Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada (31439 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets / Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Uber Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial / Sanwo-olu Orders Probe Of Pupil Sent Out Of School Over Obi’s Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by sonofsteven: 3:04pm On Jan 02
NOC1:

How, why?

Did he not fault the law?

He was riding Okada on one way, in November in that same axis of Ojo barracks, a BRT killed an Okada man and two of his passengers who were on my way.
They vandalized the BRT despite them being the cause of the accident.

If we want a working country as we claim, obeying this kind of law should not be an issue.
One-way driving is very dangerous.

Okada using one way is common in the world not only Nigeria and most traffic police turn away their eyes, even against traffic lights sef.... so it's just that when e enter their head,don't just get caught or hit any vehicle cause you wey hit or then hit go pay for the damages either ways
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by dangotesmummy: 3:18pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:
Them go mess this man up oh. Intimidation drinking bottle water and feeling funky. U will climb down ur high table and meet with the same people in nearest future.
Soldiers can risk there life to end your life. Be am exemplary leader. Even in China, bikes are allowed in major cities.
If na me if I be soldier, if I enter that car dem go shoot oh. All of una wey dey quote me una mama and papa nyash wey dey leak dey smell

My brother no be say na one way oh. If u watch closely the car is also at the same direction. Na just make him flex him useless power. Fools thinking lagos na paradise. Slum state.
another pepper body.ok so because he be soildier he dey above the law? Na bad Bele go lol you.alabosi
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by shinealight(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:
Them go mess this man up oh. Intimidation drinking bottle water and feeling funky. U will climb down ur high table and meet with the same people in nearest future.
Soldiers can risk there life to end your life. Be am exemplary leader. Even in China, bikes are allowed in major cities.
If na me if I be soldier, if I enter that car dem go shoot oh. All of una wey dey quote me una mama and papa nyash wey dey leak dey smell

My brother no be say na one way oh. If u watch closely the car is also at the same direction. Na just make him flex him useless power. Fools thinking lagos na paradise. Slum state.

You must be a lawless individual like the offender. People like you want to japa to go and live among civilised human beings…..which country in the World will accept such lawless miscreants? cool
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by matoota: 3:27pm On Jan 02
Nawa oh 😒😏
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by matoota: 3:27pm On Jan 02
matoota:
Nawa oh 😒😏
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by ImratiiGuy: 3:29pm On Jan 02
Baba de no de do okada for kano tey tey.

kada riders should take note.

Lagos state is not Kano state or Sokoto where they argue with the governor convey on who will be first to use the road on daily basis tongue[/quote]
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fujiyama: 3:36pm On Jan 02
undecided

I'm no fan of the Lagos state governor but in this case he is in the right. There is nothing to argue about here. For us to have to explain and/or justify this arrest - it clearly shows the damage and rot the military has left on the national psyche.

Instead of shipping these fellows off to create garrisons in Plateau or Borno and have them actually justify their pay - they have been allowed to become a complete nuisance in one city metropolis or the other - across the entire country.

Over 200 dead in Plateau last week and the military said the problem was the 'terrain'. undecided Of course they would say that - they obviously prefer their personnel riding okadas "one way" on asphalt roads in the city, instead of taking the fight to terrorists hiding out in this country's forests, caves, hills and mountains.

Toy soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by PureNigerian: 4:10pm On Jan 02
Haryour12:

That China allows it doesn't make it right or that any other place should allow same. Moreso, can you drive on the wrong lane in China?

You need to learn to think properly and comment wisely

I observed your comment with keen interest and I'm embarrassed to share a country with your type. It was clearly stated in the headline that these bikers were on the wrong side of the road yet you want him to overlook cause he's military. You people will say the leaders are bad and yet society keeps on grooming bad people to lead them.

Is obeying law and order not a significant rule in the military?
If this had happened in another country, say the USA, your type would comment “Can never happen in Nigeria, USA is a sane country”

Please, you people should comment wisely, this isn't about politics but obeying simple order

Before you tag me to say whatever

I'm Yoruba
I support Obi and I'm unapologetic about it
But this is something I believe even Peter Obi stand for.

And before I round up my comment, you said something about not messing with the military, I don't understand that clearly but if you're referring to the usual unprofessionalism of the Nigeria Military of attacking unharmed citizens and always showing might when they see citizens they are meant to protect, then I must say you need to be properly educated on the ethics that guides a military personnel. But this is Nigeria, anything goes.

