some forms of new year

Gifts.?.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Sirjudy1(m): 8:47am On Jan 02
Thanks for this clarification. I knew there must be a back story to this.

Mynd44:

The initial quit notices were served in 2019. The tenants went to court and the court case started. The court finally ruled that POWA had the right to evict and demolish.

POWA applied for a demolition permit, it was issued and the tenants were served a 3-Month notice ending December 31st.

As at midnight of 12am January 1, those tenants should have left as they didn't have any legal stance or any right to be there, POWA had gone through the needed steps too and so they can't be held liable.

Also note that those asking where the tenants should go, POWA has not been collecting rent since 2019 when the initial quit notices were served. They refused to make plans now this has happened.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by PDPdestroyer(m): 8:47am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

Seun, come and sack Mynd44 for this comment, he's a bigot grin
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by 3ice9ce: 8:47am On Jan 02
OloYeOfEgbE:

Who controls the Police..? Its the government.
Just keep supporting rubbish.. We will all be here to suffer the repercussions

They asked you to get out, but you were doing stronghead. You for remain there make Mopol use koboko rewrite hour destiny.
You are the ones suffering the consequences of your stupidity, that's why you're crying like a barren witch.
I dey here dey laugh your mumu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by uksam007: 8:47am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

I knew there was more to the story.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Starz825(m): 8:49am On Jan 02
Paystack:
It's not the visitors/migrants who pay rents to use those shops I pity... They can always rent another.

It's the Omoulabis who own the shops and depend heavily on rents to meet ends and settle family finances.

And it's now rents are about to expire and now they're supposed to get new rents.

I don't think those people from east will even pay since the shop don't exist anymore... it seems like a win win.
just talking rubbish...

you read the article at all??

The shopping arcade is owned and controlled by the police wives Association. they apparently demolished it to rebuild a modern complex

Nobody does such without quick/prior notice...they must have been notified.
Nigerian traders should learn to adhere to laws and orders...

no be everything be : Nothing go happen

Now policemen don steal their goods take chop life ...very sad and disgusting...

this country sef
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by jaxxy(m): 8:50am On Jan 02
I think it is wicked and heartless to demolish people's property in their absence and without prior notice or warning.

This is beyond disgusting.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by 3ice9ce: 8:51am On Jan 02
[sup][/sup]
OloYeOfEgbE:

Grief has made you start typing trash. How many pampers your mama fit buy?
Molfix and Huggies dey, both diapers. You don't know because you can't afford it.
You go cry taya.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by 3ice9ce: 8:52am On Jan 02
jaxxy:
I think it is wicked and heartless to demolish people's property in their absence and without prior notice or warning.

This is beyond disgusting.

There was adequate warning. Confirm from traders there. You just jump about typing rubbish.

Stick to your support of Ipob and stop writing nonsense on matters above your IQ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by Mustiboy(m): 8:52am On Jan 02
One of the shop owners must have been at the Lagos Countdown show with Sanwo Olu on Dec 31st night, shining teeth and hailing the governor.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by symbianDON(m): 8:52am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

those traders are not serious at all. I have no pity to waste on them.

1 Like

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by UncleKoboko: 9:01am On Jan 02
Mynd44:

I don't believe you at all
How did you know they've not been paying rent?
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by jaxxy(m): 9:06am On Jan 02
3ice9ce:

There was adequate warning. Confirm from traders there. You just jump about typing rubbish.

Stick to your support of Ipob and stop writing nonsense on matters above your IQ

I just read it and go some insights on adequate notice atleast according to the state. We may hear something different from the tenants.

Ur last statement was completely unnecessary if u had an average IQ. u can make ur point without being a scumbag and bigot.
Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by 3ice9ce: 9:07am On Jan 02
UncleKoboko:

I don't believe you at all
How did you know they've not been paying rent?

Whether you believe him or not is your problem. Doesn't affect the validity of what he said. Someone else on the thread corroborated what he said.

1 Like

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by reddingtonblack: 9:08am On Jan 02
Acidosis:

Since there is a court injunction, it is possible.

once eviction notice have being served on a building, the occupants are relieved of paying rent till expiration of given period even if sam larry is the landlord.

Don't make baseless assumptions, except you have evidence of middleman or agent that collected money from them

5 Likes

Re: Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex by DDIA: 9:08am On Jan 02
Paystack:

they paid with their lost goods. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges / MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage / The Best Places To Keep Money Apart From Banks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.