Let's make justice and fairness a thing, noone should be above the law.

You be Man
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by bukkiexchange01(f): 4:27pm On Jan 02
naptu2:
AJE @Riddwane

AJE @Riddwane

The governor himself is a hypocrite, doing eye service.

The lance corporal was caught outside the fence of his barracks, who knows if he was out on casual within the barracks vicinity. Why dem no catch am where im fellow military people dey.

Sanwo Olu, If your tenure finish, you go pay for your hypocrisy
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Franking: 4:30pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:

Who is this one? Laws are meant to be obeyed and Nigeria's biggest problem is people like you and their barbaric mentality.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by monex(m): 4:31pm On Jan 02
FamTomx2:
Dangerous game played by the election rigger feeling like demigod.

Despite pleas from the military guy still he maintained his godfather status and send him to the dungeon. grin grin

Definitely the military will watch and access the whole drama with keen interest..

You don't fück with the metal unstable Nigeria military!

if Nigeria finally better, a lot of you wont survive o.

are soldiers above the law? Imagine the effontery of the soldier telling the CinC of state that he is a soldier.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fearyourcreator: 4:49pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:

Flex with him power... Smiles.... Nawa ooo... And some even liked the comment ... Nigeria harbour people ooo

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fearyourcreator: 4:51pm On Jan 02
NOC1:

How, why?

He was riding Okada on one way, in November in that same axis of Ojo barracks, a BRT killed an Okada man and two of his passengers who were on my way.

If we want a working country as we claim, obeying this kind of law should not be an issue.
One way never kill him family na... Some of them will just come online and start saying jargon... Dem go reach white man land coordinate... Yeye people
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fearyourcreator: 4:52pm On Jan 02
badboyTee:
Werey say *I'm a soldier sir*

Those fools if them don join the military their head no dey correct again it won't pass all these ndi Igbo coming to spoil Lagos for us
grin grin
Na those small boys na...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Fearyourcreator: 4:53pm On Jan 02
Haryour12:

That China allows it doesn't make it right or that any other place should allow same. Moreso, can you drive on the wrong lane in China?

You need to learn to think properly and comment wisely

I observed your comment with keen interest and I'm embarrassed to share a country with your type. It was clearly stated in the headline that these bikers were on the wrong side of the road yet you want him to overlook cause he's military. You people will say the leaders are bad and yet society keeps on grooming bad people to lead them.

Is obeying law and order not a significant rule in the military?
If this had happened in another country, say the USA, your type would comment “Can never happen in Nigeria, USA is a sane country”

Please, you people should comment wisely, this isn't about politics but obeying simple order

Before you tag me to say whatever

I'm Yoruba
I support Obi and I'm unapologetic about it
But this is something I believe even Peter Obi stand for.

And before I round up my comment, you said something about not messing with the military, I don't understand that clearly but if you're referring to the usual unprofessionalism of the Nigeria Military of attacking unharmed citizens and always showing might when they see citizens they are meant to protect, then I must say you need to be properly educated on the ethics that guides a military personnel. But this is Nigeria, anything goes.

Let's make justice and fairness a thing, noone should be above the law.
Nigeria dey try ooo... People dey this country
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Olat4421: 5:05pm On Jan 02
U are telling d governor u are a soldier 😁😁😁
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Roski1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02
Dynamicboss:

Do you see soldiers breaking the law in the civilised country you mentioned? When I say Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, here is one reason

Your comment is painful and disgraceful
. Is this how civilized government officials treat their soldiers in civilized countries? He has the right to order arrest of the soldier for breaking the law, but the man is being manhandled by the governors security detail, while the governor himself is making abusive comments including the soldiers father. People that have never been to the civilized countries will be spilling nonsense. If it’s in civilized country both the soldier and the governor will be punished. Infact, the governor will be made to resign in disgrace for his disgraceful conduct.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by uniquetechng: 5:16pm On Jan 02
NOC1:

How, why?

BRT Bus in Ojo ? That's a fat lie.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by naptu2: 5:22pm On Jan 02
uniquetechng:
BRT Bus in Ojo ? That's a fat lie.

3 dead as BRT hits motorcycles in Lagos

Three persons on two commercial motorcycles, popularly known as Okada, have been crushed to death in an auto crash involving a Bus Rapid Transit, BRT, vehicle at the Alakija area of Lagos.

The victims, it was gathered, had head-on collision with the BRT vehicle heading to Okokomaiko, in the Ojo area of the state, from Mile 2.

According to reports, they were on their way home after a football match at Navy Town, Ojo, when their motorcycles rammed into the bus.

The incident triggered provocation from mob and youths, who had besieged the BRT vehicle aiming to set the bus on fire.

But it took the timely intervention of policemen from FESTAC Police Station, led by the Divisional Police Officer, Balogun Gboyega, to avert further crisis in the area.

The corpse of one of the motorcyclists was taken away by relatives, while three others were taken to FESTAC Police Station.

Eyewitness said the BRT driver was rescued by the police from the mob lynching him.
The officers took both the BRT driver and his bus to the station.

The Lagos state government has banned riding of motorcycle on the BRT lane from Okokomaiko to Mile 2 with the commencement of BRT bus operations on the route.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, has confirmed the incident to newsmen.

The picture is too gruesome for me to post, but you can see it here: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/3-dead-as-brt-hits-motorcycles-in-lagos/
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by just2endowed: 5:25pm On Jan 02
Heavengained1:
He should channel the same energy towards Agberos and area Boyd constituting nuisance all over Lagos.

Wahala Wahala Wahala.

How can he touched agberos? He would rather die than allow anyone to touch agberos
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by PTA2020: 5:26pm On Jan 02
Sanwo-Olu, no gree for anybody o 😂
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by uniquetechng: 5:28pm On Jan 02
naptu2:

The picture is too gruesome for me to post, but you can see it here: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/3-dead-as-brt-hits-motorcycles-in-lagos/
The report is dubious and misleading, there are no BRT stations or buses on that axis till Okoko heading to Badagry.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by naptu2: 5:28pm On Jan 02
uniquetechng:
The report is dubious and misleading, there are no BRT stations or buses on that axis till Okoko heading to Badagry.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by uniquetechng: 5:32pm On Jan 02
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
As I am typing this from Oke-afar where I and my wife came to check one of my land, I have property in IBA where my family lives so I frequent this axis, like I said no BRT Buses around here. You only find Okada and mini buses on BRT lanes as many parts of the roads has not been open to the public especially around Iyana-Iba.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by NoToPile: 5:38pm On Jan 02
If we say some Nigerians are not okay upstairs they will say no, look at some people supporting the bike men because he's a soldier.

To show the guts they have, and the level of indiscipline and lawlessness he's even telling the governor ' I am a soldier, sir. You will tey in side cell.

Why then we're the others running if they were right.

One way driving on Lagos Badagry is very terrible, so many accidents because of this matters.

He will tey in the cell.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by NoToPile: 5:40pm On Jan 02
uniquetechng:
As I am typing this from Oke-afar where I and my wife came to check one of my land, I have property in IBA where my family lives so I frequent this axis, like I said no BRT Buses around here. You only find Okada and mini buses on BRT lanes as many parts of the roads has not been open to the public especially around Iyana-Iba.

You are arguing ignorantly.

BRT has been plying that route for more than a year.

As at 2022 it got to Barracks only now they also pick up at volks down to CMS.

Haba.

Something that there's Anti BRT lane patrol van that catches vehicles who pass there.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by UptownVibes(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02
Frontend:

Oga I disagree with you on this one,everybody is equal before the rule of law
Not in Nigeria. Some are above the law.. Just have money and connection and you will understand better
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by okoolori(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:

Hsssshhh.... shut up before you constitute nuisance here ...
So playing one way is lawful now coz the rider is a soldier ba...
You guys are just something else...
Imagine the rider hitting someone playing that one way now and the person come be your relation. I bet you won't be saying this or would you?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by Smartwave: 6:01pm On Jan 02
MatrixReloaded:

Go back to your State, son of pain.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by damkin24(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02
FamTomx2:
Dangerous game played by the election rigger feeling like demigod.

Despite pleas from the military guy still he maintained his godfather status and send him to the dungeon. grin grin

Definitely the military will watch and access the whole drama with keen interest..

You don't fück with the metal unstable Nigeria military!
See this unscrupulous fellow
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada by AbujaLagos: 6:49pm On Jan 02
FamTomx2:

Hahahaha. . frustrated soul get behind me 🤣🤣
you don baff?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Wike Heads To Supreme Court / Is Peter Obi The Face Of Take Back Nigeria Movement? / Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu Dedicate Son, Aragorn At COZA Church,Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.